[Inquiry] In-Game Lineup Positions after the update

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Pob wrote: »
    Yep, I find this frustrating. I use my favourite list as a overview of toons I'm farming and gearing.
    Not helpful having weak unusable at the top.
    Some people may use the favourite feature different to me, I understand that. But maybe have a toggle switch for this feature. Or leave it as it was in power order and if I want to see the favs I can select from the drop down in two clicks.
    Sigh.

I use it the same way you do and despise that change. Especially on the team builder screen (as Kyno noted). Why would they enable you to "favorite" toons that you haven't unlocked yet...then put favorites at the top of your team builder screen by default with no toggle to remove that option?? That makes absolutely no sense.

Not saying I agree with it, but the rationale that was passed down was that for many people they like to have quick access to toons that they are still farming to unlock. Before, they couldn't have a quick menu to get to locked toons that they are currently farming (because you couldn't favorite a locked toon).
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I have to say - I am not a fan of the new line up positions. Nothing more for me to say there.
    Please change Devs - thanks!
  • Options
    Seems like they wasted their time making something pointless
  • Options
    Please, just give us an option to toggle it off.
    And since forum is rather dead, you can look at reddit and see similar thread has 140 upvotes last I checked.
    A lot more than the 10 people that some condescending person thought there was.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/80jt8v/is_the_rearranging_units_qol_annoying_anyone_else/
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I came to the conclusion that in the battle of the ships, the rival initially attacks the central ship of the first line and the right ship of the second line. so I put a tank there. and now, in these positions, ships with a small amount of life and they quickly die. today I have fought five times with an opponent who has never had problems before. this is the worst update from all, turn everything back on

My TF was always front left because that's where it was (I never cared). Sometimes it got attacked right away, sometimes it did not.

This is to say your conclusion is faulty.

I am very happy for you. but I have come to this conclusion and with such a deployment of ships I never had problems with the first place on the arena. and today everything has changed

I guess you deserve to drop if you think the two things are related.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Man I never expected this complaint...guess I should have known better.

Really?! You didn't expect a complaint.

"I should have known better."

@TVF If I see something I don't like, why shouldn't I say anything?

I should have known there would be people that don't like it.

Yeah! Super crazy that two different people have two different opinions...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    So many more things to change re: QoL (like a Bronzium slider) they choose player team layout positions???? Makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Please, just give us an option to toggle it off.
    And since forum is rather dead, you can look at reddit and see similar thread has 140 upvotes last I checked.
    A lot more than the 10 people that some condescending person thought there was.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/80jt8v/is_the_rearranging_units_qol_annoying_anyone_else/

I mean, at least quote me and again, 140 up votes? Compared to the 10 million downloads according to the Google play store, and how many million more on ISO? S

So 150 people have an issue with this, but millions more didn't care before and don't care now?

Y'all have every right to complain about something that has so impacted y'all's world and caused arena and ships to collapse into chaos, I'm just here to say EL-OH-EL.

• Options
    Boo wrote: »
    So many more things to change re: QoL (like a Bronzium slider) they choose player team layout positions???? Makes no sense to me.

Maybe we can term it as "low hanging fruit?"
  • Options
    I absolutely hate this change.
  • Options
    This is a bigger deal than most think. If something isn’t aesthetically pleasing, people stop playing. First order teams were my favorite to use. Now the lineup is all screwed up and I’m turned off on the game. But I do thank the devs for doing this now,at the beginning of my work season because I was going to drop some money their way over the next few months. Thanks!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Maybe we can term it as "low hanging fruit?"

Sometimes easy to do things happen faster, than harder to do things... probably wisdom in that fruit quote!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    I don’t understand why this feature was even changed. Why change something that isn’t broken?

Because it *was* broken. Characters like BB and R2 could be hidden behind someone, making them hard to select. And, as mentioned, this was especially a problem in ships.

But... I could always fix my own team. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which slot went where.

This is just forcing everyone to live down to the standards of those that couldn't figure it out I guess

Thing is you could not reorder your opponents team. I had a guy put hoda (not that Iwould target him)(could work with BB8) behind Vader Rey and I forget the third. I could not see life bars or target him if I wanted to.
  • ChrisSkywalker
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    MolCrudia wrote: »
    I don’t understand why this feature was even changed. Why change something that isn’t broken?

Because it *was* broken. Characters like BB and R2 could be hidden behind someone, making them hard to select. And, as mentioned, this was especially a problem in ships.

But... I could always fix my own team. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which slot went where.

This is just forcing everyone to live down to the standards of those that couldn't figure it out I guess

Thing is you could not reorder your opponents team. I had a guy put hoda (not that Iwould target him)(could work with BB8) behind Vader Rey and I forget the third. I could not see life bars or target him if I wanted to.

The lineup change should’ve only fixed defense teams. Ai can target whoever with no problems. Offense lineup needs to go back to the way it was.
  • Options

Out of all the different comps I've faced, I've never had that happen to me.
    Apparently is was this horrific issue, but whatevs. But why not make the change strictly on defense? Leave offense alone.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I never had an issue selecting my own ships.

As for characters, you could easily rearrange them as you saw fit to account for any issue.

Now we have no choice in the ordering and they are getting rearranged every round. This is NOT an improvement.
    Kyno wrote: »

Especially in ships this was an issue. This also helps in character battles as it's a little easier to select and/or see health bars.

• Options
    Apparently is was this horrific issue, but whatevs. But why not make the change strictly on defense? Leave offense alone.

This would make sense.
  • Options
    Have no objections whatsoever if you want to rearrange how the opponent’s Squad looks like.
    Just kindly return us control of our OWN squad.
  • Options

Out of all the different comps I've faced, I've never had that happen to me.
    I agree would have rathered it just on defense. However it is not what they did. So now we have this.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Everything in the update except this new positioning has been nice so far. Hopefully it's reverted or made optional for all the time spent making squad presets by position
  • Options
    Yeah, not a fan. I like my squad order, please stop rearranging it. I like my taunt in front, I like my Snowtrooper in front, I don't like to see him laying down a full AOE spray through the backs of all his allies. I like Wiggs in back with their orange duds next to each other. I like Ezra on Hera's right so he is easy to select for assists. Quit screwing with my squads.
    Thank you.

Exactly. Now I have lightsabers cutting people in half. :/
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, give us the option - I like controlling my groups layout.
    I've been getting weird clipping issues, it also feels weird having tanks at the back in many cases - even though it's just a visual issue just give us a toggle for this option :disappointed:
  • Options
    Seems like there is a combination of two solutions that might even have been easier.
    1.) Shift the camera angle a little bit
    2.) Raise the health bars of toons in the back
  • Options
    I really hope they see all this hate and change this back.
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It's funny but I would think if anyone would complain about each unit's visibility then they would just plug them in using a different order to correct the issue themselves. If you don't want to bother, fine! If you want to plug them in so they're out there based on height, fine! If you want to hide your BB behind Wampa, fine! Your team, your choice. It seems kitten to have just unilaterally taken that away from everyone over fixing a hundred other things.

Initial reaction to QoL announcement was, meh.

Seeing it so far, reaction remains the same. A bunch of inconsequential nothing.

P.S. I don't consider the upcoming raid or toons QoL, that's just new content. Would have come along with or without QoL stuff. Those things, though, I'm excited for.
  • Options
    Anyone else notice a change in the order of characters on the Character screen? Has the update changed the power rating?

Favorites are first
  • Options
    when the update goes out the position in selecting what characters to use will no longer mean anything in relation to where they are in the battle. at least thats what i took from the notes

Well that's incredibly disappointing. I worked hard to make my lineups visually aesthetically pleasing. I liked to arrange my ships so that TIE fighters flanked Vader, my double-bladed characters were together, etc.
    I'm quite sad now :'(

I feel the same. I put thought around arranging my line up.

• Options
    After playing the TB missions and some arena fights, I have to say that I dislike this feature more than lumpy milk on my corn flakes.
  • Options
    Yes please, please, please give us the option to be able to toggle auto-positioning on and off!!!
This discussion has been closed.