Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry, but the TW "fix" for ties, which only happen 2% of the time is just ridiculous. If I tried to account for things that only happened 2% of the time, i would have been fired a long time ago. How about focusing time, programming and effort on the other 98%. I mean, seriously. Who thought spending time on 2% was a good idea? :baffled:

This forum, apparently. There was one point where half the recent discussion posts were about fixing Ties

That was during and just after the first TW. People figured out fast enough that the key to not tieing was actually building a strong defense. Once that happened, there were only posts complaining about guilds intentionally tieing. It's a crappy griefing tactic, but doesn't warrant a complete overhaul of the entire system.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I like the TW stuff, extra point scoring on both sides will definitely add fun in my Guild.
    As for all the sim stuff?
    It doesn't improve my QoL, I just auto all of them anyway.
    So, for me, I'm calling this an update more than a QoL improvement.
    For me, mod management would have been the QoL I'd like.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Seems to me these TW changes are open to abuse, or am I missing something?

Say, Guild 1 sets full defence teams on each territory (25/25) and Guild 2 sets the absolute minimum (I don't know what that is, 1 squad per territory?). Now, say both guilds conquer all areas (which they will). Guild 2 will get to attack way more times (with its best squads, since none set on defence) and earn way more banners from the first time bonuses and the character bonuses and win easily. Yes, Guild 1 will have the chance of getting extra banners from successful defences, but how many teams do you know that cannot be beat on defence (remember, Guild 2 has its best squads available for offence)?

EDIT: So, for simplicity's sake, let's take into account only the 7 ground based territories. For 25 squads per territory and 30 banners from setting defence, that's 7*25*30=5,250 banners for Guild 1. Now, considering that the maximum attainable banners number is 20 for an attack (5 for win, 10 for first time, 5 for alive toons), Guild 1 will gain another 140 banners (remember, Guild 2 set 1 squad per territory), for a total of 5,390 from ground battles. Guild 2 will have to attack 25 times per territory. If all attacks are successful the first time and all toons stay alive, then the maximum attainable banners will be 25*7*20=3,500.

So yeah, scratch the above, I should do the math before posting :open_mouth:
  • Options
    All new content is great, but I do think I like QoL updates the most.
  • Options
    I thought one banner per defencive hold would have been sufficient
  • Options
    You guys are doing a great job and thank you.
    but THIS is the only qof requested.
  • Options
    Is that 150 gw battles from patch day or from when we actually started gw as a player?
    IE you already have our 150 match data in your system and it should be simmable from patch day 1
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Topersky
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    where is in Guild Management sorting by GP?
    Where is weekly tokens earned?
    where is mod management?
    where is Squad Management?
    Where is gear level requirements rework?
    Ally Code: 916 394 561
  • Options
    These are fixes and cosmetics help. If that's the qol for the entirety of 2018 then that's pretty poor tbh and we have nothing else to look forward too apart from that raid thing.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    No it isn't......

There are other stuff that would be nice (Bronziums.....)

Anyway, yeah, there are other things that would be nice but it is still a good update.
  • Shimrra
    109 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Where is the mod management ? That's probably the only thing that all community is waiting for since mods were add in the game. I don't think that having more defensive teams to put in TW is a good idea. Bonus on defense and offense is enough.

Edit : Oh and if you really want to increase our quality of life for god sake please remove MK4 carbantis from every raids or TW or TB rewards and most of gear that we have in thousand. Or at least give us the possibility to sell or craft those useless gears...
  • Options
    So many IMPORTANT things to improve if you talk about QOL !

Now as a TW strategy and coordinator I will have not only to be a rocket scientist but also an **** dictating to people that sometimes they CAN'T fight.
    People don't spend 24/24 in this game. You guys have to take this in consideration.

I'm getting more and more frustrated by the non senses you bring to this game.
    Only in this thread I've read brilliant and effective adds. But you guys rather on a 2% issue than some real QOL things which would make our in game experience even better.
  • Options
    How to ruin TW fun..I guess I won’t be able to use weak teams anymore..no mod management,no bronzium pack opener option,no answers for Sith Marauder not working under Nihilus and Vader’s leadership but HEY now you can set as favourite a toon that you still have to activate! Please CG tell us that this isn’t everything..I thought this QoL would be HUGE but let’s be honest apart from GW simmable and the daily tickets for officers this can hardly even be considered an update.
  • Options
    Aside from some need fixes the Quality of Life changes are rather bland. Where is mod Management? For example.
  • Options
    Waking up and thinking I was dreaming that this QOL update was a dream and then reading not 1 positive point has made me realise it was no dream but a massive joke on the dedicated players I REALLY HOPE ALL THE DEVS are reading these comments from us all
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Underwhelming and probably the last nail in the coffin for some.

QoL Updates happen once a year - you cannot ask the community to wait another year for essential stuff like the bronzium slider and mod management...
  • Options
    On the bright side, we just have to wait another 12 months to maybe be listened to.
  • Options
    Dispointed as well.

Mod management was the one thing that was really badly needed.

Nope instead you revamped territory wars completely for 2% of the population. Oh but that 2% is TI and those bid guilds. And what? They have so many godlike mods that they dont need a mod manager.

I suppose this explains your decision.

We were keeping people playing in our guild with : wait a QOL is coming, time sink is going to be reduce. Appelarently not.

We will have some opening soon when no one understand what is happening in TW and we have 3 raids per night.

Please go back to the drawing board and if you are unsure what to work on, stop asking exclusively the top 5 guilds.
  • Options
    I don't want to sound too harsh because some people obviously put some work behind this QOL update but I have to admit I'm not impressed. Worse, the TW modifications are something nobody asked for. Your just catering to a vocal minority, 5% tie results are not a valid justification when the system just works for 95% of us!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Love the simmable GW and the other things are nice too, but really not a game changer. I hope there is more on the way like mod management.

February 2019 I guess...
  • Options
    Why do we need a slider for bronzium? Sit down and spend the amount you hoarded. Get your kids to do it. Whatever. Then it takes all of 45s a day to spend. Stop waiting for an update.
  • Options
    Why do we need a slider for bronzium? Sit down and spend the amount you hoarded. Get your kids to do it. Whatever. Then it takes all of 45s a day to spend. Stop waiting for an update.
    If you’re sayin that stuff it’s either because you haven’t been playing long enough or you don’t do energy refreshes that often but for someone who does 6-9 refreshes a day...well,you get the idea. I’d have to press that annoying button for 2days in a row without sleeping.

• Options
    While, I see don‘t entirely see, why some people complain so much. I must say, that I am slightly underwhelmed by the QoL updates. But before you say anything, let me break it down

Tickets:
    -> fixes are not QoL updates, should not be advertised as such imho

Linking:
    -> definately a QoL improvement and for quite some people I know, a good one at that

Sims:
    -> we get more sim options that saves us about time from somewhere between 10-5 minutes of grind/clicking that has just become a mechanical routine.

A lot of people complain about TW and the way it works
    -> you are working and improving on it; perfectly fine for me! Yet again, no QoL imo. More of an adjustment, fine tuning, balancing...

Text search:
    -> definately a QoL update, but is it really needed? I have not unlocked ALL but about 85% of the toons, but I never had the feeling searching some toons was very time consuming... roster isn‘t really that big. I know games where it is a absolute necessity... swgoh imho isn‘t there yet by a loooooong gap

Favorites:
    -> good One! Makes shifting around my mods quicker if need be

Ship challenges:
    -> another good one, although less needed that normal challenges

Heist/droids:
    -> and another obvious good one

Inbox:
    -> imo a fix, not a QoL improvement. It should‘ve had that from the start.

Enemy selection:
    -> a fix, but it might be to be seen how useful. I never had much problems (clicking above ships where buffs and debuffs are shown works fine as well). I think a toggle for an enemies bar in the upper screen would‘ve done the trick as well... Personally, I like to arrange my times for optical reasons, leaders being flanked by Tanks and such... well, personal thing ;-)

Zeta:
    -> QoL for the rush clickers at max.... never had an issue spending zetas I didn’t want to, because I actually look at what I‘m doing, instead of smashing the screen with my fingers

Shipment item count:
    -> Good one, can save a couple of clicks and waits!

Leadboards:
    -> meh...

So, while you certainly have worked a lot on it, which is certainly appreciated, I see some issues with the QoL improvements as advertized. Quite a few are in my opinion not QoL but normal updates, fixes and adjustments made as needed throughout normal balancing processes of games.
    Which makes this BIG QoL update look a lot smaller and quite a few time issues have not been solved.

Bronzium packs
    -> a slider or „open 10/20/...“ in similar games are a standard, why isn‘t it here? Especially since they are of no practical use for most players that have stacked up tons

Item crafting/selling/converting
    -> many players have 1000s of early level or challenge gear items... what for? Quite fast, it doesn‘t make sense anymore as you are there sitting on the same items 1000s of times, while others are rarer than a 5 legged lizard with 3 eyes. Item rotation, selling, crafting... anything might help.

Suggestion:
    Why not open a item peddler store (junk store)... shady hovering guy like Watto buying and changing items for maybe more used stuff. 100 whatever and 10.000credits and poof he gives you 5 cuffs, carabatis or similar?

And last but not least, arenas. Why do we have to keep hitting refreshes if eventually we will -in a certain range of level differences- be able to choose exactly the enemy we want to fight against. This makes only sense if you are paid by clicks... otherwise it is just a hassle, lost time and data volume while being not at home...

Again, I do love the game and I am okay with what you do for most parts. But as tried to explain above, I think you did not hit the spots that actually needed the QoL update most, while on the other side called fixes and balance issues QoL improvements. Well, that‘s my personal impression, though.
    I am certain you have insight into more data etc and I might have missed the point of some updates because of that.
    Nevertheless, please don‘t get discouraged by people complaining all day long. It just shows how much they care for them game you‘re working on!

P.s.:
    Can you shed some light into the the legal form part for Germans? As German I‘m quite curious and also wondering if it has anything to do with the new law that might or might not be passed in Germany regarding lootboxes, boosters and the like?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    It’s mildly amusing how the Tw update just angered the population of players who enjoyed that dumpster fire.
  • Options

@SwarmyStargazer the real issue with lbrunziums started about a year ago. They had a game mode called tournaments, which required you to stack up ally points. I've had about 400k saved when the game mode was cancelled (since it was a total bust). Since than, I've been waiting for an efficient way to get rid of them. I've, when I was at 500k or so, I've decided getting rid of it. So I've spent 5 hours on it. I was down to 100k, than I gave up. Now I got back to 940k.
  • Options
    Soooo, you’re breaking the only mode that has made this game worth playing and replacing with a nonsense point system?

• Options
    Any chance that the data include a view for the previous day? Perhaps even a previous day / 7 days / 30 days display? As someone who works in a guild with a reset at 4am local time, it would be nice to have something to look at a players contribution over time in order to help with management.
  • Options
    The only other thing I was really expecting to see was a new level of the daily challenges with updated rewards
  • Options
    I also agree that TW is currently the funnest game mode but these changes are going to ruin the fun.