DSTB issue and response

Replies

• aerendhil wrote: »
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    It's obvious, it has to be more difficult.
    Absolutely zero chance difficulty is same as last time.
    They have done us a big help by dropping cm to 4 waves. Added 3 stars, giving us gear from all over and adding new toons like stark that can be farmed in the guild store.
    Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
    For making the game way better. After 20 months of playing it's the best it's ever been.
    You guys have done great job, I'm sure the few bugs will be fixed before next dark tb in few weeks away.
    CHEERS

I suppose you own a big stock of EA shares ?

Probably NOT a sound investment right now.
    I just happen to enjoy this game very much and prefer to see positive side of things
  • My post got merged here. So please excuse if it doesn’t make sense :)
  • This TB is a gigantic mess. It's riddled with obvious bugs and it is over the line of what's permissable bugwise in a new release.

I expect they knew it had lots of problems and pulled the trigger anyway. Why -- hard to say. Corporate pressure maybe. But I agree that its high time for a real statement from the devs about what's going on here.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    It's obvious, it has to be more difficult.
    Absolutely zero chance difficulty is same as last time.
    They have done us a big help by dropping cm to 4 waves. Added 3 stars, giving us gear from all over and adding new toons like stark that can be farmed in the guild store.
    Thanks @CG_Kozispoon
    For making the game way better. After 20 months of playing it's the best it's ever been.
    You guys have done great job, I'm sure the few bugs will be fixed before next dark tb in few weeks away.
    CHEERS

Minority, go clean ya nose.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • I want CG to let dstb just finish the course and apologize for the delivery of a flawed product.

I also want them to work on the errors/bugs while we have tw and then give us dstb again and then alternate with lstb. I feel we deserve a dstb that is as smooth and seamless as ls tb.

The apology, to me, is most important. I don't know how they can feel good about the delivery of this content. I'd be embarrassed.

Please fix dstb and allow us to play it again.

Thank you.
  • Countless posts over last 2 months.
    When is dark tb coming?
    I only saw a few posts that said
    Take your time and make it right
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    I want CG to let dstb just finish the course and apologize for the delivery of a flawed product.

I also want them to work on the errors/bugs while we have tw and then give us dstb again and then alternate with lstb. I feel we deserve a dstb that is as smooth and seamless as ls tb.

The apology, to me, is most important. I don't know how they can feel good about the delivery of this content. I'd be embarrassed.

Thank you.

Sure. I know I stated earlier that they should shut it down, but at this point, just let us finish beta testing it for them and find all the bugs. Then they can apologize and fix the mess known as DS TB.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Naw wrote: »
    The platoon bug can be triggered by accident, so it's impossible to tell the cheaters from the rest.

I can understand a few million extra but there are guilds towards the top of the leaderboard who shouldn’t be anywhere near the score. That is systematic, not accidental.

I am not talking about obvious intentional use of the exploit, but there will be a lot of players that could qualitfy as either honest or cheating, and it's impossible to draw the line. How do you tell if some player's ten klicks were by accident, or intentional to push one territory to the next star?

Just turn it off, fix it, dish out some crystals (as usual).
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Countless posts over last 2 months.
    When is dark tb coming?

That's kind of a given obviously. No one is asking for a very broken dark side territory battle... Use light-side territory battle as a reference for the level of quality people were expecting.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    When is dark tb coming?

That's kind of a given obviously. No one is asking for a very broken dark side territory battle... Use light-side territory battle as a reference for the level of quality people were expecting.

Lightside was worse. Tons of people has combat missions glitch and get zero waves.
    Restart every 30 minutes
  • Rebelscumalwayscry
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Agree that start of ls tb was same kitten
  • I want to reiterate that I think the only fair response here is to nullify the payout and set a single one for everyone. It can be anything between 0 and max, I don't care, but that's the only equitable way. It's also the only way to keep the cheaters from getting away with it.
  • I would like to wipe out rewards for guild with cheaters and make cut like 40m gp earned by exploit or more.. And rest let be ..
  • Full po for all would be the fair thing to do...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    RyDiggs u really are going to Ban players from the game for a $1 worth of rewards from a beta test?
    Stop being dramatic. No one aside from panicky, guilty-conscience players on the board have said anything about bans...
    Yeah, nothing about bans. But what other actions will be taken?
    I’m not going to speak for someone else, especially when I don’t know a **** thing, and people talking when they don’t know a **** thing is what has both caused and exacerbated the problem...

All I know is I can think of several possibilities off the top of my head and none of them involve banning...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Always the same question, they are already in work right? Im super sure they though about it whole weekend (there no way they did not notice that) so when we get some reply ?
  • Are hey ever gonna comment on this issue with a definitive answer?
  • ^I'm guessing 1pm PST today.
  • I think some guilds got stripped of stars already.
  • On the bright side. No one's complaining about LS tb anymore. It turned into the gold standard for what everyone wants ds to be like.
  • The one GOOD thing I can say about this is it has definitely exposed my DS roster and given me a definite path on what to work on. That's about it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    The one GOOD thing I can say about this is it has definitely exposed my DS roster and given me a definite path on what to work on. That's about it.

Dark Side TB Findings & Guidance

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145986/dark-side-tb-findings-guidance-ab-strafe-impact/p1?new=1

This may help - I think the puzzle for DS TB is around AB / +1 CD and it's impact on strafe / enemy specials. I have some screen shots in here as well.
  • They're likely to just let it run it's course. Then not run it again till they fix it up.

It's a free event, they don't owe the player base anything. If they were really nice they could compensate you for the inconvenience... but it's not like they actually owe us rewards.

If they said "Get X points and you'll earn Y rewards" and then a bug occured in which we all only got Y - 5 rewards...then they'd owe us something. But this is a different scenario, where RAW everything is mostly fine, but RAI isn't quite.

Righteous fury is good and all, but I would suggest keeping some of that in mind.
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    They're likely to just let it run it's course. Then not run it again till they fix it up.

It's a free event, they don't owe the player base anything. If they were really nice they could compensate you for the inconvenience... but it's not like they actually owe us rewards.

If they said "Get X points and you'll earn Y rewards" and then a bug occured in which we all only got Y - 5 rewards...then they'd owe us something. But this is a different scenario, where RAW everything is mostly fine, but RAI isn't quite.

Righteous fury is good and all, but I would suggest keeping some of that in mind.

What won't sit well with me is if my guildmates get banned for accidentally "exploiting" a deployment bug because they thought the game was lagging and kept hitting it but stopped the next day. I also had a bug where I accidentally deployed all my units before finishing 1 CM, but was able to send in units to attempt it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Tavanh wrote: »
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    They're likely to just let it run it's course. Then not run it again till they fix it up.

What won't sit well with me is if my guildmates get banned for accidentally "exploiting" a deployment bug because they thought the game was lagging and kept hitting it but stopped the next day. I also had a bug where I accidentally deployed all my units before finishing 1 CM, but was able to send in units to attempt it.

How likely do you think it is that they're actually going to ban your guildmates though?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • +1

Is the event flawed a bit? yeah, but it hasn't even run its course so people are commenting on an incomplete dataset.

The devs did a great job incorporating feedback into improving LSTB and they adjusted some elements of TB into the DS version that are making the experience more enjoyable. I think there's rightful frustration that at least 2 platoons within each territory should be "paywall free" but the difficulty I think is just a combination of people having less experience with DS and fewer god mods on those toons. Hey, you probably got through 3/4 battles on most CMs. that's a good thing! You don't have to win everything first swing.

Let this one run its course and then provide constructive feedback for devs to incorporate.

I also realize there are some bugs in the release. I'm not going to address those. They happen with all software and this is a pretty complex mobile game. They'll clean it up the same way they did for LSTB.
    Weaver9000 wrote: »

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    When is dark tb coming?

Lightside was worse. Tons of people has combat missions glitch and get zero waves.
    Restart every 30 minutes

Many people still were not experiencing the freezing, and most of those that were probably did not have it constantly. I personally never experienced any combat freezing, though my guild often had members that did. Ican understand how that is an issue that got through testing. I consider it an issue that needs to be fixed with a high priority, but not nearly as bad as the many bugs associated with dark side territory battles. The dark side issues are ones that never should have gotten into a final release to begin with, and are much more widespread.
  • Completing a mission at 4/4 And getting 233k instead of 422k is ridiculous

They better come up with some lost star compensation

It's broken
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    I want CG to let dstb just finish the course and apologize for the delivery of a flawed product.

Thank you.

This is my sentiment 100% ... well said. Let's fix asap and play a clean one!
  • wow still no dev response?