Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Actually, @crzydroid, I had been sent to that website by someone here, but I just saw something that I didn't get the first time I went there; it identifies Factions! How in the world did I miss that? Probably because it was all over my head just a couple days ago, I have come So Far in my understanding of this game now!

Thanks for your inspiring words and I will be searching for a page that explains what all those debuffs and buffs over the characters heads mean, hopefully with pictures.

As for "re-rolling" an account, I am not sure what that means but it sounds like what some people used to do when I played the now defunct "Mafia Wars" game back in the day, on FaceBook. Many players had multiple accounts in different names that they used so they could share resources with themselves and it just all got so complicated and sometimes backfired, so I am not ready for that yet...

Happy New Year, and thanks for checking in on me! :)

Edit: I joined the site as you suggested so that I could sync my account, which I assumed meant I could track my game progress when online without having to open up the game.

One of the statements made me a little nervous, though. It asks me to enter my Player ID, then states that "Note that all other SWGOH.GG accounts with this Player ID will be reset. This includes Squads, Arena data, and Unit Sets.

This thing isn't about to delete all my game progress by mistake, is it? :o

Post edited by amaze122 on
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Just to show you how good my Dark team is, we just fought a full Hera led A-team to something that I have not seen in here before...a Draw!

Edit: Oh yeah, and Three of those Toons had purple lines above their heads while only One of mine did, heheheh.... B)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    amaze122 wrote: »
    Just to show you how good my Dark team is, we just fought a full Hera led A-team to something that I have not seen in here before...a Draw!

Edit: Oh yeah, and Three of those Toons had purple lines above their heads while only One of mine did, heheheh.... B)

If hera is leading a phoenix team all should have protection. It would be unusual that she is in a team with only a few. Draws only happen in arena if the match lasts longer than 5 minutes.

For the light side battle you are struggling with I would suggest that you borrow a level 85 gear 10 or higher Wedge Antilles. He will wipe the first battle with his aoe then probably kill 2 in the second battle and wipe the third with his aoe.

Plus his leader ability will help you recover health whenever he kills someone.

For most of the earlier battles he is even better to borrow than gk r2d2 jtr or cls.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Actually, that was the other thing, that battle did last a looong time, longer than any that I have ever had. And I definitely only saw protection over three of their heads, but hey, things were happening fast, I didn't even notice the purple lines until it was almost done. Best battle that I have had so far, yeah!

As for that other battle, I neither have a Wedge or an EP, or a General Veers. The borrowed heroes seem to be allotted to me using a system that I do not understand. For instance, If I try to do battle number 5-I, I get plenty of AOE folks, but when I switch back to 5-H, I get a bunch of Leias, and Han Solos and a bunch of folk that I don't really know, but I have tried over eight of 'em and they just ain't doin' it for me....

Edit: Trust me, my best bet is to just stick to my plan on this one; Start upgrading those "Light Side" toons...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    As for that other battle, I neither have a Wedge or an EP, or a General Veers. The borrowed heroes seem to be allotted to me using a system that I do not understand. For instance, If I try to do battle number 5-I, I get plenty of AOE folks, but when I switch back to 5-H, I get a bunch of Leias, and Han Solos and a bunch of folk that I don't really know, but I have tried over eight of 'em and they just ain't doin' it for me....

Well you won't get veers or do on a light side battle as you only get heroes your ally had as a leader when doing a light side battle. You get a random selection of your ally's leaders.

Wedge is best light side leader to borrow for earlier missions on light side. Maybe lando too. Perhaps gmyoda if you are running Jedi (some people find Jedi fun because they like Jedi but they aren't very good)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It's possible for your allies to decide which of their characters you will get trying a battle in any particular location. If there's a character I have that you want to try out let me know and I can put it in the proper place for you. I can put my Wedge on LS if you want to try that out (I certainly borrowed a lot of Wedges when I was going through those battles!). Mine isn't actually all that great (only g10) but might help you out.

swgoh.gg doesn't have the power to reset anything in your game, it's just talking about other accounts on that site. Not sure if you followed what I said about factions earlier, but you can filter by faction within the game also. When you are in the screen with all your characters, there are two menus at the top that say "all" - the first is a filter and the second is a sort.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    So how borrowed allies work is it is the last leader a person used in that type of battle--light side, dark side, cantina, etc. Working on lightside is definitely a good idea. I will put in my Baze Malbus for you...he doesn't have a leadership ability, but he starts each round with Taunt, meaning all the attacks for a full turn go to him. He gets Taunt back if you defeat someone.

A note on Chopper--not going to argue he is a great character, especially outside of the right team, but different characters have different roles. Chopper is a tank, so he's not really there to do damage. I noticed looking at your roster that you don't have his unique ability unlocked yet, which causes him to restore health every turn. So Chopper's role is not for damage, but to direct damage to himself and be hard to kill. No need to level him up if you have no immediate plans for him, but just saying that it's hard to tell sometimes from low level who will be good and who not.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Chopper is a tank, so he's not really there to do damage.

Oddly enough, Chopper actually isn't a tank, he's a support.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »

Really? Huh. Would explain why health+proc is on the low side compared to tanks.

Point is, he's not there for damage; it's his other helpful abilities.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Really? Huh. Would explain why health+proc is on the low side compared to tanks.

Point is, he's not there for damage; it's his other helpful abilities.

For me if you can taunt you are a tank no matter what the game says.
  • @Naraic. I guess it's like if you can taunt, you had Better be a tank, or at least have tank capabilities to the point where it is moot...

@crzydroid, I used my Chewy in that battle that I was having a problem with much as you wanted me to use Maze...Everybody then attacked him and tore him UP! Again, two-star victory instead of three, LoL

Finally, it was Yoda who saved me; that height-challenged guy is cool, and he was really high power level... Didn't notice who lent him to me though, was busy, heheheh

Thank you Liath for alleviating my fears about swgoh.gg, and telling me about the in-game faction filter, I am on my way to try that out now! Oh, and thanks for the offer to place a character for me, I will certainly be asking in the future :)

@CoastalJames, dude, are you saying that all of your raids are 7* only?
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    @Naraic. I guess it's like if you can taunt, you had Better be a tank, or at least have tank capabilities to the point where it is moot...

@crzydroid, I used my Chewy in that battle that I was having a problem with much as you wanted me to use Maze...Everybody then attacked him and tore him UP! Again, two-star victory instead of three, LoL

Finally, it was Yoda who saved me; that height-challenged guy is cool, and he was really high power level... Didn't notice who lent him to me though, was busy, heheheh

Thank you Liath for alleviating my fears about swgoh.gg, and telling me about the in-game faction filter, I am on my way to try that out now! Oh, and thanks for the offer to place a character for me, I will certainly be asking in the future :)

Don't taunt with your Chewie; he is too weak. The point of my Baze being in there was because he is strong enough to not take a scratch at that level and save your characters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Once you get to the point that you can participate in 7* raids and have a guild that can clear them easily, you never want to do anything else. The rewards are just so much better.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    But I thought the point of getting into a guild was so that I could earn loot from raids in order to build my characters up to the point where they were 7 stars or higher. Now am I being told that these guys only do raids for people who are Already 7*? So what was the point in joining?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    But I thought the point of getting into a guild was so that I could earn loot from raids in order to build my characters up to the point where they were 7 stars or higher. Now am I being told that these guys only do raids for people who are Already 7*? So what was the point in joining?

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were referring to a guild you had already been invited to. In an ideal world, you would be in a guild that only does the highest level raids you can qualify for, and get into a guild doing 7* raids the moment you get a 7* character. But of course that can be hard to arrange since the guild doesn't revolve around you. In my case, I stayed in the first awful guild I had joined while I worked on getting my first 7* character as quickly as possible - in my case it was Lumi out of GW shop. I had an invite to a heroic guild, and wound up joining around a week or so before I actually finished Lumi. But getting a 7* character was my number 1 priority from the beginning so that I could get into those raids.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018

The goal is to get good raid gear. 7 star raids give the best raid gear. You need to join a guild at the right level for you. If you don't have 7 star characters then you need to focus on getting one to register a score and get good gear or join a guild running raids at the right level.

If you are an android owner and you are spending money on the game make sure to buy a gift card rather than use a credit card because there is a promotion where you get a 7 star Rey (looking the forums somewhere in general discussion for more detail).

If you don't have 7 star characters (which are in the galactic war store roughly 23 days solid work) then join a guild doing non heroic raids.

Gear doesn't help star up your characters you need character shards for that.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Naraic, I will put in a search for that promo, bro.

@Liath, no I was speaking of the guild that I just joined, CoastalJames's guild. But I think it is just some misunderstanding, I am waiting for them to answer my Guild chat query, and they mentioned something about registering on the board. I Think that means doing Guild activities since I am already a member, but I am not sure... :|

Funny you should mention Lumi though, I have just begun farming her after I went here->> (https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/heal/) researching Light Side healers, which I am in dire need of.

She seemed to be the best choice because she also had good offensive capabilities; see, we Think alike!

So how many stars will she have when I get her and activate her?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Naraic, I will put in a search for that promo, bro.

@Liath, no I was speaking of the guild that I just joined, CoastalJames's guild. But I think it is just some misunderstanding, I am waiting for them to answer my Guild chat query, and they mentioned something about registering on the board. I Think that means doing Guild activities since I am already a member, but I am not sure... :|

Funny you should mention Lumi though, I have just begun farming her after I went here->> (https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/heal/) researching Light Side healers, which I am in dire need of.

She seemed to be the best choice because she also had good offensive capabilities; see, we Think alike!

So how many stars will she have when I get her and activate her?

By registering, they probably mean registering for the raid. Many heroic raid guilds have a rule known as 24 hour zero damage, in which you send in one character that does no damage in order to "get on the board." That allows everyone to get rewards even if they can't play at the time that the damage is being done to the raid because high level guilds are able to kill the raid very quickly, and without such a rule some people would miss out.

Obviously you can't register if they are doing a 7* raid and you don't have a 7* character, but they probably don't realize that you don't have one. You might want to send a PM to CoastalJames if people in the chat aren't responding to you.

Lumi activates at 3* I believe. You can see what star a character activates at based on how many shards it shows you need to activate them. A character that requires 10 shards activates at 1*, 25 at 2*, 50 at 3*, 80 at 4*, 145 at 5*, 330 at 7* (the last only applies to the hero's journey characters, Commander Luke and Jedi Training Rey so far). All characters need 330 shards total to get to 7* regardless of what star level they activate.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Liath, I PM'd CoastalJames; waiting for a response.

Lately, I find that I am acquiring characters that I don't need because I will need them "further on down the road", like Chopper and Leia. These characters then activate at about two stars, requiring massive leveling.

I am going to save my money by not leveling up these characters until I intend to use them...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    That's a good idea, you don't need to level every character. I have 25 characters at level 1 because I like having all the characters just in case I need them but have no reason to work on them right now.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well @Liath, I have to assume that by registering, my Guild meant to get my name on the board of contributors. I have to assume since No one is messaging me back...

Problem is, they picked a bad Guild activity; "Complete two hundred Daily Challenges", because I completed all of my challenges and events before I joined the Guild, thinking they might complicate things, what with me switching Guilds and all. So by the time they reset, Hours from now, I probably will miss this first Raid entirely.

On the other hand, even though my contribution is listed as "0" on the board because of this, at least my Raid ticket contribution is duly noted, 600 tickets for today... I notice that the Guild total is 8, 552, is that good?
    What does Guild GP mean, because it is 38,635,480?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Well @Liath, I have to assume that by registering, my Guild meant to get my name on the board of contributors. I have to assume since No one is messaging me back...

Problem is, they picked a bad Guild activity; "Complete two hundred Daily Challenges", because I completed all of my challenges and events before I joined the Guild, thinking they might complicate things, what with me switching Guilds and all. So by the time they reset, Hours from now, I probably will miss this first Raid entirely.

On the other hand, even though my contribution is listed as "0" on the board because of this, at least my Raid ticket contribution is duly noted, 600 tickets for today... I notice that the Guild total is 8, 552, is that good?

Guild activity is not chosen, it's the same for all guilds and change daily.

I'm going to assume that they're doing Tier 7 raids, so you need to get a 7* character asap in order to enter the raid asap. My recommendation would be someone from cantina. (Mine was Mr Mustache, low cantina energy cost, can be refreshed multiple times daily). Does not matter even if he is Gear level 1, you just need to enter the raid and enter a 0 damage score. You will get rewards at the end.
  • @Huatimus, What does it mean when they say that ally points, besides being used to purchase bronzium cards, can be used to refresh characters from squad tournaments? And what did you mean by "refreshing" Lando?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Huatimus, What does it mean when they say that ally points, besides being used to purchase bronzium cards, can be used to refresh characters from squad tournaments? And what did you mean by "refreshing" Lando?

Squad tournaments have been retired, no such thing anymore, feel free to spend all your ally points buying bronziums.

You can buy cantina energy REFRESH at 100 crystals a pop the first 3 times a day and cantina nodes have no limits. Hard nodes have a daily limit of 5, shipments are 4 times a day. Where else can you find a character to boost to 7* fast?
  • @Huatimus, Okay I see, thanks
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I'm 99.9% sure that's not what they meant. Nobody says get on the board in connection with the daily activity; everybody says it in connection with raids. The guild activity has nothing whatsoever to do with the raid. You can participate in the raid and not the daily activity and vice versa.

The guild total is the total number of tickets the entire guild has earned. Just like you can do 600, everybody else in the guild can also do 600. If the guild were full, the maximum number of tickets that could be reached in a day is 30,000. I don't know how many people are actually in the guild, so I don't know what their theoretical maximum is. Ideally you want to get as close to 30,000 as possible, and 8,552 is not very close to 30,000. However, you have to look at the total shortly before the guild activity resets for it to be meaningful. (This is based on the guild leader's time zone, so I don't know when yours resets - look at the tier list on the guild activity page to find out. Under the x/200 or whatever, there should be a timer that says Ends: Xh Ym.) When the timer is at 22 hours, a low guild total for raid tickets may just mean people haven't had time to do their stuff yet for that day. When the timer is at 30m, a low total means the guild isn't getting a lot of tickets.

Guild GP is the sum of each member's Galactic Power. You can see your own Galactic Power in your inventory. As of this message it's 58,616. 38m means that for a 50 member guild, the average GP of the members is 760,000. If there are fewer people, then the average GP is of course higher than that. Guild GP only matters for the Guild Events (Territory Battles and Territory Wars), which you don't have access to yet, so I won't inundate you with details about them just now.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Liath, You are just a depository of information, you are really into every aspect of this game. How long have you been playing, and what other games like this do you play (WoW, etc)?

About that Guild Raid situation; I have gone back over my responses in Guild chat and I think that you are correct:

Me: "Hey, it says that I need a 7* character to participate", Member: "try Phoenix squad and focus on getting that first 7* so you can participate", Me: "So you guys don't do 4* or character level 48 raids?" Another Member Three hours later: "No we do heroic, you just need to register on board and you'll get rewards", Me: "By register you mean do Guild activities?", Another Member, Seven hours later: "With new allies, you should fly into the 70's and 6* toons, then just grind it out, we haven't let anyone below 80 join the Guild for donks. Put in requests whenever you need to and ask for advice any time"...

So I was encouraged to quit a Guild where I participated in Raids and where I collected loot when the Raid was over (a "Tier 2-02 prize box, I believe it was called...), to join a Guild where I am told "try Phoenix squad and focus on getting that first 7* so you can participate"?

I just do not know what to say...
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    If you want to stick with this guild until you get a 7* character, that's fine, but if you want to find a guild that is doing 4* raids until you get a 7* team that could work for you too.

But your end goal is to move up to a strong guild as soon as possible. If you are going to be moving guilds, it's best to do it before you get too attached.
  • But what Guild to choose? That is the Shakespearean question here.... It is all just eenie, meenie, minee...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    But what Guild to choose? That is the Shakespearean question here.... It is all just eenie, meenie, minee...

Start a thread in the guilds and recruitment forum. State what tier raid raid you want and that want a guild with 25k+ tickets a day and ask for responses. There's only so many guilds out there doing lower tier raids with half decent tickets. Those that there are recruit constantly looking for members because people want to move on to higher tier guilds very quickly and leave