Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    We ask for a Sith rework and get one and people are still moaning! I think their is real balance in the game at last and this rework will only help. There are at least 5 different factions that with the right mods and gear can be competitive. So moaners either stop complaining and enjoy the game or quit!
  • Options
    We ask for a Sith rework and get one and people are still moaning! I think their is real balance in the game at last and this rework will only help. There are at least 5 different factions that with the right mods and gear can be competitive. So moaners either stop complaining and enjoy the game or quit!

Sir yes sir! I'm removing the game right now. This is discussion topic no one will ask permission for "moaning".
  • Options
    I too dont understand why ppl are happy about these reworks. Noone needs CLS counter, cause we already have it - GK/Barriss. And it's been here since CLS was introduced half a year ago. As a matter of fact, the only time I was constantly in top 10 was during that period before JTR came. Now JTR is everywhere and CLS is almost gone. So what will it counter in the first place?
    Yes, DV and palp will be better, but that's it. And the cost will be 60 zetas???
  • Options
    I will fully experiment with bringing a fast TFP back under zZader.
    Will hit like a truck and get loads of TM, plus ability block and buff immunity and tenacity down eh.

zZader TFP Thrawn EP + tank (ST, Shore, Storm, GK)
  • Options
    I feel this was more to help with DS TB IMO with the whole going against all the rebels Vader and EP lead teams will easily chew through them.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Radonis wrote: »
    I feel this was more to help with DS TB IMO with the whole going against all the rebels Vader and EP lead teams will easily chew through them.

That's a good point. Also, it will shake up TW a bit, as they will likely wreck Phoenix teams which are often used on defense.
  • Options
    So barring any “technical difficulties” is it safe to assume the update will be live today (Feb. 7th) around 5PM PST?
  • Options
    When old Rex users think he's going to comeback in Arena...

giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • Options
    Richard wrote: »
    Most will disagree with me but i think both zetas will be useless against current meta. Ok they will be good counter to CLS and NS teams but I don't see much CLS teams at top 50 all JTR and few NS. There is only 2 or 3 CLS teams. At least it's like this at old shards. We needed counter to JTR teams and I'm not sure this is it.

Everybody was complaining about Emperor's fragility but you will still have to protect him with decent tanks. 50 percent protection up won't help too much. Dealing 20 percent health damage is also kinda useless since protection has much more stats. Maybe it'd help at the end game but if you can come this much you probably will win already. I'd rather see more protection based abilities. Even that removing refreshing shock ability from Emperor is a big downside. I'm already using him at arena and I'd prefer refreshing shock to Crackling Doom zeta.

Also Vader won't be efficient against JTR teams. Even his huge speed boost won't reach to bb8 jtr r2d2's speed.

So i think they will be 2nd best meta team but won't be rival to JTR teams.

Thrawn's lead does well vs. RJT - ... could see Thrawn + IPD + Vader / EP + Shore putting in some work on RJT

Why ppl keep sayin counters to me. Counter teams are not meant to be meta. I'm already running that team and can reach to top spot easily but it's defence is awful sometimes they even kick me beyond 100's while JTR teams stays in top 30 always. And it's very specific team who has IPD? In my shard and guild only i have it. I don't think these reworks will make a difference about defence so it's kinda useless. It will just help against NS for me. This reworks just for removing cls teams and make JTR meta even stronger why everybody is happy about this?

The thing is there is no team that REALLY holds well on defense these days, and inho thats a good thing. JTR can be easily beaten by Troopers, Nightsisters and even a classic Titan team works very well against them.

The main reasons for dropping on defense are:
    - not beeing organised in shard chat
    - running a non meta team and there get targeted a lot more (its stupid I know but thats how it is)
    - running a Team that performs bad under AI
  • Options

That is true, but are you going to invest 60 zetas in 2 chars just to get 1 or 2 more stars in TB? I dont think so. Same goes for TW. Even if the whole guild invest in them and that gives them advantage in TW, and the guild wins constantly, it will take FIVE MONTHS just to get those 60 zetas back.
    The number 1 priority for 90% of the players is Arena.That's where you get the most valuable currency. Everything else comes second.

• Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    First off all the rex users. Just because vader and palps is coming back doesn't mean tfp cant. Which is fully capable with minimum mods to beat a 220 rex. There, ur still debuffed. Also please stop using gk in ur rex squad. This is how you are losing. You are giving away the ability to be crit on which makes it easy for me to slaughter you with a cls squad.

Second this rework is going to own hardcore. Love it thanks devs

W-what 220 rex? :flushed:
    20180207_174637.jpg
    Can reach 285 if i move around mods, like his past primetime :wink:

GK n rex is match from heaven. Just let AI attack GK with taunt, also R2 pseudo taunt make GK the only target available. Meanwhile rest of the team charge their TM. Crit immunity buff just a failsafe to reduce enemy attack in worst case scenario.

Btw, why worried about rex? AI won't use squad discipline at first run. Unless u bring nihilus in team :open_mouth:
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What are u talking about, these reworks are just for DS TW? Who cares about this nonsense TW, still full of bugs and a lot of extra work. Most just run it on auto and call it a day.

What matters in this game is arena, only sorce for daily gross income crystals. And as it seems these new toons may change or will be part of the meta. That's important! Hard nodes, GW and other battles are just to farm or pass time.

Above all, we finally might have a real dark side meta or maybe some balance that we all are complaining for centuries to happen!! Because for a long time, all we saw were mediocre rebel pilots and some insignificant toons being among the best on this game.
  • Options
    Most will disagree with me but i think both zetas will be useless against current meta. Ok they will be good counter to CLS and NS teams but I don't see much CLS teams at top 50 all JTR and few NS. There is only 2 or 3 CLS teams. At least it's like this at old shards. We needed counter to JTR teams and I'm not sure this is it.

Everybody was complaining about Emperor's fragility but you will still have to protect him with decent tanks. 50 percent protection up won't help too much. Dealing 20 percent health damage is also kinda useless since protection has much more stats. Maybe it'd help at the end game but if you can come this much you probably will win already. I'd rather see more protection based abilities. Even that removing refreshing shock ability from Emperor is a big downside. I'm already using him at arena and I'd prefer refreshing shock to Crackling Doom zeta.

Also Vader won't be efficient against JTR teams. Even his huge speed boost won't reach to bb8 jtr r2d2's speed.

Thrawn's lead does well vs. RJT - ... could see Thrawn + IPD + Vader / EP + Shore putting in some work on RJT

Why ppl keep sayin counters to me. Counter teams are not meant to be meta. I'm already running that team and can reach to top spot easily but it's defence is awful sometimes they even kick me beyond 100's while JTR teams stays in top 30 always. And it's very specific team who has IPD? In my shard and guild only i have it. I don't think these reworks will make a difference about defence so it's kinda useless. It will just help against NS for me. This reworks just for removing cls teams and make JTR meta even stronger why everybody is happy about this?

You specifically stated we need a counter to RJT squads in the prior email :)

Reading back on that post I think you're just way too down on these reworks in general. If you're taking 1 with that Thrawn lead today and using EP/DV ... and EP / DV are getting sizable improvements, how will this not help you hold better on defense?
  • Options
    These reworks might not seem enough to some but let's keep in mind there might be some new Siths coming soon. They might make all the difference. :)
  • Options
    KrasenYan wrote: »
    I too dont understand why ppl are happy about these reworks. Noone needs CLS counter, cause we already have it - GK/Barriss. And it's been here since CLS was introduced half a year ago. As a matter of fact, the only time I was constantly in top 10 was during that period before JTR came. Now JTR is everywhere and CLS is almost gone. So what will it counter in the first place?
    Yes, DV and palp will be better, but that's it. And the cost will be 60 zetas???

You know nothing Jon Snow
  • Options
    Call me crazy but! These are two toons, that most have, and most have geared up. 2 toons deserving to be better than what they were because they are so iconic. Don’t want to put a zeta on them- awesome- they are still better than what they were.
    This isn’t a power creep it’s making existing things significantly better. Which is awesome. These reworks and the kru/silencer on a 10 energy cantina node is a breath of fresh air. Also! They are ds and Empire and sith. So much winning.
    Rtj counter or opposing meta will happen - get your probe shards and put the zeta on the unique.
  • Options
    People saying its not worth 60zetas.... Some of us dont have anyone else worthy to zeta right now so its not a waste!
    I should have Vader g12 by tomorrow and EP not too far behind so im very happy with this news
  • Options
    KrasenYan wrote: »

That is true, but are you going to invest 60 zetas in 2 chars just to get 1 or 2 more stars in TB? I dont think so. Same goes for TW. Even if the whole guild invest in them and that gives them advantage in TW, and the guild wins constantly, it will take FIVE MONTHS just to get those 60 zetas back.
    The number 1 priority for 90% of the players is Arena.That's where you get the most valuable currency. Everything else comes second.

You're forgetting people play to have fun and win the game. Not just make resource tradeoff decisions. If spending a zeta or two now gets you 4/4 on DS TB or gives you 2 more wins in TW and that's your goal and it makes you enjoy the game than that's what someone will do.

Arena isn't end game content though - it's just a means to get resources. If you're playing just for arena I don't see the point in bothering to play..you're just chasing your tail to gather resources so you can ... continue to gather resources? You can never actually beat arena, you really can't improve consistently - at best you can maintain, and it's terribly monotonous. Raids, TBs, and TWs are where they have created new challenges since the inception of the game. If you're just playing arena to continue to stay good at arena I don't see the point of playing; you're just trying to swim in quicksand.
  • Options

You specifically stated we need a counter to RJT squads in the prior email :)

Reading back on that post I think you're just way too down on these reworks in general. If you're taking 1 with that Thrawn lead today and using EP/DV ... and EP / DV are getting sizable improvements, how will this not help you hold better on defense?

Ok just change Counter to Answer i didn't mean a counter team my bad. I'm just crazy about everybody reads only that sentence as if i only write it and keep saying same things to me :)

I know even Ewoks are counter to them but they have much more downside they are just for beat JTR. You got a point other teams will struggle a lot but i'm still saying that none of these upgrades useful against JTR.

By the way i'm running Thrawn EP IPD Shore Storm. Maybe i'd replace Storm with Vader but i have worries about using only 1 tank.
  • Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    First off all the rex users. Just because vader and palps is coming back doesn't mean tfp cant. Which is fully capable with minimum mods to beat a 220 rex. There, ur still debuffed. Also please stop using gk in ur rex squad. This is how you are losing. You are giving away the ability to be crit on which makes it easy for me to slaughter you with a cls squad.

Second this rework is going to own hardcore. Love it thanks devs

You're baze and chirrut are as good as dead. Aren't you glad you invested so much in them. ?

Hi bar, you ****
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    And then we pair ep, and vader with the Sith assassin ;)
    Unlimited speed!

I believe the term you were looking for was:

ludicrous_speed.jpg

Love it

• Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Toots wrote: »
    Probably a bug on my device then. They get cleansed for me and never reapply.its why I don’t use him on the tank, because they don’t refresh on the tank either.

It doesn’t matter either way, raid han goes first and stuns Vader then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs that last for three turns to expire, so he can gain a whole 5% per. I mean, I’m no expert, but why would I want to gain tm at the end of the rebels turn when it’s most likely my turn anyway?

Raid han does first and stuns Vader ---

Ok, makes sense, han also should lose about 6k health just from attacking this turn. I can't really counter argue anything else for this besides the fact that Vader with good mods should be around 300 speed vs you. So the stun isn't gonna last long.

--- then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs ---

So your r2 and luke just somehow keep Vader stunlocked the entire match ? That's your game plan here? Like I said before Vader in this fight with decent mods will be around 300+ speed. Everytime your Luke gives out tm and makes your rebels faster, you got to remember they are losing chunks of hp each time they move. Thrawn will probably be with Vader and Palp, he counters your "magical stunlock" strategy by having a cleanse and a tm swap. Vader doesn't need to wait for debuffs for tm gain. He can gain 100% tm after his aoe under Palp L, along with 100% health. He also can ability block your toons at will. He also has a possible OHKO.
    Meanwhile your zolo just lost like 18k hp from using his 3 turn combo, Luke's tmr moves won't work on Vader.

Man, Vader and palp with thrawn and 2 more will shut down cls squads, trust me. All of your cls tm gain is working against them, basically killing themselves. Vader is a speed demo at 300 speed, gaining 20% tm and 20% health everytime his basic hits one of your rebels.

This . Brilliant.
    And while were talking about what ifs . What if vader palp team also have solo and they go first :)

The thing is, they don't even need zolo for his shoot first ability. Thier tm gain, vaders speed, the debuff train, and the health gain is insane.

Imagine mid-match a 300 Speed Vader using his aoe
    Then he gains 100% tm and health under Palp L,
    Then uses Culling blade to kill someone which also gives him another 100% tm
    And then he finishes with his basic landing an unresistable ability block...giving him another 20% tm and health.

Will be devastating for cls rebel squads.

Not only that, but pair those 2 up with Wampa. AOE daze, so buhbye to all that TM gain from CLS... and Wampa smacks rebels for about 25k on his basic, and more if Vader has loaded up a good amount of dots. CLS is done for.

JTR, on the other hand... not quite sure how Vader/Palp deals with their almost unlimited TM gain and foresight. And only R2 is a rebel there, and he'll be stealthed about 90% of the match.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That's a good point. Also, it will shake up TW a bit, as they will likely wreck Phoenix teams which are often used on defense.

This Vader buff isn't needed vs Pnx. Empire (+Wampa if you like) already wrecks Phoenix pretty badly.
  • Options
    Anyone thought of using Zidious with a Zzader lead Lineup? More DoTs on the board
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I hear you. I've gotta bad feeling about this...

sqtko.jpg
  • Options
    So a lot of the comments about how people think these reworks aren’t that good are coming from long time players who have a ton of different characters at their disposal. I’d like to point out as a fairly new player (3 months) that EP/DV reworks look fantastic for me personally. I wasn’t able to get CLS as I’m f2p and went the phoenix route and (provided I can get palp maxed this time) I’m super excited to see these toons getting some amazing zetas worth investing in. I’d planned to zeta vader first for the pit but was still a bit uneasy about using my first zeta on a toon I probably wouldn’t be able to use in arena much if at all. Now with these reworks, there is no doubt in my mind that Zader is the way to go. He will have incredible speed as well as the ability to debuff and keep enemies debuffed which will give my team even more tm when going against cleansers like chirrut. Palp might be a better leader long term, but i can work on 3 of these zeta’s while still having a solid zeta leader for my empire/sith arena team. Plus even with my limited mods i can already have 3 toons at close to 200+ speed and dominate my arena with just 1 zeta and i can keep investing my zeta mats into this team without the feeling of having wasted any resources. Anyone who hasn’t been playing for a long time ought to be extremely excited about these reworks because they will be epic for those of us who can’t get JTR, GK, Raid Han or CLS for a while. It’s a huge boost for f2p players as it allows us the option to have a team that can hang in there with the big guns even if it’s not quite as good as CLS, JTR...(which seems to be the consensus from long time players/p2p). Besides that, these are two of the my personal favorite toons in the franchise/game so I’ll enjoy using them even more. Anyone else who loves the original trilogy would agree that these two characters ought to be two of the best in the game.
  • Options
    @Redeemerr Interesting...thoughts about dusting off a G12 zooku. Maybe Zpalp, zader (unique), Thrawn, Zihilus, and Zooku/DT?

What Empire/Sith team(s) would you suggest? Looking to switch my arena up w/the reworks. https://swgoh.gg/u/maximaslada/

• Options
    WhiteGold wrote: »
    So a lot of the comments about how people think these reworks aren’t that good are coming from long time players who have a ton of different characters at their disposal. I’d like to point out as a fairly new player (3 months) that EP/DV reworks look fantastic for me personally. I wasn’t able to get CLS as I’m f2p and went the phoenix route and (provided I can get palp maxed this time) I’m super excited to see these toons getting some amazing zetas worth investing in. I’d planned to zeta vader first for the pit but was still a bit uneasy about using my first zeta on a toon I probably wouldn’t be able to use in arena much if at all. Now with these reworks, there is no doubt in my mind that Zader is the way to go. He will have incredible speed as well as the ability to debuff and keep enemies debuffed which will give my team even more tm when going against cleansers like chirrut. Palp might be a better leader long term, but i can work on 3 of these zeta’s while still having a solid zeta leader for my empire/sith arena team. Plus even with my limited mods i can already have 3 toons at close to 200+ speed and dominate my arena with just 1 zeta and i can keep investing my zeta mats into this team without the feeling of having wasted any resources. Anyone who hasn’t been playing for a long time ought to be extremely excited about these reworks because they will be epic for those of us who can’t get JTR, GK, Raid Han or CLS for a while. It’s a huge boost for f2p players as it allows us the option to have a team that can hang in there with the big guns even if it’s not quite as good as CLS, JTR...(which seems to be the consensus from long time players/p2p). Besides that, these are two of the my personal favorite toons in the franchise/game so I’ll enjoy using them even more. Anyone else who loves the original trilogy would agree that these two characters ought to be two of the best in the game.

That’s because the super long time players only care about arena and they suck at predicting everything. They said R2 was gonna be weak and that RJT wasn’t good enough to be the new meta.

In my experience never trust these internet whiners that create whiny posts everytime they don’t get their way, be excited if these are characters you like because in a month or two someone will have figured out how to make a meta team out of them instead of crying for more on the forums all day.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    In my experience never trust these internet whiners that create whiny posts everytime they don’t get their way, be excited if these are characters you like because in a month or two someone will have figured out how to make a meta team out of them instead of crying for more on the forums all day.
    Agree. Just be happy Devs are putting effort into reworking old characters.
  • Options
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    WhiteGold wrote: »

That’s because the super long time players only care about arena and they suck at predicting everything. They said R2 was gonna be weak and that RJT wasn’t good enough to be the new meta.

Who said R2 was going to be weak? As soon as his kit was released it was obvious that he was going to be meta changing. R2 was released when zMaul was the meta and burning effectively ended that. The issue with R2 was that he was released during the Empire faction pass. The best toon to come out of the Empire pass should not have been a rebel.