Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    We want the 25% vault.
  • Chuey
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Careful, it’d probably break just like the popups have and give you 20,000 Chewie shards instead
  • nB_
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The problem got 'fixed' in some way, we all got the popup eventually, but my problem is, that we were 'promised' the big vault of crystals, but only got the opportunity to buy a smaller one, thats just not good enough
  • Options
    When do the pop ups stop? I’ve been waiting for it to drop but I guess CG doesn’t want my money.
  • Darthnoob83
    52 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Dodobird78 wrote: »
    yes that is definitely the main issue here. no acknowledgement of the real issue relating to the supposed 'typo' and all the frustrations it caused the community. On top of that, we have to spend more of our time lodging tickets and going back and forth with support.

I'm not sure I've ever seen EA/CG apologise for something even though they know they are in the wrong. Apologising for a 'typo' is not actually apologising for what has actually happened.

As stated in many posts, we need this addressed ASAP. A statement from EA/CG is needed at a minimum to acknowledge this!

They have definitely apologized for stuff. Most recent I can think of being some misleading language on some promotional packs. They apologized and gave everyone 2m credits...
    I don't recall them apologizing for anything, either. What they do is offer a half-baked corporate-speak acknowledgement of the players/community pointing out an issue and then apologize for any inconvenience that said issue may have caused. That's something VERY different, imo, and would never be acceptable "in the real world".
    I don't care too much about this pop-up issue, but it would certainly be a nice change of pace if they actually came out and said "yeah, we kitten up, we're very sorry about that", instead of the usual deafening silence strategy they employ.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Is the Boba Fett offer still supposed to be working ? I've had it pop up twice today!

If it were 6 months ago, I'd have bought but no longer need him as he's 7* already.
  • Options
    Hey CG, mistakes happen and people can generally be forgiving... Is this really how you guys want to start off the new year in this game? This is such an easy fix that I can't believe the people that help support this game have to even suggest this to you. Do the right thing. Throw the bonus crystal vault in the store next week with your planned update.
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Dodobird78 wrote: »
    yes that is definitely the main issue here. no acknowledgement of the real issue relating to the supposed 'typo' and all the frustrations it caused the community. On top of that, we have to spend more of our time lodging tickets and going back and forth with support.

I'm not sure I've ever seen EA/CG apologise for something even though they know they are in the wrong. Apologising for a 'typo' is not actually apologising for what has actually happened.

As stated in many posts, we need this addressed ASAP. A statement from EA/CG is needed at a minimum to acknowledge this!

They have definitely apologized for stuff. Most recent I can think of being some misleading language on some promotional packs. They apologized and gave everyone 2m credits...

Everyone, or just those who bought the bundle? I certainly didn't get it.

Everyone, and yeah you did. Everyone got 2m in their inbox. Was 1-2 months ago.
  • Options

More like 1-2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Ez0ghul wrote: »

More like 1-2 weeks ago.

Wow, that recently? It's been a VERY long couple of weeks for me...
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options

More like 1-2 weeks ago.

Ummm no. Christmas was 2 weeks ago....

Still no engagement by EA. Simply amazing.
  • DarthFonz
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This is such kitten. I bought the pack through the promotion and didn't get the extra crystals. I called EA and their technical support staff said they found no such promotion and that I need to send them a screenshot of the promotion if I want my extra crystals.
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    DarthFonz wrote: »
    This is such kitten. I bought the pack through the promotion and didn't get the extra crystals. I called EA and their technical support staff said they found no such promotion and that I need to send them a screenshot of the promotion if I want my extra crystals.

Send them a link to this post and the original announcement. Should be good enough I would think. You could also try pming @CG_Kozispoon or @CG_Carrie and see if they can intervene...

Hoping they also weigh in on how they are going to make good on this soon.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Can you imagine if this was brick and mortar instead of a mobile game.

If a store advertised something in print, bringing people in on Christmas. Then after opening the doors, people grabbing the item and waiting in line to pay were told it was a typo, and they could not purchase it. That store would be on the news and sued before new years. Incredible what they think they can get away with in this arena. Absolutely incredible. I hope the developers bought gift cards for things for christmas, and when they try to redeem them get told sorry, that service is now more expensive, or not available. No recourse, goodbye.
  • bendoverabdcry
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Today is the last day of the promotions,yet the only pop up I got is boba fett,I never got the crystal pop up promotion...Is there a certain step to trigger crystal promotion?Because I really didn't get any of it.
  • Options
    Today is the last day of the promotions,yet the only pop up I got is boba fett,I never got the crystal pop up promotion...Is there a certain step to trigger crystal promotion?Because I really didn't get any of it.

Nope. It was supposed to be once per day, and instead its RNG if you get it at all.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you still have not received the crystal pop up or Boba Fett offer, please file a ticket on the EA Answers forums, as Devs are going through these tickets and making sure everyone who wanted to purchase the crystal offer ($19.99 for 3500 crystals) or Boba Fett offer is given the opportunity. Please note there is not currently an offer on the crystal vault.
  • Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    If you still have not received the crystal pop up or Boba Fett offer, please file a ticket on the EA Answers forums, as Devs are going through these tickets and making sure everyone who wanted to purchase the crystal offer ($19.99 for 3500 crystals) or Boba Fett offer is given the opportunity. Please note there is not currently an offer on the crystal vault.

Are you a Dev? If not why can't they tell us that? It's been over two weeks now and loads of people are still frustrated over the false advertising.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Umm, the devs do know only a small fraction of players visit the forums correct? Would it not be easier and less work on the consumer (the only person whose fault this is NOT) to put the darn thing in the store?! The answer really is to do more work on our part when we were waiting for a pop up on CHRISTMAS while they were enjoying thd extended holiday. Really? This is really what they want us to do?!

I have had a support ticket in for about a week on yet another issue related to your google play card promotion, I have heard zero, zip, zilch, nada. Can we be more helpful and customer focused please? If we could take away 2 dashes of ridiculousness, and add in one dash each of communication and helpfulness that would be amazing.
  • Options
    I think the most frustrating part about this is the fact that it’s such an easy fix. All you have to do is put the boba deal and a VAULT deal in the normal shop for a few days, one time purchase, and the whole thing goes away. Everyone is happy. No one has to file tickets, call customer support and get various answers, etc. It is mind boggling that they are making people jump through so many hoops to give them money.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    What CG should've done immediately = "Sorry about the miscommunication, we will honor the offer for the vault for those that want to buy"

What has happened = Whoops! "Type-o". Maybe nobody saw it. Puts head back in sand.

Guess they aren't dragging it out. Little to no communication says everything.
  • Options
    That would make far too much sense. CG would rather lose money than admit a mistake.
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I think the most frustrating part about this is the fact that it’s such an easy fix. All you have to do is put the boba deal and a VAULT deal in the normal shop for a few days, one time purchase, and the whole thing goes away. Everyone is happy. No one has to file tickets, call customer support and get various answers, etc. It is mind boggling that they are making people jump through so many hoops to give them money.

• Options

What about the actual crystal offer, the vault?
  • EtchaSketch
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I received a boba fett pop up on Dec 27, bought it, no issues, then saw another one the very next day. I assumed since it popped up a 2nd time you could buy it multiple times. I have boba fett 7* already, but the amount of shards, crystals and credits was worth it. After purchasing it, i got an in box mail saying i already purchased the pack and here are 1194 crystals to compensate fornthe value. Kitten, definately not what I was trying to purchase in the 1st place and the value was way below the value of the actual pack.
    I put in a support ticket yesterday midday (1/6) and someone called me within 10 minutes. Heavy foreign accent (go figure) and it sounded like there were kids playing in the background. I argued about the discrepency in what i thought i was purchasing and what i got and they honestly had no what i was talking about. I explained it, and it sounded as if they didnt even know the game existed let alone this holiday "special" (more of a joke). All they could suggest was going through google play (android user) to get my money back for the 2nd purchase. So i did, google play refunded the money within 5 minutes with no questions asked.
    VERY disappointed in everyone on the client (EA, swgoh) side , including devs for barely even keeping us up to date let alone admitting they Kitten'd up.
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. We have been working through the complaints of people who did not receive the crystal or Boba Fett offers and those should have appeared by now, but we will be reviewing all the tickets that have been submitted to our support team.

We have also identified a bug which can occur if a player’s account is in a certain state, which will allow them to duplicate purchase a pack that is supposed to have a maximum purchase of 1. Please do not attempt to purchase multiple times. If you have already done this, please contact EA support at help.ea.com and they will help resolve your issue.

For those of you that contacted support prior to today, please reach out again. They have been made aware of this issue and will accommodate.

We have a team working through the holiday but we appreciate your patience as we gather the info needed to resolve the issue and it may take a little longer than normal.

-Carrie

I bought the Boba Fett pack two times not knowing that it was limited to one purchase (why did i get the pop up a second time if it was a one time deal) I have been in contact with help.ea.com and they are not willing to help me resolve the issue, as they say i got the correct reward the second time. I thought i was buying 80 Boba shard, 1000 crystals, some credits and training droids but what i got was 1194 crystals, the purchase should have cancelled and not give me some **** deal instead of the good deal i thought i was getting. please look into this @CG_Carrie

Same thing is happening to me. They say I got the crystals therefore no refund can be issued. Despite me telling them about the in game message saying it would be refunded. Pretty terrible customer service EA.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well, last day of the sale and still no word from the developers. This is such a freaking joke. Are a bunch of stupid people running this thing? We have money waiting and have since before Christmas. If you want my $100, all you have to do is give us the promised offer that I purchased google play cards for.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    No response. No problem.

Just finished filing a second complaint with the FTC, you can respond to them. Ftc.gov if anyone else is interested.
  • Options
    Haha this is still going on?

I think there are some psychological tactics going on here. I've been playing this game since launch, and all the while they love to do the exact opposite of what the players want. Or ignore our requests completely.

Right now I believe they're letting everyone wind themselves up, only to unravel at supersonic speed and buy up a ton of vaults when they're offered with the 25% bonus. They'd be fools not to put it in the store very soon.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just maintaining my crystals until they make it right. They want to put a vault for sale after wasting my time on Christmas Eve and Christmas then claiming it's a typo.

Either put the vault on sale or give everyone the difference in crystal bonus between the vault and the $19.99 pop-up.