An old foe reveals their true face [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I am going to go for the healing storm trooper commander. Will be needed for the new dark side territory battles and they are an old foe. Plus we need more stormtroopers
  • Options
    Greeneya wrote: »
    You people are funny. It is MAUL!!!

All clues are there.

1. He belongs to the same species as Nightsisters.

2. He is originaly from the planet Dathomir

3. He is the son of Mother Talzin

4091782-star-wars---darth-maul---son-of-dathomir-004-_2014_-_dig.jpg

4. We were able to use Phoenix squad in event with Nightsisters

5. Maul at first hide his identity in Rebels, and he is an old villain.

[yt]https://youtu.be/QaOx_qJmEDs[yt/]

This is kinda interesting, could be, could be. Of course, he's also not of the same species as the Nightsisters, just from the same planet.

I find it more likely that it is someone from The Last Jedi, due to business side of this game, along with the fact that they are releasing a character before the release of the movie, it would be someone they would give (a least a little) time to farm in order to use later for events.

You are wrong sir. Male and female of Dathomir are represented by the nightsisters and the maul kind. All the same species, but is dominated by the females. It is pretty clear in the clone wars series!
  • Greeneya
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Greeneya wrote: »
    You people are funny. It is MAUL!!!

All clues are there.

1. He belongs to the same species as Nightsisters.

2. He is originaly from the planet Dathomir

3. He is the son of Mother Talzin

4091782-star-wars---darth-maul---son-of-dathomir-004-_2014_-_dig.jpg

4. We were able to use Phoenix squad in event with Nightsisters

5. Maul at first hide his identity in Rebels, and he is an old villain.

[yt]https://youtu.be/QaOx_qJmEDs[yt/]

This is kinda interesting, could be, could be. Of course, he's also not of the same species as the Nightsisters, just from the same planet.

I find it more likely that it is someone from The Last Jedi, due to business side of this game, along with the fact that they are releasing a character before the release of the movie, it would be someone they would give (a least a little) time to farm in order to use later for events.

Maul is the same species as Nightsisters.

Maul, Nightsisters, Nightbrothers ect. are Dathomirians.
    Dathomirians are subspecies of Zabraks.

Dathomirians males have more colorful skin than zabraks with markings. Their skin can be yellow, orange or red. Also they are bald.
    Dathomirian females are white with grey markings. They can have hair but they lack horns on the head.

Screen_Shot_10-27-17_at_01.44_PM.png

Nightbrothers-_WOTM.png

Nightsisters-_TCW.jpg
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    Maul is not a son to Talzin.
    Its just that Talzin is "Mother Talzin". It is an honorary name, not indication of being relatives.

False. Did you even watch TCW and read Darth Maul canon comics?!

Maul is biological son of Mother Talzin.

Screen_Shot_10-27-17_at_01.43_PM_001.png

[img][/img]Screen_Shot_10-27-17_at_02.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_10-27-17_at_02.00_PM.png
  • Options
    Would have been nice to see them using proper English and said "an old foe reveals his true face."

Or her, although I can't think of any female SW characters it could be.

Using "their" is proper English, in that most English speakers use "their" for an unknown or ambiguous third person. This has been true for over 500 years, even though uptight wannabe rulemakers made up the rule that one should use "his" in this case back in the 1800s.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I am going for Darth Malak or Revan for the KOTOR tie in.

That would be amazing - I had no idea they were releasing KTOR on XBOne. I'll have to dust it off!!

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see them using proper English and said "an old foe reveals his true face."

Or her, although I can't think of any female SW characters it could be.

Using "their" is proper English, in that most English speakers use "their" for an unknown or ambiguous third person. This has been true for over 500 years, even though uptight wannabe rulemakers made up the rule that one should use "his" in this case back in the 1800s.

Sorry but "proper" English does use the term "He" when speaking about the gender of an unknown party:

"For years, if the gender of an individual referred to in a sentence is unknown, “he” would be used as the generic pronoun."

But this was "Proper" over a hundred years ago or more. It is only in more modern English do we see non-gender specific use of the word "Their" or "One". Some use “they,” but this word cannot be used with a singular antecedent—it is only used with plurals.

Sometimes rewriting a sentence may help, but unfortunately you will at some point be forced to make a choice between sexist, clunky, or technically incorrect!

In more modern speak many people will flip between gender starting one sentence using "She" and the next continued sentence as "He". Which is nothing more than confusing to the reader.

Nowadays you can generally tell when an author is a female because they tend to always use the term "She" - in some failed attempt to boast gender equality, but this only appears sexist on the opposite end of the scale.

Watching weekly pregnancy videos, each week the video narrator will switch genders when referring to Baby - even though simply using the term "Baby" is correct anyway.

Today I would recognise "Their", "They", "One" and "Baby" as grammatically correct - depending on the structure of the sentence for which such a term is contained.

Today, stating he or she (unless the gender is known) is and should be considered sexist.

Sorry - but this is quite a passionate subject of mine.
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    Maul is not a son to Talzin.
    Its just that Talzin is "Mother Talzin". It is an honorary name, not indication of being relatives.

Maul truly is her son
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Ding ding ding.

Proper English debate Round 6. GO
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Ding ding ding.

Proper English debate Round 6. GO

Please for the love of everything no more English debates
  • Options
    I'm a little bit ignorant on the subject, but could it be Plagueis or the Inquisitors?
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt it. My vote was 100% on maskless Kylo from TLJ.

But with the release of KOTOR on XBOne - it could be a toon like Revan. But that would be just too good to be true.
  • Options
    Proper english... roflmao... i feel sorry for those that think theres anything proper about a language that has had more incestful relations with every language on the planet producing all kinds of abominations and mutant children that reproduce even more variations everyday... 4sho

Basterdized words from every language to the point theres little left to mock or twist, so it then turns on itself and makes acronyms... 4shizzle...

yeah... park your "proper english" bus in the back end of bag end you grammar gollums... the pursuit of your "precious" is just annoying, kinda scary you take it that seriously but laughable more than anything... cause you may think your doing something noble... but in the the end...

There all gonna laugh at you... buddy, homie and dude... no @names needed you know who you are 4realz.

https://youtu.be/LWPyI0fM9h0

And lastly... an old foe reveals there true face... its so vague, it could be anyone... lots of good ideas but i dont think any can pin it down... i would like a new phasma... but a something like ****-legs maul seems the best option.

Idk we will find out soon enough...

Oh... and just chuck dem dere gramma popo's opinions down the garbage chute and give em a blaster... so the shots they take at you ricochet around like pining down proper english really is...

Theres no rules in english that haven't been broken... thats what english is... breaking the law... Yolo
  • Options
    Couldn’t they do something like introducing Inferno Squad characters to cross-promote Battlefront II? I this the lead doesn’t have a helmet in some media I’ve seen. Old foe being the empire...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Proper english... roflmao... i feel sorry for those that think theres anything proper about a language that has had more incestful relations with every language on the planet producing all kinds of abominations and mutant children that reproduce even more variations everyday... 4sho

Basterdized words from every language to the point theres little left to mock or twist, so it then turns on itself and makes acronyms... 4shizzle...

yeah... park your "proper english" bus in the back end of bag end you grammar gollums... the pursuit of your "precious" is just annoying, kinda scary you take it that seriously but laughable more than anything... cause you may think your doing something noble... but in the the end...

There all gonna laugh at you... buddy, homie and dude... no @names needed you know who you are 4realz.

And lastly... an old foe reveals there true face... its so vague, it could be anyone... lots of good ideas but i dont think any can pin it down... i would like a new phasma... but a something like ****-legs maul seems the best option.

Oh... and just chuck dem dere gramma popo's opinions down the garbage chute and give em a blaster... so the shots they take at you ricochet around like pining down proper english really is...

Theres no rules in english that haven't been broken... thats what english is... breaking the law... Yolo

What are you blathering on about. Language - any language, changes and evolves with time. Not to mention there is slang and urban speech in any language as well.

The European Commission has announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU, rather than German, which was the other contender.

Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had room for improvement and has therefore accepted a five-year phasing in of "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make sivil servants jump for joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k", Which should klear up some konfusion and allow one key less on keyboards.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f", making words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" is disgrasful.

By the fourth yer, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".
    During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and everivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI COM TRU!
    Herr Schmidt
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

What are you blathering on about. Language - any language, changes and evolves with time. Not to mention there is slang and urban speech in any language as well.

The European Commission has announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU, rather than German, which was the other contender.

Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had room for improvement and has therefore accepted a five-year phasing in of "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make sivil servants jump for joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k", Which should klear up some konfusion and allow one key less on keyboards.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f", making words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" is disgrasful.

By the fourth yer, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".
    During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and everivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI COM TRU!
    Herr Schmidt

F an A man... F an A
  • Options
    Wow. I'd be down with a new Maul and NS syngery. Compelling argument too. Not sure its gonna happen, but down with it!
    But, especially with the TB Officer tools release - I feel they might follow that up with the much requested GG Redo + maybe a small Droid Pass - unless GG's Lead ads in something to make the low health droids beafier - it's also going to have to surpass HK-47 - whatever it is. Anyways - GG seems the safe and likely choice.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Why even care about proper english on this forum. A LOT of us come from non english speaking countries and were just here for news and complains, not the “story of my life” kinda things :D

Also mobile instead of pc because im lazy dosent help with my english gramma
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Why even care about proper english on this forum. A LOT of us come from non english speaking countries and were just here for news and complains, not the “story of my life” kinda things :D

Proper English argument is not about what people post on the forum or how they post it, but the Developer hint for the things ahead.

This argument was made (somewhere) above:

"Would have been nice to see them using proper English and said "an old foe reveals his true face."

Or her, although I can't think of any female SW characters it could be
    ."

So the Dev's would be using proper English in referencing an unknown toon (or gender of toon) as "He" but could actually be a "She".

But in this day and age proper English is considered sexist, and if the Devs stated the "old foe" as male/he then it is most likely a male toon, not female.

Make sense?
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Proper English argument is not about what people post on the forum or how they post it, but the Developer hint for the things ahead.

This argument was made (somewhere) above:

"Would have been nice to see them using proper English and said "an old foe reveals his true face."

Or her, although I can't think of any female SW characters it could be
    ."

So the Dev's would be using proper English in referencing an unknown toon (or gender of toon) as "He" but could actually be a "She".

But in this day and age proper English is considered sexist, and if the Devs stated the "old foe" as male/he then it is most likely a male toon, not female.

Make sense?

aah okay
  • Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Old foe: that trash talking Hutt from the beginning of the game.

True face:. It's Jabba

Plot twist: the game has actually been taking place in Jabba's palace the whole time. Camera angle changes to show Han Solo in carbonite on the wall.

This is my new favorite theory.

Why do I get the feeling you two are standing in the corner dressed up as a pair of Ubese bounty hunters???
  • Options
    Metal legs Maul?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    Foe-some one deadly to you. Revels face-watches have Faces it's someone from DEATH WATCH!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TugBoat wrote: »
    Foe-some one deadly to you. Revels face-watches have Faces it's someone from DEATH WATCH!!!!!!!

Vizla
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I would bet on « Agent Kallus » with the empire tag and having synergies with Saxon and the other mandalorian traitor! (Edit : and Thrawn obviously)
  • Options
    I doubt it. My vote was 100% on maskless Kylo from TLJ.

But with the release of KOTOR on XBOne - it could be a toon like Revan. But that would be just too good to be true.

Thing is, I doubt they'd reskin a character (e.g. fulcrum and palps are reskins of jedi tano and sidious, respectively) unless there was some drastic change to their abilities AND appearance, not just one of them. Rey reskin makes perfect sense because she gains force powers and a new weapon, Kylo simply loses a mask and wears slightly different robes but I doubt he'll gain new abilities, so a maskless kylo wouldn't make much sense as far as game design is concerned, in my opinion.
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • Options
    Clone Trooper
  • Options
    Pretty certain Revan Tie In w/ XBOX One release of KOTOR. He is an old Foe and reveals his true face throughout TOR series including MMO. He also can walk Sith/Jedi path
  • Options
    Youre all wrong lol
This discussion has been closed.