Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I think we will hear something after the gear bundles are done being sold in the store. Then we will get the vault that was offered.
  • Options
    GrimmLock wrote: »
    All these popups are quite annoying. I am getting them in almost every window I open in game. I mean seriously CG....There are less popups on adult entertainment sites than there are in your game right now.

Kind of funny seeing as I haven’t gotten a poppy uf Any kind except for the boba and crystal deal in 3+ weeks. Two total pop ups in 3+ weeks. Something is definitely not right with pop ups in general
  • Options
    Still no answer at all on this? Awesome. I'm saving money by the fist.
  • Options
    I normally purchase crystals from the store but I’ve only had one pop up this whole time...
  • Options
    Isn't there someone at CG/EA that has some common sense? This thread is filled with your highest spenders. A response would be nice. Also, forwarding it to whoever is in charge of hiring decisions might help . . .
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    A little surprised there has not been any further news on this. Please let us know how you plan to make it right.
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »
    A little surprised there has not been any further news on this. Please let us know how you plan to make it right.

Don't worry... Devs have been posting memes in other threads instead. They only respond to important stuff, you know.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Seems to be par for the course now. They stopped responding to my BBB complaint as well. Its okay though, thats public record and they cant edit or move that post. Everyoned can read about their shady business practices.
  • Options
    I really hope we will have some sort of feedback on this... can’t let this go
  • Options
    Is today the day this will be addressed or nah?
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We have been working through the complaints of people who did not receive the crystal or Boba Fett offers and those should have appeared by now, but we will be reviewing all the tickets that have been submitted to our support team.

We have also identified a bug which can occur if a player’s account is in a certain state, which will allow them to duplicate purchase a pack that is supposed to have a maximum purchase of 1. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. If you have already done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

For those of you that contacted support prior to today, please reach out again. They have been made aware of this issue and will accommodate.

We have a team working through the holiday but we appreciate your patience as we gather the info needed to resolve the issue and it may take a little longer than normal.

-Carrie

I bought the Boba Fett pack two times not knowing that it was limited to one purchase (why did i get the pop up a second time if it was a one time deal) I have been in contact with help.ea.com and they are not willing to help me resolve the issue, as they say i got the correct reward the second time. I thought i was buying 80 Boba shard, 1000 crystals, some credits and training droids but what i got was 1194 crystals, the purchase should have cancelled and not give me some **** deal instead of the good deal i thought i was getting. please look into this @CG_Carrie
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I finally had a response from EA executive support regarding my BBB complaint. In short they know about the issues but are choosing not to respond. Additionally they made a nice gesture to me regarding the complaint. (I think I can say that without violating any rules)

My suggestion would be to use a voice outside of these forums.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We have been working through the complaints of people who did not receive the crystal or Boba Fett offers and those should have appeared by now, but we will be reviewing all the tickets that have been submitted to our support team.

We have also identified a bug which can occur if a player’s account is in a certain state, which will allow them to duplicate purchase a pack that is supposed to have a maximum purchase of 1. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. If you have already done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

For those of you that contacted support prior to today, please reach out again. They have been made aware of this issue and will accommodate.

We have a team working through the holiday but we appreciate your patience as we gather the info needed to resolve the issue and it may take a little longer than normal.

-Carrie

Hiya,
    Per the messaging quoted above, this issue where this can be purchased more than once is being addressed via support. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. Per Carrie's post above, if you have done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Ez0ghul wrote: »

I bought the Boba Fett pack two times not knowing that it was limited to one purchase (why did i get the pop up a second time if it was a one time deal) I have been in contact with help.ea.com and they are not willing to help me resolve the issue, as they say i got the correct reward the second time. I thought i was buying 80 Boba shard, 1000 crystals, some credits and training droids but what i got was 1194 crystals, the purchase should have cancelled and not give me some kitten deal instead of the good deal i thought i was getting. please look into this @CG_Carrie

Hiya,
    This may very well be a case of this ticket being addressed before support was notified of the process/update posted here in this thread.
    Tossing you a PM to follow up on this.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Tno37 wrote: »
    Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
    This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.
    Maximum 1 purchase.
    Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
    This bundle is available starting December 24th

Nearly 3 weeks now . . . how hard can it be to just put this in the store?

What I really don't get is I received thousands and thousands in free crystals buying Google cards that are slowly going elsewhere. You can give me free crystals, but you wont keep your promiss and offer the discount vault?

Business 101, put the deal in the store = make money.
  • Options
    CG_Kozispoon I am being offered 300 crystals now instead of the 200 offered a couple of support emails ago. Arguing with support a few times a day to get comparable value for what I paid for (a second Boba Fett Holiday deal, which appeared to be legitimate, coming from EA in game) is taxing for this disabled vet who just wants to have fun.

But I also demand my money's worth.
  • Options
    CG_Kozispoon, what about the rest of us who were looking for the Vault bonus deal?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon thanks for coming back to this thread. What about the vault deal that was advertised before the holiday?
    Also what is the dev’s position on the fact that the deals were only offerred through pop up which the community really did not like?
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon, what about the rest of us who were looking for the Vault bonus deal?

I second this.
  • Options
    Hello all,

-Carrie

Hiya,
    Per the messaging quoted above, this issue where this can be purchased more than once is being addressed via support. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. Per Carrie's post above, if you have done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

While I appreciate the response, that doesn't address the rest of the stuff. The false advertising on the crystal pack (no, that wasn't a typo), the popups not happening, the stress it caused people during the holiday season, the fact that we lost out on rewards and progress because the packs didn't pop up when they were supposed to, etc?

Personally I lost the difference in rewards from 2x tier 4 credit heist, just for example (it popped up in time for the second credit heist event and I got my tier 4s)... And other people lost out on necessary refreshes for CLS, etc.
  • Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Hello all,

-Carrie

Hiya,

While I appreciate the response, that doesn't address the rest of the stuff. The false advertising on the crystal pack (no, that wasn't a typo), the popups not happening, the stress it caused people during the holiday season, the fact that we lost out on rewards and progress because the packs didn't pop up when they were supposed to, etc?

Personally I lost the difference in rewards from 2x tier 4 credit heist, just for example (it popped up in time for the second credit heist event and I got my tier 4s)... And other people lost out on necessary refreshes for CLS, etc.

+1

While you're responding to segments of the thread, you're avoiding the elephant in the room concerning the 'typo' and the impact that had on your customer base.
  • Options
    CG_Kozispoon, I am currently going through help support on the boba pack and they are acting like I already got what I paid for. For some reason they don't know anything about this issue.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I cant believe how little they care as to offer no real response on blatant and continued false advertising. Unreal.
  • Shahram1222
    198 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Apparently, they are ignoring this issue and hoping it will go away.

Sheesh.
    CG_Kozispoon, what about the rest of us who were looking for the Vault bonus deal?

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

While I definitely think people who bought it anyways should be compensated, I don't think that is enough to address what went wrong... And so far there hasn't been a single mea culpa, apology, or even acknowledgement of the screw up that I've seen since the holidays.

A simple statement that they are aware, they are working on it, they are sorry, and they are currently looking at options to a) make the packs appropriately available and b) compensate people for the frustration they were put through and the potential loss of progress/rewards... A statement like that would probably go a long way towards making people feel better about the situation.

Leaving people sitting for the entire holidays and then the better part of a week into the new year without even a real acknowledgement kind of sucks.
  • Options
    This is so bizarre. Why don't they just release the bonus vault as previously advertised before people blow their holiday wad on something else? Is it being delayed to build up thirst in hopes for more sales, or have people up there simply lost their minds?

I already spent my money on something else but wow, all these people chomping at the bit to spend $100 on the game and total radio silence on that particular issue.
  • Options
    yes that is definitely the main issue here. no acknowledgement of the real issue relating to the supposed 'typo' and all the frustrations it caused the community. On top of that, we have to spend more of our time lodging tickets and going back and forth with support.

I'm not sure I've ever seen EA/CG apologise for something even though they know they are in the wrong. Apologising for a 'typo' is not actually apologising for what has actually happened.

As stated in many posts, we need this addressed ASAP. A statement from EA/CG is needed at a minimum to acknowledge this!
  • Options
    Dodobird78 wrote: »
    yes that is definitely the main issue here. no acknowledgement of the real issue relating to the supposed 'typo' and all the frustrations it caused the community. On top of that, we have to spend more of our time lodging tickets and going back and forth with support.

I'm not sure I've ever seen EA/CG apologise for something even though they know they are in the wrong. Apologising for a 'typo' is not actually apologising for what has actually happened.

As stated in many posts, we need this addressed ASAP. A statement from EA/CG is needed at a minimum to acknowledge this!

They have definitely apologized for stuff. Most recent I can think of being some misleading language on some promotional packs. They apologized and gave everyone 2m credits...
  • Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Dodobird78 wrote: »

They have definitely apologized for stuff. Most recent I can think of being some misleading language on some promotional packs. They apologized and gave everyone 2m credits...

Everyone, or just those who bought the bundle? I certainly didn't get it.
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I can only imagine that this is taking time as it needs to be taken up with management and lawyers...
    It d b simpler to just say sorry we kitten up here is the vaukt with extra 25% in store for a week as well as the bobba and other crystal bundle for those who have not bought it yet... and some free stuff for the inconvenience... would sure be cheaper than lawyers...