Free 4* Kylo Ren with Star Wars Battlefront 2 Unlocking

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for the Kylo shards, personally would have preferred FOST but I'll take currency for gear!
    Keep these great promos coming Devs!
  • Options
    Shoulda been unmasked kylo
  • DIM
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Still did not get the shards. Need just have to wait?
  • Options
    It's beyond unfair that because I accidentally started my game on an underage account, I'm forever stuck getting the middle finger from this game. Why does it have to be a pop up ad? Why can't the shards be dropped into your inbox like EVERY other message. EA will gladly take my money, but I can't participate in guild chat, be an officer, change my in-game ID, and now, be eligible for a promotion intended for everyone. What a kick in the gut. Let me know if anyone has a thought...
  • Options
    It's beyond unfair that because I accidentally started my game on an underage account, I'm forever stuck getting the middle finger from this game. Why does it have to be a pop up ad? Why can't the shards be dropped into your inbox like EVERY other message. EA will gladly take my money, but I can't participate in guild chat, be an officer, change my in-game ID, and now, be eligible for a promotion intended for everyone. What a kick in the gut. Let me know if anyone has a thought...

Hmm after the popup I got the shards in an inbox message, im surprised that even without seeing the popup you didnt get the shards in your inbox. Do you have 2 accounts?

Also I know its possible to have them transfer your game content from an ios to android device by having you create a new account on the new device and they just overwrite the new account with the old account data. I wonder if you could make a new account with the right age selected and then have them transfer to that account if that would work or if it would transfer the age selection aswell. Worth looking into I would think
  • Options
    Like someone else who posted above, I finally got the shards immediately after deleting the app (iOS) and reinstalling.
  • Options
    A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. 1,000 shard shop currency for me.
  • Options
    DIM wrote: »

Don´t know if you use Android. I need to log out my account and login again. After do that, I receive the Kylo!!
  • BadWolfWill
    64 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I still have not received a pop up or the 80 Kylo shards. I have restarted the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, logged out of and into Game Center for iOS, and restarted my phone. I am playing on my original device, only have one account, and don't have an underage account. Nothing has worked.

EA Help has not been helpful and Answers HQ has provided no answers. Additional suggestions are welcome.
  • Options
    Sure love seeing a 4 star unmasked Kylo just waste an entire team by himself. Wish I had all the mats to level him.
  • DarthGugel
    175 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Is there any way to send the kylo shards to everyone's inbox so that people are not excluded.from the giveaway. My friend is 13 and is 80
    Shards away from getting 7* Kylo Ren. @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options

I am in the same situation. And I am incredibly upset about it, not just for this promotion but in general. There surely has to be a way for CG to change this setting for us? With the amount of money I have spent on this game it seems only fair that errant account settings be rectified so we are not unjustly punished.

Can @CG_Kozispoon help with this?
  • Options
    I have the same problem of getting the pop up but no shards :(
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options

I am in the same situation. And I am incredibly upset about it, not just for this promotion but in general. There surely has to be a way for CG to change this setting for us? With the amount of money I have spent on this game it seems only fair that errant account settings be rectified so we are not unjustly punished.

Can @CG_Kozispoon help with this?

I wouldn't say you're being unjustly punished if the thing being offered is only available under certain criteria you don't meet based on information you provided yourself, mistake or not. However, why they didn't just send it to everyone's inbox without it being tied to a pop-up is beyond me. Seems rather silly.
  • DIM
    10 posts Member
    Options
    KnightRK wrote: »
    DIM wrote: »

Don´t know if you use Android. I need to log out my account and login again. After do that, I receive the Kylo!!

Yes, Android, Galaxy S8. I tried everything, even reinstalled the game. There is no effect.
  • Options

There's always one!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Should have been CLS
  • Options
    Dok wrote: »
    However, why they didn't just send it to everyone's inbox without it being tied to a pop-up is beyond me. Seems rather silly.
    Zhewbacca wrote: »
    I think I know why some (including me) didn’t get any shards; underage accounts. In an underage account you don’t get pop ups and therefore not a Kylo as they think it’s not ok to give underage people commercials. D@ck move if you ask me
    Same here. Both my kids have underaged accounts and got nothing too. Really bad if this is intentional, why disappoint the kids?

And from Reddit:
    (Quote from PowerSmite) ... effectively they said kids can't have this free shards in this game aimed at kids. Welcome to marketing - emulating internet explorer since 1996 :)

(Quote from DTA_Ovi) I mean really guys. Kids love gifts and mine were really disappointed that they didn't get the same gift daddy got. They immediately closed the app and started playing roblox instead. Can't blaim them

Seems reasonable right? @CG_Kozispoon Can you guys target a make-up action to the kids?
    Proud member of BIER DTA.
    DTA_Ovi, https://swgoh.gg/u/dta ovi/
  • Options
    80 shards for free. Very good since my Kylo was 4*, he's now almost 6*.
  • Options

Sorry to sidetrack, but...
    Underage accounts are restricted in certain aspects of gameplay, BUT ARE ABLE TO DRAIN THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS TO PURCHASE THINGS??

That's disgusting!!
    Shame on you, EA/CG/DISNEY!
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    the shards are bound to the BF2 advertisement and in multiple countrys, UK for example, underage children are not allowed to be subjected to advertisements for 'online games' and as BF2 is an online game, it's just simply forbidden to target them with that advertisement and the benefits of it.
    as soon as BF2 is mentioned, either in the message or popup, it's illegal for kids to recieve it.
  • Options
    I got my 4* kylo.

I put him in my 7* kylo’s pocket.
  • Options
    slugbahr wrote: »

Underage accounts are restricted in certain aspects of gameplay, BUT ARE ABLE TO DRAIN THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS TO PURCHASE THINGS??

That's disgusting!!

Why does your kid know your password?
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

That's disgusting!!

I think you misunderstood his point. He was simply pointing out the irony of the fact that a "minor account" can make purchases without limitation, but can't receive a free gift.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That's disgusting!!

I think you misunderstood his point. He was simply pointing out the irony of the fact that a "minor account" can make purchases without limitation, but can't receive a free gift.

The assumption is that because kids can’t have credit cards, if the account buys something it’s the parent making the purchase.
  • Options
    I started a second account to just pass time, not taking it seriously, but upon doing so I got a pop up that stated I would receive 80 Kylo shards fir reaching level 8. I'm at 22 now and have received nothing. I don't really care so much but found it interesting. On my real account I did get 80 Kylo shards which I don't need, and I've never touched Battlefront.
  • Options

That's disgusting!!

U beat me to it
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    I started a second account to just pass time, not taking it seriously, but upon doing so I got a pop up that stated I would receive 80 Kylo shards fir reaching level 8. I'm at 22 now and have received nothing. I don't really care so much but found it interesting. On my real account I did get 80 Kylo shards which I don't need, and I've never touched Battlefront.

you need another device or reinstall the game to get shards to second account
  • Options
    I'm sick and tired of spending 144 energy and only getting one shard or one piece of gear. Stop beating up your customers it's ridiculous. Your business model sucks. I will not pay money for Ewoks, nightsisters or any other old and tired version of a character that you can make a whole team of. 1600 pieces of one type of gear on hand but your entire guild needs the same piece....its a you know what movie. You're getting beaten up in the press pretty good and I think you deserve it.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    DasMurich wrote: »

You only get one redemption per device (I think Kozi may have stated it can only be redeemed on your original account as well). Some tricky people have uninstalled/reinstalled to circumvent this, though clearing data/cache would probably work as well. Imo, not really worth the time, but to each his own.