January Event Calendar and Login Toons - (MERGE)

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Merged to January calendar

EDIT: Also, keep in mind the relevant time zones to the HQ's daily timer. Event is scheduled for January first, and in my timezone it's only the very early morning of 12/31.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • JemySunsquisher
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dear mod, this is an issue with a missing event in december, and has nothing to do with the jan calendar. Please don't move posts into location where they do not belong.

The event is scheduled to begin Dec 31st. Please refer to the Dec calendar.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @JemySunsquisher

Dear member, if you are referring to the December event calendar found here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/146676/event-calendar-dec, this is an event that was postponed by a day and updated in the January event calendar, found here: Event Calendar - January

Please be aware that standalone threads will be merged into others that pertain to the same discussion.
    In this case, the same event previously scheduled for the end of December, now scheduled for the beginning of January. Please refer to the provided links.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Anybody else notice they flipped the order of the capital ship events so that Home one is last? I’m smelling Chimera event at the end of the month ...

Nah, it will be early january so people who didnt spend crystals on home one cant seven star chimaera

I mean, there’s no way they don’t have the packs available in the store. I need two more runs to get Home one to 7*, but am not worried at all cuz I’ve been sitting on 3000 crystals just in case.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Surprise This month log in character is 450 Shard Store Tokens, I seriously miss back when new toon was in it

Ah yes cause the last new login toon we got was Pao so......

@Riffinator I rather get shards for a new toon even as poor as Pao, than this take an original game toon and use it for rewards for logging in daily (yes I know Finn and Poe was added Dec 17th 2015)
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    So we have to wait till February for the Emperor? Seriously?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    The calendar only shows some events, not all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Dear mod
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Dear member

I laughed.
  • Options
    DarkISI wrote: »

Yes , i waited 6 months after CLS return sometime you have to wait bro...
  • Options
    Sickboy wrote: »
    DarkISI wrote: »

Yes , i waited 6 months after CLS return sometime you have to wait bro...

Four.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the character will be for the 2018 daily login rewards for January
  • Options
    Poe and Finn
  • Options
    I should also mention that I hope Poe and Finn will be the toons required to unlock any new The Last Jedi toons. That's what CG has done in the past, right?
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    wvuparker wrote: »
    I should also mention that I hope Poe and Finn will be the toons required to unlock any new The Last Jedi toons. That's what CG has done in the past, right?

Yeah but it'll be new versions of Poe and Finn that you'll have a week to farm to 7* from hard nodes
  • Options
    No barf :(
  • STRYKER667
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Maybe it will be obscure character like Rose's sister in the resistance bomber and she will pilot it and it will be our new ship plus new resistance capital ship or they reclass Ackbars to both rebel and resistance.
  • Options
    Really wish it wasn't lightside resistance toons again.
  • Options
    Really wish it wasn't lightside resistance toons again.

We had Phasma, Kylo Ren, and TIE Pilot/TIE Fighter relatively recently. (Relative because you only get one a month, so six months is a long time, but within the realm of the calendar it's recent)
  • Options
    With Poe and Finn as the log in toons, doesn't this throw out the idea that it can't be a previous month's toon? Since weren't both log in toons before?
  • Options
    With Poe and Finn as the log in toons, doesn't this throw out the idea that it can't be a previous month's toon? Since weren't both log in toons before?
    There have been repeats before.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

Seems lazy to me. Kind of irked they can’t give a useful character as a login toon. Most players have had Poe and Finn for awhile (speed mods).
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Seems lazy to me. Kind of irked they can’t give a useful character as a login toon. Most players have had Poe and Finn for awhile (speed mods).

Log in characters exist to benefit newer players, not veterans—we have enough benefits already.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There have been repeats before.

Yeah but the last few months there have been mentions of the characters suggested having already been a log in character, so it was less likely. Eh, either way they're both 7* for me so they're shard shop currency.
  • Options
    OMG will you get off the Light SIde will you. You know the Rebels and Resistance are the bad guys. Why? Most people are starting to hate them! I wish Rey was dead, and killed off in the movies. Here are some suggestions,

1. Give Cad Bane a Zeta. If you ever watched Clone Wars Cad Bane was kick ****. Why he does not have a Zeta I don't know.

2. Can we have a 5th Genosian please. Give us Queen of the Genosians and do a total rewrite of Poggle.

3. Where is Jobba the Hutt in the game? (Your Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on me.) A Character immune to any Jedi Debuff.

4. Revamp the Dark SIde Droids.

5. Was it Darth Vader who kicked CLS's butt in Empire Strikes Back. Make Vader as powerful as CLS!

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    OMG will you get off the Light SIde will you. You know the Rebels and Resistance are the bad guys. Why? Most people are starting to hate them! I wish Rey was dead, and killed off in the movies.

Lol ok.
    3. Where is Jobba the Hutt in the game?

No such character.
  • Options
    You know the Rebels and Resistance are the bad guys. Why? Most people are starting to hate them! I wish Rey was dead, and killed off in the movies.
    ...Yes. That's why it's grossed more in a couple weeks than New Hope did in 40 years. Go back to /r/pol.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I thought that post was dumb too but that's hardly a fair comparison, when ticket prices are like 40x or whatever.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I thought that post was dumb too but that's hardly a fair comparison, when ticket prices are like 40x or whatever.

Cant like enough. I know the previous person before you is trollin, but people who go off gross $$ dont understand the difference between then and now. Its like saying a $2 king size Hershey bar today is better than the $0.10 king size bar of yesterday, when in fact its the same in taste, and actually probably smaller than what it was back in the day.

~D
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Sure. But 40 years is far more than 40x or whatever 3 weeks.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    You're saying that ANH is only so far ahead because of how long it's been since it came out? Come on.
This discussion has been closed.