Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• Options
    Now that we have the Hoth Wampa we need the mountain dwelling Wampas that Dash Rendarr went up against in Shadows of the Empire too! Not Dash Rendarr though.
  • Kit_Fisto
    58 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So many cool characters in the SW Universe and they add Wampa. WT kittens am I seeing?
    Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • Options
    Dear devs i hope this is a joke please hire someone to go on forums and find out what your fan base wants before you drop trough and BM all over us.
  • Options
    I enjoy the idea of animals being playable characters, but maybe that's cause I'm a biologist and love how there's a whole world of monstrous species in SW universe. But yeah, I don't love the DS tag for Wampa! But to create a "nature/neutral" faction would be too much trouble

And for those asking for more known characters, they will come, eventually. Just look how many toons we got this year. Nihilus, Talzin, CLS, a lot o Hans (now I'm waiting for bearded Han from battlefront 2), Phoenix squad, ewoks and so on!

But if they release know characters every time, they will have to release only unknown toons from this point on to keep the game going, but everyone would complain cause there are no more know toons and they are trying to take our money with lesser toons.

I know some of the hate towards Wampa is more of "a random beast is stronger than Vader", but it should be the other way around, "Vader is weaker than a random best, and than almost every new character for that matter", and that what they could do to make amends with the player base. I for one would love a Vader rework!
    Just don't hate the poor beast only because it's getting some love!
  • ToughSituation
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Winterbio wrote: »

But if they release know characters every time, they will have to release only unknown toons from this point on to keep the game going
    They're gonna release kittens like Wampa, Starck and IPD in Stores and real deal like Revan, Snoke in packs.
    Mark my words
    Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • Options
    I enjoy the idea of animals being playable characters, but maybe that's cause I'm a biologist and love how there's a whole world of monstrous species in SW universe. But yeah, I don't love the DS tag for Wampa! But to create a "nature/neutral" faction would be too much trouble

And for those asking for more known characters, they will come, eventually. Just look how many toons we got this year. Nihilus, Talzin, CLS, a lot o Hans (now I'm waiting for bearded Han from battlefront 2), Phoenix squad, ewoks and so on!

But if they release know characters every time, they will have to release only unknown toons from this point on to keep the game going, but everyone would complain cause there are no more know toons and they are trying to take our money with lesser toons.

I know some of the hate towards Wampa is more of "a random beast is stronger than Vader", but it should be the other way around, "Vader is weaker than a random best, and than almost every new character for that matter", and that what they could do to make amends with the player base. I for one would love a Vader rework!

I actually kinda agree with the Dark Side tag. After all, isn't the "Dark Side" of the force the side that operates on emotion and aggression and all that? Animals tend to operate on instinct and as such, wouldn't their emotions and aggression play a large part in their motivations?

• Options

I actually kinda agree with the Dark Side tag. After all, isn't the "Dark Side" of the force the side that operates on emotion and aggression and all that? Animals tend to operate on instinct and as such, wouldn't their emotions and aggression play a large part in their motivations?

Maybe, but then every animal would be tagged DS, even if it's just a territorialist animal, protecting its home from invaders. Maybe porgs kill fish for sports and get high like dolphins do, but would that make them DS if they're not attacking the LS characters? I know the Wampa is not the most welcoming beast out there, but neither are wolves, and at a point in human evolution someone still managed to domesticate them and we now have dogs, who I don't see going into the DS as well (unless it was a murder dog trained to kill jedi, but that's another story).

My point is, it's not as black and white as it seems. But since I don't see they creating a new "side" for this game, I think Wampa is in the right place
  • Options

But if they release know characters every time, they will have to release only unknown toons from this point on to keep the game going
    They're gonna release s**t like Wampa, Starck and IPD in Stores and real deal like Revan, Snoke in packs.
    Mark my words

Well, I can't disagree with that, and I hate the release cadence for new toons. But still, my point is more of a "keep the game going for the next thousand years, mixing known and unknown characters, because I love this game" than "come on! Where's all the characters we've been asking for?"
  • Options
    Adding obscure characters add something to the game but not when we still are missing major characters from episode 1-6.
  • Options
    Jabba and crew > all others
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wampa is a neutral beast, not dark side; I actually like the Zombie and Spirit while these three new dark side characters are really lame
  • Options
    Dear fanboys...cool it. Just enjoy the new characters. It’s a game.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to Lumpy, Chewbacca’s son from Holiday Special, Bea Arthur, night shift Cantina bar maid, singing Princess Leia, Life Day Attichitcuk, and cartoon world Boba Fett with bacon outlines.

Also starring Dock Master Ralph McQuarrie, Rebel Major Cliff Calvin, potato asteroids, walrus man, snagletooth, Hammerhead, max rebo band, random skiff guard, wolf man, a hand made to look like a bloodied worm which gets CGI fix, more Jawas to include Cyclops, Jawa that fondles Luke’s speeder, run away Jawa as Luke approaches, and wax on / wax off danielson Jawa polisher of some droids! Also looking forward to more droids, Probe Droid Debris, R5-D4, Gonk Droids, spider droids, Death Star Droid, dome Droid, and others.

You forgot Charred Remains of Uncle Owen. And Trash Compactor Eyeball Thing with it’s devastating stun move “something moved past my leg”

Seriously EA. A little market research might help you...
  • Options
    Not what I was expecting. Niche toons just like the LS TB toons.
  • Options
    Where is it stated anywhere in canon that the Wampa is a mindless beast? His inclusion in the game is the devs saying "he isn't a mindless beast". Of course SWGOH isn't canon, either, so there is that.

By the way, how the heck did Wampa get Luke to hang upside down? If he is a mindless beast, that's a pretty sophisticated trick for an animal: melt ice on cavern ceiling, hold Luke's feet up until they freeze into place. I was just a kid when ESB came out but I do remember thinking that was pretty clever for an animal.

I mean, really, he doesn't seem much more primitive than Ewoks and Tuskens. I want a Wampa with a gun!
  • Options
    The door is open for the Zillo Beast now :)
  • Options
    I love that we finally got a probe droid. I've wanted one since we started fighting them in TB. I'm happy they even made the suicide relevant. I'm surprised to see the Wampa as something other than a territory battle enemy, but it's nice to see DS getting something strong (and part of me wants to watch it kill CLS a bunch in GW). Starck is kind of an oddball, but it's ncie to see an imperial trooper tag, even if he seems kind of underwhelming.

I really wish we would get Snow Trooper Commander and Stormtrooper COmmander though, they would be perfect. Guess we'll see as we get closer to DS if we get some more strong DS toons. At least some of these have rebel-hate abilities, increasing the odds they see use in the rebel-infested arena.
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    I wish they weren’t tied down by hoth relevant toons. Not many iconic ds hoth toons. But there are still plenty of good ds characters we need like jabba, jango, snoke, etc

For empire, I'd like to see a playable AT-AT or AT-ST.
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Wampa is a neutral beast, not dark side; I actually like the Zombie and Spirit while these three new dark side characters are really lame

I can see some logic in this.

Is a shark inherently evil? It does kill, but it won't if it's not hungry.

A fat dude, on the other hand, isn't hungry, but will still kill a skinny dude over a McRib sandwich.

Are pit bulls a dark side dog? Or does it fall into the dark side if trained to kill?

This makes me rethink the entire good-bad, light-dark argument. Perhaps Anakin is right. We really should slaughter all the potential jedi even if they are 7 year old brats.
  • Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    By the way, how the heck did Wampa get Luke to hang upside down? If he is a mindless beast, that's a pretty sophisticated trick for an animal: melt ice on cavern ceiling, hold Luke's feet up until they freeze into place. I was just a kid when ESB came out but I do remember thinking that was pretty clever for an animal.

Check out The Shrike (a bird), or take a trip out in nature. Then hanging Luke upside down will not seem so very advancd to you. ;)
  • Options
    What would be Padme's basic skill? Talk to people until they die of boredom?

Between TCW and the movies - we have more screen time of Padme fighting then many of the toons in this game
    tumblr_ojwwrkQayK1u8txcyo1_400.gif
    ObedientKlutzyHypacrosaurus.gif
    2c0c00178c569a0062744d1104c198b3.jpg
    Corruption-clone-wars-padme-amidala-24608370-500-281.jpg
    tumblr_oxbqh8rKyG1v5mbzeo1_500.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Stop adding new characters until you fix the old ones. 80% of my roster is useless cause of the power creep.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Stop adding new characters until you fix the old ones. 80% of my roster is useless cause of the power creep.

No lie.

70% of my roster is full of the free 3* heroes I can't do do-do to star or gear. Easy farm? Not yet. I'm still doing Tie Fighter Pilot. Get Dark Side ships? Not yet. I'm still doing Biggs and Biggs the pilot.

Only the few have the luxury of being ahead. Of course EA caters to the rich. I bow to them.
  • Options

They're gonna release s**t like Wampa, Starck and IPD in Stores and real deal like Revan, Snoke in packs.
    Mark my words

ur bitter. simmer down and eat a cookie
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »

giphy.gif

The short explanation is... Its a collecting game. We need something to collect.
  • Options
    So we get 3 new Dark Side characters (in boosting our rosters for Dark Side battles I assume) but they are 3 characters no one really asked for (outside of IPD, but that was a VERY recent request), and one is a creature that really doesn't make sense to have a DS tag.

Cool toon but Wampa is just a creature. And we get a Colonel that had all of 5 seconds of film time.

So we get those but no Jango Fett?!

With Dark Side Territory Battles coming up we need the Bounty Hunter faction AND the Separatists faction addressed. Jango could do both if needed AND people are actually asking for him.

I'm sure more toons are coming for the DS TB but can you give us toons people have been asking for since the launch of the game?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Lumovanis wrote: »
    I love that we finally got a probe droid. I've wanted one since we started fighting them in TB. I'm happy they even made the suicide relevant. I'm surprised to see the Wampa as something other than a territory battle enemy, but it's nice to see DS getting something strong (and part of me wants to watch it kill CLS a bunch in GW). Starck is kind of an oddball, but it's ncie to see an imperial trooper tag, even if he seems kind of underwhelming.

I really wish we would get Snow Trooper Commander and Stormtrooper COmmander though, they would be perfect. Guess we'll see as we get closer to DS if we get some more strong DS toons. At least some of these have rebel-hate abilities, increasing the odds they see use in the rebel-infested arena.

I totally agree with you. I'm surprised to see THESE characters making an appearance and it only reinforces my suspicion that they're just stuffing DS toons in to make way for the DSTB. I'm not complaining, i'lll definitely be getting them - i'm just surprised it's these guys.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    What law says important characters must come before more generic ones? I welcome these smaller characters that beef up lacking factions
  • Options
    Really needed its own thread ... Worse considering nothing you're saying hasn't already been said multiple times in the mega thread.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    What law says important characters must come before more generic ones? I welcome these smaller characters that beef up lacking factions

Didn't say that. Said we are getting these smaller characters that no one asked for, yet characters we have been asking for since the beginning are still MIA.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.