Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Rex can handle JTR team well, why not with new papa palpi n vader? Yes it's hurt to cleanse, but at least it can resist stun, shock, ability block.

Rex will not alone, he will accompany with zR2, chirrut, GK. There's small percentage vader AI will targeted rex first. It's random.

Also remember.. what's good on text doesn't guarantee good on reality :wink:

Probably because Vader will go before Rex and use his AOE, then under an Emperor lead he'll go again with the damage improved Culling Blade. Rex is done if targeted with that. OR Vader can ability block Rex for a turn and go from there.

I don't foresee Rex making a strong comeback. He might pop up but he won't be one of the big 4 (CLS, JTR, NS, Vader/Emp)
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Rex can handle JTR team well, why not with new papa palpi n vader? Yes it's hurt to cleanse, but at least it can resist stun, shock, ability block.

Rex will not alone, he will accompany with zR2, chirrut, GK. There's small percentage vader AI will targeted rex first. It's random.

Probably because Vader will go before Rex and use his AOE, then under an Emperor lead he'll go again with the damage improved Culling Blade. Rex is done if targeted with that. OR Vader can ability block Rex for a turn and go from there.

I don't foresee Rex making a strong comeback. He might pop up but he won't be one of the big 4 (CLS, JTR, NS, Vader/Emp)

This works only on offense, though. AI Vader will likely still open with the AoE, but the subsequent culling blade will be random.
  • Options

I see.. in that case, probably need pre taunt tank with huge HP to minimize force crush then curling blade (baze/shore/kru).

Rex will not doing comeback, people who fight him in defence know the drill. I see rex just as alternative as offence squad for fight new papa palpi/vader.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

This works only on offense, though. AI Vader will likely still open with the AoE, but the subsequent culling blade will be random.

Yes.. yes.. bcause arena now is more diverse, sometimes we need to adapt by use different team comp :lol:
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    lovemat wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    Darth Vader Thrawn Emperor Palpatine +2 could be the new meta imo. Not sure which two though.

I'm trying CLS and R2 with them

Shore and Boba/Tarkin might fit better.

Tarkin is gear 8 ,boba is gear 7,and just unlocked shore trooper a couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    Gonna need to put my fastest speed mods on Chirrut and hope he goes first
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Gonna need to put my fastest speed mods on Chirrut and hope he goes first

Or.. use han solo. He always shoot first, although vader have 1000+ speed :tongue:
  • Options
    Richard wrote: »
    Most will disagree with me but i think both zetas will be useless against current meta. Ok they will be good counter to CLS and NS teams but I don't see much CLS teams at top 50 all JTR and few NS. There is only 2 or 3 CLS teams. At least it's like this at old shards. We needed counter to JTR teams and I'm not sure this is it.

Everybody was complaining about Emperor's fragility but you will still have to protect him with decent tanks. 50 percent protection up won't help too much. Dealing 20 percent health damage is also kinda useless since protection has much more stats. Maybe it'd help at the end game but if you can come this much you probably will win already. I'd rather see more protection based abilities. Even that removing refreshing shock ability from Emperor is a big downside. I'm already using him at arena and I'd prefer refreshing shock to Crackling Doom zeta.

Also Vader won't be efficient against JTR teams. Even his huge speed boost won't reach to bb8 jtr r2d2's speed.

So i think they will be 2nd best meta team but won't be rival to JTR teams.

Thrawn's lead does well vs. RJT - ... could see Thrawn + IPD + Vader / EP + Shore putting in some work on RJT
  • Options
    Devs...thanks so much for revamping these classic characters. I know Disney and the suits want to push TLJ and noob characters like Rose, Holdo, FOE, and KRU...but this restores a lot of my faith in this game that the classic characters won't be abandoned and discarded to the side of the road like they were by Rian Johnson in TLJ and this new trilogy in general. Appreciate you all putting some RESPEK on their names and not letting them die offscreen (RIP AA).
  • Options
    I just wish one of their AoEs would remove buffs from the enemy team.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    Arcaver wrote: »
    I just wish one of their AoEs would remove buffs from the enemy team.

That's what Death Trooper is for.
  • Options
    Cool. Everyone and their moms already has EP and Vader at GX-11ish and 40-100 banked zeta mats.

It's going to be EP/Vader vs Vader/EP 24/7 all day everyday (like a month?) until a a bunch of new OP toons comes out immediately after. By then you will all have wasted all your banked gear and mats.

This could be true! But its a win for players like me who Vader and EP are my favourite characters. My top 50 in shard right now is all CL and JR teams with the odd NS squad.

This game needa to find a balance where there is no "best" squad. Back in the day you would see droid squads, clone squads, bount hunters.. Nowdays every new player just herms pheonix and who can blame them? They're used in SO many events.

A little diversity would be refreshing, that's all im saying :smiley:
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon its kind of important to know if EP and Vader will have their updated kits in the upcoming TW....
  • Options
    Really can't believe there's any negativity towards this. I can't see any new op toons on the horizon, this is at least in my eyes a direct response to all of the whining about diversity in arena. And that the two most iconic characters are going to be as good as they should be.

Reworks are always better than new toons. Always.
  • Options
    I've been using Rex as a leader since before CLS. I'd like to see him get beat ;)
    One of few LS leaders I don't mind because he isn't horribly OP but gets the job done nicely.
  • Options
    Our Prayers have been answered!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
  • Options
    LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I've been using Rex as a leader since before CLS. I'd like to see him get beat ;)
    One of few LS leaders I don't mind because he isn't horribly OP but gets the job done nicely.

Rex!! :love:

Saving my a** since zmaul era. Really efficient :wink:
  • Options
    You'd like to see rex get beat? I just beat him at payout. Thanks to chs reviving and healing like a boss.
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Toots wrote: »
    Probably a bug on my device then. They get cleansed for me and never reapply.its why I don’t use him on the tank, because they don’t refresh on the tank either.

It doesn’t matter either way, raid han goes first and stuns Vader then r2 andluke justkeep him stun locked meanwhile Luke gains the tm instantly while Vader’s stunned waiting for debuffs that last for three turns to expire, so he can gain a whole 5% per. I mean, I’m no expert, but why would I want to gain tm at the end of the rebels turn when it’s most likely my turn anyway?

I don't know what you got going, but I run zader lead, z GM yoda, Cls, thrawn, either palps or Nihilus. I'm not the best but with what I have I keep myself in top 20 arena. This incoming rework will work wonders. Savvy
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So now that there will be zeta added to Palp, will my ability lvl8 be rolled back to lvl7 and have to be zeta'd, if so, what about the omega mats?
    Cannot find a definite answer anywhere. Help a pleb out
    Edit: double pleb stat acquired. Figured it out
  • Options
    So now that there will be zeta added to Palp, will my ability lvl8 be rolled back to lvl7 and have to be zeta'd, if so, what about the omega mats?
    Cannot find a definite answer anywhere. Help a pleb out
    Edit: double pleb stat acquired. Figured it out

Yeah, any abilities that gain a zeta aren't losing an Omega, they never had an Omega to begin with. If you look over characters with Level 7 abilities, those ones will at some point most likely gain a Zeta.

Ik you figured it out but just putting it out there because I've seen a lot of this every time there is a rework
  • Options

Hurt to cleanse? I guess we'll have to see but it sounds like suicide with the EP lead zeta to me... 5% TM for each debuff removed means you could wind up giving the entire squad 100% TM all at once lol.
  • Options

Hurt to cleanse? I guess we'll have to see but it sounds like suicide with the EP lead zeta to me... 5% TM for each debuff removed means you could wind up giving the entire squad 100% TM all at once lol.

High speed vader-shoot first by han-vader stunned. High speed rex deploy tenacity up.

I mean, what to cleanse if there is no debuffs to cleanse? it's already blocked. :wink:
  • Options

High speed vader-shoot first by han-vader stunned. High speed rex deploy tenacity up.

I mean, what to cleanse if there is no debuffs to cleanse? it's already blocked. :wink:

You're forgetting all the other debuffs the Sith put up... and DV isn't going to stay stunned for long. If you hit DV with RH, SA will unstun him almost instantly with TM and don't forget the fact that DV will be around 300ish speed. It seems inevitable he'll get that force choke - culling blade off fast no matter what.
  • Options
    Not sure if someone already asked it, but if they're a Rebel Jedi, like Old Ben, does Vader get +16 speed off them, or just 8? Will they lose 40% of health from Palpatine? Since it's technically two tags on one character.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options

Your rex will almost always go second at least Vader will be going anywhere for 250 to 300 speed. Rex with decent speed mods can hit maybe 220 but even if Vader is stunned rex is still slow. Not extremely slow but slow enough for other support like Palp, SA, a rival OG han Etc to counter
  • Options
    Yeah Chirrut is much faster then rex
  • Options
    First off all the rex users. Just because vader and palps is coming back doesn't mean tfp cant. Which is fully capable with minimum mods to beat a 220 rex. There, ur still debuffed. Also please stop using gk in ur rex squad. This is how you are losing. You are giving away the ability to be crit on which makes it easy for me to slaughter you with a cls squad.

Second this rework is going to own hardcore. Love it thanks devs
  • Options
    Richard wrote: »
    Most will disagree with me but i think both zetas will be useless against current meta. Ok they will be good counter to CLS and NS teams but I don't see much CLS teams at top 50 all JTR and few NS. There is only 2 or 3 CLS teams. At least it's like this at old shards. We needed counter to JTR teams and I'm not sure this is it.

Everybody was complaining about Emperor's fragility but you will still have to protect him with decent tanks. 50 percent protection up won't help too much. Dealing 20 percent health damage is also kinda useless since protection has much more stats. Maybe it'd help at the end game but if you can come this much you probably will win already. I'd rather see more protection based abilities. Even that removing refreshing shock ability from Emperor is a big downside. I'm already using him at arena and I'd prefer refreshing shock to Crackling Doom zeta.

Also Vader won't be efficient against JTR teams. Even his huge speed boost won't reach to bb8 jtr r2d2's speed.

So i think they will be 2nd best meta team but won't be rival to JTR teams.

Thrawn's lead does well vs. RJT - ... could see Thrawn + IPD + Vader / EP + Shore putting in some work on RJT

Why ppl keep sayin counters to me. Counter teams are not meant to be meta. I'm already running that team and can reach to top spot easily but it's defence is awful sometimes they even kick me beyond 100's while JTR teams stays in top 30 always. And it's very specific team who has IPD? In my shard and guild only i have it. I don't think these reworks will make a difference about defence so it's kinda useless. It will just help against NS for me. This reworks just for removing cls teams and make JTR meta even stronger why everybody is happy about this?