DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Its an exploit inside the Software, which EA has made.
    Players should be punished for using the exploit?
    EA should be punished for making it!
    Do your homework EA and dont bother us with threaten the players.
  • Do u remember the mod debacle where people upgraded 1000+ mods to lvl 15? Ya they got to keep it too

That was a good one. Happened during European night and got fixed within a matter of an hour or so.

• Dath_Raki
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Alpha is the only realistic guild on the list that could have got it.

How I know: We pulled 28* (141m) and it’s not possIble for us.
    Post edited by Dath_Raki on
  • What is the point in closing tb 2 days before it ends, I would prefer test out last phase. We did not fill single platoon and I still manage 4/4 4/4 3/4 with my 1.2m gp deep roster

Even I agree its broken as duck I would like to keep difficulty to have some think to work for in future
  • the whole weekend the forum was about DS TB and yet there is no statement whats gonna happen.
  • Here is what I think..
    October and November has been 2 terrible months for player experience.
    1) Territory battles required characters that are pay to use - Colonel Stark which appeared 3 times in my guild store and worst case even if you pay for the pack, you can only get 40/80 shards. Meaning unless you spend a lot, you can't get the probe driod farming up and ready.
    2) Credit heist and Driods from once a week to almost 2 weeks once. And this new TB is ridiculously difficult and getting characters to 85 7* will not guarantee a 4/4 clear especially stage 4/4. For LS TB, even a lv 70+ team can still clear the special mission but for DS TB, its so difficult that we need to at least reach 85 7*. These characters need a lot of credits and training driods to level up the characters to that level and not counting mods. Either give us easier stages or more credit heist/driod smuggling to help make up for the difficulty.
    3) Developers threatening to ban players for their mistake on allowing a bug exploit. Worst case is that they only posted it somewhere in day 2-3 on forums and not on the announcement with most players are still unaware about this. To make things worst, points score are not properly allocated meaning we fight hard to get so little, so what's the point of doing so?
    4) Stopping the TB isn't wise. Agreed because it gives the developers more data but what are our compensation for doing this? More threats of getting on your ban list because the Developers decide to continue it?
    5) This TB is very beginner unfriendly just like the Territory war preparation which are very difficult and very RNG based not to add that its almost un-do-able even for veteran players. This meant that non lv 85 players will feel that its a waste of time trying to clear the stages.

Think about this..
    1) Most players who are unaware got banned are ignorantly doing it. These players who might be supporting the game would then quit due to frustration especially when they spend so much and work so hard to build their account which end up getting banned due to developers not spotting the bug before it got launched.

2) The event is so difficult, players refuse to participate due to fear of getting banned. Treat of ban due to mistake cause veteran players to shun future events to prevent their account from being banned. Veteran players avoid the event while Beginners struggle in the guild events and as beginners stop participating, the event become mundane. Territory wars coming soon right? Will the same issue occur and players getting banned from undiscovered bug that suddenly pop out of nowhere?.

Maybe?
    1) The developers can compensate us by giving us the highest level reward for this issue but not the achievement. This may compensate us players and at least make us feel that the developers care.
    2) Developers pay more attention to bugs and delay the feature until its fixed else don't threaten to ban us for their overlook of the situation. I mean own up to your mistake. Yes you can ban us but what good will it do? Players leaving the game meant loss of revenue for you.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    They won’t ban anyone, how can they tell between cheaters and accidents.

• Just play the game, it's just a game.
    If u go to ATM and an error occur and machine give u more money do u keep them ? U go next day end do the same ?
    Just be more careful and honest and all be fine.
    An read terms and services.
    My opinion.
  • If we got a state of the galaxy for Phoenix panic farm - we are over due for one now.

Please don’t pass the buck and make Kozi put something in announcements. There are severe issues that need to be addressed.
    The platoons in Tb (minus the bug exploit thing) need to be solidified and stable going forward. Whatever it is just state it and say we re keeping it this way for a long while.

Bf2- not the same game but in the same community of ea Star Wars. And is a reason why people are bitter here.

Players leaving- attrition sure but these new game modes are suppose to keep players playing. They aren’t. People are leaving because of them. Selfishly I know I need people to play so I can continue to play. If I get it and am worried- are you?

Mother talzin/wicket and future toons like them. They stink. Give us some more info please.

Stop threatening your player base.

More ideas, complaints, things I’ve missed, compliments welcome as always.
  • It seems like they follow the "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission" line of thought
  • RyDiggs u really are going to Ban players from the game for a $1 worth of rewards from a beta test?
    Stop being dramatic. No one aside from panicky, guilty-conscience players on the board have said anything about bans...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • To be fair, I feel like they keep addressing alot of complaints and trying to make the game better. But some things don't work out the way you plan.. They're trying though.

Take the guild store. I think that was a massive improvement with all the varied gear and character shards. I may actually get Aayla Secura soon, who I have wanted for awhile but due to needing the farm event or raid toons, I've been unable to do.
  • ponce104 wrote: »
    To be fair, I feel like they keep addressing alot of complaints and trying to make the game better. But some things don't work out the way you plan.. They're trying though.

Take the guild store. I think that was a massive improvement with all the varied gear and character shards. I may actually get Aayla Secura soon, who I have wanted for awhile but due to needing the farm event or raid toons, I've been unable to do.

Yes. I agree. Gw has been a complaint for years as has the gear crunch. Both of those “fixed” depending on your POV and how long you have been playing. But look how long it took. Also look at the answers they gave to each of them. Gw was wai for so long. Gear crunch was suppose to be helped by flash events. I understand bugs happen and changes can’t happen as fast as we would like. But the platoon move in last ls Tb was in poor taste. And felt like kozi didn’t even know. We deserve better than that. To throw something in the middle of an event like that. No good.
  • Jzsomebody wrote: »
    1) Territory battles required characters that are pay to use - Colonel Stark which appeared 3 times in my guild store and worst case even if you pay for the pack, you can only get 40/80 shards. Meaning unless you spend a lot, you can't get the probe driod farming up and ready.
    Assuming nothing delays the next Dark TB, it still won't start for another 14 days. Remember, they alternate between light and dark TBs, with 4 days between each event. You're going to miss, at most, two attempts at the special mission if, like me, you don't pay for Starck. Calm down.
    2) Credit heist and Driods from once a week to almost 2 weeks once.
    Almost two weeks once. One time. Considering the cadence used to be every 6-12 days, almost 2 weeks falls within the time frame. Calm down.
    3) Developers threatening to ban players for their mistake on allowing a bug exploit.
    No one said anything about bans. That's something panicky, knee-**** reactionary players are saying. Calm down.
    1) Most players who are unaware got banned are ignorantly doing it.
    No one said anything about bans. That's something panicky, knee-**** reactionary players are saying. Calm down.
    2) The event is so difficult, players refuse to participate due to fear of getting banned.
    Sewpot wrote: »
    It's super easy to tell the difference. Has the bug happened to you? If it has, you'd know.
    Just play the game, it's just a game.
    Thank God, someone who makes sense...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Jzsomebody wrote: »
    Assuming nothing delays the next Dark TB, it still won't start for another 14 days. Remember, they alternate between light and dark TBs, with 4 days between each event. You're going to miss, at most, two attempts at the special mission if, like me, you don't pay for Starck. Calm down.
    2) Credit heist and Driods from once a week to almost 2 weeks once.
    Almost two weeks once. One time. Considering the cadence used to be every 6-12 days, almost 2 weeks falls within the time frame. Calm down.
    3) Developers threatening to ban players for their mistake on allowing a bug exploit.
    1) Most players who are unaware got banned are ignorantly doing it.
    2) The event is so difficult, players refuse to participate due to fear of getting banned.
    Sewpot wrote: »
    It's super easy to tell the difference. Has the bug happened to you? If it has, you'd know.
    Just play the game, it's just a game.
    Thank God, someone who makes sense...

I’m not worried on getting banned. I’m pretty sure the ones that clicked a bajillion Times will be suspended. It’s the problem of putting out something that is this flawed. We shouldn’t be used to this and we shouldn’t just know that it will be fixed in 2 weeks. There are larger problems here and they should be called out on them.
  • I started playing BF2 yesterday and I've been loving it
  • NicWester wrote: »
    RyDiggs u really are going to Ban players from the game for a $1 worth of rewards from a beta test?
    Stop being dramatic. No one aside from panicky, guilty-conscience players on the board have said anything about bans...

Please know that we will be taking action accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

Ryan Thomas
    CG_RyDiggs

Yeah, nothing about bans. But what other actions will be taken?

The thing is that this TB is so full of bugs one can hardly believe it got tested. The platoon bug can be triggered by accident, so it's impossible to tell the cheaters from the rest.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • Will the changes made to DS TB also be in LS TB? Will there be an extra wedge in LS? Will combat waves also be dropped from 6 to 4? Or will LS TB remain unchanged?

If this is going to happen in LS TB should we then expect the CMs difficulties to increase with less points given for CM completion like DS TB?
  • ponce104 wrote: »
    To be fair, I feel like they keep addressing alot of complaints and trying to make the game better. But some things don't work out the way you plan.. They're trying though.

Yes. I agree. Gw has been a complaint for years as has the gear crunch. Both of those “fixed” depending on your POV and how long you have been playing. But look how long it took. Also look at the answers they gave to each of them. Gw was wai for so long. Gear crunch was suppose to be helped by flash events. I understand bugs happen and changes can’t happen as fast as we would like. But the platoon move in last ls Tb was in poor taste. And felt like kozi didn’t even know. We deserve better than that. To throw something in the middle of an event like that. No good.

Preach
  • Yes, it will FOR SURE CHANGE.
    It will be more difficult.
    They are adding a territory in phase 1.
    If difficulty stayed the same that would be 3 free extra stars for almost everyone in the game.
    If u think they are tweeking tb to give us all more rewards, I are very new.
    It won't affect star count for most guilds.
    If you got 20 of 45 last lightside tb.
    The next time you get 20 of 48
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    The platoon bug can be triggered by accident, so it's impossible to tell the cheaters from the rest.

I can understand a few million extra but there are guilds towards the top of the leaderboard who shouldn’t be anywhere near the score. That is systematic, not accidental.

• Yes LS will get way more difficult and you also get the new platoon bug jeej!

No I think LS wil not be touched;) we get the extra tools only.
  • It will be more than 2 weeks for next dark tb.
    Announcement said 2 back to back tw with one day in between then a lightside tb.
    More like 3 weeks
  • +1 Vinny
  • They said they are using the same format as dark side now so yes. Unless with all the problems they change it back. We can only hope.
  • It's obvious, it has to be more difficult.
    Absolutely zero chance difficulty is same as last time.
    They have done us a big help by dropping cm to 4 waves. Added 3 stars, giving us gear from all over and adding new toons like stark that can be farmed in the guild store.
    Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
    For making the game way better. After 20 months of playing it's the best it's ever been.
    You guys have done great job, I'm sure the few bugs will be fixed before next dark tb in few weeks away.
    CHEERS
  • +100000000
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    It's obvious, it has to be more difficult.
    Absolutely zero chance difficulty is same as last time.
    They have done us a big help by dropping cm to 4 waves. Added 3 stars, giving us gear from all over and adding new toons like stark that can be farmed in the guild store.
    Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
    For making the game way better. After 20 months of playing it's the best it's ever been.
    You guys have done great job, I'm sure the few bugs will be fixed before next dark tb in few weeks away.
    CHEERS

I suppose you own a big stock of EA shares ?

I choose the Red Pill.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    They said they are using the same format as dark side now so yes. Unless with all the problems they change it back. We can only hope.
    There is no mention in the update post about LS having the same format as DS now. Where did you see that?
  • Naw wrote: »
    I'll start this off by saying that just by looking at the leaderboard it clearly shows that DS TB is too easy. I also think that there will no consequences to anyone. What should happen is cancel this TB, fix the issues and then restart it (much) later.

Looking at TB phase 3 territories Ion Cannon and Outer Pass. To 3* them Ion Cannon requires 71.28M points. Outer Pass requires 54.81M points, in total 126.09M .

As only Troops can be deployed here in any form I'm counting that 70% of a guild's total power is in troops. In reality ships have more value than that.

That means that a guild of 120M GP has 84M in troops, 100M -> 70M, 80M -> 56M.

As the missions are relatively tough in the last phase, doing 3/4 should be well within the reach so I'm using that as an example.

To Ion Cannon from Combat Missions an extra 14.2M can be had and to Outer Pass 7.1M.

126.09M - (14.2M + 7.1M) = 104.79M

Assume all platoons are filled up, that's an extra 12*151000 = 1.812M.

How can a 100M GP guild get 3* from both areas? How can a 80M guild do the same?

Did I make some mistakes in my calculations?

They (the guild that suddenly have outstanding showings in DSTB) have users with 100+ & 200+ million territory points. From multiple days of abusing the exploit. While openly discussing it in the in-game chat. This isn't an accident. This isn't one player clicking something 4 or 5 times & scoring an extra million points. This is HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of clicks