DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Shut down this current TB please.
    1. I haven't had the chance to even deploy due to timezone differences but others have distinctly gained an advantage whether they have intentionally or unintentionally exploited.
    2. There's not going to be a heavy punishment for exploiting if there is even a punishment judging from past history.
    3. Exploit aside, it's full of bugs/errors. We are paying customers, not paying beta testers.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    After careful thought, I agree that this TB should be voided. Either no rewards or a single flat reward for everyone is the only equitable and reasonable way to handle this @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs.

While I appreciate the immediate response, I have my doubts on following through with the threat of discipline. There are too many past exploits where players have gotten off with a warning and kept huge rewards. As mentioned later in this thread, mod upgrade, tournament defense/offense cheesing and guild hopping, multi-raid eligibility, raid token bug, etc have, to communities' knowledge, never resulted in action.

If these cheaters in DS-TB just get away with it, you're letting them skip $1000s worth of pay to farm content needed to perform at the level of reward they are getting with the exploit. If they get the reward while the rest of us mire in broken combat point awards making it impossible to perform and score normally, that is a full force kick to the teeth for anyone that played fair in an already broken mode, while others who exploited a different break down walk away with incredible rewards.
    Post edited by Anavel_Gato on
  • *Speculation*
    It should disable the UI after the button is pressed, it may wait until the message is sent which allows for multiple presses. It passed QA because they used dedicated test machines on their internet. They didn't have the lag which makes this bug prevalent.

Having said that, I need to make sure to double-tap every button from now on, I'm doing that so I can report any other bugs like this of course.

Ralph
  • Give me everything for free...now!
  • After careful thought, I agree that this TB should be voided. Either no rewards or max rewards for everyone is the only equitable and reasonable way to handle this @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs.

While I appreciate the immediate response, I have my doubts on following through with the threat of discipline. There are too many.

If they just get away with it, they’re skipping $1000s worth of pay to farm content needed to perform at the level of reward they are getting with the exploit. If they get the reward from the exploit while the rest of us mire in broken combat point awards making it impossible to perform and score normally, that is a figurative kick to the **** for anyone that played fair in an already broken mode while others who exploited a different break down walk away with incredible rewards.

Thread over. You solved it.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Another 2 days of Double drops, and all the hard feelings goes away. *wink wink* well, maybe more like a week after today. Tomorrow should be another fun one.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Another 2 days of Double drops, and all the hard feelings goes away. *wink wink* well, maybe more like a week after today. Tomorrow should be another fun one.

+1
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Give me everything for free...now!

Not now but right now!!
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NoMack wrote: »
    You built a game with a loophole and players will always "exploit" loopholes to their advantage.
    1) Bugs aren't loopholes.
    2) Not all players will exploit bugs.
    3) Stop trying to rationalize having done something wrong. Just stop doing it and nothing will happen to you.

Nope, what he said was valid. Bugs can result in possible loopholes and exploits, and where possible, people generally exploit anything they can as long as it is within their power.

Further, what you say does not discount the fact that there will be guilds with one person exploiting this loophole excessively, and guilds with many people accidentally exploiting this loophole, and guilds where no one exploited this loophole. How does EA/CG deal with that? How are they able to tell who intended to exploit it versus who accidentally hammered the assign button 100 times thinking his internet was lagging.

In the end, I just think EA/CG should take ownership of this issue and admit they screwed up badly and give everyone max rewards for this. You can't punish guildmembers of those who exploited the bug, and neither can you tell for sure who intentionally exploited it.
  • DS really need love, Grievous, droids, bounty hunters, separatist really need their own rework. New dark side toons relating to the ones above. Cant bear to watch my zeta character slaughtered to pieces
  • they need to shut down the fiasco that is dark side tb this moment, just award a generic high ammount of sorry for our messup reward instead of the normal tb reward and then go ban all the exploiters (there is a difference between 2 times and 15 times). rebalance the tb, fix the point issues etc etc. This dark side tb launch has been one of biggest failures this game has seen imo.
  • This dark side tb launch has been one of biggest failures this game has seen imo.

I agree. If I read the signs others are giving in our guild chat we can count ourselves lucky if we don‘t lose more than ten people to this debacle, even our resident whale has stopped spending 5e ludicrous amounts of cash he has put into the game because his paid for rare toons were needed in the platoons and thus couldn‘t be played in what is a n unmitigated desaster of a game mode! No longer looking forward to the next LS TB either as some of the bugs may well carry over in the rebalancing move...
  • I have no idea what this ‘bug’ is or if I’ve accidentally used it. Just switch the thing off for crying out loud.
  • I also did not know about this bug. I wanted to fill the platoons, marked 10 toons and clicked deploy. Nothing happend. Thinking it was a lag I clicked several times. Now I have 2 mil extra GP deployed (during first 3 phases). Reading about it I don't rush platoons anymore. Raw data you may collect can be deceitful. Due to the lack of game feedback after clicking deploy this can be done by legit people not wanting to exploit the game. My sugestion is to check the data AFTER you relesed the info (making general playerbase aware of it).
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    I'll start this off by saying that just by looking at the leaderboard it clearly shows that DS TB is too easy. I also think that there will no consequences to anyone. What should happen is cancel this TB, fix the issues and then restart it (much) later.

Looking at TB phase 3 territories Ion Cannon and Outer Pass. To 3* them Ion Cannon requires 71.28M points. Outer Pass requires 54.81M points, in total 126.09M .

As only Troops can be deployed here in any form I'm counting that 70% of a guild's total power is in troops. In reality ships have more value than that.

That means that a guild of 120M GP has 84M in troops, 100M -> 70M, 80M -> 56M.

As the missions are relatively tough in the last phase, doing 3/4 should be well within the reach so I'm using that as an example.

To Ion Cannon from Combat Missions an extra 14.2M can be had and to Outer Pass 7.1M.

126.09M - (14.2M + 7.1M) = 104.79M

Assume all platoons are filled up, that's an extra 12*151000 = 1.812M.

How can a 100M GP guild get 3* from both areas? How can a 80M guild do the same?

Did I make some mistakes in my calculations?
  • I understand that something is very broken I n this TB, sure. But at the same time there has to be some reasonableness to the conversation. I have a hard time taking seriously anyone who is demanding the top rewards to all players as a recompense. It sounds opportunistic in the other direction, or else shrill and entitled. Depending on resources available to study the case, consider giving the same stars as each guild’s last LSTB? Or check the guilds that didn’t use the bug and see the ratio of stars LS:DS and award than ratio to all guilds?
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    For people asking for the TB to be stopped right now, the last statement we had on this was from Kozispoon saying that changes cannot be made until the TB is complete and the dev team will provide additional information next week about compensating players for any errors they discover. It may mean that a TB cannot be stopped once started, but in the least, the devs and the people who can make that type of decision will not be in the office until Monday morning, Pacific Standard time. Please be patient in the meantime is the best advice I can give unfortunately.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by JPBrunel on
  • @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks

RyDiggs u really are going to Ban players from the game for a $1 worth of rewards from a beta test?

Do u remember when tournaments came out and guilds worked for an advantage and took over ladders within the system they were given? Got to keep shoretroopers for arena dominance at the time (huge diamond benefit in arena payouts)

Do u remember when rancor and haat was released and people hopped to pass it? They got to keep rewards too.

Do you remember when u could craft gear for lower costs with less parts? Guys who did got to keep it in precrafting.

Do u remember the mod debacle where people upgraded 1000+ mods to lvl 15? Ya they got to keep it too.

Remember when guilds could farm over 30k a day and do extra raids ya they got to keep it...

NO one was ever banned for these aggregious and much more beneficial manipulations.

All true stories ask anyone who played the game.

And what's the big deal with some free points in DSTB anyways? its some diamonds and a few pieces of gear. Personally, I'd rather have 900 lvl 15 mods or a shoretrooper to use in arena and get extra diamonds every day for months from working with people in tourneys but that's another topic.

Someone in just about every single guild is bound to have gotten free points from the DSTB platoon bug, it's that easy. 2 guys can even solo the whole DSTB!!! It's a plain as day bug almost unavoidable this isn't hard to do it's actually harder to not get free points than it is get free points it's that bad if a bug.

plus nodes 5 & 6 appear to be missing is only 4 nodes Wai? What about the star level points no adjustments? it appears the AI is in breach of the TOS themselves because the AI is using some kind if exploit to cleanse vader dots & dispell fractures that may be worth investigating. Lots if bugs working against players is the point.

With all the things in DSTB obviously not Wai and also obviously working against the player base are you really going to ban people who used the one thing working in the players side to get $1 more worth of diamonds than they should have?

Take a step back and look at it like this a ban for $1 or $2 better reward in TB when the DSTB released was botched so badly? and when players got hundreds even thousands of dollars in mods for free? That's really the stance u guys wanna take?

Remember Plaxico Buress don't be like.him now.
  • Take a step back and look at it like this a ban for $1 or $2 better reward in TB when the DSTB released was botched so badly? and when players got hundreds even thousands of dollars in mods for free? That's really the stance u guys wanna take?

That really puts this into perspective, totally agree!

I do wonder if all the fuss is because a few snowflake guilds got a bit upset because they weren't on top of the leaderboards for 10 minutes and they've started moaning at their chums at CG/EA.
  • Ok, guys, let us help them beta test DSTB if are not really bothered to do so themselves. Let’s just finish it through and they correct it.
    So no rewards and punishment would be fair.
    I am also very irritated to get 253k instead of 441k for 4/4 waves done, so I think TB broken in far too many ways.
  • Take a step back and look at it like this a ban for $1 or $2 better reward in TB when the DSTB released was botched so badly? and when players got hundreds even thousands of dollars in mods for free? That's really the stance u guys wanna take?

That really puts this into perspective, totally agree!

I do wonder if all the fuss is because a few snowflake guilds got a bit upset because they weren't on top of the leaderboards for 10 minutes and they've started moaning at their chums at CG/EA.

Haven't really seen any from TI ranting about not being able to be the first to 48* DS TB yet.

Higher prize boxes can drop full G12 pieces which are worth a kitten lot more than kitten $2(Considering that you can't actually BUY any G12 gear). So please get your perspective checked again.
  • @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks

RyDiggs u really are going to Ban players from the game for a $1 worth of rewards from a beta test?

Do u remember when tournaments came out and guilds worked for an advantage and took over ladders within the system they were given? Got to keep shoretroopers for arena dominance at the time (huge diamond benefit in arena payouts)

Do u remember when rancor and haat was released and people hopped to pass it? They got to keep rewards too.

Do you remember when u could craft gear for lower costs with less parts? Guys who did got to keep it in precrafting.

Do u remember the mod debacle where people upgraded 1000+ mods to lvl 15? Ya they got to keep it too.

Remember when guilds could farm over 30k a day and do extra raids ya they got to keep it...

NO one was ever banned for these aggregious and much more beneficial manipulations.

All true stories ask anyone who played the game.

And what's the big deal with some free points in DSTB anyways? its some diamonds and a few pieces of gear. Personally, I'd rather have 900 lvl 15 mods or a shoretrooper to use in arena and get extra diamonds every day for months from working with people in tourneys but that's another topic.

Someone in just about every single guild is bound to have gotten free points from the DSTB platoon bug, it's that easy. 2 guys can even solo the whole DSTB!!! It's a plain as day bug almost unavoidable this isn't hard to do it's actually harder to not get free points than it is get free points it's that bad if a bug.

plus nodes 5 & 6 appear to be missing is only 4 nodes Wai? What about the star level points no adjustments? it appears the AI is in breach of the TOS themselves because the AI is using some kind if exploit to cleanse vader dots & dispell fractures that may be worth investigating. Lots if bugs working against players is the point.

With all the things in DSTB obviously not Wai and also obviously working against the player base are you really going to ban people who used the one thing working in the players side to get $1 more worth of diamonds than they should have?

Take a step back and look at it like this a ban for $1 or $2 better reward in TB when the DSTB released was botched so badly? and when players got hundreds even thousands of dollars in mods for free? That's really the stance u guys wanna take?

Remember Plaxico Buress don't be like.him now.

I remember every instance mentioned. And yes, Plax as well.

• Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    For people asking for the TB to be stopped right now, the last statement we had on this was from Kozispoon saying that changes cannot be made until the TB is complete and the dev team will provide additional information next week about compensating players for any errors they discover. It may mean that a TB cannot be stopped once started, but in the least, the devs and the people who can make that type of decision will not be in the office until Monday morning, Pacific Standard time. Please be patient in the meantime is the best advice I can give unfortunately.

For sure but this has been piling on. Tb and tw is the new content that is suppose to be leading us to play for another year and just like mt/ wicket events it’s doing the opposite. People are leaving the game because of them and tw hasn’t even dropped yet. Tb in its totality is just a pure mess add that with bf2 and the ea Star Wars community is just super bitter.

It was mentioned before that this will now overshadow changes that were made and anniversary gifts given. And that’s a shame. For longer term players - the gear crunch was allieviated, gw has been a constant complaint and that difficulty was lessened. New content has been added. People are just tired of the same ole same ole.

When well known non troll forumers are making threads about this and contemplating leaving - there are huge issues here.
  • Ban everyone who cheated just like modgate amirite fellas

I take everything said by the 'devs' with a grain of salt
  • +1 to shut down this instance of DS TB and equal high-rank rewards for all.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Don't penalize folks for your mistake, just give everyone max rewards at the end of this DSTB and lets fix the issues and move forward.
  • Inaction by CG should evoke player response, likewise CG should ban by IP the players who cheated and disband the guilds associated with those players. DSTB should also be immediately discontinued so no payout occurs.

why on earth would you punish other members of a guild that had an alleged cheater?

seems more than a little disproportionate.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • The threat to the players seems misplaced but I don't think they should stop the TB. Yes, it kind of sucks that we're beta testing content which is supposed to be live, but at least we'll learn more and more as the TB progresses that they need to fix, and they'll have a few weeks before the next DS TB to get those things right. They must consider compensating the players in some way for the disaster which has been its release; threatening the players is a bad move. But don't stop it... let's keep the feedback on bugs and issues and balance coming so that we can all enjoy a more fun DS TB next time around.