Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Before the update, my EP shocked the rivals almost always. Now, shock rarely happens.
    Before the update, I considered bad luck when his AoE stun only affected 2 rivals. Now, it often stuns noone.
    The nerf has been brutal for non-zeta EP.
    When I first read about the revamp, I was excited. But after trying him, I've decided not to waste a zeta on him. Maybe those problems disappear with the zetas, but zeta materials are so hard to get that I won't take the risk.
    Looks like he will be a DSTB-only toon from now on. Very disappointing.

What nerf? His zetas don't affect shocks or stuns? I'm personally not jumping on either side of the fence atm. Will see how things play out.

I've been using an EP-lead empire team on GW for months. I've never had any problems with stun or shock. After the update, the reduction of shocks and stuns is huge. It can't be denied, there has been a nerf.
    au contraire mon frere, it can very easily be denied =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Give it time and you'll notice that players that didn't jump on the vader/palp bandwagon will still do fine in arena. Just like the players without cmdr luke or rey for that matter.

People also said JTR would never outpace CLS. I'll sit back and eat popcorn again.

I completely agree with you mate.
    And we are having this debate because two game changers said to hold off ... I mean ... do your own opinion (remember how they said RJT was bad)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Give it time and you'll notice that players that didn't jump on the vader/palp bandwagon will still do fine in arena. Just like the players without cmdr luke or rey for that matter.

People also said JTR would never outpace CLS. I'll sit back and eat popcorn again.

And we are having this debate because two game changers said to hold off ... I mean ... do your own opinion (remember how they said RJT was bad)

in their defence, once RTJ was released and play-able they hyped her quite a bit. kind of the exact opposite of what happened with the vader/palp reworks ;)
    That said, i don't care what game changers say. I'm went for rey and am going for palp/vader.
  • Options
    Before the update, my EP shocked the rivals almost always. Now, shock rarely happens.
    Before the update, I considered bad luck when his AoE stun only affected 2 rivals. Now, it often stuns noone.
    When I first read about the revamp, I was excited. But after trying him, I've decided not to waste a zeta on him. Maybe those problems disappear with the zetas, but zeta materials are so hard to get that I won't take the risk.

What nerf? His zetas don't affect shocks or stuns? I'm personally not jumping on either side of the fence atm. Will see how things play out.

I've been using an EP-lead empire team on GW for months. I've never had any problems with stun or shock. After the update, the reduction of shocks and stuns is huge. It can't be denied, there has been a nerf.

Lol of course you can, but that won't change what I've experienced.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Lol of course you can, but that won't change what I've experienced.

i haven't used palp in ages, but since his rework i got semi annoyed once or twice that his shock didn't stick.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

in their defence, once RTJ was released and play-able they hyped her quite a bit. kind of the exact opposite of what happened with the vader/palp reworks ;)
    That said, i don't care what game changers say. I'm went for rey and am going for palp/vader.

You are right but how many have been discouraged farming her by their unwise comments. I mean we don’t have test account and we know better. This is the only thing which is annoying me, they should give accurate info at least ... I think they are getting too confortable and out of touch with the game.
  • Options
    jackv11 wrote: »
    Not sure if arena was made for cooperation, should be just total war in my opinion

This is a respectable opinion however it does save a lot of crystals to cooperate ... why attacking peoples at the same payout ? ...
    War is never a good option imo.
    Reason and comunication is better
    Not sure if arena was made for cooperation, should be just total war in my opinion

This is a respectable opinion however it does save a lot of crystals to cooperate ... why attacking peoples at the same payout ? ...
    War is never a good option imo.
    Reason and comunication is better

Sure it is, but I rather prefer no deals and fight who ever u want at what time u want
  • Options
    I'm still posting a Top 5 with the EP squad and its not even finished.. and I don't have the best combo.

Naysayers are going to fall behind.

Big stretch fall behind...we have 2 on our LB and they get moved easily by RJT.

The reworks / zetas are disappointing to me because I was looking for something along the lines of how they rework the rebels and Raid Han specifically. Vader - as iconic as it gets in SW - is still maybe a B level character, B+ at best. This team will be much better when there's a solid replacement for DV because he's just weak in damage and has a limited kit as a non-leader.

Another issue with the zetas is they can win vs. NS even without any of the new zetas! And vs. RJT, Thrawn's lead with Shore and mixed Empire / Sith could already beat them. I'm heavily invested in Empire / Sith with a zeta thrawn lead and unique, zeta DK lead, zeta Maul, zeta DV, zeta on Veers, zeta on Sid...if i zeta these guys there's nothing they will enable me to do that I can't already. NS issues? Veers. Want to run vs. RJT, ... use Thrawn's leader and 2 tanks.

I think it's a good squad to zeta if you don't have RJT, don't have NS, and are limited in Empire elsewhere. There solid reworks, still disappointing to me cause they should be more dominating...but no ones going to fall behind pending more Sith coming later. The way the build the DS though you'll probably have to zeta some other DS leadership and won't be able to use EP's leader...they just throw zetas on DS leaders non-stop.
  • Options

I'm on a Nov '15 launch shard and there's a good player running this team and it is a solid and viable squad, but you're overselling it by insinuating it's something more than a viable arena squad. This is no more accurate than the other players saying it totally sucks, which it doesn't - at the same time though it's not some unbeatable squad either. It's a nice B+, maybe A- level arena squad that will enable you to get wins and hold defense ok if it's well built.
  • Syncho
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Syncho wrote: »
    EP lead against JTRey on full auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS1uFFd3YM

In case you’re wondering how well it does on defense, I dropped to 9th the first night, and 5th the second night. November 2015 shard.

Edit: I was dropping to low 20s with a well modded JTR squad. We’ve gone from 1 EP squad to 8 now on our shard. To say the rework is not meta changing is just plain wrong. Not the first time the Game Changers have been wrong by the way.
    Post edited by Syncho on
  • Options

In case you’re wondering how well it does on defense, I dropped to 9th the first night, and 5th the second night. November 2015 shard.

I've been running this too. Only team I struggle with are the remaining Titans teams. And then only if Han stuns Vader.
  • Options

Edit: I was dropping to low 20s with a well modded JTR squad. We’ve gone from 1 EP squad to 8 now on our shard. To say the rework is not meta changing is just plain wrong. Not the first time the Game Changers have been wrong by the way.

Did a lot of people not have RJT on your LB? We have but 1 EP lead that is pushing to top and 2 hours after his payout he's at 22. RJT squads roll over EP and so much of the top is RJT squads. Was your shard overrun with NS teams?
  • Options
    My posts was removed. Apparently they don't like people pointing out how bad these reworks are.

I'll just mention again that Vader's turnmeter immunity does not work. He loses partial turnmeter, full turnmeter... Would be great if it worked, but no.

Maybe it doesn't matter since nothing happens when he hits his basic. And his AOE is just cleansed immediately.

Not trying to start an arguement... but some info that may help you...

1. Vaders unique is the last of the 3 zetas you would want. Order of importance:

Palp unique
    Palp lead
    Vader unique

2. Cleanse is your friend under palp lead... it feeds massive TM to your team. Try fighting a hoda team with empire now. It might as well be an "I win!" button.

3. Some strategy for using new rework.

* Start w/ Vader aoe... but DON'T use culling blade when he gains 100% TM. Ability block instead.
    * Start w/ palps aoe, then start laying down the shock. Its sorta backwards w/ rework, which makes AI correct now.
    * Use shore trooper for aoe crit hit immunity.
    * Use thrawn to keep him cleansed. Fracture is great, but crit immunity is better.

Anyways... hope that helps some. I personally think this rework is great & people aren't getting how to make it work yet.
  • LastBucsfan
    228 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    My posts was removed. Apparently they don't like people pointing out how bad these reworks are.

I'll just mention again that Vader's turnmeter immunity does not work. He loses partial turnmeter, full turnmeter... Would be great if it worked, but no.

Maybe it doesn't matter since nothing happens when he hits his basic. And his AOE is just cleansed immediately.

Not trying to start an arguement... but some info that may help you...

1. Vaders unique is the last of the 3 zetas you would want. Order of importance:

Palp unique
    Palp lead
    Vader unique

2. Cleanse is your friend under palp lead... it feeds massive TM to your team. Try fighting a hoda team with empire now. It might as well be an "I win!" button.

3. Some strategy for using new rework.

* Start w/ Vader aoe... but DON'T use culling blade when he gains 100% TM. Ability block instead.
    * Start w/ palps aoe, then start laying down the shock. Its sorta backwards w/ rework, which makes AI correct now.
    * Use shore trooper for aoe crit hit immunity.
    * Use thrawn to keep him cleansed. Fracture is great, but crit immunity is better.

Anyways... hope that helps some. I personally think this rework is great & people aren't getting how to make it work yet.

This is spot on. As soon as my Thrawn is geared he's going in. I wish I had Shoretrooper. I would replace my Zavage and SA with them... but even as my squad stands now it works great.
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Full Empire. No tank. No question this rework is arena viable. https://youtu.be/od8SqwT__58
    Nov. 15 shard very well modded JRey
    Zarriss was destroyed completely.
    https://youtu.be/6QoH0nJb11E
  • Options
    Dark side gets peanuts to the power light side (mainly rebals) get.
  • Options
    Nothic wrote: »
    Dark side gets peanuts to the power light side (mainly rebals) get.

Is that a joke? This utterly ruins rebels.
  • Options
    Nice to see all these different combos that work well with this rework.

Thank you devs for making my two favorite Star Wars characters MORE than arena viable. I hope they stay good for awhile.
  • Options
    They are not too bad. Still can reach #1 on payout.. no zeta on lead n unique palp, n vader unique. Maybe later on i use them as permanent arena team. Now they are still g11, sure will be targeted a lot by people who do the climb :grimace:
    Screenshot_2018_02_10_17_52_14_038.jpg
  • Options
    Palp's problem is on defence. Still squishier than a sponge cake.
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sorry if this is a silly question but is ep’s unique working as intended?
    I understood that ennemies would lose 20% health each turn if they are rebels / jedi / shocked (pilling)... but rebel ennemies don t lose health when taking turns... i have not tried with jedi...

Edit:
    Sorry just seen it takes it from prot instead... my bad...
  • Options

Yet...in many shards there is cooperation both for Fleet Arena ranking and Squad Arena ranking..

I agree with you,it SHOULD be total war.
  • Options
    Light side gets reworks and zetas that just work. The characters are automatically awesome. No brain needed.
    Empire and Sith get reworks and zetas that need super-particular teams and genius ways of playing them, or they just fail.
    And then darkside players get called stupid for being unhappy about this.
  • Options
    Wow. EA just censored my text so it looks offensive when it wasn't.
  • Options
    Not exactly a 'Super genius' play style, literally just got to find the right characters. Pretty sure that is the same with any meta team composition.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Personally I think the game changers are too mixed up their maximum level test accounts. I have a few major opinions

1 Vader/Palpatine are easy to get characters that crush other easy to get characters that are early game meta and are semi viable at any level. Not everything is about the very end game.

2 Rey relies on a team that suits her perfectly. There's some wiggle room but it's a very specific team. I'm hoping the new raid drop will be a Sith or empire character that synergises well with Vader/Palpatine and will make the comp work at the highest level. That said Marauder looks like his kit would do it well.

3 CLS relies on the titans and synergises well with three of them.

4 Thrawn is currently the best character in the game. I know he is not rjt or cls but he is so good he fits into either team despite not gaining any direct faction synergy with either of them or the ls in general through r2d2.

• Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Palp's problem is on defence. Still squishier than a sponge cake.

Not once you get the unique zeta and there's a med pack +6250 health available at G12. I have both and he holds up good. I don't even use a tank in my squad.
  • Options
    Light side gets reworks and zetas that just work. The characters are automatically awesome. No brain needed.
    Empire and Sith get reworks and zetas that need super-particular teams and genius ways of playing them, or they just fail.
    And then darkside players get called **** for being unhappy about this.

Actually I think the best thing about this rework is its good with numerous combos of teams.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Personally I think the game changers are too mixed up their maximum level test accounts. I have a few major opinions

1 Vader/Palpatine are easy to get characters that crush other easy to get characters that are early game meta and are semi viable at any level. Not everything is about the very end game.

2 Rey relies on a team that suits her perfectly. There's some wiggle room but it's a very specific team. I'm hoping the new raid drop will be a Sith or empire character that synergises well with Vader/Palpatine and will make the comp work at the highest level. That said Marauder looks like his kit would do it well.

3 CLS relies on the titans and synergises well with three of them.

4 Thrawn is currently the best character in the game. I know he is not rjt or cls but he is so good he fits into either team despite not gaining any direct faction synergy with either of them or the ls in general through r2d2.

Perfectly well summarised !!
    Thank you.
  • Options

Yet...in many shards there is cooperation both for Fleet Arena ranking and Squad Arena ranking..

I agree with you,it SHOULD be total war.

Didn’t you find yours to be so nihilistic?