Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    [*] We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.

With All due respect this is the most insane response i have ever seen in my life.

Your point is that, its too much work for an officer to lock a territory at a certain star level, but its not too much work for us to communicate with 50 people and harrass them to remember that it is supposed to be locked, and to log in constantly to ensure everyone is doing as they should and to constantly recalculate whether the star goal is achievable?

Letting officers choose where a phase gets locked lessens our workload it does not increase it. thats like saying driving a car is more complicated than walking so you will save us effort by making us walk everywhere and not use the car you just bought..... SMH

Please reconsider this, your killing us here with your "kindness"

Agreed

• Options
    +50
    Krwind wrote: »
    Truth is that the devs do not understand TB as they aren't involved in the game like we are, or in a guild like we are, in the situation like we are. All they have are our words and they then assume after their internal testing in that these are the solutions we need.

If they truly want to understand what a mess TB is for the officers, they need to just get off their behind join a 70 to 80m GP guild for a month. the amount of insight and clarity gained from doing so will amaze themselves

• Options
    So I guess officers don't have tools this tb?
  • Options
    First, Sparrow nailed it.
    Krwind wrote: »
    Truth is that the devs do not understand TB as they aren't involved in the game like we are, or in a guild like we are, in the situation like we are. All they have are our words and they then assume after their internal testing in that these are the solutions we need.

If they truly want to understand what a mess TB is for the officers, they need to just get off their behind join a 70 to 80m GP guild for a month. the amount of insight and clarity gained from doing so will amaze themselves
    Would be nice if they could, but even talking to those of us who offered to help would have been great. I mean, we do know what we're talking about and we were pretty specific about our requests.
    LORDKAI wrote: »

Nope. Won't come until the GvG update.
  • Options
    LORDKAI wrote: »

Nope. Maybe the devs realized that every single officer ever hates the mandatory 3* lock.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Please don't implement that last thing contribution lock. I enjoy doing the combat missions and sometimes I don't get to until late when my guild may have already 3* everything
  • Options
    I understand that it would be useful for high end guilds but the contribution lock should be optional. End of story.
  • Options
    Is it too late to say I don’t like the contribution lock?

Well I don’t like the contribution lock.
  • Options
    No one, who really likes the game and play it properly, likes the MANDATORY contribution lock.
    No prob if that is optional or even a command that you can activate...but mandatory...no way.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As a coordinating TB officer of a 110 gp, 41 star guild, I totally agree with what most here are saying.

Locking zones at 1 or 2 stars would help immensely, even more so if we could lock individual CMs or deployment areas, thus allowing us to keep only a special mission open in some areas.

Mandatory, automatic participation locks after 3 stars are just plain dumb. They makes no sense, and are representative of lazy programming.

The attempts of the devs to explain these 2 issues, and rationalize them have been comedic at best, patronizing at worst.

Either play the game to the extent that we do, or take our advice about 'tools to make our lives easier'
  • Options
    If they want to have the lock Auto... and save the Officer's "time" and so it ALSO accounts for officers who are busy....

The solution, as presented, is when one location 3*'s it locks - if the other one 3*'s too then they both auto unlock (since further contribution is just for kitten sheets and giggles.) - this would, as a rule, fix it for P1 and P2 where most guilds are 3* easy.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If they want to have the lock Auto... and save the Officer's "time" and so it ALSO accounts for officers who are busy....

The solution, as presented, is when one location 3*'s it locks - if the other one 3*'s too then they both auto unlock (since further contribution is just for kitten sheets and giggles.) - this would, as a rule, fix it for P1 and P2 where most guilds are 3* easy.

True. Or they could just have a lock option on every phase that the officers can turn on and off at will.
    Anything other than the devs FEEL is best.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    • There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed

@CG_Carrie
    @CG_Kozispoon

With all respect, please communicate to the developers that the overwhelming response from the community regarding the '3 Star Contribution Lock' is to make it optional. Please see these numbers:

There have been 142 different individuals participating in this thread. Of those 132, 70 either did not address the Contribution Lock or did not make their opinion on this topic explicitly understood, so I assumed nothing in those instances.

Of the 62 persons who participated in this topic and specifically addressed the issue of the 3* Contribution Lock, 56 (90.3%) expressed disapproval whereas 6 (9.7%) expressed approval.
    • Object to Mandatory 3* Contribution Lock : 90%
    • Approve of Mandatory 3* Contribution Lock: 10%
    The community is clearly overwhelmingly opposed to mandatory 3* Contribution Locks.

Making the 3* Contribution Lock optional could earn the approval of 100% of the player base (those who want it will use it, those who don't will not. Everyone gets to run their guild as they see fit.) Making it mandatory appears to have the approval of 10%.

Meatbag
  • Options
    I think the lock will motivate people to not wait on early phases, still pointless contribution.
    Later phases stop people from wasting toons on phases where no more points are needed.
    And again motivate people to get combat done early.
    I don't see the downfall in preventing people from getting points that serve no purpose and could possibly be wasted.
    Seems win win to me
  • Options
    Numbers guy for a 120m GP guild. We've had two officers quit/switch guilds due to the overhead required and lack of functional management tools.

I concur with the vast majority, the 3* auto-lock but no lock option on 1-2* is exactly opposite of what we need. Everyone knows that 3* is max and won't contribute any more but raising personal stats. It is the same with every phase of every TB now and forever. I could train my Chihuahua to follow this rule. 50 people times what 6 TBs, not a single person has ever made an error on this. 1-2* does however vary and many people have made mistakes on this which potentially causes loss in total stars.

We need:
    -Ability to lock a platoon so people don't waste toons on platoons which are impossible
    -Ability to lock, but not auto-lock, territories at any star level so we don't have to repeatedly spam Discord, Game chat and the chat banner
    -Ability to see who has not participated in combat/deployments so we aren't chasing down 1 random guy we have no idea who it is.

And obviously the daily ticket count. I'm assuming at this point, not fixing it is by choice for whatever reason so we are left with officers doing counts daily and then kicking people so they can rejoin between every TB.

I suspect that decisions are being made from designers which don't actually go through the hell this causes and feedback from a couple select guilds which don't reflect an average guild but rather loaded with ringers that have everything maxed so their needs/goals are much different.
  • Dread
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The auto lock sounds like a bad idea imo, a manual lock would be better.
  • Options
    @sneeekypants says it best with this...

We need:
    -Ability to lock a platoon so people don't waste toons on platoons which are impossible
    -Ability to lock, but not auto-lock, territories at any star level so we don't have to repeatedly spam Discord, Game chat and the chat banner
    -Ability to see who has not participated in combat/deployments so we aren't chasing down 1 random guy we have no idea who it is.

And obviously the daily ticket count.
  • Options
    +1
    This will be very useful to keep track of things.
  • Options
    Numbers guy for a 120m GP guild. We've had two officers quit/switch guilds due to the overhead required and lack of functional management tools.

I concur with the vast majority, the 3* auto-lock but no lock option on 1-2* is exactly opposite of what we need. Everyone knows that 3* is max and won't contribute any more but raising personal stats. It is the same with every phase of every TB now and forever. I could train my Chihuahua to follow this rule. 50 people times what 6 TBs, not a single person has ever made an error on this. 1-2* does however vary and many people have made mistakes on this which potentially causes loss in total stars.

We need:

And obviously the daily ticket count. I'm assuming at this point, not fixing it is by choice for whatever reason so we are left with officers doing counts daily and then kicking people so they can rejoin between every TB.

I suspect that decisions are being made from designers which don't actually go through the hell this causes and feedback from a couple select guilds which don't reflect an average guild but rather loaded with ringers that have everything maxed so their needs/goals are much different.

Couldn’t have said it better myself +1
  • Dread
    152 posts Member
    Options
    With an automated stop, officers will no longer be able to value total combat waves completed as a performance measure, please remove this feature, or allow it to be turned off.
  • Options
    Exactly what we need. +1
  • Options
    Can we get control for raids to set levels, players, or other things i.e. If they have 7 star han they can't jump into a heroic raid until phase 4?
  • Options
    Looks like guilds from a wide range of GP (i.e. approx 70-120m HP) all agree on the counter-productivity of an auto lock at 3* and would require a manual lock at 1-2-3*.

This is crystal clear, now let's see what will be CG's next move.
  • Options
    Turkinaa wrote: »
    Can we get control for raids to set levels, players, or other things i.e. If they have 7 star han they can't jump into a heroic raid until phase 4?

Ehm, No. the Rancor is cleared completely in 10 min by now. Talk to your guild if you want your Top Players to do less damage.
  • Options
    Tyvm, once again instead of giving us a game to play you tell us how to play the game.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    DaFunk wrote: »

We need:

Couldn’t have said it better myself +1

In addition can we show the total guild GP of Characters and ships seperatly?
  • Options
    Can people with ridiculous requests like controlling rancor not clog up this thread. This is about relevant content.
  • Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Can people with ridiculous requests like controlling rancor not clog up this thread. This is about relevant content.

To be fair, using the same tools on raids is relevant to a point.. it shouldn't derail or detract from the topic at hand, but Devs should be aware that we would like the tools to available in all guild controlled activities.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

To be fair, using the same tools on raids is relevant to a point.. it shouldn't derail or detract from the topic at hand, but Devs should be aware that we would like the tools to available in all guild controlled activities.

Dont think a majority of people would like to control raids. If a guild doesnt let me actually play the game just because, lets say, i have a seven star kenobi or han, then id leave that guild in a heartbeat.
    Cause im in this to actually play the content and have fun. So no, locking people out of content is not good.
    Not by the devs, not by anyone. Some guy in tje thread actually wanted the ability to let guys with 7 star hans to only play p4! Yeah cause owning han means we dont need gear
  • Options

Completely disagree, the tools requested for TB are so that guilds/officers can be as successful as possible. The options requested for raids are to just enforce simple rules that are applicable for every raid now and forever. In addition, you can clearly see who the rulebreaker is and deal with them appropriately. Those rules, and tools requested, are specific to your own guild's needs and are not universal in the least bit.

Keep the topic on what the subject and thread is about, don't hijack it for personal needs that aren't applicable to anyone else. Start another thread with the different subject.
This discussion has been closed.