Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    jackstraw wrote: »
    This company desperately needs to start including actual guild leaders in its design decisions- not just youtube personalities with dev accounts.

if you can convince them it's more profitable to develop a good game than overhyping new toons via "yt-personalities", it might happen ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Have all changes been implemented? Including the contribution lock?

Hey CG! NOT A FAN OF THAT, please don't block my ability to play TB just cause I work late and hit TB later than most in my guild just because some people are incapable of deploying properly and making foolish mistakes
  • Options

Hey CG! NOT A FAN OF THAT, please don't block my ability to play TB just cause I work late and hit TB later than most in my guild just because some people are incapable of deploying properly and making foolish mistakes

contributions are useless on territories that guilds lock, but when they announced the feature they said you could ignore the locks (they are advisory only)
  • Options
    I also would like to see X/Y completed in the combat and special mission screens, where Y is the number of missions that they are able to do, and X is the number they have done. For example, in the CLS special, those without CLS would be marked as 0/0, whereas someone with CLS that hasn't attempted the mission would be 0/1.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Gotta love the stealth drop on this update.
    Can you tell us what the deal is @CG_Kozispoon ?

Hiya!
    The bulk of (if not all of) this content is not live. What is live is a placeholder/preview that was implemented in our last content update that is not fully operational. So in short, stuff missing! Said stuff (as well as the rest of the content detailed in @CG_Carrie 's post) will soon follow in our impending Version Update.

Very nice. Do you think you can throw popcorn at the 'powers that be' to put in the entire guild list of names too? I'd love to say I have all 50 names in my guild memorized and can see who's missing on sight... but I don't.
    I think we'd love a red N/A or a big fat red 0, but the classic "--" would be fine too.
    OR... the dreaded red X
    tumblr_mpfruceST61qcuyndo1_500.gif

Nice gif!
    Mind this is not the full version, but a placeholder. I have confirmation that the full Guild listing will be available in the full update, so you'll see contributions along with your zero's.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

contributions are useless on territories that guilds lock, but when they announced the feature they said you could ignore the locks (they are advisory only)

That is not accurate. They said when a territory is 3*, everything but platoons and SM's will be locked. So deployment and CM's would be locked.
  • Options

Hiya!
    The bulk of (if not all of) this content is not live. What is live is a placeholder/preview that was implemented in our last content update that is not fully operational. So in short, stuff missing! Said stuff (as well as the rest of the content detailed in @CG_Carrie 's post) will soon follow in our impending Version Update.

Very nice. Do you think you can throw popcorn at the 'powers that be' to put in the entire guild list of names too? I'd love to say I have all 50 names in my guild memorized and can see who's missing on sight... but I don't.
    I think we'd love a red N/A or a big fat red 0, but the classic "--" would be fine too.
    OR... the dreaded red X

Nice gif!
    Mind this is not the full version, but a placeholder. I have confirmation that the full Guild listing will be available in the full update, so you'll see contributions along with your zero's.

Excellent! Now about locking territories at 3*....
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I also would like to see X/Y completed in the combat and special mission screens, where Y is the number of missions that they are able to do, and X is the number they have done. For example, in the CLS special, those without CLS would be marked as 0/0, whereas someone with CLS that hasn't attempted the mission would be 0/1.

That's a fantastic idea, in addition to OPs excellent idea.
  • Kozispoon
    Options

Hiya!
    The bulk of (if not all of) this content is not live. This includes features to Territory Battle Tracking. What is live is a placeholder/preview that was implemented in our last content update that is not fully operational. So in short, stuff missing! Said stuff (as well as the rest of the content detailed in @CG_Carrie 's post) will soon follow in our impending Version Update.
  • Options
    This company desperately needs to start including actual guild leaders in its design decisions- not just youtube personalities with dev accounts.
    Nope not one of u didn't realize that it wasn't finished yet I kinda figured that and just read it.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Post edited by Winstar on
  • Options
    Good start, looking forward to final versions. This has probably already been mentioned, but some suggestions:
    • Tabs in the "Stats" window. To scroll through every category in Stats requires what, 50 taps? My finger hurts. Separate these into tabs similar to the Store/Shipments window. Suggest categories of 1) Territory Points, 2) GP Deployed, 3) Combat Missions, 4) Special Missions, 5) Platoon Units, 6) Combat Waves Completed.
    • In each tab, list player contributions in seven categories: Total, Phase 1, Phase 2, ... Phase 6.
    • Horizontal scroll bar to scroll through the seven categories to reduce the incessant tapping.
    • Show ratio completed. Example: waves completed 5/6; or combat missions 2/3; or special missions 1/1.
    • Show players with zero scores.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »

good idea, a bit more refined than the most basic use case request. fwiw that info (whether or not somebody can actually complete a mission) is at least available to be mined in an automated way through third party sources. there are some great spreadsheets set up out there- message me if you want any more details I'm afraid posting a discord link might get me banned these days. it's really the little things that irk us the most- the bugs and omissions that require extensive amounts of tedious data mining for guild leaders (the fact that the daily raid ticket counter has never worked, the fact that we still have to manually mine TB participation data to figure out who needs a kick in the rear on any given phase)
  • Options
    Nope not one of u didn't realize that it wasn't finished yet I kinda figured that and just read it.

How are we supposed to gather that the Stat screens aren't finished yet? They're in the game, they're showing data. The screen shots on the cited thread show 0s suggesting that the 0s were eventually removed (presumably because someone who doesn't manage a serious guild couldn't find a use case for displaying them). A year and a half ago some people assumed the "daily raid ticket" counter wasn't finished yet....
  • Options
    That is not accurate. They said when a territory is 3*, everything but platoons and SM's will be locked. So deployment and CM's would be locked.

^I could be wrong but this seems to be an optional tool to be used at the discretion of the guild leaders. From someone who runs TB for an active guild this feature would be a great help to keep people from making wasteful moves when there are still more important goals to be met in other phases. If you don't like that your guild does this it's time to find a guild who is either more comfortably earning stars that they don't have to do this or that simply doesn't care about efficiently managing deployments.

"Missions can be prohibited. A Guild member can still choose to participate, but receives a warning message that they are participating in a mission that the guild leader has prohibited them from doing and must choose to willingly disobey orders. Players that disobey orders will be tracked in stats under a new leaderboard called "Rogue Actions""

"Contribution Max Lock: Once a territory has reached 3 stars in Territory Battles, players will no longer be able to participate in the deploy and combat missions on that territory. This has been a frequent ask to prevent players from accidentally wasting their potential contribution. Platoon Missions and Special Missions will still be available."
  • Options
    Easy look think not that hard. U are the one that infered people are not capable of doing there job. What I have noticed from this game is that if something new is added they tend to tell u when they are completely done w adding it. They were showing incomplete data not hard to discern or even ask a question about it before this:
    "jackstraw;c-1344629"]This company desperately needs to start including actual guild leaders in its design decisions- not just youtube personalities with dev accounts.[/quote]

• Options
    I wasn't aware that CG was including Youtube personalities in their design decisions. Last I knew they just let them have advance access to stuff that they could then show us. They don't have them sit down at their design meetings and let them make decisions. Of course they can give feedback to the DEVs, but so can we via this forum, Reddit, or anywhere else that the DEVs read (and they do read these forums -- that's part of the job of Kozi's team, to keep them updated on the community's concerns).
  • Options

Hiya!

OR... the dreaded red X

Nice gif!

@CG_Kozispoon Will the automatic 3* lock still happen?
    If no, I would announce this info ASAP, and take the heat off your back.
    If yes, I would change your mind since this thread is obvious that every officer hates this idea. Then announce that you're changing your mind, and take the heat off your back :wink:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Morning and happy Monday folks!

Thank you for all your helpful replies, feedback, and discussion regarding what we have in store for Territory Wars going forward. Noting feedback of time commitments, we wanted to expand on a couple points:
    • There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed.
    • Even though a territory can be locked, Platoon Missions and Special Missions will still be available to Guild members.
    • Locking a territory at 3 stars provides guilds a clearer picture of effective contributions vs general engagement. It does so by limiting a player’s ability to climb stat leaderboards after a territory is already completed.
    • We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.
    • Dedicating Guild member deployments solely to officers would again drive up time commitment of officers exponentially. Territory battles is intended to reward the efforts of all Guild members and we’ll continue looking for ways to reward and enhance guild wide efforts.
    • The Focus and Prohibit tools will also work on Deployment

The guild leaderboard has no value but it exists
  • Options
    The new stat lists are nice, but what's really needed is to see the 0 scores and see who's not participating.
  • Options
    Morning and happy Monday folks!

Thank you for all your helpful replies, feedback, and discussion regarding what we have in store for Territory Wars going forward. Noting feedback of time commitments, we wanted to expand on a couple points:
    • There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed.
    • Even though a territory can be locked, Platoon Missions and Special Missions will still be available to Guild members.
    • Locking a territory at 3 stars provides guilds a clearer picture of effective contributions vs general engagement. It does so by limiting a player’s ability to climb stat leaderboards after a territory is already completed.
    • We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.
    • Dedicating Guild member deployments solely to officers would again drive up time commitment of officers exponentially. Territory battles is intended to reward the efforts of all Guild members and we’ll continue looking for ways to reward and enhance guild wide efforts.
    • The Focus and Prohibit tools will also work on Deployment

What about the special mission phases? That still holds value. Possibly I missed that in the long response
  • Options
    With the announcement of TW (Territory Wars) I am hopeful that the tools to manage these things comes out BEFORE we introduce a new mode. I am not debating on the new mode being good, bad, or indifferent. I am just looking for the tools to better manage what's in place because I find myself managing these modes more than I have ever done so in the past. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but some tools to make it easier would be a welcome addition.

If I could offer a suggestion @CG_Kozispoon I think it would be would be a GREAT tool to allow guild leaders/officers the ability to send CUSTOM push notifications to members. Putting it through the Disney filter is fine by me but the ability to send a push notification to a member, as an example, "Hey NewGuy please go to X link for Discord" would greatly help. Or some type of PM system to members (with READ receipts) within the game would go a long way to making communication easier. A way to mass PM members would be great too but I'll take baby steps and ask for anything that makes it easier to reach out and communicate with a member(s) would be worth its weight in gold.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    With the announcement of TW (Territory Wars) I am hopeful that the tools to manage these things comes out BEFORE we introduce a new mode. I am not debating on the new mode being good, bad, or indifferent. I am just looking for the tools to better manage what's in place because I find myself managing these modes more than I have ever done so in the past. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but some tools to make it easier would be a welcome addition.

If I could offer a suggestion @CG_Kozispoon I think it would be would be a GREAT tool to allow guild leaders/officers the ability to send CUSTOM push notifications to members. Putting it through the Disney filter is fine by me but the ability to send a push notification to a member, as an example, "Hey NewGuy please go to X link for Discord" would greatly help. Or some type of PM system to members (with READ receipts) within the game would go a long way to making communication easier. A way to mass PM members would be great too but I'll take baby steps and ask for anything that makes it easier to reach out and communicate with a member(s) would be worth its weight in gold.

Completely agree, I’m a guild leader as well and would love to see these tools implemented as soon as possible. These tools that you’ve described in your post Kozi seem super helpful and are just the thing we need! Please make this a priority!
  • Options
    Wouldn’t the special missions still hold value after a 3*? This thread is too long and to search through to see if this question has been asked and the dev tracker doesn’t show an answer so apologies if this has been done
  • Options

Hiya!

OR... the dreaded red X

Nice gif!

Sweet, then it's perfect!! I know I'm a minority on this thread, but I'm super green on all the changes as they are
    giphy.gif
    This is a boon for guilds like mine.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    The phase block after 3 stars is à good Idea but should not be auto but manual..... So se can open it again when everything else is completed

Overal , i' m really pleased and cant wait for the update . But when? 1 month? 5? 2 years? Please just give us an average ;)
    Oh and yeah..... Frozing phase should be priorized over theses addons
  • Kozispoon
    Options

Sweet, then it's perfect!! I know I'm a minority on this thread, but I'm super green on all the changes as they are
    giphy.gif
    This is a boon for guilds like mine.

Like emerald green? Forest green? Any kinda green?

• Options
    I just want to repeat it, since it appears it hasn't been heard yet: mandatory 3-star lock is a really bad idea.

It's totally counterproductive as the safe way to ensure a high personal result is to rush to the missions, which is usually worse for the guild. The people who don't understand or care about the team won't become good players just because they're prohibited from doing one of the many bad things they can do.

What we *do* need, if anything, as many has stated already, is a totally optional officer lock at any stage in any territory.

But most of all, we need to be able to see who did what. And, even more importantly, as many has stated, who did _not_ do what.
  • Options
    How about instead of releasing new tools for guild leaders you fix current issues like peoples TB mission freezing and not getting a victory screen?
  • Options
    Probably won't though right? Guess that's not really a priority now is it... Game working properly? Naaaaah
This discussion has been closed.