• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Synric wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Julmay wrote: »
    seriously, we got a credit heist. yay. quit complaining.

So you want people to be ok with finding out that they have been lied to for an extended time?
    How do you know they lied? See above as to how randomization and predetermined dates aren’t mutually exclusive.

The manual input disqualifies the concept of the event being random. They have complete control of when they do and when they do not want the event to run.

No it doesn’t. No moreso than posting the lottery results in a newspaper makes that non-random. Don’t be so obtusely cynical.

****. That's posted after the fact. In this scenario that would be like them sending a push notification "We had credit heist yesterday".

And regardless of it being random or not they obviously know ahead of time. So just put it on the calendar, or just set a day each week. Telling us when it's going to be isn't going to hurt them. They just like playing this game with people on everything they do and it's annoying.

Ok ok all, now wait. Who is this even supposed to be random for? Us, not them. Think of a coding random number generator. No matter what, that code is only the illusion of random. The program knows the results based on certain input. What matters is that the user sees it as random.

All of you whining that the developers know the schedule ahead of time..
  • Options
    Why does it even matter if the devs manually input it or not? It’s stuff you don’t have to pay for. All this stuff about devs lying.. when have they said these dates are random? Why do they have to tell you when every little thing is happening?
  • Narkosekröte
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    who cares when it takes place as long as it is all the same for every player worldwide ? i tend to feel increasing frustration to this rng thing in this game....not within battles, thats ok but credit heist...one player 3 millios another one 20 millions out of same event ? (extreme positions) and much more the gear lottery....neeh, i quit because otherwise i could argue all night long ;-)
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    omg kill this kitten thread
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Options
    Is this still a thread? Really? Complaining about when they give out free stuff. I mean it was silly at first w the "redacted" but does it matter whether it random or not? Nope it is still free
  • Options
    Well, its Thursday and I havent had a CreditHeist or Training Droids. They could stop the training droidpermanently and I would never run out. They dont have enough toons to possibly ever make me run out. How about running the credit heist 2 times a week. Give us something we could actually use please.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Deell wrote: »
    Well, its Thursday and I havent had a CreditHeist or Training Droids.

These don't run every Thursday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When is the exit heist, I got three new toons that I want to lvl up
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

To clarify, I meant its already Thursday and I havent seen either.
  • Options
    When is the exit heist, I got three new toons that I want to lvl up

The exit heist happens every 13th day on the forum when a credit heist fails to materialize and members leave en masse in numbers of 1.5, 2.5, 5 and 10.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

We had a credit hesit sunday we won't get one again this week.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options

Ok but why would you?

Each runs on a separate 6-12 day schedule. Last credit heist was Sunday so it's too soon for another one today.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If you were my kids, I'd take your credit heist away.
  • Options
    In my day we didn't have heists. We had this other weird system, of course back then credits weren't the problem it's was the training droids.
  • Options
    Synric wrote: »
    seriously, we got a credit heist. yay. quit complaining.

So you want people to be ok with finding out that they have been lied to for an extended time?
    How do you know they lied? See above as to how randomization and predetermined dates aren’t mutually exclusive.

The manual input disqualifies the concept of the event being random. They have complete control of when they do and when they do not want the event to run.

No it doesn’t. No moreso than posting the lottery results in a newspaper makes that non-random. Don’t be so obtusely cynical.

****. That's posted after the fact. In this scenario that would be like them sending a push notification "We had credit heist yesterday".

And regardless of it being random or not they obviously know ahead of time. So just put it on the calendar, or just set a day each week. Telling us when it's going to be isn't going to hurt them. They just like playing this game with people on everything they do and it's annoying.

Unknowns are a necessary part of the game. If everything was perfectly predictable, there would be no mystery, no intrigue, no attraction, no fun.

Sure things we don't know can irritate us, but they are still drawing our attention and focus... they are attracting our attention and focus... they are attractive.

The things you are complaining about are the very elements that make anything hold our attention for long periods of time. Do people watch laundry spin over and over? No, because it is predictable.

The mere fact that you are so worked up about not knowing just shows how important a tool it is in maintaining interest.

It's not about random vs. not. It's about them knowing and you not knowing. Well them knowing ahead of time doesn't make it not random, and not telling us doesn't make them liars.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    6-12 days puts the average at 9 days... which is about 3 heists a month. If they went the maximum we would only get 2 a month.

As long as we average 3 a month it is okay. 4 would be better. If we get 2 a month for a couple of months, then I might complain.

I mean, it would still be in their specified range, but the maximum 5 times in a row doesn't seem very random.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    6-12 days puts the average at 9 days... which is about 3 heists a month. If they went the maximum we would only get 2 a month.

As long as we average 3 a month it is okay. 4 would be better. If we get 2 a month for a couple of months, then I might complain.

I think the real time average is like 7 days.
    I do see the arguments for both sides though. Credits are needed more so now than ever with tb. But we do get them frequently enough.
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I just [redacted] my cousins [redacted] when she [redacted] on my [redacted].

I [redacted] her with my lightsaber of [redacted] and promptly [redacted] all her training droids and credits.

Randomly

Looks like a Mad Lib! lol
  • Options

If we were your kids we would take away the credit heists away ourselves
  • Options

I mean, it would still be in their specified range, but the maximum 5 times in a row doesn't seem very random.

I’d challenge you on that cuz that’s not how math works in the CG world. 5-330 shards sure doesn’t mean you get an avg drop of 167 shards per pull. :)
  • Options
    Vorgen wrote: »

I’d challenge you on that cuz that’s not how math works in the CG world. 5-330 shards sure doesn’t mean you get an avg drop of 167 shards per pull. :)

Wait, thats not what you pull? Next, you'll probably say you don't average 5.75 mil per credit heist run.
  • Options
    I have recieved several notifications over the past week about credit heists from the app. But there is no credit heist. This is mean.
  • Options
    I too got a push notification saying a credit heist started today at 12:00 central time. Reloaded the game and still nothing showed up. Don't toy with my emotions like this EA!
  • Options
    What’s the average threads per hour about these heist notifications being sent? Seems to be every time they are moved a new one pops up
  • Options
    What’s the average threads per hour about these heist notifications being sent? Seems to be every time they are moved a new one pops up

Which doesn't make any sense, since moving them is supposed to absolutely increase exposure and maximise visibility.
  • Options
    Step it up Ea. Make us all happy and give us some credit(s). Is that such a terrible idea?
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    Step it up Ea. Make us all happy and give us some credit(s). Is that such a terrible idea?

I'm less concerned with the false notification than I am about some people claiming that they were actually able to participate. If some people were able to actual do a credit heist, would be nice if CG threw us a bone. Otherwise, false notification isn't really that big of a deal.

They are trolling you .
  • Options
    You guys might want to read the 50 posts on this topic. It was an error. No credit heist today.

"How rude!" - C-3PO