Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    I think the event will coincide with the movie release. That's a realistic target to aim for. Hopefully the devs will shed some light on it over the next week or so as they have stayed pretty quiet on it since the anouncement

You are wise!
    It will clearly be launched when the movie is released!

We will have two weeks to farm the two old dudes (hopefully they are already G9 for me ... cautious I am !)
    Vets are due this week!

Fantastic news!
    Thank you.

I don't know if that is an official comment of any kind.
  • Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    I think the event will coincide with the movie release. That's a realistic target to aim for. Hopefully the devs will shed some light on it over the next week or so as they have stayed pretty quiet on it since the anouncement

You are wise!

We will have two weeks to farm the two old dudes (hopefully they are already G9 for me ... cautious I am !)
    Vets are due this week!

Fantastic news!
    Thank you.

It will be a question of days
    If I remember well TLJ is released on the 15/12 so I would think that the vets would come up with the next update early December.
    2 weeks to farm the old boys !
  • Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »

You are wise!

Vets are due this week!

Fantastic news!
    Thank you.

It will be a question of days
    If I remember well TLJ is released on the 15/12 so I would think that the vets would come up with the next update early December.
    2 weeks to farm the old boys !

It’s also from the release cadence (if that is still a thing) they were on forums August 23rd.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Excited about my progress.

zklovc.jpg

Nice... are they useful? (Serious question) if so, where?

Rey's Hero's Journey.

This is what I’m preparing for. A Hero’s Journey event recreates key scenes from the movies. Rey never met Poe, but she had key scenes with BB-8, Finn, Han Solo, and Chewbacca.
  • Options
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Finn, Rey, Poe, Bb8 and kylo

Highly likely. Not sure about Kylo but the rest are definitely likely.

Oh, I'm afraid that technically Kylo is required because of BB8.
  • Options
    They can only take Rey’s Journey so far. They can mimic scenes from her escape with BB-8 and Finn from Jakku. Her fight on Maz’ planet most likely. Her escape from Starkiller base and seeing Solo die. And her handing Luke his lightsaber. Then we get a few scenes from the new movie, but not before release and likely a week after because there will be spoilers. And Disney would not be happy if fans had the movie ruined early by a game. Most likely Battlefront 2 will also get an addition Rey of some kind.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They can only take Rey’s Journey so far. They can mimic scenes from her escape with BB-8 and Finn from Jakku. Her fight on Maz’ planet most likely. Her escape from Starkiller base and seeing Solo die. And her handing Luke his lightsaber. Then we get a few scenes from the new movie, but not before release and likely a week after because there will be spoilers. And Disney would not be happy if fans had the movie ruined early by a game. Most likely Battlefront 2 will also get an addition Rey of some kind.

Rey is already in Battlefront 2....as a Jedi, with Jedi abilities and Jedi training outfit.

The heroes journey will be Force Awakens scenes, so I doubt there will be many spoilers. She'll be like CLS was - no Jedi tag, only resistance as she doesn't under go any training til TLJ. I'm edging towards it being the version we already have in game - Rey (Starkiller Base), wearing the scavenger outfit but with a Lightsabre.

My assumption has always been the heroes journey will move on to the next phase (especially Luke's) where we'll need Hermit Yoda, CLS, Hoth Han/Leia and R2 to get RotJ Luke with Jedi tag. I'm assuming next year we'll get another Rey journey where she'll need characters from TLJ to progress to Jedi Rey (a new Finn, a new Poe, Bb8 etc)
  • Options
    If the Vets are going to be required at 7* and aren't farmable for Rey's journey, then I think we need to band together to let them know that it's not okay. I am screen shotting this and if it gets taken down then it will go to Reddit. They need to learn that making money is fine, but being abusive of what amounts to gambling is not.
  • Options
    They will be farmable before event just lime Phoenix were for Thrawn.
  • Options
    I hope you're right. That would be sensible.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    They will be farmable before event just lime Phoenix were for Thrawn.

That doesn't count. That was terrible management of the first Thrawn event and extremely poor taste to the playerbase - especially those that have remained loyal players of this game since launch.

They already had backlash from that - I hope they learned it was not appreciated and will not be tolerated by some (in other words - some may opt to leave the game).
  • Options
    I repeat, December 6 will mark 12 weeks since the Veteran Smuggler's release...
  • Options
    And they moved me into the mega thread so that it can't be or won't be seen. Off to Reddit.
  • Options
    I repeat, December 6 will mark 12 weeks since the Veteran Smuggler's release...

That’s in game right. I was going off forum debut :) maybe the devs won’t notice.. and they will land in the update :) shhhh
  • Options
    They can only take Rey’s Journey so far. They can mimic scenes from her escape with BB-8 and Finn from Jakku. Her fight on Maz’ planet most likely. Her escape from Starkiller base and seeing Solo die. And her handing Luke his lightsaber. Then we get a few scenes from the new movie, but not before release and likely a week after because there will be spoilers.

Not sure why we would get scenes from the new movie. They did not do that with Luke's hero's journey.
  • Options
    Pfizzy wrote: »
    And they moved me into the mega thread so that it can't be or won't be seen. Off to Reddit.

I saw it.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If the Vets are going to be required at 7* and aren't farmable for Rey's journey, then I think we need to band together to let them know that it's not okay. I am screen shotting this and if it gets taken down then it will go to Reddit. They need to learn that making money is fine, but being abusive of what amounts to gambling is not.

Mine are both six stars right now. Han is at 12/100 and getting closer every day or two. I have been using my daily crystal rewards to buy shards in the shop, four and eight at a time. I’m very close to 7* without spending money. So it’s fine with me if they are requirements. I’ve been expecting it and taking steps to be ready for it. (In-app purchases are currently turned off on my phone.)
  • Options
    Chill out they still haven't given a date for the Rey event or the requirements yet. Complain after they have given out the details if your still not happy
  • Options

Mine are both six stars right now. Han is at 12/100 and getting closer every day or two. I have been using my daily crystal rewards to buy shards in the shop, four and eight at a time. I’m very close to 7* without spending money. So it’s fine with me if they are requirements. I’ve been expecting it and taking steps to be ready for it. (In-app purchases are currently turned off on my phone.)

That's definitely admirable if you're able, because that's 22,000 crystals per toon. I'm sorry but I have my doubts on your ability to do that with no out of pocket expenditure.

• Options
    800-900 crystals a day in rewards. Do the math.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    While it could be done for free in 6-8 weeks, I’m expecting it to take about ten for me.

The trick is that you need to place in the top three of the arena every day. I do that with five free characters:

1. CLS, 7* free from a game event
    2. R2, 7* free from a game event
    3. Thrawn, 7* free from a game event
    4. Han Solo, 7* free from pit raids
    5. GK, 7* free from tank raids

Every 7* character you need to place first with a meta team in the arena was given away for free. Take those daily crystal winnings and spend two months getting free 7* veterans, and you’ll get a free 7* Rey during her event.

Free, free, free.
  • Options
    While it could be done for free in 6-8 weeks, I’m expecting it to take about ten for me.

The trick is that you need to place in the top three of the arena every day.

Free, free, free.

Yeah, it's super easy to place in the top 3 of the arena if you started at the beginning. For anyone who joined this game in the past 12 months, it's impossible to get all those toons and up to the top 3 in an arena. Glad you have been mining toons since the very beginning, but it's not as simple as "just get top 3!" for everyone else. I have CLS, R2, and Chaze and I'm barely able to stay t150 in my arena.
  • Options

The trick is that you need to place in the top three of the arena every day.

Free, free, free.

Yeah, it's super easy to place in the top 3 of the arena if you started at the beginning. For anyone who joined this game in the past 12 months, it's impossible to get all those toons and up to the top 3 in an arena. Glad you have been mining toons since the very beginning, but it's not as simple as "just get top 3!" for everyone else. I have CLS, R2, and Chaze and I'm barely able to stay t150 in my arena.

The people in your arena all started around the same time as you did.
  • TheXBoarder
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes, I am aware of that. However some of them are whales, so it's not as easy still. The #3 ranked player in my arena already has a g12 7* Unmasked Kylo AND Mother Tolzen.
    So no, playing for the "free" guys is not easy when you have pay to play guys in your arena.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Interesting approach to the internet, I'm sure no one has ever thought to use the anonymity of the internet to be rude for no reason. Couple things though. First, I think you mean victim complex. No one is dying or being harmed so that their story can be the impetus for a movement. Second, I think you're misusing the concept of oppression. Everyone that is being oppressed is deemed unimportant by their oppressors, but more importantly, there was no claim of oppression. The claim was first of abuse, and second of censorship. Hope that helps.
    Semantics are the last bastion of someone who knows they’re wrong but can’t admit it. “You said crimson and it’s CLEARLY vermillion, you have no idea what you’re talking about so I’m only going to engage with the definitions and not with the meanings.”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

I saw your posts because they are in the megathread, not despite of it. In a random thread without activity, I would have never bothered to read it.

Also, Rey's Journey won't have spoilers of the new movie. It will be like Luke's Journey, focused only on one movie.
  • TheXBoarder
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I saw your posts because they are in the megathread, not despite of it. In a random thread without activity, I would have never bothered to read it.

Also, Rey's Journey won't have spoilers of the new movie. It will be like Luke's Journey, focused only on one movie.

Luke's journey had 7 phases to it to fully unlock him. If that stays true then here's my guess on the Rey phases:
    Stage 1: BB8, Finn, and Rey in the market against FO storm troopers
    Stage 2: Millenium Falcon ship battle
    Stage 3: Veteran Smugglers, Finn, BB8, and Rey against either those monsters or smugglers
    Stage 4: Veteran Smugglers, Finn and Rey in battle at Maas's Palace
    Stage 5: Rey (on her own) fights FOST on Starkiller base
    Stage 6: Rey watches VS Han die (like Old Ben/Vader in CLS event)
    Stage 7: Rey and Finn fight Kylo

So, based on that, the Veteran Smugglers would absolutely be needed. Can't think of 3-4 other stages that can be added in her story that don't include them. Well crap....
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Luke's journey had 7 phases to it to fully unlock him. If that stays true then here's my guess on the Rey phases:
    Stage 1: BB8, Finn, and Rey in the market against FO storm troopers
    Stage 2: Millenium Falcon ship battle
    Stage 3: Veteran Smugglers, Finn, BB8, and Rey against either those monsters or smugglers
    Stage 4: Veteran Smugglers, Finn and Rey in battle at Maas's Palace
    Stage 5: Rey (on her own) fights FOST on Starkiller base
    Stage 6: Rey watches VS Han die (like Old Ben/Vader in CLS event)
    Stage 7: Rey and Finn fight Kylo

So, based on that, the Veteran Smugglers would absolutely be needed. Can't think of 3-4 other stages that can be added in her story that don't include them. Well ****....

i agree with all except the **** ship battle
    lol can't abbreviate Millennium Falcon
  • Options
    You forgot the one where she meets Poe and they fight tons of battles together. Oh yeah that never happened. Or that she meets Phasma and FO Officers, SF Tie Pilots and FO Tie Pilots. Oh wait, yeah that one, too.

I agree we get to watch Solo die again.
  • Options
    I see it going down like this...

1) Poe and BB8 vs FOST @ Jakku
    2) Rey, Finn, BB8 vs FOTP @ Jakku
    3) Rey, Finn, Smugglers, (and maybe BB8) vs Kanja Club and Sqwefuoiwefowuh Death Gang
    4) Rey, Finn, Smugglers, (and maybe BB8 or Poe) @ Takadona
    5) Solo vs Kylo inside Starkiller Base
    6) Chewie vs FOST inside Starkiller Base
    7) Rey and Finn vs Kylo @ Starkiller surface

The question in my head is, if BB8 doesn't fight past the 4th battle, I wonder if he will need 7*? I would be happier needing 6 characters if one of them is a 5* BB8 than needing him to be 7* in a 5 hero crew.
This discussion has been closed.