TW Issues 3/4/18 {Merged}

Replies

• Options
    They should just factor win-loss record of the guild into the matchmaking formula. Then you get more competitive battles across the board. Maybe some extra bonus reward for winning in the "winners bracket".
  • LiamTheWise
    366 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    How r we suppose to win when we r completely under matched. They are 107m gp and we r 87m. This is ridiculous
  • Options
    Happens to us all the time, it really is really bad
  • Options
    Not all of their guild participates? Our guild has 102,000,000 GP, but only 38/50 signed up this time. Therefore the gap is much closer than the base GP.

There's a huge participation problem going on in TW, and the rework is only going to make it worse. I don't know why people would pass up the free zeta for posting 4 to 5 defensive squads.
  • Options
    Having higher GP doest necessary mean they will over power you.. i can have cls, kylo, gk, thrawn, dn... all G12 and modded - my gp will be somewhere ~115k you can have 100 toons lvl 80 and below modded and end up wit ~600 k GP... your hundred toons will never take down my five... im just saying some guilds have an inflated GP score
  • Options
    My guild has 4 CLS' and no JTRs. The guild we're up against has at least 14 CLS squads. How is my guild supposed to combat that? We don't have enough squads powerful enough to do anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to TW section.

I believe there is a Answers HQ post about this.
  • Options
    If they do only habe 35-40 players to our 50 thats 1 thing. But this is the third time we were huge underdogs and got beat bad the last 2 times
  • Options
    always same thing, every TW
  • Options
    Jesus guys, teams are matched up based on the GP of the members who join, so guilds with differing GP means nothing when it comes to balance. Yes, a guild who has 15 CLS' compared to a guild with none obviously has an advantage but I am SO SICK of guilds complaining after they compare the straight up total GP. It has nothing to do with how teams are matched up.
  • Options
    Its tough to comprehend the active participation thing. A guild can be 150M GP, but if only 25 members totaling 100M worth signed up, they get teamed against a 100M squad who had all 50 sign up.
  • Options
    If your guild is continually losing something has to be wrong. Either the matchmaker is at fault, guilds have found some way to gain an unforeseen advantage or the losers are playing poorly.
  • Options
    Any time our guild has been matched up to a guild of equal power it has been a good match and we have won. Our only loses came from guilds whose GP were significantly higher than ours. And yes the battle in the OP they had 44 players and we had 50 but they still had a gp of about 10m more than us. Especially when oir highest GP player would have been their 10th highest. We cleared 1 territory and they cleared all but our top row. We r 8-5 in TW.
  • Options
    Our guild is 35/50, but has 63 million GP. We have gone up against guilds with higher GP than us, 50/50... And completely decimated them because our rosters are usually much better than our opponents. Raw GP is meaningless, what is important is are you facing off against a guild of people who take progression seriously or are you facing off against people who play casually? Since there's no real way to determine that, there will continue to be "mismatches" in TW because everyone plays differently.
  • Options
    My guild is 12-0-1. It's about having the best 8-10 teams, no matter what your GP is. Have a deep roster of good speed mods too. You also should consider that a player on your team with 2.5 mill GP is going to help more that 4 players with 600k GP.

Tell your team to work towards to really good defensive teams so you can build a wall to stop teams from getting to your ships.
  • Options
    how do you know what your TW record is?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    how do you know what your TW record is?

Memory and/or tracking.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Any time our guild has been matched up to a guild of equal power it has been a good match and we have won. Our only loses came from guilds whose GP were significantly higher than ours. And yes the battle in the OP they had 44 players and we had 50 but they still had a gp of about 10m more than us. Especially when oir highest GP player would have been their 10th highest. We cleared 1 territory and they cleared all but our top row. We r 8-5 in TW.

Sounds like matchmaking works rather well, if you would have won 13 out of 13 there might have been a problem...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The stronger guilds have found a way to rort the system.
    Before the game starts the guild removes 5-8 players totalling around 15 mill gp.
    The game begins and an hour later they re enter.
    They can't fight but they have reduced the guild gp enough to fight weaker guilds. These guilds have an age of 2.1 mill gp and over. Compared to the opponent who has 1.6mill gp average.
    These ppl are rotated every time so they get rewarded too.
    Game is compromised.
    Rewards for the whale guilds

Wait, what - If they miss the opening they can re-enter, they can't deploy or attack but do they still get the rewards? I've never heard this before, just confirming.

I agree with the people "complaining" about TW set up. Even if the total GP entered into the battle is closely matched, the team that leaves out a few people to face a weaker opponent still have the advantage and they know it. That is why they do it. If you fall in a tier like the 70 to 100 million, the rewards for winning are very similar, not identical, just similar - especially the zeta count. If you can reduce your GP and fight a weaker team and increase your odds of winning then why wouldn't you try it.

The Dev's should just make it so your whole guild automatically enters TW, that way people can't leave players out to face easier teams.
  • Options
    Do like we do for mis-matches, set a joke defense and walk away, collect rewards 2 days later. Make it fun actually.
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe there is a Answers HQ post about this.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TW-matchup-system-horribly-flawed-lopsided-GP-matches/m-p/6617528#M8588
  • Options
    First twar got stomped by powerful guild bragging 2mill gp each member. Our guild 20mill. Learnt about exact co-op between members, blitzkrieg shock and awe tactics, twars started 5am, we had it won by 7am. Our front trench said 'dont bother we are all lvl85.' we now hunt in pairs with one kamikaze enemy squad to knock protection off, the other pulls the assist. We start with strongest enemy first. Hope this helps:)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait until the guilds who can't Hsith get matched up against the ones who have Godtrea maxxed...

lol.... I can't stop giggling about this oh the rage I anticipate rage after rage after rage posts in about 2-3 months....
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Our total GP is 105M, 49 members participating, enemy guild total GP is 103M. I thought the amount of squads was only increased for highest tier, as it say in QoL update. There is no way that we can fill all the zones, including 60 decent fleets and have anything left for attack. We have to just front load and put garbage on the end i guess.

Is it really intended for lower guilds or is it a bug, because its pretty insane.
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    Options
    What is your guild's total GP?
  • Options
    I ve looked at others, example guild A is 163 mil GP 50/50 and facing a 127 mil gp guild.

Ours is 112 mil (50/50) facing a 136 mil one (no idea if they are maxed tho). So i cannot use my own guild as an example on this but many others on discord are facing the same (where the higher guild is at 50/50)
  • Options
    Can we get some clarification as to what GP tiers you will be required to put 35 squads per zone. If the post it said that it would be for the highest tier. The highest Tier is 160M GP. Guilds below that are having to place 35 per zone. Can we see the numbers of defensive squads we have to place for our GP ?
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We have 35 squads per territory, with only 28 ships(+4 capitals) how we supposed to fill those and have anything for attack phase.I didn't like TW before the changes, now i straight hate it.
  • Nico
    29 posts Member
    Options
    We have the same problem. We have 127 million and our opponent has 161 million. The defense with 35 teams is **** for us.
  • Options
    My second division guild has quite the mismatch too, 70m vs 103m. Gonna be a rough one.