Heist/Smuggling update

Replies

• TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    What’s the average threads per hour about these heist notifications being sent?

You can check crouchingrancorheistnotificationhistory.com.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    this is the kind of thing that happens when you invest more money in Forum moderators to keep things hush-hush than you do on your QA team.
  • Options
    Dear people in charge of push notifications,

If you cannot notify responsibly, please do not notify at all. It is false advertising and very annoying.
  • Options
    Many people in our guild also got these notifications about a credit heist, but no actual event.
  • Options
    I agree! False notifications should be reason to trigger a real credit heist as an appropriate apology!
  • Options

TVF wrote: »

I’m not saying about how often the credit heist comes around, today there’s been a lot people annoyed at getting push notifications when there is no heist
  • Options
    LOL. So there was a little mistake in a push notification. That surely deserves 5 pages of anger. I'm the first to complain or whine when something bad happens, but this is way too much.
  • SavageFoghorn
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A little mistake? Twice? This happened with the droid smuggling earlier this week and now the credit heist? I sincerely expect better.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I’m not saying about how often the credit heist comes around, today there’s been a lot people annoyed at getting push notifications when there is no heist

Joke failed to land.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Not a problem for me.
    I have push notifications turned off.
  • Options
    Not cool
  • Options
    it quite frankly is false advertising....they should have a credit heist just to make up for it....but they wont, they will just ignore us, pretty much like they almost always do.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    it quite frankly is false advertising....they should have a credit heist just to make up for it....but they wont, they will just ignore us, pretty much like they almost always do.

They posted something about it a while ago. People need to get over themselves
  • Options
    Or they could, you know, provide customer service and just run a credit heist...
  • Options
    Anyone recall the original post? Was it supposed to be a Credit Heist today?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Whenever we feel it's necessary...

This has come up a lot recently, from the release cadence where we had clear expectations to whatever we want because it's just something we thought was necessary

Now the credit heist and droid smuggling is whenever we feel it's necessary.

Most people need 2 credit heists a day unless they have been playing and hoarding their resources for a year.

What advantage do we have just knowing what to expect ?

What release cadence are we following now?

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    The one that says no more easy credits for you.
  • Options
    +1 can't believe a word they say anymore.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    jackstraw wrote: »
    this is the kind of thing that happens when you invest more money in Forum moderators to keep things hush-hush than you do on your QA team.

wait we get paid??? they told me i was a volunteer...
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

+1 and on a personal note, sorry you had to deal with all this nonsense over and over today. The adults appriciate you, lol
  • Options

I passed because if I was a mod, I wouldn't be able to yell at people for being whiny and/or entitled as much as I do and the only thing that could make up for that would be a paycheck ;)

Like, there's nothing I want more right now than to tell everyone in this thread to shut up and grow up, but I've already got two points on my record right now so instead I guess I should say: Guys, calm down. Everyone gets the same number of heists. There was a mix-up that threw the schedule off last week and this week, but it'll work itself out and the proper 6-12 days (but not on weekends or both at once) schedule will remain intact.

If the worst thing that ever happens to you in your life is that the heist that was supposed to happen on Friday gets pushed back to Monday because we had a make-up heist on Sunday, then you're going to live.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Which schedule, the randomly generated new one or the randomly generated old one? Oh wait, they were never randomly generated.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update
    NicWester wrote: »

I passed because if I was a mod, I wouldn't be able to yell at people for being whiny and/or entitled as much as I do and the only thing that could make up for that would be a paycheck ;)

Like, there's nothing I want more right now than to tell everyone in this thread to shut up and grow up, but I've already got two points on my record right now so instead I guess I should say: Guys, calm down. Everyone gets the same number of heists. There was a mix-up that threw the schedule off last week and this week, but it'll work itself out and the proper 6-12 days (but not on weekends or both at once) schedule will remain intact.

If the worst thing that ever happens to you in your life is that the heist that was supposed to happen on Friday gets pushed back to Monday because we had a make-up heist on Sunday, then you're going to live.

• Options

This guy....

"I wish you would all shut up and grow up."

*posts paragraph whining about people whining*
  • Options

+1 and on a personal note, sorry you had to deal with all this nonsense over and over today. The adults appriciate you, lol

Adults spell appreciate correctly, but yeah @Kyno has to deal with CG's missteps
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    snowhut wrote: »
    Which schedule, the randomly generated new one or the randomly generated old one? Oh wait, they were never randomly generated.

Hi. We don't know how they're generated. All we know is that there was a training droid heist last week in place of the credit heist that was supposed to be there, so they corrected it by adding a credit heist on Sunday. That means that to stick to the schedule (6-12 days, no weekends or same day) there couldn't be one this week, so the credit heist that would have been today gets pushed into next week.

The net result of all this is that we get the same number of credit heists and one extra training droid heist. But no one wants to look at it this way, because it would mean they can't get irrationally mad about being given free stuff--so thank God there was a Marquee Event this week so folks can be outraged that they were given two characters and ships and almost 2m credits.

We don't know how they determine when heists will happen. Maybe they roll dice. Maybe they perform a Roman augury rite and if a sparrow flies east-to-west it's 8 days. Maybe they throw darts. Maybe there's a true randomizer that generates days on a calendar. Maybe they just ask the janitor "Should we do the heist today?" Who knows or cares so long as it falls within the advertised 6-12 days (Excluding weekends and blah, blah, blah...). Does it matter how it works?
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

This guy....

Oh, gosh, ya got me... Now I'm going to go to LiveJournal and post and post an update, then sob myself to sleep because you've exposed me to my core....
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

This guy....

Oh, gosh, ya got me... Now I'm going to go to LiveJournal and post and post an update, then sob myself to sleep because you've exposed me to my core....

Ok dude.
  • Options

Whatever you reckon, Mr Nobody sir!

Telling people to calm down because people are getting on your nerves. Get over yourself. Or become a mod.

And what the hell does your last comment even mean? I'm pretty sure we all die in the end. But your logic...
  • Options
    snowhut wrote: »

Hi. We don't know how they're generated. All we know is that there was a training droid heist last week in place of the credit heist that was supposed to be there, so they corrected it by adding a credit heist on Sunday. That means that to stick to the schedule (6-12 days, no weekends or same day) there couldn't be one this week, so the credit heist that would have been today gets pushed into next week.

The net result of all this is that we get the same number of credit heists and one extra training droid heist. But no one wants to look at it this way, because it would mean they can't get irrationally mad about being given free stuff--so thank God there was a Marquee Event this week so folks can be outraged that they were given two characters and ships and almost 2m credits.

We don't know how they determine when heists will happen. Maybe they roll dice. Maybe they perform a Roman augury rite and if a sparrow flies east-to-west it's 8 days. Maybe they throw darts. Maybe there's a true randomizer that generates days on a calendar. Maybe they just ask the janitor "Should we do the heist today?" Who knows or cares so long as it falls within the advertised 6-12 days (Excluding weekends and blah, blah, blah...). Does it matter how it works?

Did you even read the post? They are random to the extent that they don't publish when they're going to have one. Also in that post, she says that moving forward they may not adhere to the previous cadence.

Based on your previous posts in this thread, you seemed to care very much how it worked, enough so that you felt the need to 'explain' randomness once again and condescendingly correct people that were bothered that the heists weren't randomly generated like we've been led to believe.

Any upcoming changes to the cadence could very well be in our favor, but it's highly unlikely. People have good reason to be cynical towards many of the actions CG take, especially since it's EA talking heads steering the ship. And what you call whining is what prevents them from taking even more drastic steps to maximize profit. Look up the Battlefront 2 loot boxes to see what the 'whiners' were able to prevent. Things that happen here matter, especially with EAs propensity for swallowing up successful and entertaining IPs and their increased efforts to trickle down F2P mobile gaming monetization models into the broader gaming industry.