Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    I have multiple teams which can take #1, and EP lead is my new favorite. Running zzEP Vader Thrawn Shore GK and it holds nearly as well as MT lead NS on defense. Love the rework!
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    I'm having trouble moving over from my titans squad right now. I don't have the mods to keep enough protection and speed up up enough seems to be my problem. I was using:

EP at 202. 23k protection
    Vader at 220
    Thrawn at 248
    Gk at 208 and then I'm unsure on a 5th. I have zavage maul zid DT all.as option or I was thinking solo and give up a little Vader speed.

Thoughts on any of this? If I steal my r2 mods for EP I can get him around 215 to 220

Edit

One last thing I'm not sure why to change right now as I don't think it's going to get me any higher than I already am top 50 range. I can beat certain jrey teams with titans only thing the change would do is help me kill nightsisster teams which are disappearing

Another edit it's a March 16 shard pretty darn competitive top 50 for sure

IM literally in the same boat lingering in the 25-50 range,I have to keep falling back to rey lead bc im not seeing the speed,my EP has 230spd,Vader 199,thrawn 269,shore 150,Dt 190 and Im still struggling to beat the NS teams with Kenobi/2* zombie combo in it.

Have you tried speeding up shore like a ton? My guild mate uses a super fast shore and tears through arena seemingly with every comp he tries. Currently EP Vader tarkin shore and thrawn
  • Options
    I have finished top 20 literally 5 to 10 times but very rarely don't finish top 50. I just don't have the .ods to make the jump. It's so frustrating
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    I'm having trouble moving over from my titans squad right now. I don't have the mods to keep enough protection and speed up up enough seems to be my problem. I was using:

EP at 202. 23k protection
    Vader at 220
    Thrawn at 248
    Gk at 208 and then I'm unsure on a 5th. I have zavage maul zid DT all.as option or I was thinking solo and give up a little Vader speed.

Thoughts on any of this? If I steal my r2 mods for EP I can get him around 215 to 220

Edit

One last thing I'm not sure why to change right now as I don't think it's going to get me any higher than I already am top 50 range. I can beat certain jrey teams with titans only thing the change would do is help me kill nightsisster teams which are disappearing

Another edit it's a March 16 shard pretty darn competitive top 50 for sure

IM literally in the same boat lingering in the 25-50 range,I have to keep falling back to rey lead bc im not seeing the speed,my EP has 230spd,Vader 199,thrawn 269,shore 150,Dt 190 and Im still struggling to beat the NS teams with Kenobi/2* zombie combo in it.

Couldn't you sub in an AoE there, Tarkin or TfP?

For Shore or Thrawn??My Tarkin is almost ready,TFP is a bit lacking,I also have Krennic close to ready..they are so squishy tho.

Tarkin or TfP to give you AoE against NS.
  • Options
    I dropped overnight to 29th on my second day using Palps lead and I have since switched back to my Ackbar lead. At this point in time, I do NOT feel that this team holds as well, and it's too unpredictable against JTR teams with CLS & Han.

Once I have General Kenobi or Probe droid then I might change back again - but for now, Ackbar lead is much easier to use and holds better.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    My Palp lead team with Nihilus,Vader,Shore and Tarkin hangs very well in top 15.Actually this team managed to hold on the 15-th place for a full day without any problems.And beside Tarkin (G12) the rest are G11.Switched GK for Shore as GK was holding my team down against NS teams.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the rework devs !

I was staying 50-100 with my CLS team. Now with EP(L), Vador, Thrawn, Tarkin and Shore, I am always in the top3 ! I drop to 20 during night but I can easily climb up back to the top and fight meta team. NS is a piece of cake so is CLS. JTR with BB8, r2 and kenobi are more tricky but doable let's say 50/50. What a wonderful rework ! For the comp, all are G12 but Shore that is G11. All zeta for EP, Vador and Thrawn. I have quite good mods with speed secondary but not the best.

Congrats !
  • Options
    Can you please fix ep shock landing? My ep have over 100% potency and can't really land them..
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    collapsE wrote: »
    Can you please fix ep shock landing? My ep have over 100% potency and can't really land them..

Same here..95 % potency and 35% Boost frm his leadership but still landing Shock/Stun seems to b tough
  • Options
    Palpatine stun works great on other Empire teams.
    Barely works on CLS and JTR teams.
  • Options
    Palpatine stun works great on other Empire teams.
    Barely works on CLS and JTR teams.

And i don't understand why.And speaking of JTR lead teams,is BB8 immune to Nihilus's Drain Force?Everytime i face a JTR team and uses Nihilus's Drain Force it does nothing for BB8.So i decided to swap him for TFP.The more AoE,the better against NS teams.These are now "a walk in the park" for Empire teams.Even so,it's still not enough to beat either JTR lead or CLS lead teams.
  • Options
    With iver 109% pot palp struggles to land debuffs... maybe there is a bugg or maybe it s just poor rng... if when ig balances out my palp will stun 100% lol
  • Options
    Waste of resources. So sad
  • Options
    I find it hilarious people are struggling to make these toons work. I switched to this from titans. 1000% better.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I find it hilarious people are struggling to make these toons work. I switched to this from titans. 1000% better.

I was thinking of doing the same, getting bored with the titans team nowadays
  • Options
    I switched to this from titans. 1000% better.

What team have you switched to mate? Exactly please.

• Options

Switched from a GK lead team to a Palp lead team and now i can hit top 10 with ease.Wonder for how much this team will hold unless they decide to release another mega OP LS toon.
  • Options
    Nokhai wrote: »

Switched from a GK lead team to a Palp lead team and now i can hit top 10 with ease.Wonder for how much this team will hold unless they decide to release another mega OP LS toon.
    You haven’t answered the question. He asked you what team are you using and all you said is Palp lead. It’s like if you asked “how to prepare Benedict eggs” and I reply “cook the eggs”. You still wouldn’t know anything,right?
  • Options
    Nokhai wrote: »

You haven’t answered the question. He asked you what team are you using and all you said is Palp lead. It’s like if you asked “how to prepare Benedict eggs” and I reply “cook the eggs”. You still wouldn’t know anything,right?

Palp lead (G11),Vader (G 11,with zeta on his lead but not his unique),Nihilus (G 11,no zetas),Tarkin (G 12,both zetas on him) and Shore (G11).
  • Options
    I’m using g12 zeta lead palp, zzVader, zDN, zThrawn, and GK and it’s a lot of fun on offense. I have potency mods +97 speed on palpatine, CD/CC +87 speed on Vader, +114 speed on thrawn, +100 speed on nihilus and a slow GK with my best tenacity mods
  • Options
    Putnam wrote: »
    I’m using g12 zeta lead palp, zzVader, zDN, zThrawn, and GK and it’s a lot of fun on offense. I have potency mods +97 speed on palpatine, CD/CC +87 speed on Vader, +114 speed on thrawn, +100 speed on nihilus and a slow GK with my best tenacity mods

Shoretrooper handles NS teams way better than GK. ;)
  • Options
    EP lead, DV, DN, KRU, SiT, all g12 with all zetas except EPs unique has me reaching #1 with relative ease and only falling to the 20s overnight. I basically target JTR teams, and have only lost a match or two agaisnt one. Results against nightsisters and titans ate mixed, but I will certainly take it, as before I had beaten a JTR team literally twice if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Crackling Doom, the new ability of Palp, doesn´t work!!! When a rebel, and so on, has his turn, there is no 20% damage! Bug?
  • Options
    GW wasn't something you could clear everyday unless you BOUGHT a large squad depth which I did not do. GP is not indicative of length of play. I spent a lot of cantina energy mod farming probably with bad luck. That would not reflect in GP.
    Deantron wrote: »
    Crackling Doom, the new ability of Palp, doesn´t work!!! When a rebel, and so on, has his turn, there is no 20% damage! Bug?

They take protection dmg first if they have any left...
  • Options
    Mano wrote: »

Same here..95 % potency and 35% Boost frm his leadership but still landing Shock/Stun seems to b tough

Yup, I'm over 100% potency as well and had stun not sick on all 5 opponents many times vs rebel and JTR teams.
  • Options
    I al curious tovhear what u guys expwriwnce with ep stun rate based on potency. Had over 100% and now down to 70% and the stun rate seems unchanged...
  • Options
    Mano wrote: »

Same here, but I found that it works great against other DS team (Empire and NS).

Coincidence ? I don't think so ;)

Maybe LS toons are by definition immune to stun :D
  • Options
    My palp is 93.06% + (46.06%) potency and have the same issues. Palp didn’t stun all 5 on a JTR lead,cls,BB8,R2, solo team. I tried 3 matches and after palps shock he’s gone. The unstunded team just eats him for breakfast Iimmediately after. Can’t even land his basic shock on anyone.
    I’m running all G12 Palp lead zeta’d, nihilus(no zeta),Zader,cls,Thrawn with zeta.
    All arena mods.
    Looks like I’m going back to Rey.

Boo
  • Options
    Sith trooper is nice. All g12 ep vader tarkin nihilus sith trooper all zeta except ep unique. 126 speed on dv. Just tears through every meta team. Jtr probably holds up the best.
  • Options
    I think I finally realize why I'm not a huge fan of the reworks - while quite good generally for arena - I wish they had gone in a different direction. With these reworks they doubled-down on their reliance of debuffs, giving them tremendous amounts of TM dependent on the debuffs in an EP-led squad. That's fine, but their damage overall is still pretty weak. I'd have preferred if EP and DV were more stand-alone powerful and with more damage than reliance on debuffs for TM gain or damage output. To get this TM also, they HAVE to be in an EP-led squad. That's very limiting. Why not make that part of EP's unique so you can modify squads a bit more instead of pegging EP and DV in one squad config? Put them in situations where debuffs are limited or they are not behind an EP lead, and what do you have here?...pretty much the same exact characters. EP is a tad tankier with the zeta unique, but not like he's a brick wall - still very low armor issues and needs a lot of support. DV is faster now...and??? Where's my Rogue1 DV killing machine of death? Can we get the dev that re-worked Raid Han to get the next update to DV and EP?