Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    What is crazy to me is, we still don't officially know who is required (setting rumors and speculation aside). So even if they drop the requirements today, am curious how much time are they "officially" going to give to farm after the announcement?

Even if it's only 2 weeks (similar to Thrawn) that would put her event start on the 20th. Anything less than that would be a spectacularly poor choice on their part.
  • Options
    Dracarys78 wrote: »
    It is reasonable BB8 is needed for Rey HJ so as it was back in august they poped r2d2 week b4 LHJ and RHJ is reasonable to come with movie.
    Huge difference is that you could easy have chars for CLS as f2p but for this event it wasn't just enough time to farm vets to 7* w/o cashing out. I just love those posts where p2w players say its fine and they "prepared" on time farming vets, drop rate is too **** low i spent all cantina energy with 3 dailly refreshes of 100 crystals and got both to 4* with 3-4 shards extra during double drop.
    If you calculate crystal requirement for buying shards regulary from shipments, yields around 260 shards per character cba doing exact math but that's way more crystals than f2p can generate.
    Fast math is 120(buys) 320 crystals each for 480 shards (both vets) equals 38400 crystals only for vets so how much time you need to generate that amount of crystals if you don't buy them?
    Personally not paying for any game instead of wow witch is p2p game and i droped idea getting Rey this year but personally i think it was just not enough time to farm vets to 7* without cashing out quite some $

figured id repost just because...So many people make the reference that this event is for whales. But what makes someone a whale? me for instance. I started farming resistance and FO before last BB8 event. Figured with a new movie coming out, something should be coming, and just guess my surprise when Rey's event was announced. Then they offered crystals on sale to come with an additional 25%, on top of double cantina drop rates and releasing Vets in cantina.

So I did the math. Making a guess that rey's event wouldn't possibly come before the 7th of December since BB8 had to return. then I account for all crystals arena and daily activities would yield meant that to have them both at 7 star I needed to spend $120 on crystals.

I'm constantly watching out for any new info being released on event expectancy and it never comes. This also means that my timed farming is changing with that flow of being released later than that date of the planned 7th and I now forecast I will still have 5k crystals left after Vets are 7*.....

To sum it up, Rey event will cost me $80. While that may very well make me an dummy for spending money on a dumb game, that doesn't really make me a whale. They gotta make something and I don't feel that with all the hints and they way they released specials, farm nodes, and content that makes EA that unreasonable. my two cents
  • Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    You should all remember that luke's journey started with flash event before the actual unlocking évent..... And they were on for quite à while .....

Weren’t they pre advertised though? There’s been zero talk of flash events except from folk on the forum hoping we will get them.

I thought the devs confirmed a while back that flash events were not going to be a thing anymore. Instead we have stuff like the Nightsisters twice-daily type events with longer windows, better rewards, and a different name.

In any case, I definitely didn't enjoy the Luke flash events. It was a fun challenge to figure out how to get through it, but then it became a chore, for really odd rewards. I still have a dozen MkIII Chedak prototype things that few toons ever seem to need.
  • Options
    I've not looked at this thread for about a month.

Strangely comforting to read that the conversation is exactly the same as it was a month ago.

It's hard not to notice it has been repeating itself over and over in a perfect cycle. I call it The circle of liiffeeee!! lol.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    bb8 the 8th december , the veterans at 7 stars confirmed ..... good luck at all

Gotta love the random poster who just thinks they know the answer so they pretend to post confirmed intel, with absolutely no sources of any kind to support their "intel".

Props for trying to re-start the hype train, but the Devs have already said a major content update was coming today. We'll just wait for that instead of buying into more internet rumors.

Not saying youre wrong but the 8th for bb8 is floating around out there.

I'm sure it is. Throw enough predictions out and ONE of them is bound to be true. Doesn't mean you were actually right or had inside knowledge. Means you threw mud against a wall to see what stuck.
  • Options

Gotta love the random poster who just thinks they know the answer so they pretend to post confirmed intel, with absolutely no sources of any kind to support their "intel".

Props for trying to re-start the hype train, but the Devs have already said a major content update was coming today. We'll just wait for that instead of buying into more internet rumors.

I'm sure it is. Throw enough predictions out and ONE of them is bound to be true. Doesn't mean you were actually right or had inside knowledge. Means you threw mud against a wall to see what stuck.

You guys really think leaks dont happen? Give me a break. I dont understand the bitterness when someone posts something they heard. If you want to wait for offical announcements thats fine. But some out there do have insider knowledge ( I'm not one of them but I'm not naive enough to think there's not).
  • Options

You guys really think leaks dont happen? Give me a break. I dont understand the bitterness when someone posts something they heard. If you want to wait for offical announcements thats fine. But some out there do have insider knowledge ( I'm not one of them but I'm not naive enough to think there's not).

There could be insider info.
    But when 50 different people claim to " know " some of them are obviously guessing so it's hard to know who really knows and who is just blowing smoke
  • Options
    Semi wrote: »
    You should all remember that luke's journey started with flash event before the actual unlocking évent..... And they were on for quite à while .....

True, but if you check the tape they first announced the Flash Events to, explicitly, gear your fancy new Luke, then they announced Luke’s event.

This tie they skipped the Flash Events and went straight to announcing the Rey event.

I’m all for anything that pushes the event back so I’m more likely to complete it, but I very strongly doubt there’ll be weeks of Flash Events. (Not the least of which is because they recently changed how Flash Events even work.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    It is reasonable BB8 is needed for Rey HJ so as it was back in august they poped r2d2 week b4 LHJ and RHJ is reasonable to come with movie.
    Huge difference is that you could easy have chars for CLS as f2p but for this event it wasn't just enough time to farm vets to 7* w/o cashing out. I just love those posts where p2w players say its fine and they "prepared" on time farming vets, drop rate is too **** low i spent all cantina energy with 3 dailly refreshes of 100 crystals and got both to 4* with 3-4 shards extra during double drop.
    If you calculate crystal requirement for buying shards regulary from shipments, yields around 260 shards per character cba doing exact math but that's way more crystals than f2p can generate.
    Fast math is 120(buys) 320 crystals each for 480 shards (both vets) equals 38400 crystals only for vets so how much time you need to generate that amount of crystals if you don't buy them?
    Personally not paying for any game instead of wow witch is p2p game and i droped idea getting Rey this year but personally i think it was just not enough time to farm vets to 7* without cashing out quite some $

That is exactly my point.

BB8 - farmable f2p using f2p toons (FO)
    Rey & Finn - have been farmable f2p for a long time now - no excuses here
    VS - f2p farmable from cantinina nodes.

This is all true. They are all technically f2p - but what you @Dracarys78 are saying is also 100% true.

Statuing that VS farming intime for this Rey event is f2p is madness. Yes they are tagged f2p, but in the time we have, they are p2p.

By extension this Rey even, although tagged f2p is not. It too is p2p. It may be f2p next time but not this time - even though it is tagged as f2p - read the small print.
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »

But when 50 different people claim to " know " some of them are obviously guessing so it's hard to know who really knows and who is just blowing smoke

Bingo.
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »

Yea but you can usually tell the difference between a random posting of nonsense and the same info starting to come from multiple areas.
  • Options
    would be shocked if 7* Vets are not needed and they didn't get the Resistance tag as well
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    will millie flacon be needed?
  • Options

You guys really think leaks dont happen?
    Of course leaks happen. But people making bullroar up out of thin air also happens, and at a far greater frequency. Weren’t you here in October when it was “leaked” that you’d need 7* General Greivous to get Mother Talzin and that she’d only unlock at 7*?

What’s more likely—there’s a secret leak, or someone is faking a claim by saying something that a dozen people have speculated about for months?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Since it seems likely we’ll get requirements for Rey’s HJ today, thought I’d throw out that we actually got requirements for Luke’s HJ nine days before the event started. Nine days from today is official TLJ drop day...
  • Options
    SunTzu wrote: »

figured id repost just because...So many people make the reference that this event is for whales. But what makes someone a whale? me for instance. I started farming resistance and FO before last BB8 event. Figured with a new movie coming out, something should be coming, and just guess my surprise when Rey's event was announced. Then they offered crystals on sale to come with an additional 25%, on top of double cantina drop rates and releasing Vets in cantina.

So I did the math. Making a guess that rey's event wouldn't possibly come before the 7th of December since BB8 had to return. then I account for all crystals arena and daily activities would yield meant that to have them both at 7 star I needed to spend $120 on crystals.

I'm constantly watching out for any new info being released on event expectancy and it never comes. This also means that my timed farming is changing with that flow of being released later than that date of the planned 7th and I now forecast I will still have 5k crystals left after Vets are 7*.....

To sum it up, Rey event will cost me $80. While that may very well make me an dummy for spending money on a dumb game, that doesn't really make me a whale. They gotta make something and I don't feel that with all the hints and they way they released specials, farm nodes, and content that makes EA that unreasonable. my two cents

That's the definition of whale.
  • Options

That's the definition of whale.

I feel more like a cow than a whale. lol
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

You guys really think leaks dont happen?
    Of course leaks happen. But people making bullroar up out of thin air also happens, and at a far greater frequency. Weren’t you here in October when it was “leaked” that you’d need 7* General Greivous to get Mother Talzin and that she’d only unlock at 7*?

What’s more likely—there’s a secret leak, or someone is faking a claim by saying something that a dozen people have speculated about for months?

Yes but like i said you need to be able to look at stuff like that and determine how likely that sounds. GG for MT was random and had nothing to base that prediction on. Needing BB8 and thus asummimg itll come back right before rey is logical thinking. So when the day of an announcement about rey and you start hearing from multiple that bb8 starts in 2 days is far more believable
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Right here we are talking about f2p - CLS event was 100% f2p - no problems.

I have put in bold some key points you are saying.

* Purchasing crystals - this is not f2p. Although due to my respect for the game on its anniversary, I bought a pack of crystals ($30).

* Accounting for all crystals arena yields - this is very highly dependent on your arena rank (which is due to your play habits being p2p you will rank higher earning more crystals every day).

* Farming VS - I was spending what crystals I could earn on VS when they showed up in the shop. Their shards were and still are expensive for a f2p crystal budget so could only do what I could when I could. I still do.

* Farming VS shards from cantina - Double drops put me over their shards from 3* to 4*, with refreshes. I farm them every day and again refresh when I can and buy shards from the store when I can. I have them both now at 5* - I still have 185 shards each to get them to 7* before the event. The drop rates are terrible. So you must be refreshing quite a lot.

* You did not mention this but there is the question of gear, mods, ability materials, training droids etc etc - getting them to 7* is one thing but making them viable for such an event on top of that is another.

You have to excuse that fact that I simply do not believe you that you only spent $80 - its sadly not possible.

Just because you did not likely spend $1000s like a "whale" does not mean you did not spend money for this event - nor I, and I am 99% f2p.

It does not change what has been said here - this is a p2p event, plain and simple.
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Since it seems likely we’ll get requirements for Rey’s HJ today, thought I’d throw out that we actually got requirements for Luke’s HJ nine days before the event started. Nine days from today is official TLJ drop day...

Not surprising. I’m sure if BB-8 is required he’ll start by the end of the week (probably tomorrow) and they start HJ Rey on the TLJ release date.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    Will Mil Falcon be reuried
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

Right here we are talking about f2p - CLS event was 100% f2p - no problems.

I have put in bold some key points you are saying.

* Purchasing crystals - this is not f2p. Although due to my respect for the game on its anniversary, I bought a pack of crystals ($30).

* Accounting for all crystals arena yields - this is very highly dependent on your arena rank (which is due to your play habits being p2p you will rank higher earning more crystals every day).

* Farming VS - I was spending what crystals I could earn on VS when they showed up in the shop. Their shards were and still are expensive for a f2p crystal budget so could only do what I could when I could. I still do.

* Farming VS shards from cantina - Double drops put me over their shards from 3* to 4*, with refreshes. I farm them every day and again refresh when I can and buy shards from the store when I can. I have them both now at 5* - I still have 185 shards each to get them to 7* before the event. The drop rates are terrible. So you must be refreshing quite a lot.

* You did not mention this but there is the question of gear, mods, ability materials, training droids etc etc - getting them to 7* is one thing but making them viable for such an event on top of that is another.

You have to excuse that fact that I simply do not believe you that you only spent $80 - its sadly not possible.

Just because you did not likely spend $1000s like a "whale" does not mean you did not spend money for this event - nor I, and I am 99% f2p.

It does not change what has been said here - this is a p2p event, plain and simple.

Absolutely P2P.
    I had to throw a vault at them!
  • Options

This is all true. They are all technically f2p - but what you @Dracarys78 are saying is also 100% true.

Statuing that VS farming intime for this Rey event is f2p is madness. Yes they are tagged f2p, but in the time we have, they are p2p.

By extension this Rey even, although tagged f2p is not. It too is p2p. It may be f2p next time but not this time - even though it is tagged as f2p - read the small print.

I'm 57 shards off from Han (Chewy is 7*) and haven't spent a dime. I read the writing on the wall and started pooling my resources ahead of time.

Everything required for Rey has been absolutely free to play - you just had to be prepared. If you're not prepared, she's still free to play - you just have to wait for her to come around next.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

That's possible. It just returned from a border dispute on Ansion.
  • Options

Gotta agree with you. When I think f2p, I don't think "ok, it's f2p as long as I read all the hints ahead of time, made some calculated guesses, and dedicated 100% of my game time to purely farming and building exactly what I assume I'll need. Oh and with the timing I should just barely hit the requirements before the event".

Having to binge all your activity to BARELY make the requirements is not f2p.
  • Options
    Having to binge all your activity to BARELY make the requirements is not f2p.

stop trying to define stuff that's undefinable. Everyone has his or her own idea of "free". Just play the drn game to your own ability and standards and stop trying to shoehorn everyone into f2p, whale, dolphin, or bts
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    would be shocked if 7* Vets are not needed and they didn't get the Resistance tag as well

They don't seem to have any other real use so i assume so too. Just cant understand why they dont just tell us what will be required, i'm happy to spend some money here and there but not just gonna buy stuff 'just in case' all they are doing is stopping me from spending, i wont be panic faming and we'll end up with the big event to coincide with the film release that nobody gets to play! And with marvel strike force around the corner, better communication from them will mean a lot of people tired of this **** will just jump ship and drop swgoh like hot cakes
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »

I'm 57 shards off from Han (Chewy is 7*) and haven't spent a dime. I read the writing on the wall and started pooling my resources ahead of time.

Everything required for Rey has been absolutely free to play - you just had to be prepared. If you're not prepared, she's still free to play - you just have to wait for her to come around next.

How many refreshes a day have you been doing?
  • Options

What does reuried mean?
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »

How many refreshes a day have you been doing?

All 3 per day. And I dug in deep during double drops - went to the 200s one day and the 400s the other.

I've only bought them once from the store (the last 8 shards for Chewy - I couldnt resist).

Granted, I've blown through most of my crystals that I hoarded - but it is what it is.
This discussion has been closed.