Don't Hate Me for this Opinion

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Drew102379 wrote: »
    This game is so **** trash, four-star Kylo Ren beats all of my seven star Jedis **** this game

Stop throwing sizzles at a rock.....or use Aayla Secura.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Drew102379 wrote: »
    This game is so **** trash, four-star Kylo Ren beats all of my seven star Jedis **** this game

Why didn't you get your 4* Kylo at launch with BF2?

Man this thread keeps getting thrown off by random stuff.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    When I think about it, it's a beat for beat repackaging of A New Hope except ...

Actually this is the only part I strongly disagree with. My theory is that it's meant to be a compilation of all three of the OT movies.

Luke and Rey, both orphans from desert planets that are caught up into larger conflicts because each finds a droid carrying crucial and top secret information needed to stop an evil organization. Each is unaware of his/her true heritage, though that heritage will become vitally important in the subsequent film. Each one meets a mentor (Old Ben/Han respectively) who sacrifices himself in the final act for the greater good and to help the hero escape. Oh and each one must duel the arch-villain (Vader in the trench run, Kylo outside SK base) in the midst of their organizations last ditch effort to destroy the spherical super weapon created by an evil space Third Reich . That about cover the major plot points of ANH and TFA?

Remind me how this isn't a beat for beat retelling? There is even a rescue from the superweapon, though this time the parallel is Leia and Rey.

Don't Forget about...
    • Unkar Plutt = Jawas
    • Teedo = Tuskan raiders
    • Maz's Castle = Cantina
    • Sabine Natal = Greedo
    • The rebel bases that the pilots fly off from (look similar)
    • A woman captured and interrogated by a dark side user
    • An escape by said woman from the cell
    • Poe Dameron = Wedge Antilles
    • A political adviser (Hux = Tarkin)
    • The destruction of a planet (or planets) using a laser weapon
    • A hero that attempts to flee the action (Han not wanting to rescue Leia and Finn wanting to flee Takodana)
    • Jakku = Tatooine
    • Escape on Millenium Falcon = Escape on Millenium Falcon
    • Rey = Luke Skywalker
    • A character that uses the force to defeat the antagonists (Luke shooting the missile and Rey pulling the lightsaber towards her)
    • An antagonist who is wounded or beaten, but not defeated
    • Han Solo = Old Ben Kenobi
    • Fleeing of Rey's Parents/ Abandonment = Luke not knowing his father
    • Important Holograms (Leia = Map to Luke)
    • The use of mind control (these are not the droids you are looking for = you will leave this cell with the door open)

Ok, you have to admit some of those are stretches. Unkar Plutt as jawas? Poe as Wedge? Teedo (assuming thats the creature that tries to steal bb8) as tusken raiders? The antagonist is beaten? And “a character uses the force to defeat the antagonist”? This is star wars. People are going to use the force. And who is Sabine Natal?

He meant Bazine Netal.

Yeah, TFA is a soft reboot of ANH... For better or for worse

I still dont know who or what bazine netal is

The weird looking chick from TFA who informed the First Order about BB-8:

bazine-netal_7cc1f5c5.jpeg?region=406%2C0%2C1154%2C648&width=768

Well yeah but if you watch it a 4th time you will ask yourself who puts so much make up on to go to a bar? and a low end bar at that...and she's a spy...so yeah IDK it feels wrong to me...every single detail in the movie just seems off somehow...like it was just added on top of something... like poe shots singlehandedly 14 ties in a spawn of 10 seconds then kills like 4 stortropers on land with pinpoint accuracy, it was an awesome scen, but how is the resistance loosing with such odds? I mean why not just send poe singlehandedly ahead of the invasion to take down the fighters.... everything is shiny but lacks substance...

TLJ spoilers:
    Haha, they do just that in the opening scene. Poe vs. Dreadnought. Good prediction!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    When I think about it, it's a beat for beat repackaging of A New Hope except ...

Actually this is the only part I strongly disagree with. My theory is that it's meant to be a compilation of all three of the OT movies.

Luke and Rey, both orphans from desert planets that are caught up into larger conflicts because each finds a droid carrying crucial and top secret information needed to stop an evil organization. Each is unaware of his/her true heritage, though that heritage will become vitally important in the subsequent film. Each one meets a mentor (Old Ben/Han respectively) who sacrifices himself in the final act for the greater good and to help the hero escape. Oh and each one must duel the arch-villain (Vader in the trench run, Kylo outside SK base) in the midst of their organizations last ditch effort to destroy the spherical super weapon created by an evil space Third Reich . That about cover the major plot points of ANH and TFA?

Remind me how this isn't a beat for beat retelling? There is even a rescue from the superweapon, though this time the parallel is Leia and Rey.

Don't Forget about...
    • Unkar Plutt = Jawas
    • Teedo = Tuskan raiders
    • Maz's Castle = Cantina
    • Sabine Natal = Greedo
    • The rebel bases that the pilots fly off from (look similar)
    • A woman captured and interrogated by a dark side user
    • An escape by said woman from the cell
    • Poe Dameron = Wedge Antilles
    • A political adviser (Hux = Tarkin)
    • The destruction of a planet (or planets) using a laser weapon
    • A hero that attempts to flee the action (Han not wanting to rescue Leia and Finn wanting to flee Takodana)
    • Jakku = Tatooine
    • Escape on Millenium Falcon = Escape on Millenium Falcon
    • Rey = Luke Skywalker
    • A character that uses the force to defeat the antagonists (Luke shooting the missile and Rey pulling the lightsaber towards her)
    • An antagonist who is wounded or beaten, but not defeated
    • Han Solo = Old Ben Kenobi
    • Fleeing of Rey's Parents/ Abandonment = Luke not knowing his father
    • Important Holograms (Leia = Map to Luke)
    • The use of mind control (these are not the droids you are looking for = you will leave this cell with the door open)

Ok, you have to admit some of those are stretches. Unkar Plutt as jawas? Poe as Wedge? Teedo (assuming thats the creature that tries to steal bb8) as tusken raiders? The antagonist is beaten? And “a character uses the force to defeat the antagonist”? This is star wars. People are going to use the force. And who is Sabine Natal?

He meant Bazine Netal.

Yeah, TFA is a soft reboot of ANH... For better or for worse

I still dont know who or what bazine netal is

The weird looking chick from TFA who informed the First Order about BB-8:

bazine-netal_7cc1f5c5.jpeg?region=406%2C0%2C1154%2C648&width=768

Well yeah but if you watch it a 4th time you will ask yourself who puts so much make up on to go to a bar? and a low end bar at that...and she's a spy...so yeah IDK it feels wrong to me...every single detail in the movie just seems off somehow...like it was just added on top of something... like poe shots singlehandedly 14 ties in a spawn of 10 seconds then kills like 4 stortropers on land with pinpoint accuracy, it was an awesome scen, but how is the resistance loosing with such odds? I mean why not just send poe singlehandedly ahead of the invasion to take down the fighters.... everything is shiny but lacks substance...

TLJ spoilers:
    Haha, they do just that in the opening scene. Poe vs. Dreadnought. Good prediction!

More TLJ spoilers.
    And that's nothing compared to what other characters do! See: Leia Poppins.
  • Options
    When you haven’t seen the last Jedi yet