Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    On Hoth, the most difficult territories are farthest east. Proven over and over and this just confirms it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    This is just ridiculously difficult for phase 1. I shudder to think what the next phases will be like.
  • Options
    I could only beat wave 4 on one of the 3 combat missions. That was quite unexpected because I didn't think too much about the team but I got lucky I guess.

Palpatine (L) G11, Darth Maul G11, zSidious G11, zThrawn G10, Old Daka G10

A good combination of "hitters" and "trickers". The weaker early waves helped Maul opening wave 4 with multiple daze. That helped.

But it's still hard. Even more when we consider it's only phase 1...
  • Gawejn
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Its challenging yes, but definitely doable... all fights maxed with 2-3 g12, all others g11 with3-4 below. Did not even change mods.

It is phase one:), wake up
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    My whole guild and I have decided this wasn’t thought through at all. This is way to hard for any of us. Not enough darkside characters. Platoons needing all of them. Battles way to difficult. Wasted teams on special mission that you can’t beat. This is the first day of this event and we are done with it. Waste of time. What a joke.

Agreed 100%
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Its challenging yes, but definitely doable... all fights maxed with 2-3 g12, all others g11 with3-4 below. Did not even change mods.

lmao. You're amazing. So you only needed 6-9 g12 DS toons to get max waves in phase 1? and you didn't even had to switch mods!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    And to think I was feeling good today for finally unlocking 7* Thrawn, only to find out that he can't even finish phase 1.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Picard wrote: »
    And to think I was feeling good today for finally unlocking 7* Thrawn, only to find out that he can't even finish phase 1.

I bet Wampa can - that's how this game works.

Ridiculous if you ask me.
  • Options
    If that was the case then phase 1 should've required 7* toons.
  • Options
    I cant understand complaints. If you could beat it right away as easy as ls there was no sense in it, as we still would need new content... now the game as a goal to work towards

BUT its phase ONE and the jump of power in encounter 3 to 4 is ASTOUNDING. My Zaul was wiping the floor for the first three but barely got a turn in the fourth encounter
  • Options
    Anyone feeling they're getting more elites in round 4? Or was I just unlucky...

I got four on each one on my main and alt
  • Options
    Agreed, the difference between wave 3 and 4 is Too steep... however, I am very happy that it is not too easy
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    I think it's good.
    Something to work forward.
    Enjoy it and gear your DS.

Cant gear gear 12 anymore fool
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Risz wrote: »
    Yesac wrote: »
    This has to be a mistake. I ran a g11, fully modded with ALL zetas FO squad and got destroyed in the 4th wave.

Just how ? Do you have enough speed on FOO ?
    With only PhaZma i finished it quite fast while only loosing FOST

we all know you're 1 helluva player, but considering this is phase 1 with a 2(!)star requirement, don't you find it a bit odd that you lost one of your toons during this phase? (assuming your FO team is all 7*, fully modded and g11+)
    There's a time to boast about your amazing accomplishments, but when it's clearing 4/4 in phase 1 there's probably something wrong.

Wow calm down dude,, never said I was beast or that this fight was legit, it may be a bug, idk and we will find out soon anyway when CG will decide to communicate

I was just comparing 2 FO squads and was surprised that he, with more zetas, couldn't finish it, when I did with only PhaZma
  • Options
    P1 felt like P3 or P4.. And my dark side characters are actually far more developed than my light side
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Completely rushed and they likely ruined LS TB as well. Pretty frustrating to say the least. On a side note, the blanket for CLS known as Wampa is the strongest dark side toon in the game while palpatine and vader are mediocre.
    I actually think I just got an insight into why Waml2a is so good. Maybe because it is CLS's blanket?

• Options
    The whole thing is a mess, should not have been released so soon, with LS tb still having bugs. This makes LS tb look like gold though
  • Options
    Just finished my combats and I'm actually laughing at the difficulty scaling of the stages, it is so absurd. Breeze through 1-3, 0-1 elites, then 4-5 with huge health pools that constantly regenerate and good luck gettng those debuffs to stick long before they're cleansed. Taunts, perpetual foresight, assists all over the place. Did someone accidentally put the difficulty for Phase 6 into the last stage of Phase 1 combats? Lol.
    Basically just hit auto and get your 91k, and move on. Not a great first impression.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Well at least when they admit they messed up we'll get some of those sweet Chewie shards. That'll totally make up for it.
  • Options
    It was fairly easy.... B)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who has tried a mission in the new TB has learned that the fourth encounter is on a whole other level of difficulty from the preceding three. I was able to beat the first three rounds of a mission with a hodge-podge team of g7/8 toons, but my g10/11 team got wiped on the final encounter.

I dont mind having some difficulty, but I dont see the point of having such crazy difficulty in the first territory when getting 3 stars is already pretty easy without having to beat all four encounters.

I shudder to imagine the difficulty of later territories.
  • Options
    My 7*, full g12, fully zetaed First Order squad BARELY beat wave 4. I lost two units even. What on earth?
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yep it's insane. But there might be a theory that phase 1 will be harder than others. Why? Because when we played LS TB we brought on this territory our best toons on phase 6. So in DS TB we have to kill these insane toons. On next phases we will be overwhelming rebels and they will become weaker as in SW Episode V. Might it be true?
  • Options
    It's not a difficulty curve, it's a right angle, with an asymtote at phase 4. Lol, oops!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hoo boy. This won't be a walk in the park. Granted, most of my DS toons are undergeared but still.

Hoth soldier Stuns on a crit, shoots, crits again, etc. My whole team got locked down. It was a massacre.

Oh and platoons eat up way too many toons, even at 2* - what will happen later, I only have a handful of 5, 6, 7* toons.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Just finished my combats and I'm actually laughing at the difficulty scaling of the stages, it is so absurd. Breeze through 1-3, 0-1 elites, then 4-5 with huge health pools that constantly regenerate and good luck gettng those debuffs to stick long before they're cleansed. Taunts, perpetual foresight, assists all over the place. Did someone accidentally put the difficulty for Phase 6 into the last stage of Phase 1 combats?.

Think my guild mate said it best in our server today. In the LS it gets harder the farther to the right you go. So maybe DS is backwards and it gets easier the farther left we go hahah.
  • Options
    It's so off I have to wonder if this is a bug?
  • Options
    Yeah basically you need 4 complete squads of gear 12 toons to do all of the battles.
    also who decided giving rebel soldier the ability to fully heal every turn, on top of retaliating was a good idea? especially when there are 3 of them in phase 4.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Grommit wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    Just finished my combats and I'm actually laughing at the difficulty scaling of the stages, it is so absurd. Breeze through 1-3, 0-1 elites, then 4-5 with huge health pools that constantly regenerate and good luck gettng those debuffs to stick long before they're cleansed. Taunts, perpetual foresight, assists all over the place. Did someone accidentally put the difficulty for Phase 6 into the last stage of Phase 1 combats?.

Think my guild mate said it best in our server today. In the LS it gets harder the farther to the right you go. So maybe DS is backwards and it gets easier the farther left we go hahah.

That's wishful thinking
  • Options
    Rayek wrote: »
    It's so off I have to wonder if this is a bug?

Feature....
    The Academy of the Fallen