Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume the Wampa is an "animal"?

cause he's not a plant
  • Options

cause he's not a plant

I just spit up my soda. :smiley:
  • Options

From the official SW website: "Wampas are powerful furred bipeds that dwell in the snowy wastes of the ice world Hoth. These hulking predators have razor-sharp fangs and claws, yet move with surprising stealth, relying on their white fur for camouflage while hunting prey such as tauntauns." Does that sound like someone you invite over for dinner and drinks to discuss the state of the galaxy....or an animal?
  • Options

From the official SW website: "Wampas are powerful furred bipeds that dwell in the snowy wastes of the ice world Hoth. These hulking predators have razor-sharp fangs and claws, yet move with surprising stealth, relying on their white fur for camouflage while hunting prey such as tauntauns." Does that sound like someone you invite over for dinner and drinks to discuss the state of the galaxy....or an animal?

Something to sit on while sipping Cognac by the fire.
    tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

The creature known as "the Wampa" is really Bob Wampa, former freighter captain and ace pilot and member of the ruthless interstellar gang Kill Stab Murdercorp. He trafficked in slaves for many powerful crimelords before being caught stealing frog-slugs from Jabber Corantonii, aka the Slugfather. Furious with Bob, Corantonii exiled him to the ice world of Hoth (which was very similar to Bob's homeworld of Ashnakka). While hunting the barren snow-covered wastes of Hoth, Bob was kicked in the face by a tauntingtaun (a larger, deadlier version of the tauntaun) and suffered a severe head injury. Living off the land and murdering entire families of the now-extinct indigenous population of the intelligent but emotionally flawed and spiritually stunted Snowpeople, Bob Wampa has forgotten who he was. Bob became more animalistic as the years went by until he saw a guy riding around on a tauntaun and Bob thought "Kill stab murder!" and attacked the poor soul.

Make no mistake, Bob Wampa is a bad guy. A former slavetrader, killer and graffiti artist, he is bad all the way through! I mean, this guy is a real ****!
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Dude, really?! DS was unbalanced and they added wampa instead of something awesome like Revan? Woooow...
  • Options
    Lupin wrote: »
    Dude, really?! DS was unbalanced and they added wampa instead of something awesome like Revan? Woooow...

Wampa > Revan
  • Options
    Wampa is not better than revan. In this game he may be with zader lead and zidious he will be hard to kill.
  • Options
    Lupin wrote: »

Yes, as Kozispoon mentioned, these were the last DS toons that will ever be released. CG is really proud to have put every DS character they could think of into the game, finishing it out with these fan faves. And now your Star Wars collection can be complete.
  • Options

No, I wouldn't invite anyone from the dark side over to my house.
  • Options
    I can understand stark and imperial droid but wampa, really. Next they'll be adding the crab like creature and the cat beast from episode 2. We need more ships and can we get a ship raid that involves a battle above jakku or the death star.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

cause he's not a plant

I just spit up my soda. :smiley:

glad i could entertain
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    I'll give you jango but padme.....idk to each their own i guess.

Yep I would like me a Padme of my own. Jango meh. I want a d*mn C3P0 and a Clone Wars Anakin. And they want to give us a creature? Jabba the Hut then.
  • Options
    Great, another character to farm in randomized Guild Shipments.
    You are aware that there are other stores in the game, right? And you are also aware that randomized availability is dirty pool, right?

I'm actually out of toons to farm from guild shipments, except Logray

Same 'cos Logray barely ever turns up in mine.
  • Options
    I'll settle this "Padme" thing.

We want "Clone Wars Padme", NOT Ep 1, NOT Ep 2, and NOT Ep 3.

Done.

...and less move on to the real matter of why Col Starck was chosen.

Yup Clone wars Padme & Anakin pleeeeease.
  • IIIPA
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We gonna get a Missfit Faction?
  • IIIPA
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Rudolph , Lumber Jack, Dentist Elf
  • Options
    Y'all cry about EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    Mynocks will be insanely overpowered. Creatures should have their own tag and not be side specific
  • Options
    You guys are getting desperate for characters, aren’t you? Never mind the endless pages asking for characters that are far more important to the stor arcs.

Wampas actually have a social structure like sand people, but regardless the actual honcho for rolling out these new toons has this off beat thing for non important toons and has stated so, he does not like the main star wars characters! Which means he will keep forcing those oddballs on the community, sorry guys he's not even trying to hear anything else.
  • Options
    IPD and Wompa have me super excited. I dont know wjat team I would put Wompa on... but he's going somewhere.
  • Options
    What!? Still NO Grevious rework?! :D
  • Options
    What!? Still NO Grevious rework?! :D
    IPD= GG rework?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    They're adding the snowmen for hoth territory battles. The prescious tripod Jango-Padme-JarJar will come out when they do some prequel era event. Sure that's when Grievous will also get his rework. Doesn't make sense to do them at this moment with the new movie and Hoth event, so chill, literally, on Hoth.
  • Options
    IIIPA wrote: »
    Rudolph , Lumber Jack, Dentist Elf

I'd drop more coin on those three than an animal, a probe droid and a no-name. And I like the probe droid. But dude....Yukon Cornelius? IN!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Tygra wrote: »
    How about an AT-AT Driver? Bossk? Zuckuss? 4-LOM? Those would have made more sense.

EA quit making sense when they introduced CLS in his current form. We all know that this version of Luke in the SW universe is not what he is a n the game , by a long shot.

Personally, I am excited for the Wampa. I always liked him. IPD is going to be interesting. General Stark and Wampa als have potential too be useful in HAAT.

Not looking forward to the inevitable CLS Wampa teams in Gwn , though
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    What law says important characters must come before more generic ones? I welcome these smaller characters that beef up lacking factions

Didn't say that. Said we are getting these smaller characters that no one asked for, yet characters we have been asking for since the beginning are still MIA.

The same can be said for Luke, though, before his CLS version came around. They'll release all of the most requested characters eventually, doesn't make sense not to from a business perspective, but they'll do it at their own time, in the most profitable way possible.

Either way, you can probably expect Jango before GW gets fixed (whales having broken nodes while weaker teams have to fight those same whales' teams counts as WAI?) or a Bronzium multi-buy button is introduced, as there is no profit to be made fixing those.
  • Options
    Admittedly it's a boring conversation but I'm bored lol - much as love me some Wampa action I do kind of understand why people are a bit aggrieved about it being a playable character.

Wampa isn't a character. He's like a feature, part of the landscape. He has no allegiance, he takes part in no conflicts or battles. I'm assuming he's neutral and would soon munch a Stormtrooper as a Rebel Trooper. Seems a bit odd that he's now a playable character...doesn't quite sit right despite my original excitement.

Anyway...as you were :)