Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @LastBucsfan

Dude......I'm tired of reading about how big your collection is....Just stop.

Then don't read it... dude is rockin his arena shard... and good for him. Love hearing about it, personally.

He caught a lot of elitist flack... but, here he is, holding @ 5.

Even funnier hearing from said elitists about their uber shard & uber jtr squad & how this update isn't meta. Almost as funny as the NS crew who just aren't willing to accept this update owns them.

Who cares if it is or isn't meta changing. It brought even more needed diversity to arena... and obviously, unlike all the other lemmings around here, he figured out how to make it work... well even... instead of running the EXACT SAME team as every1 else who chases the current meta.
    Post edited by TyloRen on
  • Options
    In my opinion, these “Re-nerfs” are almost as disappointing as The Last Jedi was.
  • Options
    I think it's disgusting that 2 of the most powerful members of the SW universe are not even as powerful as r2d2 Rey who's not even a jedi yet or even bb8, this game is becoming more and more money motivated and and there's plenty of murmours and people getting fed up with false hopes and having people throw resources at toons only to be let down massively... Why oh why does JTR have to be so OP? What's wrong with a little variation? Money money money over enjoyment
  • Options
    @t0neg0d

Well...when this thread is about the rework and I have curiosity about if I should push this since I am a low level...I kinda need to read this. And I'm glad he is "rockin' his arena shard" I just don't care to sift through a bunch of braggadocio. I am also glad you enjoy reading it. To each his own. But there is little actual content and a bunch of bruised egos.

I couldn't care less about the elitist stuff. None of that matters, I am in a new shard so I am not affected in any way shape or form. I sit in the 80-150 range comfortably and this rework is pertinent because if I can push to the top 20 by changing up my team, this directly affects me. I have been leveling and gearing Vader since I got him...and I just unlocked Palp...

I simply want to know if this works and all this thread has been about is "it works for me!" and "it doesn't work for me!" with no actual objective take on the issue. I guess I'll just stick to the Youtubers videos using characters with levels I will not have for a very long time.

But thanks anyways,

-Stanima
  • Options
    @LastBucsfan No need to post rank shots since your gg profile is set to public :smile: But, since you're kind of the lone voice in the wilderness here praising their defensive strength, you're gonna receive a fair amount of skepticism. Our reworks are beating RJT on offense too. No debate there. One of them had trouble against my RHan variant, but I think that was bad rng on his end since there is nothing special about my team. Defense is where they're getting shredded. I'm happy to hear it's working well for someone else; I'd love to make a quick switch myself. I need it to hold as well as or better than my RJT to make it worth my time and effort. Which means I need it to hold against 280-300 speed BB8s. Personally I'm hoping for a workable full-Empire squad. If the key is your other maxed Sith (Zavage, SA etc.) I can forget about it for now.
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @LastBucsfan

Dude......I'm tired of reading about how big your collection is....Just stop.

I'm not the one talking about the size of my collection... everyone else is trying to ridicule the size of it and using that to discredit actual information I've presented on how this rework holds up. Be on your merry way and I will enjoy the benefits of this great rework as I login to claim my 6pm payout now.
    Post edited by TyloRen on
  • Options
    dunmer wrote: »
    @LastBucsfan No need to post rank shots since your gg profile is set to public :smile: But, since you're kind of the lone voice in the wilderness here praising their defensive strength, you're gonna receive a fair amount of skepticism. Our reworks are beating RJT on offense too. No debate there. One of them had trouble against my RHan variant, but I think that was bad rng on his end since there is nothing special about my team. Defense is where they're getting shredded. I'm happy to hear it's working well for someone else; I'd love to make a quick switch myself. I need it to hold as well as or better than my RJT to make it worth my time and effort. Which means I need it to hold against 280-300 speed BB8s. Personally I'm hoping for a workable full-Empire squad. If the key is your other maxed Sith (Zavage, SA etc.) I can forget about it for now.

Thats the awesome part of this rework... it works good with Sith or Empire. I would love to use Thrawn or Shoretrooper but this is what I had.
  • Options
    Was hoping in Vader’s rework they would change his Culling Blade ability to “dispel all status effects on them” rather than just “debuffs.” Would have really helped out with the pesky OP Light Side Tanks, cleansers and healers. Oh well. Time to put Vader back on the shelf. I think they really dropped the ball on this one.
  • Options
    Seriously, wth is every1 talking about??! In this thread alone people have been contradicting themselves left & right...

"Any1 can beat any1 on offense"

But, then say

"JTR holds better on defense"

Really?? Which is it??!

And then there are all the videos people are posting of even straight-up empire squads knock the meta jtr squad around. The latest one is complaing that palps new lead zeta is broken BUT he STILL wins!

Maybe, instead of all the **** arguing about whose baby is less ugly, we can talk get back to discussing the actual rework.

Paraphrased: if you are just here to say "JTR rules, plz k thx!", your not helping the conversation.
  • Options
    Getting a little better at using the squad.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Given how easy it is to get Palpatine and Vader all the new player guides will be rewritten so that an empire or sith team is the natural follow on from phoenix.

It trashes phoenix while on defense with a gear disadvantage and treats Wiggs and chaze harshly as well.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Given how easy it is to get Palpatine and Vader all the new player guides will be rewritten so that an empire or sith team is the natural follow on from phoenix.

It trashes phoenix while on defense with a gear disadvantage and treats Wiggs and chaze harshly as well.

Good... this is Star Wars... Palpatine and Vader would crush Biggs, Wedge, Chirrut, or Baze pretty harshly. Same for all of Phoenix. Did we forget the scene where Vader was toying with Ezra and Kanan and almost made Ezra cut his own throat with his lightsaber? Lol
  • Options
    EP is still so squishy I kill him with two Han shots. Its not even close to worth a zetsa but I feel like I need crackling doom zets to make him viable for anything. That should have been a stat tweak. Kinda **** that I have to use a zeta for it
  • Markzheng1102
    123 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Came here for Palpatine and Vader but ended up reading about, I quote, "Galactic kitten".
  • Options
    So mobilegamer/ahnaldt101 ect ect have all come out and said that these zetas are pretty underwhelming.

Is that the consensus yet, or are they just using them wrong?
  • Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    So mobilegamer/ahnaldt101 ect ect have all come out and said that these zetas are pretty underwhelming.

Is that the consensus yet, or are they just using them wrong?

Have you watched the videos of me beating maxed out JTRs with my unfinished EP/DV squad
  • Options
    @t0neg0d "Everyone can beat everyone" is maybe hyperbole. Obviously there are teams this doesn't apply to. But in general, comparably geared top-tier squads can all win on offense. I know what it comes down to on my shard is who is *easier* to best. Sure I can take out the NS teams, but it's like defusing a bomb sometimes. When climbing for rank, i.e. my income in this game, I'm gonna take the path of least resistance/most profit. Therefore, NS holds better than other RJT against my own RJT team. That's what it means to me at least.

@LastBucsfan I just got Shore to g12 so I'll be trying the Empire route. I've been wishing for a Vader rework ever since I zeta'd him. No idea about a 5th yet though. Maybe DT, since he's next on my list. I have basically no other Sith besides a g9 Maul.
  • Options
    @LastBucsfan I've fought the new DV/EP teams all pretty much maxed out G12 with ST, Thrawn etc etc and the results are in line with before.
    They are a little better but not by much in Arena.
    TW/TB and Raids the changes are going to be significant.

Ackbar lead with Hermit is still by far the most underrated arena team out there. Obliterates anything by simply applying to much offense to quickly which in this case simply shuts down DV/EP by stuns and pure damage so they can't start benefitting from buffs and debuffs as intended.
  • Options
    dunmer wrote: »

@LastBucsfan I just got Shore to g12 so I'll be trying the Empire route. I've been wishing for a Vader rework ever since I zeta'd him. No idea about a 5th yet though. Maybe DT, since he's next on my list. I have basically no other Sith besides a g9 Maul.

This squad will work great with Empire. Sith is what I had.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's disgusting that 2 of the most powerful members of the SW universe are not even as powerful as r2d2 Rey who's not even a jedi yet or even bb8, this game is becoming more and more money motivated and and there's plenty of murmours and people getting fed up with false hopes and having people throw resources at toons only to be let down massively... Why oh why does JTR have to be so OP? What's wrong with a little variation? Money money money over enjoyment

The only way to enjoy this game I feel is to just ignore the strength of characters in the lore. If one expects character strength to have any connection with the strength in the lore then they are going to be very disappointed, and should go play something else instead.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Meh, let dust settle before blowing your stash on zeta'ing and gearing up EP/Vader. Zeta mats are such a drag to obtain to just throw around, and that gear hump from XI to 12 is no joke 'to just mess around'.

To be had, on paper those new zetas just brings EP/Vader's shortcomings to 'average'. From reading your feedback, I feel that it's just "Fun to use, has potential but not game changing".

Sincerely,

Sith Rework 1 year ago.
  • informalities
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The point is the most iconic character in the game gets crushed by the exact character that he completely toyed with in the movie.
    It should be the other way around. Vader should crush CLS like a bug. Instead he gets some extra health that CLS can remove in a half a round. Not to mention what Wedge Biggs and Raid Han do to him.
    And Palpatine getting nerfed is shameful as well.
    Vader should have gotten an all basic repell like he had against Han in Empire Strikes Back. And More damage than CLS.
    Can you imagine how Jedi Luke is going to treat Vader and Palpatine? It won't even begin to look like a fight.
    I don't even think Vader is actually immune to TM removal. I ran him in GW and at one point he had full TM, then it was all gone and he didn't get to go.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don’t know what everyone is going on about.

Both mobile gamer and anhald were incorrect when they hasitly judged the reworks.

I’ve been in communication with plenty of people in the community all over different shards and there are quite a few line ups that do quite well.

Any combo of 2 tanks listed below
    Palp L
    Vader
    Shore/GK/Sith trooper/storm
    Thrawn

Where as the most popular ones are the above line up with the tank combo of storm and GK or shore and GK

Then there’s this squad that myself and a few others have been catching on with. Now anhald and mobile gamer both sat there and said they struggle against JTR on offense and they are horrible defensively which they are wrong on both accounts.

I’m currently running the following
    Palp L +118 speed (speed/prot)
    Thrawn +94 speed
    GK +76 speed
    Vader +95 speed (CD/CC)
    DN +110 speed

I’ve literally auto any single team I’ve went up against other than NS which I can beat manually or full auto just simply by switching GK for Shore. I have video of me beating my shards best JTR team on full auto which btw happens to be the #4 player in all of swgoh Jina appa.

I have plenty of videos as well as others of the comps listed above showing successful defense attempts from shard mates. And yes shard mates have been reporting back that they struggle even with JTR and some can’t win at all.

Sometimes I just think people literally have no idea how to build teams
  • Options
    It’s good to see you’re winning here but in all honesty it doesn’t seem like SA is adding anything to the battle..have you tried Thrawn or Shoretrooper instead?
  • Options
    I'm thinking EzPz lead, DV,Sith trooper, savage oppress, and for the 5th spot DNz or IPDz or thrawnz.
  • Syncho
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    EP lead against JTRey on full auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS1uFFd3YM
  • Options
    It’s good to see you’re winning here but in all honesty it doesn’t seem like SA is adding anything to the battle..have you tried Thrawn or Shoretrooper instead?

I don't have Shore... Thrawn should be geared up soon. SA does work a lot of times though. When she one shots BB8 thats always nice.
  • Options
    Syncho wrote: »
    EP lead against JTRey on full auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS1uFFd3YM

...and there you have it
  • Options
    @t0neg0d

Well...when this thread is about the rework and I have curiosity about if I should push this since I am a low level...I kinda need to read this. And I'm glad he is "rockin' his arena shard" I just don't care to sift through a bunch of braggadocio. I am also glad you enjoy reading it. To each his own. But there is little actual content and a bunch of bruised egos.

I couldn't care less about the elitist stuff. None of that matters, I am in a new shard so I am not affected in any way shape or form. I sit in the 80-150 range comfortably and this rework is pertinent because if I can push to the top 20 by changing up my team, this directly affects me. I have been leveling and gearing Vader since I got him...and I just unlocked Palp...

I simply want to know if this works and all this thread has been about is "it works for me!" and "it doesn't work for me!" with no actual objective take on the issue. I guess I'll just stick to the Youtubers videos using characters with levels I will not have for a very long time.

But thanks anyways,

-Stanima

Then you should care that he is dominating his arena shard. Listening to people talk about a rework isn't the same as proof that it can work. He provided evidence, multiple times to counter the "na, it sucks" people.

Why would you NOT want to see it working if it will effect your choice directly??