[Inquiry] In-Game Lineup Positions after the update

Prev1345678
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited March 2018
So character/ship positions in battle have been scrambled since the new update. Anyone know where each spots correlates now?
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• Options
    I like the toons on my teams a certain way, arena team, rancor teams, any team, I arrange myself. I don’t want my choice of order being overridden and my toons put how I don’t want.
    Anyone else agree?
  • Options
    I like the change for people arena, but the ship arena change is weird and makes it harder for me to select them
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    So character/ship positions in battle have been scrambled since the new update. Anyone know where each spots correlates now?

Organized by height supposedly, but for ships it seems off
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    when the update goes out the position in selecting what characters to use will no longer mean anything in relation to where they are in the battle. at least thats what i took from the notes
  • Options
    I hate it. Can we please have an option to toggle it on/off, or set it only for certain game mods?

I'm too kitten set in my ways.
  • Options
    i don't see why your own lineup positions should change on offense. let people set up their offense how they want it, it was only when attacking certain fleets cheesing it there was an issue and thats when the lineup should be game-chosen
  • Options
    when the update goes out the position in selecting what characters to use will no longer mean anything in relation to where they are in the battle. at least thats what i took from the notes

Well that's incredibly disappointing. I worked hard to make my lineups visually aesthetically pleasing. I liked to arrange my ships so that TIE fighters flanked Vader, my double-bladed characters were together, etc.
    I'm quite sad now :'(
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    i don't see why your own lineup positions should change on offense. let people set up their offense how they want it, it was only when attacking certain fleets cheesing it there was an issue and thats when the lineup should be game-chosen
    Actually when I used AA lead I would run into issues selecting my own ships for heals. I have not had that issue with Thrawn.
  • Barik_Edo
    206 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My character positions seem backwards. Tall characters in the front so it's harder to target the shorter characters. No bueno.

Update: Empire squad seems ok, but Resistance isn't right and First Order is especially bad.

Post edited by Barik_Edo on
  • Options
    Anyone else notice a change in the order of characters on the Character screen? Has the update changed the power rating?
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Just puts your favorites at the top. Some people in our guild had the same thing happen.
  • Options
    Ahh. Did not even notice that. Thanks!!
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Don’t forget leader position has not changed so that might be why you are seeing issues. Rjt and Finn are both pretty tall compaired to other Resistance
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately as kitten as it sounds, now my Squad no longer looks aesthetically pleasing to me. It used to be 3 light sabres in front and 2 droids behind, now it’s 1 droid in front and 1 droid behind. OCD is killing me.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    OMG. That is disgusting. I hated what they did with my organization.
    I ALWAYS think "which character I want in the front line and which one I want in the back line". It's more like an OCD, but that's one of the things that makes the game fun for me.
    EA just needs to add a box for us to choose wether we want the auto fill wether not
  • Options

Well that's incredibly disappointing. I worked hard to make my lineups visually aesthetically pleasing. I liked to arrange my ships so that TIE fighters flanked Vader, my double-bladed characters were together, etc.
    I'm quite sad now :'(

Yeah me too.. my squad is perfectly arrange. This is so bad. I'm sad :cry:
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Man I never expected this complaint...guess I should have known better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
  • Options
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I only had the height issue if I put chopper in one spot and kanan in the other.

that said, glad it's rearranged.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG

Yeah but that wasn't the issue.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

But it was broke. Tall characters would hide the health, prot, and even buff/debuff on short characters.
  • Options
    OMG. That is disgusting. I hated what they did with my organization.
    I ALWAYS think "which character I want in the front line and which one I want in the back line". It's more like an OCD, but that's one of the things that makes the game fun for me.
    EA just needs to add a box for us to choose wether we want the auto fill wether not

I know right! I always put my tank right after leader and then I fix it myself into a way I like, now I just get overridden.
  • Options
    +1 from me here. Was there even a problem in the past when you could arrange characters as you liked? Who even suggested or requested for this change?
  • Options

But it was broke. Tall characters would hide the health, prot, and even buff/debuff on short characters.

You could always rearrange them in the past. Now you can't do diddly squat about it. My GK used to be right most for easy smoke screen targeting and now he's hiding behind Forehead Rey cos she's the leader.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    +1 from me here. Was there even a problem in the past when you could arrange characters as you liked? Who even suggested or requested for this change?

Never, I changed it if someone is in the way.. poof goes that problem. Usually it was just bc I didn’t like that person in that spot for visual preferences.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they make it so we can tick auto or manual.as an option. I personally don't want my ships or characters in any other order than the one I give them.
  • Options
    Apple's influence
  • Options
    Do they actually beta test these changes or just rely on the internal QA group? I'd have to think from the responses here these ideas weren't exactly thought through properly, or tested to an active playerbase.
  • Options
    TukkuRask wrote: »
    Do they actually beta test these changes or just rely on the internal QA group? I'd have to think from the responses here these ideas weren't exactly thought through properly, or tested to an active playerbase.

Wait... there's an internal QA group? Lol
This discussion has been closed.