January Event Calendar and Login Toons - (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    When was the last time we got a new toon as a login character? Not too sure why people keep on spamming these out. Far more likely to be someone related to but not the same as an event toon for the month

Good question. I think maybe Pao or Bodhi Rook? I know Bistan was, for sure, but I think one of those other two was also a login character. Chopper was as well, but I think Phoenix characters released before Rogue One.

Time blurs together. Anything that happened more than two months ago may as well as have happened at the same time.

Don’t remember Bistan, but Pao and Chopper we’re introduced via the daily login. Bodhi came for free when they released Rogue One on DVD/Bluray/download
  • Options
    id like a rian johnson in jar jar disguise for giving us one of the worst blockbusters ever
  • Options
    Paticlese wrote: »
    Dark Helmet, Princess Vespa and Lone Star! Oh and Barf the Mog!

omg this please, since they made Mary Poppins a canon, why such a classic shouldn't be?
  • Options
    It will almost certainly be a character from the Last Jedi movie - any new characters we see introduced in the game for the next month or more are unlikely to be anything else.
  • Options
    Could the remaining Last Jedi stuff be later? Looking at 2016 with Rogue One, lots of characters and ships were introduced in November and December for the release of the movie. After that? 2017:

January – Finn (FN-2187) (Krennic and Death Trooper Marquee events)
    February – Kylo Ren
    March - Chopper
    April - Pao. (bodhi rook also released for Rogue One to DVD)

Point being? People are probably right that login toon will be related to TLJ, but that isn’t based on what they have done in the past with our previous unit releases. I would definitely expect some marquee events in January related to the film. Porg, Diamond Wolf, or the blue milk animal as this year’s April fool’s joke.

• Options
    Did I miss something?
    Why do so many people think the January login character will be a new toon?
  • Options
    Did I miss something?
    Why do so many people think the January login character will be a new toon?

Speaking for myself, I'm going with hopeful thinking. We can dream, right?
  • Options
    Rose Tico and we’ll all be disappointed and uninterested.
  • Options
    The calendar is not very helpful because only the hidden events really matter
  • Options
    Dec. 31st 11:59 59 seconds
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Closing the Thread:
    Kozi intends to get the Jan events posted closer to the end of December. She will update as we get closer, so patience may be required.

Stay tuned in the announcements and have a GREAT Holiday!

There’s your answer.
  • Options
    30 and 31 are weekend days.
    I will not be there on the weekend, will it be on the 29th?
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Dec. 31st 11:59 59 seconds
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Closing the Thread:
    Kozi intends to get the Jan events posted closer to the end of December. She will update as we get closer, so patience may be required.

Stay tuned in the announcements and have a GREAT Holiday!

There’s your answer.

I only
    Know one truth

IMG_0641.gif
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    There is only one answer: Soon.
  • Options
    d598479483987de40909856ccac69d616dc927fb_hq.gif

B2 Battle Droid will be the login character complete with Separatist faction pass! It's long overdue!
  • Options
    Why would you assume they have to present at a keyboard to post the calendar. Maybe they have the ability to auto post at a given time. I think I will see it New Year’s Day.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »

Not true. I want to see how many TB and TW we'll have.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

2 tb, plus 4 tw, pretty much the same every month
  • Options
    The January calendar will only be viewable as a pop up in game.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    The January calendar will only be viewable as a pop up in game.

Lmao
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Except they already changed the stated cadence once.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Except they already changed the stated cadence once.

A lot of things have been changed with out prior knowledge or in the middle of something like a Tb. Nothing ever happens until it does.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Indeed. This is how it is for me. The only events that show up are ones that have been here multiple times already, and I have already cleared with no issue. I stopped paying attention to the calendar after they wouldn't put Thrawn on for his first return.
  • Options
    You all were the "are we there yet?" kids...weren't you?
  • Options
    Barf is the January login character.

I would be ok with the Spaceballs being in this game.

1000% yes. Why not.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    How does the usual rotation go? We had Veers/Tarkin/Chirpa/Farmboy/Phasma/Talia/FOTP+ ship/ Rey/ so I'd guess were in for a lightside character...any faction in need of a rework?...jedi/jawas/clones of LS. Id personally hope for clones and would guess Fives as a login. If it were jedis, how about Anakin?

I'm expecting a Bounty Hunter rework soon because of the DSTB requirements. I would guess a Bounty hunter login character (one we already have), then a bounty hunter marquee later with a few new toons. Then, these new toons would become free to play (almost) just in time for the Solo movie (May 25). They would (of course) be required to unlock some new OP toon from the movie which would cause an eruption of angry posts on the forum.
    I know I'm a little cynical, but, it makes sense and totally fits the MO.
  • Parableman
    642 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    They actually said that they might change the TW and TB cadence in the new year. They said they were leaving it as it was for the rest of the year and will save any alterations for January. That might mean the Jan calendar will have the changes, or it might mean they will have a conversation about it in January that will affect things going forward from that point, i.e. implementing it in February. Or they could have that conversation in January and therefore leave them off the January calendar, to be added when they decide what they're doing. Or they might simply have decided not to change anything.

Since today is the last weekday of December, we will likely see the calendar today. And there will likely be a forced restart, because they have to put the January login character in. What they said is that the last update was the last game update. This would be a hotfix, not a game update.
  • Options
    No calendar yet, but we know one thing--Defense of Dathomir (or whatever the Talzin one is called) is coming early January. It's already showing up in the queue.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Happy holidays! Can you add the dates for the Defense of Dathomir event to the January calendar? Thanks, CG!!
This discussion has been closed.