Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe fix some of the character bugs WE are asking for. Give some of the QoL WE wanted. Prove you're listening - maybe next time one of these trash fires light up it won't be quite so tilted against you.

To be fair, the latest QoL update that came with this raid was very nice, and included some things that the community has been asking for.

However, they still haven't done anything about mod management, which has been one of the most asked for features for a long time. Also, bronzium sliders, which has caused people to either just let it pile up or use macros on emulators. This would be a very easy fix for them, especially since they added sliders to other aspects of the game. The only logical reason is they want people to keep going in the store to look at all the packs to buy with $$$ or crystals.

It all comes down to money. Micro-transactions has ruined the gaming industry. Priorities for developers are focusing on things that bring in money instead of fixing bugs like things used to be.
  • Options
    Mm011g3584 wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to listen devs. Look at destiny 2....

Battlefront 2 FULL STOP

• Options
    DangBusta wrote: »
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Most characters don't have such natural attributes, because they're designed to receive them from buffs (does any character have stacking tenacity? I only know of stacking potency). With high enough of all these mentioned stats, it still would do negligible damage - try a troopers team without using deathmark.

No, sorry I edited my post to include a piece about mods being available to buy from the store - coincidence?

Only way I've found to do anything to Nihilus is to have 60+% Tenacity & hope that DD doesn't stick, so that you can continue to use basic attacks.
    If you use Rex and his Tenacity Up buff gets stolen, it doesn't actually make any difference to Nihilus anyway. 1000% Tenacity, or 1000% + Tenacity Up? lol
    It does, however, make a marked difference to your own team members who have the buff.
    I've not had a single character receive DD, when already granted Tenacity Up.

Therefore, mods to apply a greater amount of Tenacity, without the buff, should be able to be expected to have the same effect.
    3 x Tenacity set for 30% plus Tenacity cross at 24%. Apply that and all toons will have a far greater chance of being productive, scoring better & not increasing his Protection and, therefore, not removing the option to score.

It makes a difference because the buff itself is giving Nihilus protection every turn.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    One thing I really don’t get. If the expose nerve is so necessary for for the future health of raids, why didn’t you change it for this raid before you released it? Lack of testing? Lack of understanding of your own mechanics? You would have avoided so much discussions.

But now the new raid is released, within two weeks you decide that the current expose mechanism is not good and you change it. This while there are other discussions about the raid mechanics, where debuffs basically dont work. This is probably the worst timing and way you could have chosen. There should have rung some alarm bells somewhere.

You put a lot of effort into communicating this nerf, on the same time there is no really update, there is no transparency to the current tw matchmaking issue, which is clearly not healthy for the game.

Stuff like this among other leads again to the thinking, that the planned nerf has nothing to do with the health of the game but with the health of your revenue, so you can push other toons more for the new raid.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Iggs
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nerf expose?!? That's ridiculous. DON'T. Nerf the health pool, sure. Give us better mats, yes. You should also nerf the ability to prevent DOT's from being acquired in the sith raid. You're effectively making Vader useless.
  • Options
    I think it’s fair to say that the majority of players aren’t impressed with these changes, and it’s going to cost a lot of money and respect.
  • Options
    I think it’s fair to say that the majority of players aren’t impressed with these changes, and it’s going to cost a lot of money and respect.

It won't cost a lot of money and respect if players keep flocking to this chicken kitten of a game. As long as the player-base keeps logging time, the devs couldn't care less about our (more than reasonable) complaints. But, if people were to suddenly back off the game, well...

So, how that Battlefront 2 doing???

• Options
    One thing I really don’t get. If the expose nerve is so necessary for for the future health of raids, why didn’t you change it before the release of the current raid? Lack of testing? Lack of understanding your own mechanics?You would have avoided so much discussions. But like this within 2 weeks you decide that the current mechanism is **** and you change it. If you would have nerved expose before the current raid nobody would have noticed. but you didn’t.

You had another chance to be transparent and open to your customers, but you blew it. I really don’t know why.

Most live update games get tweaks and nerfs after content release, it's fairly common. I'm guessing that the expose mechanism in particular made things "easier" than intended. The problem is when you design a raid that's supposed to be "hard" for the whale and kraken guilds, you make it absolutely impossible for the other 90% of your player base.

To make things worse the whale guilds don't even want to do this new raid because CG has downright REFUSED to remove challenge gear as a reward because apparently some kitten head out there has never found the daily challenge icon and is pleading for more challenge gear from raids.
  • Toxique
    32 posts Member
    Options
    This comes down to quality control, CG has never been good about testing content, eliminating bugs before it is presented to the community. Here are some steps to remedy this.

#1 Hire ACTUAL game players to thoroughly test all aspects of a Raid, many from this forum would be ideal

#2 Don’t respond to an oversight in your quality control by changing aspects of any character that takes 6 months and several keys toons to acquire

#3 Don’t be surprised when a toon that takes 6 mos+ to acquire, and whose team has on average 5 Zetas will do good damage in ANY setting

#4 if you want the community to get creative to solve this raid, don’t introduce mechanics that eliminate almost all team synergies.

#5 Dont push us toward failed factions like BH, Jawa’s or Jedi, you did this in the HAAT and it was a complete failure and didn’t offer enough bonuses to warrant the gear invested, and till this day, none of those factions are viable

#6 Your idea of what teams you think we should be using is different than ours, we shouldn’t be forced down a singular ideal raid comp because you want us to go that route and invest

#7 Gear crunch is real and providing the existing player base with 4K and up of challenge gear is ridiculous, change the drop rates to reflect gear that people actual need.

#8 Provide concrete answers to the best of your ability, talking in circles around specific questions does nothing to satisfy your dedicated player base who have taken the time to post here. TAKE some time to respond in meaningful manner

Tox
  • Options
    this chicken kitten of a game.
    What_Why wrote: »
    some kitten head out there
    Sorry, maybe showing my age, but I'm not familiar with the terms. Is kitten derogatory for people who watch those cutesy kitten videos?
    chicken kitten, I can't even hazard a guess?
    When people use cuss words here and they get censored by mods, they get replaced with kitten. So now posters just use it instead of cussing. Sort of a forum in-joke, if you will.
  • Options
    Sorry, maybe showing my age, but I'm not familiar with the terms. Is kitten derogatory for people who watch those cutesy kitten videos?

It's not derogatory at all. It's their placeholder (forum rules) to stand in for a "bad" word. You can't cuss on here, or even use "*'s" to cover what you say. So instead, the forum will replace whatever bad word or "*" with "kitten"
  • Options
    When people use cuss words here and they get censored by mods, they get replaced with kitten. So now posters just use it instead of cussing. Sort of a forum in-joke, if you will.

Yes! Actually explained it better than I did!
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_ogstrdN0J61r9v5uto2_500.gif
    1. Fix rewards in the raid, so we get rewards, and not pieces we have 1000's of already
    2. Play your own game, we play it, we know when someone hasn't.
    3. JTR is still new, she's already been passed on by Empire in Arena, now she's useless in raid, you don't get this?
    4. The raid is just a wall to hit our heads on.
    5. CG's been eroding trust for months now. Stop asking for it and show us a reason to give it.
    6. To that end - it seems clear you'll release a toon for $$$ soon that'll do great in the raid - at which point the total **** WILL be called on you.
    7. Did I mention the raid rewards really are terrible? Because, it's clear you don't get that is full on half the issue - you want us beta-testers to bang our head on your new content and then give gear we don't need. And this is clearly okay with you.
    Things like "Soon" with your cutsie tm.... "wait and see" "slightly" "barely" "small" well...
    tumblr_ojuk7qqp7m1vlz8k9o3_r1_500.gif
    Because we're getting a little sick of the trolling CG. When you say your "listening" but you never follow up on a single thing any one asks for and you continue on, proving time and again you don't play your own game.
    tumblr_ojqns7YuNg1vfg7u3o2_540.gif
    Maybe fix some of the character bugs WE are asking for. Give some of the QoL WE wanted. Prove you're listening - maybe next time one of these trash fires light up it won't be quite so tilted against you.

Second this! Wonder how long it gets to stay up since we all know how delicate CG and EA are when it comes to criticism.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    1. Fix rewards in the raid, so we get rewards, and not pieces we have 1000's of already
    3. JTR is still new, she's already been passed on by Empire in Arena, now she's useless in raid, you don't get this?
    5. CG's been eroding trust for months now. Stop asking for it and show us a reason to give it.
    6. To that end - it seems clear you'll release a toon for $$$ soon that'll do great in the raid - at which point the total **** WILL be called on you.
    7. Did I mention the raid rewards really are terrible? Because, it's clear you don't get that is full on half the issue - you want us beta-testers to bang our head on your new content and then give gear we don't need. And this is clearly okay with you.
    Things like "Soon" with your cutsie tm.... "wait and see" "slightly" "barely" "small" well...
    Because we're getting a little sick of the trolling CG. When you say your "listening" but you never follow up on a single thing any one asks for and you continue on, proving time and again you don't play your own game.

Devs.. You can’t ignore this.
    Do we really have to write pointless comments to get your attention?
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Maybe fix some of the character bugs WE are asking for. Give some of the QoL WE wanted. Prove you're listening - maybe next time one of these trash fires light up it won't be quite so tilted against
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Dan @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP I know you are all busy with the outage, however, this is great post.

This post needs to be put on the comments in the App Store too.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Options

Spread the truth!
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    Many insightful posts contained in this thread that maybe, just maaaaaaaybe will be listened to, rather than just heard.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Many insightful posts contained in this thread that maybe, just maaaaaaaybe will be listened to, rather than just heard.

I don't know about that, all the posts from CG seem pretty adamant that Expose is being nerfed regardless of what we think. But maybe they'll consider improving rewards, reducing the stacking tenacity, reducing the health pool more than "slightly", and other good points brought up here.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    So, let me start off by saying I know this is probably going to fall on deaf ears, but just for the sake of getting my thoughts out there I want to make it known to all the Devs who read this how deeply disappointing it is to see you modify the older raids simply because Jedi Training Rey, and Zeta Finn were two of the most useful raid teams out there. I know there are literally hundreds of posts that already share this sentiment, and I'm hopeful that perhaps with enough push there will be a chance to reconsider something that the community is greatly against.

Like many others out there I've also spent real world money on obtaining JTRey, and gearing up most of my Resistance toons. Before JTR was introduced to the game, my guild was unable to complete the HAAT, and currently we are mid-farm. Myself and another guild member went out of our way, spending a considerable amount of money to insure that we would get Rey specifically for her usefulness in the HAAT raid, and now we are all fearful we will have to go back to doing the 6 star version of the raid simply because Rey and Finn perform exactly as the game designers originally intended. Rey has only been out for three months, and in all that time, with all her development, it is now that she is deemed too powerful in raids? She was sold to us based on her ability to be useful in raids.

Don't believe me? I recently re-watched several of the Game Changers interviews with Daniel McLaren (AKA @I'm-Not-Really-A-Jedi.) In his interview with AhnoldT101 (12/12/17) he states at 2:12 he states how she was designed with three purposes in mind: PvP, Territory Battles/Wars, and "How can she function within the raids." Also in that interview he says at 16:27 "It's never our intent to frustrate players in negative way"..."We do hear them"..."when we've gotten it right we've kept our head down and said 'cool, I'm glad that's what you needed...and continued to move forward with that.'"

I think now is the time to say "cool, Jedi Training Rey is exactly what our players want. We got it right, let's move on without changing her raid viability." Daniel also expressed Rey's raid viability in his Warrior Presents interview (12/12/17,) when Warrior asked to be "sold" on her (11:56) Daniel made a point to express how "she has a great spot inside the raid system." But really, he wasn't just selling Warrior on Rey. He was selling the greater SWGOH community on how useful she would be in all aspects of the game, and many people, like myself, spent a great deal of money and time getting her simply because it would help put the guild over the top for completing the HAAT.

But through all the Game Changers video interviews there was one common thread that kept coming up, and that was the how committed the developers are to hearing the concerns and issues provided by the players, and how they never want to make changes to the game that adversely affects their relationship to the player base. This is a classic example of overreacting a problem that doesn't exist. Sure the Stormtrooper Han issue needed to be addressed. I don't think I've seen a single post out of the over 700 in this thread that argue that it didn't need to be fixed at least somewhat. Changing how exposes work, however, is a completely unrelated function of the game that is specifically working as it was intended to work. Asking players that have committed months into teams specifically designed to use the synergies that were designed into the game to simply find other creative solutions proves you aren't committed to hearing or understanding your player base. For many of us, even those who spend money, grinding a new team in this game takes an incredibly long time.

I guess I'm just frustrated that you're taking a functioning mechanic, working completely as intended, and deciding to tone it down to a level that could make our earned teams less useful. Even in this message board @CG_RyDiggs starts off using words like "minimally," and "slightly reduced" to describe the impact the changes with have on the expose mechanic. However, on page 20 the story slight changed to "Fixing expose issue across Raid Bosses does have an impact. We're confident there are many widely usable combinations and strategies to solve Rancor/AAT and Sith." So it seems like their might be more of an impact than originally stated. Either way you're attempting to "fix" an issue that doesn't exist. As @I'm-Not-Really-A-Jedi pointed out, Rey is supposed to be really really good in raids. That was a huge selling point.

I urge you, for the sake of the community, and the hundreds of players that have voiced their opinion on this board alone, and the thousands who are frustrated but haven't voice their opinion, please reconsider the changes to expose damage on the raid bosses. Prove that you're actually listening to your player base, and you really care about the health of the game. Prove that you really have the best interests of your players at heart, and that when your players commit to obtaining the premium content you provide that you'll actually stand behind that content instead of severely weakening it three months later. I've already gone on and on...We've all been going on and on. Please. Listen.
  • Options
    Hate updates coming, makes me not want to play this game anymore
  • Options

Hall of Fame post !!!
  • Options
    I would venture to ask, "If debuffs don't aid you, if buffs hurt you, if you can't remove TM, if you can't gain TM, if basics hurt you, if Fracture doesn't aid you, if Expose is too high, if Deathmark is too high, just what is the world do we have left?!", but I'd get no answer.
  • Options
    I would venture to ask, "If debuffs don't aid you, if buffs hurt you, if you can't remove TM, if you can't gain TM, if basics hurt you, if Fracture doesn't aid you, if Expose is too high, if Deathmark is too high, just what is the world do we have left?!", but I'd get no answer.

Pain and suffering
  • varkesh
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand the idea of this philosophy to some degree.

1) every piece of commincation both from cg and via game changers up to the raid was good and emphaised this philosophy, my only issues where the timing on when info was spaced out could have been better...it was like lets drop it all on 2-3 days in the month and then be silent.

Overall a good job there

2) while not personally playing the game when aat raid was first relased many vetern players who were have commented how the difficulty was in line with that raid as well.

Another good job a standard in previous content has been matched

3) these changes, testing before things go live in a vacum - so we had ds tb launch and had huge issues with balance, we had ds tb amd tw launch at fhe same time problems not identifed in testing due to the timing and now we have the sith raid with some bugs, but most not minor and some pretty mind boggling.

Sthan i can understand this inreeaction needing a change, as all previous comincation was clear that was not the intent, i can even understand the mechanic got missed but it is a bit odd that one of the few mechancis untouched was turn meter maniplulation for teams and st han has always been know for this and is the main reason you might need him.

Stealth combo going past enrage - again i can understand this, enrage has always ment to be the stopping point in raids, a sort of hang on and hope as lonv as you can moment.

Expose damage too high - this does not seem to be an expose damage too high mechanic as i have yet to hear anyone doing good damage with a classic zeta finn expose or via rouge one expose.
    I can only hope you have identifed the correct mechanic that is allowing jedi training rey teams(cause lets be honest thats the only high performing team making use of expose mechanics and to pretend it is a broader issue feels insulting) to out perform other teams so drastically in all phases.

But if i mayhow did a top meta team not get tested against other teams comapring the numbers against others before release, no one in the player base thought specfically this will be great in all phases, as a matter of fact with all the foresight logic indixates it should not do well in phase 3 at all, instead of being one of the top teams.

Overall the last few releases of content these point to the moddle the teams have for testing new content in a vacum is not robust enough, it is missing stuff that to our persepctive should be easy to spot.

4) "we will continue to actively curate the raids(and any other content) going forward."

Now i have to hope that is a typing error because you do actively curate stuff we have seen much devolped due to feedback, but this seems to imply that is was not an active process and if that is the case why in around 2 yeaes of game history did no one belive that was a good idea.

And my final point of this topic this statement "and any other content" i am sorry to report a big failing here, there is still not a terrioty battles feedback section and prior to the sith raid you could barley go 3-4 posts without seeing a complaint about the balance between light and dark side version particulay with critical charcthers for teams being demand in numbers only seen in ds tb, where as barley used toons hardley show up at all,
    the other big complaints where around pay walled toons being both in platoons and in high nunbers, as this prevented a lot of guild from performing at all in later rounds becuase the lack of being able to prevent the buffs by completing platoons ment you were facing super soliders capable of taking on almost anyone without batting an eyelid or breaking a sweat.

Now all this being said i do want to mention that although last year started off rocky, commincation improved greatly and while we may not agree with everything for the most part channels of commincation have remained a two way street and this has only helped to improve the game and the comminty.

I hope we can see more of good commincation and ideally less ambiguity or statements that are carefully worded to avoid saying what we have cleary seen, clarity is the biggest thing, the intent behind the new content was cleary rolled out, but the intent behind some of these changes after has been vieled and mysterious, which brings an tone of suspicion, which should be avoided.

Keep up the good work and please make your testing process more robust for the future and here is to another great year of this game.
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why nerf all those characters TM gain? why not remove treia's bonds of weekness while you figure it out? TM gain is working as written down so why nerf 18 characters instead of stoping the constant damage?

Why isn't sion's TM removal a top priority, or his pain text, Phase 2 affects every player, st han affects only those with zeta ventress and han. Overall you are punishing 18 characters for working as designed just to solve an abuse 99% of the players can't even pull off. And I don't get it, treia gains TM when hit, why not just make her imune to TM removal or make her get more TM on hit?

ty for reading
    Post edited by CerealKiller on
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    I did all my challenges manually today because it was more fun than this raid lol
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    On last comment on this thread:

Think about it: the whole forum is on fire... this should be a case of massive alert and CG would have to start counter measures, even if it is a weekend... what kind of company leaves while their factory is on fire???
    Just tells you how much they care about us as customers and our oh so highly listened to opinions...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options

https://goo.gl/images/CEL6qj
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
This discussion has been closed.