TW Issues 3/4/18 {Merged}

Replies

• Options
    125m guild, massive problems assigning 35!!! squads per map. Think the definition of Top Guild is what CG made a mistake with.
    The solution is good and many top guilds needed it. We are not them ;)
  • Options
    Guys me and my officers have written to EA help about bugs and issues about this. I think you all should sent a message about it.
    They must cancel this TW and start a new one when or if they can solve this issue
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    catharsis wrote: »
    Guys me and my officers have written to EA help about bugs and issues about this. I think you all should sent a message about it.
    They must cancel this TW and start a new one when or if they can solve this issue

I would rather just collect my rewards, win or loss. Plenty of time to fix it in between TWs.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We're perfectly matched in in terms of GP, like within 100K of each other. We only have 40 people in though... curious to see what happens....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Davius7
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild (Awakened Heroes) has 108 million GP. Our opponent, BHG 212th, has 133 million GP. This is a ridiculous mismatch.
  • Options
    Same issue here. Our guild has 91 mil GP (50/50). The opposing guild has 116 mil GP and I know (because a shardmate is in the opposing guild) that they have 49/50 participating.

The matchmaking has been awful from the get-go. We've been a GP underdog (often by a lot) in 12 out of 13 previous TW's, but 25 million (or so) is ridiculous. How hard is it to simply ensure that every match is within 5 million GP? That would at least cut down on the biggest mismatches, which seem to be rampant.
  • Hellios
    43 posts Member
    Options
    79m gp guild going against 112m gp = 33m gp difference/ 48 players against 48 players, as far as I've read through these topics, it's a record. Willing to post more details.
  • Options
    Same issue here. Our guild has 91 mil GP (50/50). The opposing guild has 116 mil GP and I know (because a shardmate is in the opposing guild) that they have 49/50 participating.

The matchmaking has been awful from the get-go. We've been a GP underdog (often by a lot) in 12 out of 13 previous TW's, but 25 million (or so) is ridiculous. How hard is it to simply ensure that every match is within 5 million GP? That would at least cut down on the biggest mismatches, which seem to be rampant.

This is the worst I have seen.

FTB Cantina Lords (105M) vs BHG Reloaded (162M)
  • MerciLesMing
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This is one way to solve a tie, for sure.

bitik5.jpg
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You only have 36 profiles on there....

Do you only have 36 members?
  • MerciLesMing
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I should note, our actual GP is 102,363,584. Some are don't have profiles. I would still hardly call 102 vs 142 equal. In fact, that is a pretty huge difference.

Plus and FYI, if anyone has taken some statistics classes, we can assume that player GP is normally distributed, so the improvement in averages will be expected to change very little from averaging 36 or averaging 50, so the average GP is the best indicator here, and you can see that if you take our actual total of 102 million, and divide by 50, you still get close to the average GP posted above.
  • Options
    I should not, our actual GP is 102,363,584. Some are don't have profiles. I would still hardly call 102 vs 142 equal. In fact, that is a pretty huge difference.
    That's crazy. Anything over 15million GP difference in my opinion is an automatic loss. We've had a few 20 mil differences and it's a bad joke
  • Options
    Anything over 15million GP difference in my opinion is an automatic loss. We've had a few 20 mil differences and it's a bad joke

Agree 100%
  • Options
    Is it possible there are alot of guilds skipping TW? Therefore making the pool of guilds to face small? If not I just don't get their system for matches
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    When the other guild has way more gp, it's possible that not all of their members participate.
    We never had bad matchmaking yet, I guess.

You can tell how many signed up by how many defenses they can set.
  • Options
    To add on, we had 47 members of our guild join the TW, so are really at only 98Mil GP, so in the 90-99.9M rewards bracket. Assuming they also had only 47 Join, they may only be @ 136+Mil GP so they would be in the 120-139.9M bracket. but still that is close to a 40Mil disadvantage in GP and they are THREE reward tiers above us! Also, as the final kick in the junk we also had to fill 29/29 slots in each territory instead of 24/24.
  • Mattam
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, similar issue happened here. Not only do we have to fill additional slots against a guild that's GP is 30 mil higher, their average GP is also 800k more lol.
  • Mattam
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, my guild is facing a similar situation.
  • Options
    Weird title for this merge, since it goes back to January 22nd.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Us too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Weird title for this merge, since it goes back to January 22nd.

ooo, shots fired !!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Bam_Kulum wrote: »
    To add on, we had 47 members of our guild join the TW, so are really at only 98Mil GP, so in the 90-99.9M rewards bracket. Assuming they also had only 47 Join, they may only be @ 136+Mil GP so they would be in the 120-139.9M bracket. but still that is close to a 40Mil disadvantage in GP and they are THREE reward tiers above us! Also, as the final kick in the junk we also had to fill 29/29 slots in each territory instead of 24/24.

No, the kick in the junk, is that if we win, we get the same rewards that they would get if they lost.
  • Options
    Mattam wrote: »
    Yup, my guild is facing a similar situation.

Ahem...what guild would that be?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We've been 20m underdogs and won. The only time we were evenly matched we destroyed the other team.

However this time we're 30m underdogs and we have no prayer. They're stacked with nothing but gold 100k teams. We're 60m total lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My 74M GP guild was just matched with 114M GP guild. I realize it’s based on active GP ...

How do you know it's based on active GP at all? Who told you this? I think this is an assumption, and it might be a bad one. If you remove this assumption, your whole sandbagging theory falls apart.
  • Davius7
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Our 108 million guild, Awaken Heroes, is up against a 133 million guild, BHG 212th. Please improve the matchmaker, devs!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps but the question remains, why the 40m GP gap?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH