[Inquiry] In-Game Lineup Positions after the update

Replies

• Options
    Devro wrote: »
    This change isn't just cosmetic, it's actually changed the game. I am complaining right here right now.

Due to the ships being reorganised my tie pilot moved to the back line. My tie pilot is very important as it gives my tarkin turn meter. I have benefited due to people automatically choosing to hit the tie fighter as it's been the default ship targeted. Today I go to fight and I have dropped somewhere between 50-70 places.

I would like the option to choose my order because I have the physical capability to choose who I want to attack. if people can't be bothered to choose how they order their crew/ships that's their fault, not mine.

Bad update. Bad.

Yep my TF has always gone in front too for the same reason & now he's in back. Very kittened off here. Also like my tanks/ stronger chars in front & weaker ones in back.
  • Options
    There was probably a dozen much more practical solutions to the selecting issues. Out of all they chose the worst that screw up everyone who likes/wants/needs to custom their team.

And not only it doesn't solves much but it also screw up other things in the process.
  • Options
    My toons are switching positions in between parts of the same Territory Battle. I.e. I make an attack and my toons are auto-positioned in stage 1/6 and in stage 2/6 they are rearranged. The way it was described, there should be a clear hierarchy of toon order based on height and this should not change from battle to battle and less so in the same battle.
  • Options
    ulrond wrote: »
    I ABSOLUTELY HATE that my chosen layouts are forcedly changed.
    It affects my visual enjoyment of how I want my squad structured, and where I specifically need opponent AI to target a toon/ship, they are obviously who I place front+centre.
    This is a TERRIBLE way to clear up obstructed buff icons and difficulty selecting a toon.
    You essentially took away our rights to have our favourite heroes in our chosen configurations, which is affecting battle outcomes.
    Worst change you could possibly make.
    Disappointed.
    Very.

That is true - with people who just hit the fight and then just hit auto, you could play that to your advantage slightly on D.

We asked for arrow icons to let us toggle between the 5 enemies. That was the fix. I'm sure a couple people probably didn't love it, but I remember those threads being agreeable. As always, what we asked for gets fixed it in the most bass ackwards way possible.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    This is very confusing and annoying at this update. I'm told it changes constantly between TB waves (haven't done it myself yet) but I have seen personally it change between different arena matches, which can be quite detrimental.

For example. I run a full resistance RJT squad. I use Poe and Resistance Trooper. Since I updated yesterday Poe was the farthest away from me, on the front left row. Sometimes he's in the back left row. Since I use R2's Smokescreen on Poe this arbitrary change can become a nightmare if I accidentally use it on Resistance Trooper.

Furthermore, another strategy you can employ is tactically placing your units in order on purpose. For example, using Ezra to call R2 to assist. If R2 is in the front row, and Ezra in the back row, if they call the assist on GK with foresight, both characters will be dodged because of foresight. However, if R2 is in the back row and Ezra in front, Ezra will hit GK first, using up the foresight, then R2 will get there later and will land a hit, hopefully stunning him.

This is just one example. Due to the inconsistency and clear lack of control with our own units please remove this feature or allow it to be turned off.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    Furthermore, another strategy you can employ is tactically placing your units in order on purpose. For example, using Ezra to call R2 to assist. If R2 is in the front row, and Ezra in the back row, if they call the assist on GK with foresight, both characters will be dodged because of foresight. However, if R2 is in the back row and Ezra in front, Ezra will hit GK first, using up the foresight, then R2 will get there later and will land a hit, hopefully stunning him.

If true this is a bug but I doubt it's true.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don't make things up. But i'm also not going to take the time to try to get a video of it for a naysayer. R2 moves slower, takes longer to hit. Doesn't seem like a bug if he's starting his movement from a different place.

This thread is feedback for a new feature. If the devs determine the Ezra/R2 interaction to be a bug there is still plenty of feedback to be had about auto-rearranging units.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    I don't make things up. But i'm also not going to take the time to try to get a video of it for a naysayer.

Lol ok.

Placement of units does not affect their abilities.
  • Options
    It came as a surprise to me too when I learned of it. @Snake told me about it when we were running the same team in arena.
  • Options
    I disagree, I think squad movement is essential for having the best UI experience (selecting/deselecting units) also neither me nor my guild has experienced any r2 issues, if anyone is having problems of that nature lvl/gear/mod him, do work...
  • Options
    Furthermore the turning it 'off' option is a fabulous idea meerava.
  • Options
    Wil wrote: »
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG

Had this same issue today. Kylo is the one I give marching orders to so he can lash out/feed the team TM. Not ideal..

This is what they did. Horrible.
  • Options
    One way this makes selecting squad members worse is I like to place those whom I select more often on front right or back right, closest to you so you can easily get them. In my Resistance team BB8 goes front right. No problem there because the game keeps him there. But I had Poe in back right for R2's smokescreen, but now Poe is farthest away, automatically moved by the game. A mistap is very likely in the future since I place the smokescreen around Poe every match.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Furthermore, I used to have Poe in the back left, but Res Trooper's selection box is much bigger than he is, so it was almost impossible to actually select Poe without getting Res Trooper. Yes, that's a bug, but what's to say this won't happen with another character in the future, who the game thinks is smaller than someone and puts it in front of them, only for you to not be able to select the character you want because the selection box is too big, with no recourse to change it yourself since the game places them automatically for you? You'll have to wait for the bug to get fixed, which we know how long that can take.
  • Options
    I understand and read that earlier in the thread, I guess I've just never had that trouble, do you play on a phone meerava? Some of my guildies play on larger tablets and now with qol bringing cross-platform compatibility I've heard talk of emulation use, just some options if your having trouble, but, like you said earlier an off selection for team rearrangement is a great idea IMO.
  • Options
    I keep making Hermit Yoda not be stealthed by R2 because Im so used to clicking GK in that spot.
  • Options
    This rearranging has honestly ruined the game for me. My goal since the begining has been to have Hermit yoda with chirrut imwe in the back with Ezra, qui GonJ, and jedi consular in the front with the three green light sabers. It's a matter of preference and expression for me. I love having the two wise powerful masters in the back just chillin healing while I attack with the jedi in the front 4-6 times in a row as Ezra and qui gon can call on each other plz turn it off or give us an off option for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Mando8000 wrote: »
    This rearranging has honestly ruined the game for me. My goal since the begining has been to have Hermit yoda with chirrut imwe in the back with Ezra, qui GonJ, and jedi consular in the front with the three green light sabers. It's a matter of preference and expression for me. I love having the two wise powerful masters in the back just chillin healing while I attack with the jedi in the front 4-6 times in a row as Ezra and qui gon can call on each other plz turn it off or give us an off option for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruined the game?

You people are weird.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    ulrond wrote: »
    I ABSOLUTELY HATE that my chosen layouts are forcedly changed.
    It affects my visual enjoyment of how I want my squad structured, and where I specifically need opponent AI to target a toon/ship, they are obviously who I place front+centre.
    This is a TERRIBLE way to clear up obstructed buff icons and difficulty selecting a toon.
    You essentially took away our rights to have our favourite heroes in our chosen configurations, which is affecting battle outcomes.
    Worst change you could possibly make.
    Disappointed.
    Very.

That is true - with people who just hit the fight and then just hit auto, you could play that to your advantage slightly on D.

We asked for arrow icons to let us toggle between the 5 enemies. That was the fix. I'm sure a couple people probably didn't love it, but I remember those threads being agreeable. As always, what we asked for gets fixed it in the most bass ackwards way possible.

Again, if you're in a shard where people are so bad that they auto target your TIE, consider yourself lucky.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    There are all kinds. I imagine this game allows many to play out Star Wars fantasies.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Granted.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Ruined the game?

You people are weird.

It's not wierd, I want my team the way I want it end of story.
  • Options
    Careful thought was put into making my squads pretty dang it :(
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    I fought two ship battles, didn’t change anything, but one TFP was top middle, the other bottom right, this is ridiculous!
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

Ruined the game?

You people are weird.

It's not wierd

You're right. But it is weird.

Specifically, it's weird if you would let something like this "ruin the game" for you.
  • Options
    Here's to this community, for finding something to complain about every, single update.
  • Options
    What’s weird is somebody getting on a game forum and judging people who are expressing their frustration in a feedback thread. It’s also really annoying.

Ruined the game?

You people are weird.

It's not wierd

Specifically, it's weird if you would let something like this "ruin the game" for you.

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    What’s weird is somebody getting on a game forum and judging people who are expressing their frustration in a feedback thread. It’s also really annoying.

Ruined the game?

You people are weird.

It's not wierd

Here's to this community, for finding something to complain about every, single update.

• Options

Ruined the game?

You people are weird.

It's not wierd

It's a RPG, people immerse themselves into RPGs all the time. When that immersion experience is changed for the worse (their opinion), they are likely to voice their displeasure. Their displeasure doesn't impact you or I one bit, so coming into this thread to mock or insult isn't constructive.

That said, the squad position changing phase to phase in the same encounter with the same characters seems like a bug. Also, shorter "hunched" or "crouching" characters hiding behind taller characters is definitely not WAI.
  • Options
    If y'all wanna circle-**** and pat yourself on the back over how superior you are to the rest of us, more power to you. Doesn't make you right, and doesn't make you likable.

(also: implying it isn't a legitimate gripe)
This discussion has been closed.