Heist/Smuggling update

Replies

• Options
    snowhut wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Which schedule, the randomly generated new one or the randomly generated old one? Oh wait, they were never randomly generated.

Hi. We don't know how they're generated. All we know is that there was a training droid heist last week in place of the credit heist that was supposed to be there, so they corrected it by adding a credit heist on Sunday. That means that to stick to the schedule (6-12 days, no weekends or same day) there couldn't be one this week, so the credit heist that would have been today gets pushed into next week.

The net result of all this is that we get the same number of credit heists and one extra training droid heist. But no one wants to look at it this way, because it would mean they can't get irrationally mad about being given free stuff--so thank God there was a Marquee Event this week so folks can be outraged that they were given two characters and ships and almost 2m credits.

We don't know how they determine when heists will happen. Maybe they roll dice. Maybe they perform a Roman augury rite and if a sparrow flies east-to-west it's 8 days. Maybe they throw darts. Maybe there's a true randomizer that generates days on a calendar. Maybe they just ask the janitor "Should we do the heist today?" Who knows or cares so long as it falls within the advertised 6-12 days (Excluding weekends and blah, blah, blah...). Does it matter how it works?

Did you even read the post? They are random to the extent that they don't publish when they're going to have one. Also in that post, she says that moving forward they may not adhere to the previous cadence.

Based on your previous posts in this thread, you seemed to care very much how it worked, enough so that you felt the need to 'explain' randomness once again and condescendingly correct people that were bothered that the heists weren't randomly generated like we've been led to believe.

Any upcoming changes to the cadence could very well be in our favor, but it's highly unlikely. People have good reason to be cynical towards many of the actions CG take, especially since it's EA talking heads steering the ship. And what you call whining is what prevents them from taking even more drastic steps to maximize profit. Look up the Battlefront 2 loot boxes to see what the 'whiners' were able to prevent. Things that happen here matter, especially with EAs propensity for swallowing up successful and entertaining IPs and their increased efforts to trickle down F2P mobile gaming monetization models into the broader gaming industry.

I'd say you are wasting your breath trying to argue with a brick wall - but it's probably most likely an EA/CG plant instead.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Any upcoming changes to the cadence could very well be in our favor, but it's highly unlikely. People have good reason to be cynical towards many of the actions CG take,

I’m still eagerly holding by breath to find out how they’ll introduce the crystal booster pack back in the game, because the mantra of giving a customer less value for more money is strong with these companies.
  • Options
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Which schedule, the randomly generated new one or the randomly generated old one? Oh wait, they were never randomly generated.

Hi. We don't know how they're generated. All we know is that there was a training droid heist last week in place of the credit heist that was supposed to be there, so they corrected it by adding a credit heist on Sunday. That means that to stick to the schedule (6-12 days, no weekends or same day) there couldn't be one this week, so the credit heist that would have been today gets pushed into next week.

The net result of all this is that we get the same number of credit heists and one extra training droid heist. But no one wants to look at it this way, because it would mean they can't get irrationally mad about being given free stuff--so thank God there was a Marquee Event this week so folks can be outraged that they were given two characters and ships and almost 2m credits.

We don't know how they determine when heists will happen. Maybe they roll dice. Maybe they perform a Roman augury rite and if a sparrow flies east-to-west it's 8 days. Maybe they throw darts. Maybe there's a true randomizer that generates days on a calendar. Maybe they just ask the janitor "Should we do the heist today?" Who knows or cares so long as it falls within the advertised 6-12 days (Excluding weekends and blah, blah, blah...). Does it matter how it works?

Did you even read the post? They are random to the extent that they don't publish when they're going to have one. Also in that post, she says that moving forward they may not adhere to the previous cadence.

Based on your previous posts in this thread, you seemed to care very much how it worked, enough so that you felt the need to 'explain' randomness once again and condescendingly correct people that were bothered that the heists weren't randomly generated like we've been led to believe.

Any upcoming changes to the cadence could very well be in our favor, but it's highly unlikely. People have good reason to be cynical towards many of the actions CG take, especially since it's EA talking heads steering the ship. And what you call whining is what prevents them from taking even more drastic steps to maximize profit. Look up the Battlefront 2 loot boxes to see what the 'whiners' were able to prevent. Things that happen here matter, especially with EAs propensity for swallowing up successful and entertaining IPs and their increased efforts to trickle down F2P mobile gaming monetization models into the broader gaming industry.

I'd say you are wasting your breath trying to argue with a brick wall - but it's probably most likely an EA/CG plant instead.

Yes cause anyone that isnt complaining about everything must be a plant....smh. Have you ever thought that maybe if this community did whine about EVERYTHING that CGd be willing to do more for us? Idk, after yesterday i wouldnt blame them for not giving us something for their mistake. People acting like their lives were ruined.
  • Options
    slugbahr wrote: »

OH NO I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT! Guess I'll have to contact George Soros for my severence pay because Alex Jones over here exposed me...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok well that was fun....

So how about that credit heist update.

OyzXbTV.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't see Kozispoon's post. Meh. So long as I get 3-4 a month I don't care.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    jackstraw wrote: »
    this is the kind of thing that happens when you invest more money in Forum moderators to keep things hush-hush than you do on your QA team.

wait we get paid??? they told me i was a volunteer...

I passed because if I was a mod, I wouldn't be able to yell at people for being whiny and/or entitled as much as I do and the only thing that could make up for that would be a paycheck ;)

Like, there's nothing I want more right now than to tell everyone in this thread to shut up and grow up, but I've already got two points on my record right now so instead I guess I should say: Guys, calm down. Everyone gets the same number of heists. There was a mix-up that threw the schedule off last week and this week, but it'll work itself out and the proper 6-12 days (but not on weekends or both at once) schedule will remain intact.

If the worst thing that ever happens to you in your life is that the heist that was supposed to happen on Friday gets pushed back to Monday because we had a make-up heist on Sunday, then you're going to live.

+1
  • Options
    [Redacted] is what I think of the changes.

Match character releases and events... mhm whatever.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Its called customer service. You know how much acclaim and good favor the devs would get if they said "Yes, our mistake, so heres a credit heist on us" Doesnt cost them anything, and they make the player base happy. Its a win-win. You should never give up a win-win in business.....
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Its called customer service. You know how much acclaim and good favor the devs would get if they said "Yes, our mistake, so heres a credit heist on us" Doesnt cost them anything, and they make the player base happy. Its a win-win. You should never give up a win-win in business.....

They prefer the lose lose scenarios.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    At least they could take the blame instead of blaming a "rogue" notification (that they wrote the code for)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »
    Whenever we feel it's necessary...

This has come up a lot recently, from the release cadence where we had clear expectations to whatever we want because it's just something we thought was necessary

Now the credit heist and droid smuggling is whenever we feel it's necessary.

Most people need 2 credit heists a day unless they have been playing and hoarding their resources for a year.

What advantage do we have just knowing what to expect ?

What release cadence are we following now?

Yup. I get terrified whenever the devs say "we feel", since they're so out of touch with the playerbase. They're getting better, but not enough to be able to make important calls based on their "feelings".
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Qui-Gon Jinn: But credits will do fine.
    Watto: No, they won't-a.
    [Qui-Gon waves his hand more firmly]
    Qui-Gon Jinn: Credits will do fine.
    Watto: No, they won't-a! What? You think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money!

B)
  • Options

That's... Literally what they did. They made a mistake last week by giving us two droid heists and then gave us a credit heist on Sunday.
  • Options

Yes, I know exactly how much acclaim they would get. About five people would say thanks while thousands would find something to complain about.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes, I know exactly how much acclaim they would get. About five people would say thanks while thousands would find something to complain about.

:wink:
  • Options
    How cool would it be if credit heist and droids was one big event that comes once each month and brings some big rewards.

The event lasts 2 days and you get to attack an imperial convoy full of credits and droids. You fight strormtroopers, imperial officers, a walker and royal guards. On your way out on the next day you fight some more badass units like Krennic and his deathtroopers and eventually Vader and Thrawn!

You get more rewards the more phases you can complete but overall you get some more credits overall than a month's worth of credit heists.

The difficulty of the event will progress with each tier you complete but to get it done all the way you'll need to have approximately gear 10 scoundrels and phoenix squad! Phoenix used to loot the empire all the time.

In addition you can earn some shards of Empire characters which are much needed in lue of the dark side TB!

Let me know what you think about this! I know that adding phoenix into heist and droids might seem kind of a **** move for newer players however they will eventually have to farm them for Thrawn anyways.

In order to maximize the rewards you'll have to have both phoenix and scoundrels. If you don't have one of the two squads then you will still get great rewards but not maximized.

I strongly believe that credit heist and droids has become very boring and a very standard event that I just put on auto an get it done. It's not very satisfying, it's overly simplistic and I would much rather face the full force of the empire in a big badass heist of an imperial vault instead!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cracked the 'make mine a double' thing.

I don't have a well thought out analysis or spreadsheets to back up my claim, but they are combining the training droid heist with the credit heist together and keeping it on the same current 'random' rotation for those at level 85, right?! So we get double the fun?

star-wars-commando-dance.gif

• Options
    Are they serious?? The cadence was just fine with droids and credit heist before territory battles came out. Training droids came out between Monday and Wednesday and credit heist usually a couple days later. And back to back omega events on the weekend. Then territory battles launched and everything went out the door. Did they pull personnel to run tb?? Why did tb suddenly throw a wrench into a schedule that was fine already.
  • Options
    Called it. Both heists at the same time everytime for now on?
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Called it. Both heists at the same time everytime for now on?

Yes and twice a week and double rewards from now on
  • Options
    Wrong. Dec is the anniversary of the game. Which usually means double drops in cantina, regular battles and get for a few days. Plus bonus on all crystal packs.
  • Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    Wrong. Dec is the anniversary of the game. Which usually means double drops in cantina, regular battles and get for a few days. Plus bonus on all crystal packs.

"Usually" ?! There has only been one anniversary before this one, also it is on November not December .

Also double drops wouldn't be on "what's ahead" which has been a character release of some kind every time
  • Options
    Take your RoS Chewie shards and be grateful.
  • Options
    Can drop droid smuggling event or add a new bonus level for needed gears? I auto through it every-time because not leaving anything on the table is the only way to ensure your guppy-hood means something... if you're lucky you get two piece towards something meaningful, but it's mostly raid gear or stuff we already have thousands of pieces of..
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    CG_Kozispoon
    CG_Kozispoon
    2851 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › DEV TEAM November 10, 2017 7:08PM edited November 10
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,
    I'd like to provide clarification regarding Credit Heist and Droid Smuggling Events.
    Credit Heists are indeed scheduled by us.
    They are "random" insofar as we do not post the dates on the official forums.
    Per posts made in the past (over a year ago) by our helpful devs, we initially sought to follow a cadence and window of time in which Credit Heists and Droid Smuggling events would launch.
    Going forward, know that we'll be working to better meet the needs of upcoming in-game events, Character releases, and so forth. Our schedule moving forward may not adhere to previous cadences, but don't fret, we'll continue to run them regularly!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
    Flag

You know that players not knowing the date of the smugglers event doesn't equal to random, right?
    I guess you don't want us to know some some desperate players spend money on credits and droids, but whatever.
    I hate the plavlovian aproach developers have to these things, it's not like this game doesn't make money, right?
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ok well that was fun....

OyzXbTV.jpg

[super star wars nerding] tsssssssssssssssssssssssssss it was red leader that said that (well stay on target) not porkins [/super star wars nerding]
  • Options
    Ok well that was fun....

OyzXbTV.jpg

[super star wars nerding] tsssssssssssssssssssssssssss it was red leader that said that (well stay on target) not porkins [/super star wars nerding]

Maybe Porkins was off topic, and Red Leader was telling him over the intercom?

Nerd+1
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    I just wish the rewards weren't random. Add a bonus tier for guaranteed 10 mil first completion, 5 mil every time after that.