Replies

• Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    Davius wrote: »
    Davius wrote: »

also, it's your fault for not having Phoenix ready. They are needed in events, have a TB CM for themselves, can unlock Thrawn and are (with zetas) arena material.

what is the point in even saying its all my fault? It is impossiple for it not to be my fault. And i never have the chance to put phoenix in TB character slots as literally everyone in my 40 man guild has phoenix unlock. And from what i can see and experienced they aren't great in hight level PVP. I steam roll phoenix 9 times out of ten and in my shard like one person is the the top 50 every once in a while. so im not going to focus on them for arena and i'll just stick with my better rebels.

lol you just nailed it, 40 man guild.

40. really? Not even full...

also Phoenix has a Combat Mission node in Phase 5 or is your guild unable to hit there?

We get at least 1 star on every part of the battle. And like i said im not going to shift all my farming just so i can take part in one TB battle. This is the reason i didn't bother farming for thrawn the first time. There were more important people to be farmed. The only reason i even want thrawn now is to make the 7 star r2 tier easier. And even then im willing to wait for the next thrawn event after this one when i hopefully unlock him. and slowly farm the rest of the shards to seven star all of phoenix. Because same reason there are more important people to farm. My plan for legendary characters has never been "i have to unlock them when the very moment the event comes out" and im content to wait until the second time the event comes around for me or wven the third.

thats a long farm for R2, but it makes sense in a round-about kind of way. Especially if you're not close to getting R2.
    *edited to fix quote
    I have R2 unlock at 5* and he works great with my arena team. With him i now finish around
    1,500 to 1,000 and i am more than content with that ranking. Im just not worried about hitting top 50 right here right now. Im sure most meta character will still be very useful down the line in arena or raids or GW.

sorry, i should have specified that I was referring to 7* R2. Your approach sounds solid for where you are in terms of game progression. I highly recommend farming deathtrooper for the T7 R2 battle; his double tap stun is so very clutch against those rebels...
    Would if i could but im only lvl 80 and i don't want to spend the crystals to unlock DT 3 levels before i can star farming him. He is on my priority list as he and shoretrooper work great with under veers and if mother talzin becomes meta veers teams should be a good counter to NS.

just wait til you feel the zeta crunch, you wont even care who is 'meta' lol
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    That's a silly statement to make without knowing how long the person before you has been playing.
    The game suffers a lot from not having decent catch up mechanics, so you can't just flat out say "you should have farmed this a long time ago", or "save your crystals". People who have been playing for half a year or less simply don't have that luxury.
    And new people that can't immediately grasp everything and end up in the lower part of the arena, have it the worst of all, they can never catch up and are doomed forever.

You don't have to grasp anything immadiately. That's simple. But if you are smart enough and seeing movie is coming, you should've farmed those characters.
    You missed the point entirely. I as a person who has played since june of this year have been farming for arena teams as i have changed my teams entirely about 3 times. I have to farm arena ships, raid teams and teams for the event characters. Its been a non stop farm for me and still don't have 1/4 of the high level meta characters. So your argument of well they were there from day one is pretty useless and only applies to people who have been around for a while. OP has a point that you can't just say well should have done this because they were there since day one.

• Options
    Bosssk wrote: »
    At this point it's almost guaranteed that BB8, Finn, sRey, Vet chewie and Vet Han will be the characters needed for new Rey...

This means BB8 is most likely gonna make an emergency comeback similar to R2s 1st come back. At the same time Vet chewie and Vet Han will make their appearance into some farming location... something tells me that won't be GW... most likely both will be in cantina nodes or one in cantina nodes and one in cantina store. Another possibility is that they both might make it to arena shop in order to help out older players who might have saved up currency, as the game frequently seems to favour them over newer players who seem like the black sheep...

20 dollar packs will most likely appear to gey your FO shards and vet chew, han, rey and finn shards.

Rey is most likely gonna have an overpowered kit similar to CLS making it really tempting to put your hands deep in your pockets... meanwhile those who can't afford to pay will fall even further behind in arena, raid, TB, while their galactic war will get even more difficult to beat now that rey will join the gold CLS, R2, Han, Kenobi teams. Easy 8 zeta team right there...

BTW i don't know who thinks that we could realistically farm FO ST in such a short notice, cause I'm certain we'll need a 7 star BB8. Along with 7 star everything to get Rey...

This will result in a very small amount of players, whales and people who were here since launch getting Rey. The rest of us will simply spend the next 4 months farming all the required toons to get Rey the second time.

Of course by then another powerful legendary will arrive in the game and we'll have to farm some more toons for it. Then there will be those people who will say once more "well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago", forgetting that farming had become extremely serial lately... we are being forced in a very strict and specific farming pattern that simply cannot be diversified because every useful character requires a specific squad to be unlocked which contains characters that they themselves are products of legendary events...

My question after all of this is: When do we finally catch our breath???

Well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago.... First order and resistance toons have been farmable since Dec 2015. Stop crying. And you still have time. Save your tokens and crystals. That's all you gotta do

Is this a troll? Ever heard of priorities, ever heard of rebels, empire, jedi, sith... You are acting like there's infinite time and resources when in reality this game is all about management...

If you don't have resistance by now then I agree it's silly and your fault, however FO never made sense to farm...

1.They aren't great in any raids, with minor exceptions the squad isn't good in raids, and where they might be good, other squads are infinitely better, so you'd be a fool not to go with the superior choice. Zader-CLS for rancor, Rebels, Droids, Resistance, Ewoks, Jedi for tank, all better options than FO.

2. Have never been meta or counter to meta kn arena. From dodge dooku, ben to rebels to sith to hybrid cleanse teams, FO has never been a good arena team or arena counter team.

3. Useless for TB. This is where resistance comes into play. Resistance made sense yo farm due to them being LS for TB, also R1 and phoenix seemed a much more reasonable choice after farming resistance as they are both useful in TB but FO isn't.

4. Not good for Galactic war, although GW is secondary if they were remotely good at it you could make a case for them but since resistance domimates GW you hit 2 birds with one stone, actually 3 cause resistance rocks in tank raid. Same with hard nodes and cantina nodes.

5. Their reworks didn't make them much better than what they were. When word came out that they were being reworked some people couod have thought about farming them however their reworks didn't make a big impact, they still **** in all areas of the game that I mentioned above.

Sure kylo's zeta was awesome and most people got him for that, sure phasma is decent and usuful(somewhat) in raids and since GW is easy many people have her. You can even make the claim for Pilot who hits hard but had no sunergy with any meta teams. But what about FO ST? He's useless and only farmable through hard nodes. That's reason enough not to get him...

You need to get your troll opinion outa here, your argument is not realistic, FO never made sense to farm and yes I did consider farming them after resistance for the new movie, however don't forget all the distractions we had this year.

From the meta shifting from rebels to Sith, we had to farm sith, then thrawn and r2 come out, we had to farm empire and Phoenix. Then CLS comes out, we have to farm Ben and farmer Luke, then TB comes out, we gotta farm chs, and hoth brothers. Where do you find room in all of this madness to farm FO who are literally useless and weak???
  • Options
    At this point it's almost guaranteed that BB8, Finn, sRey, Vet chewie and Vet Han will be the characters needed for new Rey...

This means BB8 is most likely gonna make an emergency comeback similar to R2s 1st come back. At the same time Vet chewie and Vet Han will make their appearance into some farming location... something tells me that won't be GW... most likely both will be in cantina nodes or one in cantina nodes and one in cantina store. Another possibility is that they both might make it to arena shop in order to help out older players who might have saved up currency, as the game frequently seems to favour them over newer players who seem like the black sheep...

20 dollar packs will most likely appear to gey your FO shards and vet chew, han, rey and finn shards.

Rey is most likely gonna have an overpowered kit similar to CLS making it really tempting to put your hands deep in your pockets... meanwhile those who can't afford to pay will fall even further behind in arena, raid, TB, while their galactic war will get even more difficult to beat now that rey will join the gold CLS, R2, Han, Kenobi teams. Easy 8 zeta team right there...

BTW i don't know who thinks that we could realistically farm FO ST in such a short notice, cause I'm certain we'll need a 7 star BB8. Along with 7 star everything to get Rey...

This will result in a very small amount of players, whales and people who were here since launch getting Rey. The rest of us will simply spend the next 4 months farming all the required toons to get Rey the second time.

Of course by then another powerful legendary will arrive in the game and we'll have to farm some more toons for it. Then there will be those people who will say once more "well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago", forgetting that farming had become extremely serial lately... we are being forced in a very strict and specific farming pattern that simply cannot be diversified because every useful character requires a specific squad to be unlocked which contains characters that they themselves are products of legendary events...

Well you should've farmed those characters a long time ago.... First order and resistance toons have been farmable since Dec 2015. Stop crying. And you still have time. Save your tokens and crystals. That's all you gotta do

Is this a troll? Ever heard of priorities, ever heard of rebels, empire, jedi, sith... You are acting like there's infinite time and resources when in reality this game is all about management...

If you don't have resistance by now then I agree it's silly and your fault, however FO never made sense to farm...

1.They aren't great in any raids, with minor exceptions the squad isn't good in raids, and where they might be good, other squads are infinitely better, so you'd be a fool not to go with the superior choice. Zader-CLS for rancor, Rebels, Droids, Resistance, Ewoks, Jedi for tank, all better options than FO.

2. Have never been meta or counter to meta kn arena. From dodge dooku, ben to rebels to sith to hybrid cleanse teams, FO has never been a good arena team or arena counter team.

3. Useless for TB. This is where resistance comes into play. Resistance made sense yo farm due to them being LS for TB, also R1 and phoenix seemed a much more reasonable choice after farming resistance as they are both useful in TB but FO isn't.

4. Not good for Galactic war, although GW is secondary if they were remotely good at it you could make a case for them but since resistance domimates GW you hit 2 birds with one stone, actually 3 cause resistance rocks in tank raid. Same with hard nodes and cantina nodes.

5. Their reworks didn't make them much better than what they were. When word came out that they were being reworked some people couod have thought about farming them however their reworks didn't make a big impact, they still **** in all areas of the game that I mentioned above.

Sure kylo's zeta was awesome and most people got him for that, sure phasma is decent and usuful(somewhat) in raids and since GW is easy many people have her. You can even make the claim for Pilot who hits hard but had no sunergy with any meta teams. But what about FO ST? He's useless and only farmable through hard nodes. That's reason enough not to get him...

You need to get your troll opinion outa here, your argument is not realistic, FO never made sense to farm and yes I did consider farming them after resistance for the new movie, however don't forget all the distractions we had this year.

From the meta shifting from rebels to Sith, we had to farm sith, then thrawn and r2 come out, we had to farm empire and Phoenix. Then CLS comes out, we have to farm Ben and farmer Luke, then TB comes out, we gotta farm chs, and hoth brothers. Where do you find room in all of this madness to farm FO who are literally useless and weak???

Ohh and don't forget famring ships for zetas
  • Options
    That's a silly statement to make without knowing how long the person before you has been playing.
    The game suffers a lot from not having decent catch up mechanics, so you can't just flat out say "you should have farmed this a long time ago", or "save your crystals". People who have been playing for half a year or less simply don't have that luxury.
    And new people that can't immediately grasp everything and end up in the lower part of the arena, have it the worst of all, they can never catch up and are doomed forever.

He is trolling dude, he knows what's up. He is just lucky to have played a long time and he has surplus of resources to farm whatever he wants and now wants to make us feel bad cause he can... nothing to see here
  • Options

Ohh and don't forget famring ships for zetas
    +1. I agree completely.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the new panic farm business model. CG is dictating the what players should farm rather than leaving it up to the player's prerogative by way of how OP those toons are, the requirements and time frames of both farming and frequency of the events.

So instead of farming what you want, you have to prepare for the next critical toon that has X requirements and you have to get otherwise wait for X unknown months. I've resorted to just farming gear, credits and shards of what the rumor mills churns out and hope the unsubstantiated rumors were right.

Panic farming is the most effective method to get people to spend money. I get it this ain't charity however some of these requirements are unreasonable. There's no possible way to gey FO stormtrooper fast, it's just not doable. One week notice and one week for the event, that's 2 weeks and then you gotta wait like 4 months... also don't forget the heroes journey model, it's 7 star activation meaning no 5 star or 6 star toons, they all have to be 7 stars... how is that reasonable, it's not like then won't make money with 5 star unlock by people who want the 7th star to do raids...
  • Options

Arena shards are populated based on when you started playing. Newer players are only competing against other newer players in arena, so your final point is baseless.

Secondly, not every event is meant to be completed by every player - or at least not for maximum rewards.

The OP is clearly a newer player - his not-so-subtle shot about everything favoring veteran players makes that obvious. His complaints about "those who can't afford to pay" also suggests he plans on spending no money to support the game (or at least to participate in this event). So he has spent little time playing and no money....but expects to be able to have the same rewards as those who have either been playing much longer, or who have spent money...or both.

I think the second poster was merely pointing out the entitlement.

You suggest the game lacks a "catch up mechanic". Since new players don't directly compete with veteran players in shard or fleet arena, why the strong need for a "catch up mechanic"? When you play as longc as someone else, you'll be able to have the same type of deep, diverse roster. Besides, there is a very simple catch up mechanism - money.

I'm not sure what the problem is. And why people who just started playing expect to have things that people who have been playing for years have. And why they even feel the need, since the two don't directly compete anyway.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

You counted all tram. Zylo for AAT phase 1.pilot is for ships. Phasma was meta lead a long time ago. Foo is good in rancor. Before Cls I was using him. The only character you need is Fost. Just stop crying. They are f2p. Everyone talks about Rebels tv show and phoenix and kallus and thrawn and etc. But nobody talks about movie farming. Movie is comin. You knew that and you had to get ready. If you missed the meta, get ready for the next one. This is how game works. Save your zetas. Omegas. And wait for the next meta with patient. But all you are doing is crying.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You know it's not a true Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes event without the now traditional epic-panic-farm-critique thread.

Thank you.

take-my-bitcoin.jpg
  • Options

You don't have to grasp anything immadiately. That's simple. But if you are smart enough and seeing movie is coming, you should've farmed those characters.
    You missed the point entirely. I as a person who has played since june of this year have been farming for arena teams as i have changed my teams entirely about 3 times. I have to farm arena ships, raid teams and teams for the event characters. Its been a non stop farm for me and still don't have 1/4 of the high level meta characters. So your argument of well they were there from day one is pretty useless and only applies to people who have been around for a while. OP has a point that you can't just say well should have done this because they were there since day one.

And the problem is that older players who have been here from the begining already have a ton on advantages.

1. They have maxed most store characters having the ability to save their currency for either spare shards for gear, credits, ability mats or future characters, while new players still gotta farm those toons.
    2. Thy
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Arena shards are populated based on when you started playing. Newer players are only competing against other newer players in arena, so your final point is baseless.

Secondly, not every event is meant to be completed by every player - or at least not for maximum rewards.

The OP is clearly a newer player - his not-so-subtle shot about everything favoring veteran players makes that obvious. His complaints about "those who can't afford to pay" also suggests he plans on spending no money to support the game (or at least to participate in this event). So he has spent little time playing and no money....but expects to be able to have the same rewards as those who have either been playing much longer, or who have spent money...or both.

You suggest the game lacks a "catch up mechanic". Since new players don't directly compete with veteran players in shard or fleet arena, why the strong need for a "catch up mechanic"? When you play as longc as someone else, you'll be able to have the same type of deep, diverse roster. Besides, there is a very simple catch up mechanism - money.

I'm not sure what the problem is. And why people who just started playing expect to have things that people who have been playing for years have. And why they even feel the need, since the two don't directly compete anyway.

Ever heard of raids? I can tell you I compete in raids with people who have played for over a year prior to me who have multiple squads maxed out. Wanna talk about how BB8 made anyone with a basic resistance team a p2 and p4 God? People in my guild whose resistance couldn't pull over 2 mil due to poor mods can now do 10 mil easy in p2. Meanwhile those of us who invested heavily in resistance but didn't have FO have to struggle and can't keep up those BB8 owners..

What about GW, the fact that we belong in newer shards doesn't seem to prevent CLS g12 teams poping every night in out 12th node. I've had the same team for the past week show up in my 12th node. All g12, CLS lead with 3 zetas, R2 with 2 zetas, Raid Han 1 zeta, Thrawn 1 zeta, kenobi. Everyone 7 star g 12, 7 zetas combined and with tons of speed...

So do you wanna take that back about who we compete with? I'm not even gonna mention whales, I got folks in my shard who have locked down top 10 with over 2.5 million GP, the got more gold in their account than the federal reserve. I'm not expecting to beat whales, however they should be approachable on offence in arena but they ain't.

Say what you wanna say but don't tell me who I compete with, I know people in older shards than mine who I could beat in a heartbeat!

• Options

And the problem is that older players who have been here from the begining already have a ton on advantages.

1. They have maxed most store characters having the ability to save their currency for either spare shards for gear, credits, ability mats or future characters, while new players still gotta farm those toons.
    2. Thy

Ever heard of raids? I can tell you I compete in raids with people who have played for over a year prior to me who have multiple squads maxed out. Wanna talk about how BB8 made anyone with a basic resistance team a p2 and p4 God? People in my guild whose resistance couldn't pull over 2 mil due to poor mods can now do 10 mil easy in p2. Meanwhile those of us who invested heavily in resistance but didn't have FO have to struggle and can't keep up those BB8 owners..

What about GW, the fact that we belong in newer shards doesn't seem to prevent CLS g12 teams poping every night in out 12th node. I've had the same team for the past week show up in my 12th node. All g12, CLS lead with 3 zetas, R2 with 2 zetas, Raid Han 1 zeta, Thrawn 1 zeta, kenobi. Everyone 7 star g 12, 7 zetas combined and with tons of speed...

So do you wanna take that back about who we compete with? I'm not even gonna mention whales, I got folks in my shard who have locked down top 10 with over 2.5 million GP, the got more gold in their account than the federal reserve. I'm not expecting to beat whales, however they should be approachable on offence in arena but they ain't.

Say what you wanna say but don't tell me who I compete with, I know people in older shards than mine who I could beat in a heartbeat!

You might want to check your entitlement container...it's clearly full. While you're at it, check the sodium levels as well - those are through the roof as well. May the force be with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    You know it's not a true Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes event without the now traditional epic-panic-farm-critique thread.

Thank you.

take-my-bitcoin.jpg

You know it's not a true Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes event without the whale coming here to tell us how we should suck it up and let the whales enjoy their whaling... you know just because you can buy everything you want it doesn't make you smarter than anyone. You have that "chill" attitude because you never jad to grind for anything or being told that you can't have something because your pockets ain't deep enough.

You know the most ridiculous and hypocritical argument i hear is that games are for fun and you should not stress about it just have fun. However they fail to recognize that being locked out of content and characters that provide fun is basically defying your previous argument. I never said I wanted characters for free, but you can't put a 500 dollar price tag on a toon and expect everyone to be ok with it.

I got a person from my guild who basically told me he spend over 1000 dollars to get thrawn to 7 stars the first time he showed. Between leveling phoenix and gearing enough to beat the event. And he had no reason to lie about how much he spent. Now I wanna know if that's reasonable...
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    as a june player myself i can only describe this complete thread with one word:

KITTEN!!!!!!!!1
  • Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

You counted all tram. Zylo for AAT phase 1.pilot is for ships. Phasma was meta lead a long time ago. Foo is good in rancor. Before Cls I was using him. The only character you need is Fost. Just stop crying. They are f2p. Everyone talks about Rebels tv show and phoenix and kallus and thrawn and etc. But nobody talks about movie farming. Movie is comin. You knew that and you had to get ready. If you missed the meta, get ready for the next one. This is how game works. Save your zetas. Omegas. And wait for the next meta with patient. But all you are doing is crying.
    FOST and FOTP most certainly are NOT f2p with all the refreshes you need to use (yes i know FOTP will pop up in fleet shipments sometimes but most the time i check he is very rare) and keep in mind that hard node battle until recently only gave you 3 attemps. I never bothered with either of those characters because just as OP said why use them when there are better characters and better squads. And before anyone says im new and don't deserve the new characters right away just know that even now that i know about the new rey im no farming FO to unlock BB8 whi will probably be needed for her and im not going to increase the rate at which i farm resistance. I don't care to have rey what so ever but i still recognize the problem with all the recent panic farming.
  • Options

2. Thy

You might want to check your entitlement container...it's clearly full. While you're at it, check the sodium levels as well - those are through the roof as well. May the force be with you.

It's not entitlement or saltiness, it's simply the lust for a fair and even playground upon which I can compete on even terms with other people. As well as trying to enjoy the same benefits and content. I'm not expecting to experience the game the same as a whale, but your seniority should mean nothing!.

Also why is it that whever people run out of arguments they call you names and try to distract you from the fact that they have nothing to counter you with.

I wanna know if my answer about my GW being constantly g12 CLS teams with 7 zetas is enough to convince you...
  • Options
    It is clear that the developers need to learn more about the Star Wars story, some events requirements are just a mess. What do the Nightsister have in common with Luke and the Rebels? Actually General Griveous dizimated the Sisters after Counter Dooku ordered it.Just my 2ct
  • Options
    Everyday I want to curse EA/CG our for this game. Then I simply tell myself: “You don’t have to play it.”
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

FOST and FOTP most certainly are NOT f2p with all the refreshes you need to use. Keep in mind that hard node battle until recently only gave you 3 attemps. I never bothered with either of those characters because just as OP said why use them when there are better characters and better squads. And before anyone says im new and don't deserve the new characters right away just know that even now that i know about the new rey im no farming FO to unlock BB8 whi will probably be needed for her and im not going to increase the rate at which i farm resistance. I don't care to have rey what so ever but i still recognize the problem with all the recent panic farming.

Yeah people have the memory of a goldfish. Ty for this, FO pilot was not in fleet store until very recently dispite having a ship from the start. 2. His ship wasn't all that meta defining to even have to divert my attention to farm him.

We've only had 3 attempts on hard nodes until recently and with 3 attempts you are lucky to get more than one shard a day. That's nearly a year long farm to 7 stars!

Also people who try to convince you that FO made sense to farm are simply trolls. Tell me one time FO would beat a meta team, tell me one time FO could outdps any top rsid team in either raid... apart from kylo and phase who most of us have, no FO was ever a better choice to farm over others. I got right before his zeta solo p1 haat was nerfed and didn't even bother to zeta him, I swear I haven't used him anywhere in the game. He's in my garbage pile along with toons like jedi consular, competely useless!
  • Options
    Everyday I want to curse EA/CG our for this game. Then I simply tell myself: “You don’t have to play it.”

Except rights are reseved and this game has no competition. It would be great to have another game of similar kind with star wars theme, would see the true way of free market capitalsm, not this crony system. We don't care about CG or EA, we just love star wars mate
  • Options
    Is there a set date for BB8 event ? is there a real reaoson for this panic ? and how hard was the fight ?let me clarify, can a g8 FO team with out kylo zeta beat 7* phase ? i started farmin FO when BB8 first came, and they are almost ready, i mean 15 tries for first order storm trroper + i bought fotp only from fleet shop i think i can be ready in 15 days
  • Options
    Wow stop complaining that there is too much content. Its more stuff to do on the long term, dont worry, many wont have Rey this time around if it requires the vets and BB-8.

You were NEVER meant to be able to unlock everything the first time it comes around nor even surely the second time. Its just content that is offered on the long term.

Therefore, YOU HAVE TO MAKE CHOICES, you need to prioritize. No good team for raids ? Its fine your team can carry for a time. Not good enough with ships ? Take two weeks to up them. You really want thrawn but rey is coming ? Well let go of the "meta" a bit ans have your favorite blue mate.
    Personnaly I wont even consider rey right now. i have commited to farm the NS and i'll stick to that, and I couldnt care less that I wont have rey this time, because im pretty sure my NS will fare well in arena in my shard. Also its really costing me arena rank for the time being but its fine.
  • Options
    Oorun wrote: »
    Is there a set date for BB8 event ? is there a real reaoson for this panic ? and how hard was the fight ?let me clarify, can a g8 FO team with out kylo zeta beat 7* phase ? i started farmin FO when BB8 first came, and they are almost ready, i mean 15 tries for first order storm trroper + i bought fotp only from fleet shop i think i can be ready in 15 days

No there isn't, and there won't be one until a week or 2-3 days prior to the event. At this point there is just speculation, however you should treat it as a certainty, there's no way they won't try to milk us again. Also i wish gear requirements was my only problem, the problem is that cursed FO stormtrooper and his hard node farming
  • Options

FOST and FOTP most certainly are NOT f2p with all the refreshes you need to use. Keep in mind that hard node battle until recently only gave you 3 attemps. I never bothered with either of those characters because just as OP said why use them when there are better characters and better squads. And before anyone says im new and don't deserve the new characters right away just know that even now that i know about the new rey im no farming FO to unlock BB8 whi will probably be needed for her and im not going to increase the rate at which i farm resistance. I don't care to have rey what so ever but i still recognize the problem with all the recent panic farming.

Yeah people have the memory of a goldfish. Ty for this, FO pilot was not in fleet store until very recently dispite having a ship from the start. 2. His ship wasn't all that meta defining to even have to divert my attention to farm him.

We've only had 3 attempts on hard nodes until recently and with 3 attempts you are lucky to get more than one shard a day. That's nearly a year long farm to 7 stars!

Also people who try to convince you that FO made sense to farm are simply trolls. Tell me one time FO would beat a meta team, tell me one time FO could outdps any top rsid team in either raid... apart from kylo and phase who most of us have, no FO was ever a better choice to farm over others. I got right before his zeta solo p1 haat was nerfed and didn't even bother to zeta him, I swear I haven't used him anywhere in the game. He's in my garbage pile along with toons like jedi consular, competely useless!

Only time i used kylo was with my sith team as i didn't have maul or ShT or ShA. Realized he wasn't great and dropped that team and started using rebels. Now kylo gets no time in a team and i regret the gear and levels i put into him.
  • Options

Only time i used kylo was with my sith team as i didn't have maul or ShT or ShA. Realized he wasn't great and dropped that team and started using rebels. Now kylo gets no time in a team and i regret the gear and levels i put into him.

Well you'll use him for this event when you are ready, at least it's not a total waste. I haven't used my kylo in probably 4 months. He just sits there, I even removed his mods, literally never used... mine's gear 10 with one piece away from g11...
  • Options
    You’re all far off. This is CG. You’re going to need Krennic, Deathtrooper, and Tusken Raider.
  • Options
    - panic farming (check)
    - Requirements of unfarmable characters which we will need at 7* (check)
    - Money garb expectations (check)
    - Marry Sue expectations to come to ruin arena one more time (check)

Hmmm... looking forward for it, guys!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

Rage for cantina nodes?? Better than hard nodes.

Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

Why nobody else has figured this out is beyond me.

That is not true!

We get 165 Cantina energy per day. On a 16er node, this means you get 3.4 shards per day on average. With one refresh, you get almost 6 shards per day. And that's on the 16er nodes. The other ones are obviously better.

With a hard node, you get 1.66 shards per day without refresh. Here you have to refresh the node and possibly also your normal energy to run it. With one refresh of the node and energy (100 crystals) you get only 3.33 shards per day.

This calculation shows you that even 16er Cantina node is twice as profitable as a single hard node.
  • Options

Why nobody else has figured this out is beyond me.

Because you get 5 sims pr. hard node pr. day.
    A cantina node can get many more sims pr. day.
    Without spending crystals that is...
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This calculation is based on a wrong assumption.
    You get 165 Caninta Energy per day for free. And you assume you spend it all on cantina nodes
    You get 420 normal energy per day for free. And you assume you still need a refresh of the energy? Why? is 420 not enough?
    If you plan to spend 100% cantina energy for farming, you can at least expect to spend 100% normal energy for farming.

Therefore you don't have to spend extra 50 gems to refresh.

Let us see the gem cost of one shard with one refresh both.

1 Canina shard with one refresh would cost you...19 gems
    1 hard battle shard with one refresh would cost you... 16(6) gems

So a 16 node cantina farm is slightly more expensive than any hard node farm.

While a 20 node cantina farm is even more expensive

This discussion has been closed.