Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    24Mo content downloaded right now...
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I would have made GW a one battle event with 12 waves. No need to collect 12 chests and press 12 nodes, battle, auto. Also very slightly increase the challenge. Rewards scale based on number of waves completed (e.g. consolidate chests content).

A slider in both arenas would be the biggest QoL update this game may receive. Whatever the reason for not doing it is poor game design.

Nothing related to mods is also disappointing.

Otherwise, any and all QoL improvements are nice to get.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fitz wrote: »
    I would have made GW a one battle event with 12 waves. No need to collect 12 chests and press 12 nodes, battle, auto. Also very slightly increase the challenge. Rewards scale based on number of waves completed (e.g. consolidate chests content).

A slider in arena would be the biggest QoL update this game may receive. Whatever the reason for not doing it is poor game design.

Nothing related to mods is also disappointing.

Otherwise, any and QoL improvements are nice to get.

12 waves makes it impossible to stop. So the node design makes sense there.

A slider or the lack there of is not poor design. Each time you press the refresh button you are requesting current data. The only way a slider works is if you have an open connection the whole time. That's a lot of bandwidth and traffic to handle and causes other issues like lag and delays from a players end causing issues. Now having it show different numbers or all numbers more equally would be nice, but that's another story all together
  • Options
    I don't want to stop GW. I just want to set my team, press auto and get 12 waves reward. Much less time consuming. It really is a cake walk that serves no purposes (minus for new players). At this point, might as well mail the rewards to inbox.

Noted on the sliders. Thanks for the technical clarification. And also good solution you proposed.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Drago5760 wrote: »
    JTR meta isn't going anywhere

JTR meta is already gone? Replaced by palp lead.

Anyway TW changes are fine, just would be better if only used in the event of an actual tie.. with ~100m gp guilds we just arent in any danger of a tie any time soon and a lot of the enjoyment is trying out weak squads against stronger ones.

Really looking forward to the defensive win counter, though would also be good to see what squads attempted to beat yours.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    People are actually complaining about the OPTION of simming GW?

Smh.

This mega thread should be named " whine here about anything you want". People don't even longer think before posting dumb complaints. As TVF noticed now some of us cry about having a choice... Can we juet stick to serious matter?
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    2 days till the new content is released and still no videos. Hard to get excited when we haven't been shown anything.
  • Options
    2 days til QOL is released. Not sure why you'd want to see a video of someone autoing all of gw, or ship battles, but I hope you get what you're looking for.
  • Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    2 days til QOL is released. Not sure why you'd want to see a video of someone autoing all of gw, or ship battles, but I hope you get what you're looking for.

New Raid Maybe?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157819/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-the-road-ahead#latest

We are extremely excited to announce that we are working on bringing you a brand-new raid experience. This new raid takes place in Star Wars: The Old Republic timeframe and allows players to take on the Sith Triumvirate of Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, and Darth Traya.
    The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like – and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!
  • Options
    im actually disappointed atm because of the lack of communication and letting us wait without giving us a timeframe where we will get the videos...
  • TheChosenOne77
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What are the odds of a Kitten of mods proportions? That was the last time they were this secretive...
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    Hopefully the raid will be for older players 2years + make this game a challenge again
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    cg probably told their youtube drones not to leak anything early. why not is beyond me. who knows what goes on in their laser brains
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »

New raid kiddo
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    People are actually complaining about the OPTION of simming GW?

Smh.

This mega thread should be named " whine here about anything you want". People don't even longer think before posting dumb complaints. As TVF noticed now some of us cry about having a choice... Can we juet stick to serious matter?

Serious matter? This is a mobile game! How serious can this be? And more to your point, I don't understand why people whine about anything (really); when CG already told us when the update is coming. FYI, it's the 28th people...
  • Options
    You guys must really hate Christmas. Do you demand videos previewing your presents from Santa's elves?
  • Options
    You guys must really hate Christmas. Do you demand videos previewing your presents from Santa's elves?

That would be nice. Where do I tap into the feed? JK.
  • Options
    People don't even longer think before posting dumb complaints.

Welcome to the internet :smile:

• Options
    Yo guys. We should have the videos pretty soon ... let say at 7 or 8 GMT.
  • Options
    Germi wrote: »
    Yo guys. We should have the videos pretty soon ... let say at 7 or 8 GMT.

Hopefully sooner, rather than later!
  • Options
    150 times to sim galactic war??? You ARE joking, right?
  • Options
    Couple videos just got posted, new characters Sion and Visas Marr

https://youtu.be/oaztOl6zhpY

https://youtu.be/oiH-jhqMT7o
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Traya will be the raid reward character.

Sion looks absolutely sick. Kind of GK and Zombie rolled up in to one, and a bag of chips.
  • Options
    If the other two of the sith trinity are marquee, Revn will be raid character.
  • Options

Raid reward is Trays, the videos announce it, but they just didn't have game play video of her yet.
  • Options
    Cridiron wrote: »

Raid reward is Trays, the videos announce it, but they just didn't have game play video of her yet.

Don't remember hearing that, but I just watched one in a noisy environment.
  • Options
    Cridiron wrote: »

Don't remember hearing that, but I just watched one in a noisy environment.

It was in the "Sion vs the Meta" video for sure, can't remember if they said it in the second one. It was near the beginning I believe.
  • Options
    Just kidding, it is around 1 minute into the second video, the one showing Visas Marr and Sion....
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The QOL improvements I would like to have seen.

1. multi-bronzium purchase
    2. battle highest possible slot in arenas (make the far right position always the highest; simple)
    3. mod management (named sets, like toon teams would be perfect), remove set, apply set, etc...

I do like the GW simming, though I suppose that it would be too much to ask to have it go back to its harder difficulty? It is useful for testing against current meta teams, or simply simming if we are too busy.

TW tie breaking would have been trivial to implement, award the win to the team that cleared the table using the least amount of GP. Requiring guilds to provide more teams was only done to placate the biggest whale guilds. I do like the TW scoring changes, jut not the requirements to place 5 or 6 teams per player on defense.