[Inquiry] In-Game Lineup Positions after the update

Replies

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Rearranging Units
    There is an issue affecting the recently introduced feature: Rearranging Units. It will be temporarily disabled until the bug has been fixed.
    EXCELLENT! Maybe it'll be permanent? (or at least only take effect on defense).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    My bug report worked!!
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Now we just need them to turn it off on offense completely.
  • Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    Now we just need them to turn it off on offense completely.

Yes!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I will say this feature is pretty useless for ship. You/they just call in reinforcements, making the whole thing pointless.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of this, it shifts my toons from spot to spot between GW battles and doesn’t always work.

I had vader blocking R2 and couldn’t even see R2 to select him a couple of times. (I’ll take a screen grab next time to prove it.)

Selecting the enemies seems better, selecting allies seems not.
  • Options
    Love how people are complaining about their squads not being "symmetrical." Hilarious!
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Rearranging Units
    There is an issue affecting the recently introduced feature: Rearranging Units. It will be temporarily disabled until the bug has been fixed.
    EXCELLENT! Maybe it'll be permanent? (or at least only take effect on defense).

I'm hoping it's just going to be scrapped. It's a terrible idea.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Kidon013 wrote: »
    Love how people are complaining about their squads not being "symmetrical." Hilarious!

OCD man...
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

I love how people care enough to comment about how other people prefer to view their squad.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I love the update..... Except this part. Hearing it's on delay due to bugs, I'm hoping it's just scrapped entirely. That would make this update pretty awesome, in my opinion.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

I love how people care enough to comment about how other people prefer to view their squad.

Hey no disrespect intended, I legitimately found it funny. When the QOL update came out this was not something I thought would have a 7 page forum post dedicated to it lol.
  • Daeva
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to the auto reorganization stuff my kylo is ducked down behind my strangely huge fotp and I'm having trouble clicking kylo with my first order officer buff.
  • Options
    I actually learned what spot in your squad correlates to which spot on the field. I used to arrange them based on which ones I would be tapping. For instance, I never target R2 for anything so he was#3, where Old Ben and BB8 were chosen constantly, they went to the 2nd and 4th spots respectively. Now R2 shifts to 4 and I have trouble choosing Old Ben out of the 3rd spot. This could have been left alone as a tactical advantage for people who bothered to pay attention and/or learn.
  • TVF
    36676 posts Member
    Options
    A tactical advantage?

I look at my toons before I tap them. Apparently that's now a tactical advantage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaystation
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rearranging Units:
    There are a variety of situations where a player’s tall unit (ex. Darth Vader) is obscuring a small unit (ex. Hermit Yoda). This resulted in players being unable to select the obscured unit when an Ally ability allows it (ex. Hera’s Backup Plan ability). To ensure units can always be selected and seen, units will now rearrange based on unit height. The one exception is the leader unit, which will remain in the front. This tech also applies to opponent ships to minimize situations where an opponent's ship can not be targeted (this was primarily an issue on the Capital Ship’s turn).

This whole thing is broken - other than the fact that I can no longer have my units line up the way I want (no control whatsoever) I'm often stuck looking at K2SO blocking half the screen - mostly 2 units. Clearly, this isn't working as intended!

unknown.png?width=833&height=469

This happens more often when having event characters join or when borrowing a hero (6th character).

It was much better before - even if the actual character order wasn't identical to that on the selection screen - when you could at least place them the way you saw fit.

I hope they'll roll back to the way it was and maybe add some meaning to the way we choose to set our characters.
    Streaming pure, unadulterated gameplay on YouTube,Twitch & Mixer
    See what I've been up to on Aegis.ro
  • Options
    Rearranging Units:
    There are a variety of situations where a player’s tall unit (ex. Darth Vader) is obscuring a small unit (ex. Hermit Yoda). This resulted in players being unable to select the obscured unit when an Ally ability allows it (ex. Hera’s Backup Plan ability). To ensure units can always be selected and seen, units will now rearrange based on unit height. The one exception is the leader unit, which will remain in the front. This tech also applies to opponent ships to minimize situations where an opponent's ship can not be targeted (this was primarily an issue on the Capital Ship’s turn).

This whole thing is broken - other than the fact that I can no longer have my units line up the way I want (no control whatsoever) I'm often stuck looking at K2SO blocking half the screen - mostly 2 units. Clearly, this isn't working as intended!

This happens more often when having event characters join or when borrowing a hero (6th character).

It was much better before - even if the actual character order wasn't identical to that on the selection screen - when you could at least place them the way you saw fit.

I hope they'll roll back to the way it was and maybe add some meaning to the way we choose to set our characters.

I really love everything they brought with the update except the fact you're having the beefiest characters shoved in your face:
    Streaming pure, unadulterated gameplay on YouTube,Twitch & Mixer
    See what I've been up to on Aegis.ro
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Please undo this mess, CG. Just go back to pre update, letting us set them where we want.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    They disabled the anti QOL feature(thank goodness for that), but it doesn’t correspond to the old positions anymore. You’re going to have to do some trial and error to see which position goes where.
  • Options
    On the squad set up screen, if you count from top to bottom--going from left to right--with the Leader as 1... it's only that spots 3 and 4 have traded positions during the fight.
    1 - 2 - 3
    4 - 5
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Lost my first battle a few days ago because of this. Was stealthing with Scimitar. Saw a TIE fighter right where I always kept my TFP, and muscle memory kicked in. Turns out it was FOTP, which wasn't pretty.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    They disabled the anti QOL feature(thank goodness for that), but it doesn’t correspond to the old positions anymore. You’re going to have to do some trial and error to see which position goes where.

@Huatimus I did some testing. I think this is the new positioning. Happy OCDing!!!
    For Squads:
    Selection - Battle
    Top Left = Front Middle (leader, duh)
    Top Middle = Front Right
    Top Right = Back Right
    Bottom Left = Front Left
    Bottom Right = Back Left

For Ships:
    Selection - Battle
    Top Left = Back Right
    Top Middle = Back Left
    Top Right = Front Middle
    Bottom Left = Front Left
    Bottom Right = Front Right
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Posion changes every time, worst thing in this update besides Favourite on top
  • Options
    I don’t think it is working as intended. My R2 and BB8 end up on the far left along with yoda and reinforcements on fleet end up covering up smaller profiled ships.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    The positions have changed, but I kinda like it. If you tilt the top of your device 45° right at character selection, that's pretty much how they line up in battle.

Now that this has been changed back to being user controlled, I'm very happy with the update as a whole. Great job, devs at CG.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    The part I dont get is, why develop this. Noone wants this at all, yet you put days of work in it. That could have beeb spent on things we actually want.
    Even if you dont want to read the official forum for the free, great ideas, you could justt run a poll and see which potential new feature people vote for.
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Kyngzilla . you look like an idi0t. complaining about people complaining. go and play in traffic
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    with the new toon positions I have been selecting the wrong toon for R2s cloak A lot more often than before the change

Ships are easier, but squad arena is A lot harder to select the right toon on a cell phone!
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Anrath wrote: »
    with the new toon positions I have been selecting the wrong toon for R2s cloak A lot more often than before the change

Ships are easier, but squad arena is A lot harder to select the right toon on a cell phone!

They have changed it back to allowing us to put them where we want them. So just learn the positions and choose wisely to avoid the problem.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

@Huatimus I did some testing. I think this is the new positioning. Happy OCDing!!!
    For Squads:
    Selection - Battle
    Top Left = Front Middle (leader, duh)
    Top Middle = Front Right
    Top Right = Back Right
    Bottom Left = Front Left
    Bottom Right = Back Left

For Ships:
    Selection - Battle
    Top Left = Back Right
    Top Middle = Back Left
    Top Right = Front Middle
    Bottom Left = Front Left
    Bottom Right = Front Right

Thanks for posting this, hopefully favorites being on top everywhere is made optional too
This discussion has been closed.