Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I don't know what to do, when a maxed zolo crits for 1500 damage on scion in heroic at times, and every other buff or debuff mechanic is taken away from us. It seems the devs want us to brute force it, or wait for lvl increase. The trouble with brute forcing is I refuse to spend the inordinate amount of time moving mods from one team to the next when it only amounts to tens of thousands of damage points difference. I don't even have the time to actually brute force my whole roster during the raid anyway even without moving mods because as much money as I do spend on the game, the rest of my life doesn't revolve around it.

Just the fact that you guys seem to think it's a good idea to make a raid that has a stated design goal to not be autoable at any point makes me worry about the future development and health of the game. It is a mobile game, after all.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Just an update from my 100 mil guild.

We're cancelling the t5 raid today. After 5 days we're halfway through p2.

I want to point out that this isn't necessarily because t5 is too overpowering. Its obvious looking at the numbers that only around 10 do their 5 battles a day. I haven't battled for 2 days and am still 7th.

Nobody in my guild wants to do this raid because of how boring it is. It's simply NOT FUN. We have nothing to work with and don't want to gear up 50 toons with resources we don't have just to find out which 5-6 of them actually work.

Yes there's a large group who don't like the changes you're making, but there's another group who don't like the changes you're NOT making. Make it interesting, make it fun. If the purpose of this game is to provide entertainment then no matter what spin or political speak you put on it this raid has failed miserably.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_TopHat I think you are missing a key consideration as far as players are concerned.

The time suck to keep up with everything is getting way out of control. Every single day, I have daily tasks to get my 600 for the guild. I have to be online at two different times for TWO different arena payouts. Every day we have a TW or TB going on that I have to be online multiple times for different stages. And then we now have THREE different raids that are all running concurrently and on any given day I could have to run 2 or more of those.

Now, I like and appreciate new content. However, the 30th time I run something like, say the AAT raid, I start looking for ways to auto and minimize the time involved because I need that time back to enjoy the next new content. I have a job that pays for crystals and a family and kids that need me. At some point it becomes too much.

So, you made the new Sith raid hard with mechanics that cant be autoed. Then you take away a team in the AAT and Rancor that makes old content people have beat to death harder. What that tells me, is that you really dont understand your customers. When the time suck gets so great that it ia impossible to compete anymore, players will quit.

Make the game fun, not work.
  • Options
    Why are you nerfing Finn resistance teams in att/rancor? I get why it's needed in sith raid. This change is going to kill my best team in aat. I'm in a relatively weak guild and this is going to ruin our chances to finally beat haat.....just nerf expose in sith raid pls.
  • Options
    I would venture to ask, "If debuffs don't aid you, if buffs hurt you, if you can't remove TM, if you can't gain TM, if basics hurt you, if Fracture doesn't aid you, if Expose is too high, if Deathmark is too high, just what is the world do we have left?!", but I'd get no answer.

Pain and suffering

Actually, Pain and Suffering are both nerfed also...

• Options
    We are a 36M-ish guild. We just got to phase four of tier 4 today (and I shot the killing shot for 3! Yay). Anyway, we have 35 who have played, most tried a few times and quit. I agree with above statement, it’s not fun.

We have no JTR, about 6 CLS. I’m the only one with a 5* BB8. Only about 5 7* Thrawn...We just can’t compete In This raid.

And really, it’s ok. So they made it for bigger guilds. They pay for the game too and should get things their shiny Metas can compete in. We are still trying to get Raid Han and can’t get close to finishing phase 2 of HAAT.

What concerns us is...by changing the way raid bosses work, will we ever get the chance to finish Han to 7* or get any GK shards? There hasn’t been any assurances these raids won’t change too.

We don’t have Wampas, one person has Hermit Yoda. But we keep playing because we love the game and we like the people we play it with. We want to feel like our small contribution matters too. We want chances to have the fun toons. Stop moving the goal posts. It makes it feel like the only ones who matter are the ones who pay and have top squads.
  • Options
    Rather than nerf expose in all raids and hurt Finn teams why not just add a buff to all three sith raid bosses. Call it something cool like "IRON FLESH." Iron flesh: reduces expose damage by 50%. Or some other percentage. This would be an accepted boss buff that could be applied to future raid bosses should expose become an issue. I just don't agree with nerfing teams that were not exactly overpowered to begin with. Especially on old raids that have already been trivialized by teams that don't even rely on expose.
  • Options
    Deathadder wrote: »
    Why are you nerfing Finn resistance teams in att/rancor? I get why it's needed in sith raid. This change is going to kill my best team in aat. I'm in a relatively weak guild and this is going to ruin our chances to finally beat haat.....just nerf expose in sith raid pls.

The expose damage isn’t a huge component for finn or RJT outside of the sith raid. It helps but it’s not much. Even if it’s nerfed 20% it won’t hurt you that much.

You’re overreacting to expose damage in haat and rancor. These raids have so much less hp and expose already does very little damage.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Daker wrote: »

What that tells me, is that you really dont understand your customers.

Unfortunately, they know their customers better than we know ourselves. EA has made an art out of this and boiled it down to a finely tuned algorithm. This is not new. And it’s worked time and time again.

Create problem > offer solution > make lots of money

Every single one of us, myself included, that has spent money has rewarded this behavior time and again.

While i can count myself as a exception, you are right. They do this because they know people will still pay hundreds or thounsands at the end of the month for new Characters, mods, cristals etecetera...
  • Options
    Why is the enrage going early on the Sith raid?
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This content is not, and never will be, fun with these mechanics. If this is the future direction of game content philosophy, I know people who are quitting. Participation on this raid within the guild is pitiful, because it's simply NOT FUN.

Bad mechanics across the board, from the bosses that are virtually immune to everything, to poorly implemented phase buffs like Unbreakable Will. Restarting an attack 40-50 times just to get the timing right on a poorly implemented mechanic is NOT FUN, its false difficulty. It's tedious, to the point that most dont even try.

There needs to be serious reworks on this raid - the program manager who put this together has zero concept on how to make something hard but fun. Lazy implementation of immunity to block existing strategies and poor mechanics don't make hard - that makes it frustrating.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Shanara68 wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Reminder, this thread is to discuss:

Capital Games content philosophy, knowing some members of our community may not be aware of SWGOH being a living breathing growing game.

I'm having a discussion here to clarify that point now, so it's clear going forward.

Why is it that every time the player base gets a leg up, it gets ripped from us? Everytime!! Any advantage that we come up with is always taken away. Why should we even try? We meet success just to have that taken from us is insulting. I love this game and star wars, but, jeez. Can you guys just give us a break and let us enjoy what we accomplish? What about the bugs that benefit the raid bosses? Didn't hear anything about that. All I heard was you guys are doing to good, can't have that. Unbelieveable.

I understand your frustration, but I hope you can understand the design intent of new content (like the Rancor and HAAT and DSTB). Fixing issues that 'trivialize' content has been and will be an ongoing action if we deem it in the best interest of the game overall. Sometimes... it's ok. Other times it's not. We have to consider the health of the game, and hope you can appreciate that consideration.

Thank you for your feedback!

No you have to consider the health of your profit share.
    You change whatever your top 1% guilds need changed if you listen to the player base like you claim TW wouldn't of changed but because your top guys kept getting ties it had to now people found a way to be able to get darth talya at the same time they can and make moves in arena ranks it might hurt the money machine
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Just an update from my 100 mil guild.

We're cancelling the t5 raid today. After 5 days we're halfway through p2.

I want to point out that this isn't necessarily because t5 is too overpowering. Its obvious looking at the numbers that only around 10 do their 5 battles a day. I haven't battled for 2 days and am still 7th.

Nobody in my guild wants to do this raid because of how boring it is. It's simply NOT FUN. We have nothing to work with and don't want to gear up 50 toons with resources we don't have just to find out which 5-6 of them actually work.

Yes there's a large group who don't like the changes you're making, but there's another group who don't like the changes you're NOT making. Make it interesting, make it fun. If the purpose of this game is to provide entertainment then no matter what spin or political speak you put on it this raid has failed miserably.

You hit the nail on the head. Add in the terrible gear as "reward" for the insane amount of time and it's easy to see why there's apathy for the raid.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    My Vader dots don't stick so his lead zeta is useless. The 30% increase in offense will never make up the difference.

And Vader's zeta unique doesn't heal him even if you can land some, so he's a bad unbreakable will choice.
  • Options
    Most players in my guild could care less if this raid disappeared. No joke. We are just worried about you guys ruining the things in this game we like. Please don't mess with expose. Figure out something else. Maybe just shelf this raid a few months and figure out why 80% of a very active guild doesn't even care to participate in it.
  • Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Most players in my guild could care less if this raid disappeared. No joke. We are just worried about you guys ruining the things in this game we like. Please don't mess with expose. Figure out something else. Maybe just shelf this raid a few months and figure out why 80% of a very active guild doesn't even care to participate in it.

You won't be saying that when 95% of arena are running treya lead
  • LordDorn
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I’m in a 40 GP guild that is so close to HAAT. We just need to conquer P2. So some concern for us. Being where our guild is at means a lot of management. With a 3rd raid and so many player time zones it’s hard to manage fair raids in guild. Setting alarms to start them on time. Making sure 0 damage is maintained for fair raid rewards, etc. it’s just tiring. If he first 2 raids become more difficult we will lose more great players like we have over time. How about fix raid management to keep guilds together. Presetting launch times and a 0 damage option would be great. Sorry if off topic but this would change gamers lives.

I have stopped paying tons like I used to earlier in the game. It’s been 6 months since buying more than bundles. Was really considering buying into Sion or Visas and am glad I waited. Was going to wait until the 12 day timer had 1-2 days left. I just can’t justify what to buy knowing it could be a waste when patience would feel more rewarding than spending and being rewarded by spending. I’m afraid to feel foolish and despise the game and myself. Spending is important and I wanna support then game and will if I can trust.

PS: sorry so long but have someone from your company; who hasn’t; read the thread from the beginning.
    Diggs does okay...flounders...recovers..flounders worse....was hard to read. Then at the end he leaves the thread on fire.
    From a business standpoint CG_RyDiggs really doesn’t understand how to engage. Too confident and couldn’t see the outrage that’s no 36 and probably more pages.
    Failing to see the lag of time it takes for players to read and write posts and then catchup up on what Diggs and other players wrote.
    It’s like he was responding to his inbox instead of managing the thread as a whole itself. Appreciate the attempt to try and be more open but writing text in business like this is an art form. Shouldn’t learn on the job with this many clientele.

Here’s to hoping it’ll work out. Put out the fire. Thanks.
  • Options

You won't be saying that when 95% of arena are running treya lead[/quote]

Not likely to happen any time soon.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

Worst case she's like Kenobi and is too valuable to leave out of every team.

More than likely we're going to get new cash bait toons to beat the raid so there's a good chance she's not as good as she looks by the time 95% of the players can get access to her.
  • Options
    No mention of gameplay being fun.... *sigh*
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options

That is not going to happen anytime soon...

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don’t understand how CG expects us to be excited about new characters if we can’t use them the way they are designed. Why should I invest money in Sion or Visas? I’m better off waiting for them to be farmed as f2p.

I was excited to get JTR the next time she comes around but now she’s pretty much useless to me as her primary use was to be a damage dealer in raid.

Ultimately, what I'm the most worried about is the effect of reducing the effectiveness of exposes on the popular zFinn led Resistance teams and the consequences on the Haat raid for guilds that barely beat it.
    Post edited by Globuhl on
  • Options
    Everyone still going bananas on this post days later? Really at this point and by the fast that ANY post about nerf this or change that or 6 and 7 dot mods and level 90 coming get swept under the rug and deleted faster then a Trump scandal clearly make them more then a rumor at this point. They (developers) and now "game changers" releasing "it's gonna be ok videoes just proves it. So delete this post because its here now too so we can clean up forums and get back to the grind please....everything is gonna be ok ;)
  • Options
    I do share your philosophy. Actually, i do have JTR and I have 80 millions damage in first position of my guild. Second have 35 millions. I think that exposed and deathmark damage take a too much bigger place in the sith raid. It doesn't matter how much damage your toon actually do, the only thing that matter is the presence of deathmark or expose and the number of attack you can do with them on sith raid boss. Can do 6-8 millions damage with JTR, but actually attack damage are less than 2 millions and and reach 8 millions with expose. Other team composition are pretty much useless, they are doing less than 1.5 millions anyway.

One think I was expected to come with the new raid is a new reward like new gear, new zetalike mat or new level or even new mod. By doing this you can code the difficulty with toon having this new thing.
  • Options
    @Jefferx and @Sneekypete so you are saying that you are ok with CG releasing a raid that is functionally impossible for existing toons at at existing gear and mod levels? And you are ok with the fact that no one is beating any tier using ONLY ”recommended” levels of toons? And you are ok with the fact that CG obviously intends to raise the level cap and/or mod levels, yet says nothing about this? I don’t mean to pick on your posts specifically, but CG is plainly manipulating its players. Silence can be just as deceiving as an outright misrepresentation.
  • Options
    People, one thing everyone needs to realize, CG DID NOT NERF REY, DID NOT NERF EXPOSE, DID NOT NERF ANY CHARACTERS. What they did was make the RAID bosses slightly weaker and change the dynamic of how RJT, Expose, StHan, etc. used their SPECIALS AGAINST TRAYA. No one got nerfed, they changed how it affected the raid bosses. Then they made the Sith Bosses weaker to balance it. There would be almost no effect on HAAT. CHILL
  • Options
    I don't like the idea of just taking out abilities because the testers missed something like stHan or JT Rey but is this because there's new characters that will mess up the raid like Trawn did coming soon. No Revan in February they said, it's March now. Let's say they make us struggle with the raid for about two months then Revan or someone of this magnitude. Then we can put these sith down a lot easier.The guild I'm in have 100m GP and I don't think we are even going to bother trying till we get somebody who's good but more importantly a character we can get to 7*. So in closing we need a Legendary Event or an Epic Hero's Journey...............Please
  • Options
    It's rather sad when the moderation team and Community Management team have to make ghost accounts to counter the fall out.
    I fight the good fight
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    Options
    That requires 7* Traya to get lol
This discussion has been closed.