Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    HoodieDM wrote: »
    No where has it said BB8 is coming back. I think Rey’s journey is a bit off. After the movie.
    Read the event info again. It says coming this deember

+1

Everyone has to remember, #1 we will get a full month of Flash Events for Reys Journey & #2 there will be no spoilers on Rey for like a month plus after the movie releases, so that easily takes us into January.

~D
    No where has it said BB8 is coming back. I think Rey’s journey is a bit off. After the movie.

+1

Everyone has to remember, #1 we will get a full month of Flash Events for Reys Journey & #2 there will be no spoilers on Rey for like a month plus after the movie releases, so that easily takes us into January.

~D
    it's coming sooner than later. Here is what the event page says

"You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December."

If they do the flash events though that could cover it for a while. That was considered part of Luke's journey

No it wasnt.....

Yes it was. When the flash events first appeared, there was a whole hero's journey post in the event calendar about them.

They aren't flash events anymore anyway, they have been replaced with a different type of event.

They were to help you prepare for Lukes journey not actually be part of it. Just like the Phoenix flash events were to help prepare for Thrawn. And yes there are still flash events. Theyve just undergone changes since then.
  • Options

+1

~D

+1

~D

"You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December."

If they do the flash events though that could cover it for a while. That was considered part of Luke's journey

No it wasnt.....

Yes it was. When the flash events first appeared, there was a whole hero's journey post in the event calendar about them.

They aren't flash events anymore anyway, they have been replaced with a different type of event.

They were to help you prepare for Lukes journey not actually be part of it. Just like the Phoenix flash events were to help prepare for Thrawn. And yes there are still flash events. Theyve just undergone changes since then.

No, there is literally no such thing as flash events anymore. The events we have now have a different name.

And the flash events for Luke's Journey were listed in the event calendar as... part of Luke's Journey. So my post is 100% true fact based on what the devs themselves have said and actual in-game events.

Not to put too fine a point on it but you aren't paying close enough attention.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

+1

~D

+1

~D

No it wasnt.....

No, there is literally no such thing as flash events anymore. The events we have now have a different name.

And the flash events for Luke's Journey were listed in the event calendar as... part of Luke's Journey. So my post is 100% true fact based on what the devs themselves have said and actual in-game events.

Not to put too fine a point on it but you aren't paying close enough attention.

Werid how we just had a flash event. Yes they changed the name but its just an evolution of the flash event.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017#latest

No mention if heroes journey. You could have skiped it completely and still got CLS.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112405/game-update-5-23-2017#latest
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Weird that it said "admiral event" (or something quite similar anyway) on it when we had it and NOT "flash event"...

I remember wondering why they had changed even the name of those events when the nightsister's advanced tactics came out.

They changed how it works and they changed the name. It isn't a flash event anymore. In the post you linked Kozi talks about "rebranding" flash events... that means turning them into something else...

Like I said, you're just not paying close enough attention.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    After all the speculation about needing Vet Han and Chewie for Rey’s journey, it looks like we will not be needing them for that event. We have less than a month before Last Jedi hits the big screen, and both of said characters are still unfarmable. We had the notice regarding Rey’s journey 2 weeks ago and they both would’ve been made farmable by now. So, the big question is, who will those 2 slots be for now?

Why would this mean they won't be part of the event? They will announce the event requirements and the vets' farming locations at the same time, just like they did with the Thrawn event and Phoenix farming.
  • Options
    Please lemme fix - I quoted because I agree. Also BB8 is superb in haat and I just started using him tb.
    My bad, hard to tell sometimes :P I got BB8, but haven't geared or modded it up enough to be useful yet... It'll be hard to replace Rey with it, but I know eventually that's how it'll shake out.
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah the problem is who else that we have in game can you say had a role in her story, so many of them never even met her. You really have to think the vets will be involved in some way...
    I feel like people are being too literal-minded in translating the Luke Journey to Rey's Journey. They're overlooking that the point of the event wasn't to recreate all of EP4, it was to trace the events that involved Luke from EP4. New Hope was structurally different from TFA, focusing on Luke from start to finish and the extra characters joining him along the way. While Rey is definitely the focus of TFA, it splits up its characters in a way that New Hope didn't.

The folks who say you'll need a 7* Han are saying it because you needed a 7* everyone else for Luke. But why? So he can die to Kylo Ren? That had nothing to do with Rey or her journey. That would be important for a Kylo Ren Journey, not Rey.

So I could see this needing a variety of characters to recreate a variety of scenes, but not needing all of them at 7* for the finale, which would probably be Rey v Kylo straight up (maybe with Finn, too). Han and Chewbacca would only be relevant to Rey's Journey in the middle of the movie, which means they could be involved at a 3-5* level without being needed for the end of the event at 7*. I could even see there being a Millennium Falcon stage in the middle.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Please lemme fix - I quoted because I agree. Also BB8 is superb in haat and I just started using him tb.
    My bad, hard to tell sometimes :P I got BB8, but haven't geared or modded it up enough to be useful yet... It'll be hard to replace Rey with it, but I know eventually that's how it'll shake out.
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah the problem is who else that we have in game can you say had a role in her story, so many of them never even met her. You really have to think the vets will be involved in some way...
    I feel like people are being too literal-minded in translating the Luke Journey to Rey's Journey. They're overlooking that the point of the event wasn't to recreate all of EP4, it was to trace the events that involved Luke from EP4. New Hope was structurally different from TFA, focusing on Luke from start to finish and the extra characters joining him along the way. While Rey is definitely the focus of TFA, it splits up its characters in a way that New Hope didn't.

The folks who say you'll need a 7* Han are saying it because you needed a 7* everyone else for Luke. But why? So he can die to Kylo Ren? That had nothing to do with Rey or her journey. That would be important for a Kylo Ren Journey, not Rey.

So I could see this needing a variety of characters to recreate a variety of scenes, but not needing all of them at 7* for the finale, which would probably be Rey v Kylo straight up (maybe with Finn, too). Han and Chewbacca would only be relevant to Rey's Journey in the middle of the movie, which means they could be involved at a 3-5* level without being needed for the end of the event at 7*. I could even see there being a Millennium Falcon stage in the middle.

Well they broke up who you need for each level of Lukes so that wouldnt be an issue if they were only in the middle missions. As for Han not being important to her journey I think that's more a movie flaw. I feel like they tried to shoe horn him into a potential mentor role. She saw him die and was affected by it which is why Leia hugged her. So the intent was there even of it wasnt done well in the movie. Also in terms of not re creating the entire e4. The whole end of the movie is in an xwing so im guessing they didnt want to do that.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    After all the speculation about needing Vet Han and Chewie for Rey’s journey, it looks like we will not be needing them for that event. We have less than a month before Last Jedi hits the big screen, and both of said characters are still unfarmable. We had the notice regarding Rey’s journey 2 weeks ago and they both would’ve been made farmable by now. So, the big question is, who will those 2 slots be for now?

Why would this mean they won't be part of the event? They will announce the event requirements and the vets' farming locations at the same time, just like they did with the Thrawn event and Phoenix farming.

Phoenix were released at least one full week before they were announced as needed for Thrawn. It may even have been 2. I remember spending about a week finishing off my Empire after they were released, and still spent a few days farming them before they were announced as needed for Thrawn.

Now once Thrawn event came out they explained why they had moved up the timetable on the Phoenix release to earlier than their cadence dictated, but it was still a week or two after they had been released and had altogether 2-3 weeks from when they were released to when the event started. People that had started farming Phoenix the instant they were released (which was nobody IMO) could have obtained a 7* Thrawn F2P the first time around. The week I spent farming Empire made it so I could only unlock him.
  • Options

Phoenix were released at least one full week before they were announced as needed for Thrawn. It may even have been 2. I remember spending about a week finishing off my Empire after they were released, and still spent a few days farming them before they were announced as needed for Thrawn.

Now once Thrawn event came out they explained why they had moved up the timetable on the Phoenix release to earlier than their cadence dictated, but it was still a week or two after they had been released and had altogether 2-3 weeks from when they were released to when the event started. People that had started farming Phoenix the instant they were released (which was nobody IMO) could have obtained a 7* Thrawn F2P the first time around. The week I spent farming Empire made it so I could only unlock him.

Yep I think with out tokens saved up and not spending you could get 5* Phx and and 5* thrawn.
    Nothing has been confirmed for Rey’s journey besides rey herself. I don’t think it’s wrong people are speculating the same way for rey as they did Luke but a big glaring issue into this is will it be like the Luke events where most had those toons farmed or more like thrawn ? Where it’s a big panic farm.

Vets should be released around thanksgiving - I plan on using them in tb anyway. Hopefully gw and arena and cantina store get some love.

There are so many things devs should talk about and I really don’t see them being vocal next week. Just something about vets and something for Anny and that’s it.
  • Options

Now once Thrawn event came out they explained why they had moved up the timetable on the Phoenix release to earlier than their cadence dictated
    They did? Do you have a link? Not that I don't believe you, to be clear, just that I never saw this and I've been curious why they did it.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I hate to say it, but the vets will be needed because someone has to die. This is a staple Disney troupe. From the time of Bambi, the way a main character came of-age is that a parent or parent-figure is killed off and the hero has to cope. Old Ben for CLS, I'll bet we get a new Vader or maybe Hermit Yoda for Jedi Luke, and Old Man Luke for the next iteration of Rey after this. The is not CG or EA, but the Mouse himself and they must pay homage so we must too. If memory serves, this happened to Walt himself (he was Bambi, basically) and is unlikely to go away.
  • Options
    I don't remember where I read it actually. It was either in one of their newsletters or a forum post 4-5 months ago.

I don't really have the time to go digging for it right now. Sorry.
  • Options
    I don't remember where I read it actually. It was either in one of their newsletters or a forum post 4-5 months ago.

Completely understandable, no worries. I tried googling it on my own, but just got a whole bunch of "PHOENIX ADDED TO GOH" trash stuff.
  • Options

Completely understandable, no worries. I tried googling it on my own, but just got a whole bunch of "PHOENIX ADDED TO GOH" trash stuff.

Check the state of the galaxy threads
  • Options

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!
    (In other words, thanks, I'll do that)
  • Options

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!
    (In other words, thanks, I'll do that)

Haha. I think we need another soon. State of the galaxy that is. Not a supervisor.
  • Options
    Look at it from the reverse angle.... Why were a 4th han and another chewie released around the exact time for release cadence with no other apparent reason? They dont add to anything else in the game that i can think of, yet there is one logical assumption the release of rey is pointing to.....its no coincidence that in the build up to the biggest film release this year that the developers added 2 characters from the previous film to coincide, this has been planned for at least 3 months and nothing is being wasted on pointless characters they cant make money from
  • Options
    I see him every other rotation. ITP, Clone Sgt, FOTP, all day in that order every day in the last spot for characters.
  • Options
    Look at it from the reverse angle.... Why were a 4th han and another chewie released around the exact time for release cadence with no other apparent reason? They dont add to anything else in the game that i can think of, yet there is one logical assumption the release of rey is pointing to.....its no coincidence that in the build up to the biggest film release this year that the developers added 2 characters from the previous film to coincide, this has been planned for at least 3 months and nothing is being wasted on pointless characters they cant make money from

I've made this point too. Only reason to release them when they did imo.
  • Options
    My two veterans are now both 6* and g11. I won’t have too much to panic about once they are farmable.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    what on earf are you people talking about?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    what on earf are you people talking about?

It's actually not anything on earth we're discussing. ;D
    It all takes place a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but the vets will be needed because someone has to die. This is a staple Disney troupe. From the time of Bambi, the way a main character came of-age is that a parent or parent-figure is killed off and the hero has to cope. Old Ben for CLS, I'll bet we get a new Vader or maybe Hermit Yoda for Jedi Luke, and Old Man Luke for the next iteration of Rey after this. The is not CG or EA, but the Mouse himself and they must pay homage so we must too. If memory serves, this happened to Walt himself (he was Bambi, basically) and is unlikely to go away.

It's an ancient literary trope, not a Disney trope. Disney uses a lot of established tropes in their movies, but the first Star Wars film was not a Disney movie.
  • Options
    All of this conversation could be avoided if CG believed in communication.
  • Options
    All of this conversation could be avoided if CG believed in communication.

Leaving it at least a partial mystery is an excellent marketing strategy.
    Stirring up speculations is one of the best ways to keep your fans interested.

People have been doing the same thing with the movies: Why is Rey getting visions from Anakin's lightsaber?

It's not underhanded unless they actually do start the event and drop the smugglers within 2-3 weeks... depending upon where they are placed of course. Cantina Node and Galactic War would be options that should keep people from being able to complain for the most part. If they are guild store and fleet store only, that'd be another story.

But they haven't forced an impossible to reach farm on us before this so this is just a good marketing strategy, plain and simple. The speculation is for fun for us, not something hampering us. If it's not fun for you, well I am sorry it isn't, but it is for me.
  • Options
    For all the people who keep saying fotp is also in fleet shipments, that's not a reliable farming source. You never know when he may pop up and it may take days before you even see him once. Even then, you may not even have fleet currency when he does show up.
    Okay. Then do the two hard nodes.

These events aren't happening tomorrow. There's enough time and sources that 30 shards a week is eminently doable.

It looks like some people think that Rey will be released before TLJ in December. They still have that "new version/old foe - before movie" stuck in their head. I seriously dont expect her until next year.
  • Options
    For all the people who keep saying fotp is also in fleet shipments, that's not a reliable farming source. You never know when he may pop up and it may take days before you even see him once. Even then, you may not even have fleet currency when he does show up.
    Okay. Then do the two hard nodes.

These events aren't happening tomorrow. There's enough time and sources that 30 shards a week is eminently doable.

It looks like some people think that Rey will be released before TLJ in December. They still have that "new version/old foe - before movie" stuck in their head. I seriously dont expect her until next year.

Its not that its this paragraph of the release:

To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December

This suggests its coming in December.

• Options
    I think the event will coincide with the movie release. That's a realistic target to aim for. Hopefully the devs will shed some light on it over the next week or so as they have stayed pretty quiet on it since the anouncement
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DoctorWorm wrote: »
    Okay, I spent a bunch of time and resources (nothing money related; mostly time) to get Rey to 7* and G10 for this event. Really hope I don't need Finn @ 7* too now, because that's going to be next to impossible in that amount of time...

What amount of time?
    Nobody said her event will drop next week. It might not happen for a few months.

pssst...

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

P.S. You're gonna need Finn
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    I think the event will coincide with the movie release. That's a realistic target to aim for. Hopefully the devs will shed some light on it over the next week or so as they have stayed pretty quiet on it since the anouncement

You are wise!
    It will clearly be launched when the movie is released!

We will have two weeks to farm the two old dudes (hopefully they are already G9 for me ... cautious I am !)
This discussion has been closed.