Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    WhiteGold wrote: »
    So a lot of the comments about how people think these reworks aren’t that good are coming from long time players who have a ton of different characters at their disposal. I’d like to point out as a fairly new player (3 months) that EP/DV reworks look fantastic for me personally. I wasn’t able to get CLS as I’m f2p and went the phoenix route and (provided I can get palp maxed this time) I’m super excited to see these toons getting some amazing zetas worth investing in. I’d planned to zeta vader first for the pit but was still a bit uneasy about using my first zeta on a toon I probably wouldn’t be able to use in arena much if at all. Now with these reworks, there is no doubt in my mind that Zader is the way to go. He will have incredible speed as well as the ability to debuff and keep enemies debuffed which will give my team even more tm when going against cleansers like chirrut. Palp might be a better leader long term, but i can work on 3 of these zeta’s while still having a solid zeta leader for my empire/sith arena team. Plus even with my limited mods i can already have 3 toons at close to 200+ speed and dominate my arena with just 1 zeta and i can keep investing my zeta mats into this team without the feeling of having wasted any resources. Anyone who hasn’t been playing for a long time ought to be extremely excited about these reworks because they will be epic for those of us who can’t get JTR, GK, Raid Han or CLS for a while. It’s a huge boost for f2p players as it allows us the option to have a team that can hang in there with the big guns even if it’s not quite as good as CLS, JTR...(which seems to be the consensus from long time players/p2p). Besides that, these are two of the my personal favorite toons in the franchise/game so I’ll enjoy using them even more. Anyone else who loves the original trilogy would agree that these two characters ought to be two of the best in the game.

That’s because the super long time players only care about arena and they suck at predicting everything. They said R2 was gonna be weak and that RJT wasn’t good enough to be the new meta.

In my experience never trust these internet whiners that create whiny posts everytime they don’t get their way, be excited if these are characters you like because in a month or two someone will have figured out how to make a meta team out of them instead of crying for more on the forums all day.

Who said R2 was going to be weak? As soon as his kit was released it was obvious that he was going to be meta changing. R2 was released when zMaul was the meta and burning effectively ended that. The issue with R2 was that he was released during the Empire faction pass. The best toon to come out of the Empire pass should not have been a rebel.

Perhaps @Mol_Zakore was thinking of BB8. The reaction to his kit was that he wasn't even worth having, then he immediately proved to be an amazing raid toon. It was actually how laughably wrong most everyone was about the little ball that convinced me to go ahead and push for Rey in spite of the meh reaction to her initially.

Point being, people have been plenty wrong about the effectiveness of characters in the past, we really won't know until people start to get their hands on the changes. And lets not forget that CG hasn't said anywhere that these reworks were the last of things for this month... we could still see a whole lot more.
  • Options
    So a lot of the comments about how people think these reworks aren’t that good are coming from long time players who have a ton of different characters at their disposal. I’d like to point out as a fairly new player (3 months) that EP/DV reworks look fantastic for me personally. I wasn’t able to get CLS as I’m f2p and went the phoenix route and (provided I can get palp maxed this time) I’m super excited to see these toons getting some amazing zetas worth investing in. I’d planned to zeta vader first for the pit but was still a bit uneasy about using my first zeta on a toon I probably wouldn’t be able to use in arena much if at all. Now with these reworks, there is no doubt in my mind that Zader is the way to go. He will have incredible speed as well as the ability to debuff and keep enemies debuffed which will give my team even more tm when going against cleansers like chirrut. Palp might be a better leader long term, but i can work on 3 of these zeta’s while still having a solid zeta leader for my empire/sith arena team. Plus even with my limited mods i can already have 3 toons at close to 200+ speed and dominate my arena with just 1 zeta and i can keep investing my zeta mats into this team without the feeling of having wasted any resources. Anyone who hasn’t been playing for a long time ought to be extremely excited about these reworks because they will be epic for those of us who can’t get JTR, GK, Raid Han or CLS for a while. It’s a huge boost for f2p players as it allows us the option to have a team that can hang in there with the big guns even if it’s not quite as good as CLS, JTR...(which seems to be the consensus from long time players/p2p). Besides that, these are two of the my personal favorite toons in the franchise/game so I’ll enjoy using them even more. Anyone else who loves the original trilogy would agree that these two characters ought to be two of the best in the game.

That’s because the super long time players only care about arena and they suck at predicting everything. They said R2 was gonna be weak and that RJT wasn’t good enough to be the new meta.

In my experience never trust these internet whiners that create whiny posts everytime they don’t get their way, be excited if these are characters you like because in a month or two someone will have figured out how to make a meta team out of them instead of crying for more on the forums all day.

Who said R2 was going to be weak? As soon as his kit was released it was obvious that he was going to be meta changing. R2 was released when zMaul was the meta and burning effectively ended that. The issue with R2 was that he was released during the Empire faction pass. The best toon to come out of the Empire pass should not have been a rebel.

I can recall a few posts saying R2 was gonna suck and for Zmaul users not to worry until about a day into his release.
    In fact just about every character except CLS had atleast a few posts saying the character or rework would be lackluster and turned out to be meta changing lol.

People are wrong on here consistently, no one knows until we see it in action and speculation really needs to quit being taken so seriously.
  • Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    It's painful that the resistance was largely immune from this dark side update.

Hardly surprising though with Jedi Rey being fairly new.
  • Options

I can recall a few posts saying R2 was gonna suck and for Zmaul users not to worry until about a day into his release.
    In fact just about every character except CLS had atleast a few posts saying the character or rework would be lackluster and turned out to be meta changing lol.

People are wrong on here consistently, no one knows until we see it in action and speculation really needs to quit being taken so seriously.

People are wrong, R2 is a poor example of that. The overwhelming feeling was that he was going to shift the meta.
  • Options

People are wrong, R2 is a poor example of that. The overwhelming feeling was that he was going to shift the meta.

Yeah, I think BB8 is a better example. The kit was very questionable but obviously you can drop 25-35mil damage using the bugger. Still - BB8 didn't get arena cred until JTR came - so it was semi Valid.

Still - seems KRU got the direct to DVD treatment though. I like his kit - but it's like since there was 0 Arena penetration there wasn't a point.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    KRU just has terribly low damage output. His stun and leadership abilities are great, but he doesn't do any damage.
  • Options
    So we all know new abilities added to EP and DV. What kind of mods do you guys suggest for best efficiency?
  • Options
    I still use zMaul against R2 without issues.

So when is this update coming?

• Options

• Options

The Status states that it will be today, unless it gets delayed, so, just have a bit of patience.
  • Options
    Would've been nice of them to release it earlier today so we could've thoroughly playtested it in TW against other Arena level teams. Opportunity missed.
  • Options

The Status states that it will be today, unless it gets delayed, so, just have a bit of patience.

I held off on my arena battles and dropped to like 47 so I can try this lol
  • Options

Same, lol. I even changed my mods. I hope it drops before my payout
  • Options

Just chill, the update status is on working now, all should be on time for the arena rewards in my opinion.
  • Options
    This change nothing, CLS meta with GK win. All is wrong after CLS and REY. I have farmed Sith with 96k Power with good mods and i lost vs 72k CLS or Rey team. Nothing happened, another useless update.
  • Options
    CoBaLtCC wrote: »
    This change nothing, CLS meta with GK win. All is wrong after CLS and REY. I have farmed Sith with 96k Power with good mods and i lost vs 72k CLS or Rey team. Nothing happened, another useless update.

You might be missing something, keep searching. I, too, have suffered at the hands of CLS and now JTRey. But I fought back and can hold my own with an all-Empire team, even before the rework. Keep the faith, search within for your own flaws, and eliminate them...

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Just chill, the update status is on working now, all should be on time for the arena rewards in my opinion.

You know people have different arena payouts based on their time zones right?
  • Options

Troll.

If not, then go back and read previous pages.... or ya know the couple right above you.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options

Update hasn't happened yet so naturally nothing has changed. Side note, power does not mean squat in Arena matchups, my 92k NS/GK slaughters 106k+ JTR or GK teams.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Update dropped 30 minutes ago. Palp and Vader have their duel zetas and Vader’s Unique is awesome. Sith Marauder is going to sweeten the team. Now dark side just needs B.B.-9E and R2-Q5 to slam CLS/R2 and JTR/basketball teams.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon why doesn’t Darth Vader’s basic have rebels in the description like the update says it will?
  • Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon why doesn’t Darth Vader’s basic have rebels in the description like the update says it will?

It's getting fixed.
  • Options
    I know its still early but i'm pretty sure, a lot of you guys already zeta'd the two. i just want to know your comments before i decide which route i'd go. Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm hearing to hold off. They're great on offense, but terrible on defense so far
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    also saw posts about newly zetad EP DV squads getting squished easily by CLS Raid han squads

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    Darth Vader Thrawn Emperor Palpatine +2 could be the new meta imo. Not sure which two though.

You mean this :
    f3vqs4.jpg

omg vid plz?

edit: lol skipped like 23 pages, sorry if posted but repost plz?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    no vid, it was a comment from a diff thread
  • Options
    I can't believe that some people actually thought that the devs would change the meta to a couple of toons that literally EVERYONE has at 7 stars... Wow... SMH...
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I can't believe that some people actually thought that the devs would change the meta to a couple of toons that literally EVERYONE has at 7 stars... Wow... SMH...

Seems to be working for me... I'm at rank 5 right now.