Free 4* Kylo Ren with Star Wars Battlefront 2 Unlocking

Replies

• Options
    Definitely no shards for me...and no sign of any mail in inbox either. Restarted several times and still not there.
  • Options
    Didn't get my shards

Still hoping to get these shards.

Still nothing. :(
    Still Kylo shards elude me.
  • Options
    Again, check your inbox.
    I'm getting BF2 - for sure - I was hoping there'd be some kind of cross over to this game. This isn't quite the same, but I'll take it. Arigatou CG, it's kind of like handing over a bunch of guns and cuffs, in a way.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    You folks who didn't get the shards probably need to contact customer support or post in the bugs and issues forum.
  • Options
    Same here. Both my kids have underaged accounts and got nothing too. Really bad if this is intentional, why disappoint the kids?
    Swgoh_fox wrote: »
    Do you all have underage (under 18) accounts? I received the shards but my son who has an underage account did not.

Proud member of BIER DTA.
    DTA_Ovi, https://swgoh.gg/u/dta ovi/
  • Options
    Again, check your inbox.

We're not incompetent. We haven't received the pop up or the shards. The number of my Kylo shards hasn't magically increased by 80. Something is off with the way the promo is being distributed.
    skywhopper wrote: »
    You folks who didn't get the shards probably need to contact customer support or post in the bugs and issues forum.

Don't worry, that is happening, too.
  • Zhewbacca
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think I know why some (including me) didn’t get any shards; underage accounts. In an underage account you don’t get pop ups and therefore not a Kylo as they think it’s not ok to give underage people commercials. D@ck move if you ask me
  • Options
    Zhewbacca wrote: »
    I think I know why some (including me) didn’t get any shards; underage accounts. In an underage account you don’t get pop ups and therefore not a Kylo as they think it’s not ok to give underage people commercials. D@ck move if you ask me

I don't have an underage account and I got 0 shards :'(
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Clear data from app settings. Worked for me on all my accounts had to clear data everytime.
  • Options
    Look I know what i saw and read.
    Regular kylo wears a mask photo was unmasked kylo.
    Amd it did state unmasked kylo.
    Like i said i should have taken screenshot .

You probably got the pop up advertising the pack in the store that gives you 25 shards for $20 or whatever, which would make unmasked Kylo 4* if you managed to beat all the tiers to get the max available shards from the event. The BF2 promotion is most definitely 80 masked Kylo shards.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    We should have more information regarding this promotion on the forums soon. Thanks for your patience!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Sixplicit
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Shards just came through for me when I opened app. No need to do anything special. Did not go to any link. I am iOS.
  • Options
    hjrQWMq
  • Jenlogic
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That's strange it works for me and I don't even have the game
  • Options
    Haven’t gotten my shards either. Doesn’t help every time you request a call from EA you get someone you don’t understand and then when they say their going to transfer you to tech support you just sit on hold for 10 minutes with no response..
  • Options
    i think i have inadvertantly come across the answers in answers.... it looks like you can get the shards from the device you used to originally start the game... so if you started on a ipad, you should be able to get them from a ipad.... if you started the hame on an iphone then you'll need to use an iphone....

i started on a ipad.... but ruined said ipad by sitting on it and cracking the screen.. so moved to using the game on iphone only!... so i tried the iphone this morning.. nothing there!... saw someone say they had the same issue... went and got cracked ipad out of storage, bit of charge, and it worked and updated shards from ipad!

hope this helps someone... anyone!
  • Snare
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    sarcyspice wrote: »
    i think i have inadvertantly come across the answers in answers.... it looks like you can get the shards from the device you used to originally start the game... so if you started on a ipad, you should be able to get them from a ipad.... if you started the hame on an iphone then you'll need to use an iphone....

i started on a ipad.... but ruined said ipad by sitting on it and cracking the screen.. so moved to using the game on iphone only!... so i tried the iphone this morning.. nothing there!... saw someone say they had the same issue... went and got cracked ipad out of storage, bit of charge, and it worked and updated shards from ipad!

hope this helps someone... anyone!

I can try and test this theory unless EA has a fix before then. I may have started the game on my iPad Pro.. though I could have sworn I started it on my iPhone.

• Options
    One of my accounts got kylo, the other did not. I've tried all the above posted solutions to no avail. I can get the free kylo gift flash screen to pop up all day long by doing the clearing the app data, opening up heroes and logging into my google play account, but alas, no unlocks, no shards, no kylo.
  • Options
    Snare wrote: »
    Doesn’t help every time you request a call from EA you get someone you don’t understand and then when they say their going to transfer you to tech support you just sit on hold for 10 minutes with no response..

And their ultimate response was to post here.
  • Options
    I assumed it was an ad screen and closed it, didn't get anything. Restarted, rebooted, no luck. Cleared cache, no luck, then cleared app data (both in the Android settings/apps area). Got logged in and the pop-up came, shards were in the inbox, converted to 1200 currency. I see someone else who tried that and it didn't work, but hopefully it will help some people.
  • Kozispoon
    edited November 2017
    Options
    <<DEV POST>>
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,
    In celebration of the impending release of Battlefront II, we’re offering a promotion to YOU, our prodigious Players. Please see below for further information on how to receive your very own Kylo Ren!

To redeem your in-game character:
    • Download Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes by going to Starwarsgalaxyofheroes.com/kyloren
    • Complete in-game tutorial and get to Level 8.
    • An in-game message will grant you a FREE Kylo Ren (4 syar) character for your Squad.
    • Existing Players will receive Kylo Ren Character Shards.

How long does this promotion last?
    This promotion will run through February 1st, 2018
    Do I need to get Battlefront II to get this promotion?
    No! This promotion is open to all Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Players.
    I can’t get this promotion on my other account. What gives?
    This promotion is Limited to one per device. Meaning that if you log onto multiple accounts via the same device, you will only receive the promotion once. In order to receive the promotion on multiple accounts, you will need to access it via another device.
    I am underage and didn’t get the promotion
    We're sorry to inform you that per our age restriction agreements, pop up ads are not allowed on underage accounts. So if you have an underage account, you will not be eligible for this promotion.
    Are any countries excluded in this promotion?
    This promotion should be available in countries where our game is available.
    I meet all the above criteria, but am still encountering issues
    For further assistance with this promotion, please contact EA Help at http://help.ea.com.

Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon ea support told me to post here becUse they don’t know anything about the promotion.
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    dsteve wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon ea support told me to post here becUse they don’t know anything about the promotion.

Lemme toss you a PM and see' what's what.
  • Options

I too have contacted EA, requested a call back and the woman on the phone hasnt a clue what I’m talking about. I have also made repeated attempts to log in and log out of the game checked my inbox, I have gotten nothing.. I’m level 84. I got the pop up ad this morning and clicked ok and nothing happened..
  • Options
    any countries excluded from this promotion?
  • Options

I’ve got the same issue, my account isn’t an under age one and I only run 1 account. Not had the pop up or shards
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    Sonido wrote: »

Good question! This promotion should be available in countries where our game is available. I'll append this to the FAQs.
  • Options
    Sonido wrote: »

Good question! This promotion should be available in countries where our game is available. I'll append this to the FAQs.

so it looks like game is not available in Russia, coz none of the accounts registered to Russia got it in my guild and all over community
  • Options
    Well this was a pleasant surprise.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Deleting the app and reinstalling on iOS worked to get my 2nd account Kylo shards.