Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    People, one thing everyone needs to realize, CG DID NOT NERF REY, DID NOT NERF EXPOSE, DID NOT NERF ANY CHARACTERS. What they did was make the RAID bosses slightly weaker and change the dynamic of how RJT, Expose, StHan, etc. used their SPECIALS AGAINST TRAYA. No one got nerfed, they changed how it affected the raid bosses. Then they made the Sith Bosses weaker to balance it. There would be almost no effect on HAAT. CHILL
    They did nothing so far but, with reasons, I can understand why people are weary of CG changing some habilities without second thought. Their track record is stained by their recurrent mistakes so confidence is low that they can do good. Those who should shill right now are people at CG. They should really think twice about what they are going to do and their consequences.
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Drago5760 wrote: »
    @Jefferx and @Sneekypete so you are saying that you are ok with CG releasing a raid that is functionally impossible for existing toons at at existing gear and mod levels? And you are ok with the fact that no one is beating any tier using ONLY ”recommended” levels of toons? And you are ok with the fact that CG obviously intends to raise the level cap and/or mod levels, yet says nothing about this? I don’t mean to pick on your posts specifically, but CG is plainly manipulating its players. Silence can be just as deceiving as an outright misrepresentation.

You understand that if 100% of guild can do tier 6 in 2 days, the raid would be a big miss and everyone while complained. Coding such raid take a year. Of course with such investment, the raid should be hard and cannot be completed easily within the first week it comes out. If the raid last longer, longer pleasure i will have to build my toon in order to help my guild completing them. It would be pointless if everyone could beat any tier within.

CG management of a raid like this is based on the % of guild doing tier 1 and 2 and 3.... and how many days they take to complete each tier.

They probably set an objective for each tier when it comes out.

Heroic :less than 1%
    Tier 6: 10 %
    Tier 5 : 25%
    1 to 4 newer guild and under level 85.

Usually they will expect that 20-30% of guild will do heroic in 1 year.

Probably that STH and JTR ( when she will return), will broke these expectations. Maybe you think that it should be cool for you but for high cash spender, it's not cool having the same result than a way lower guild level power after a short time...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    @Jefferx and @Sneekypete so you are saying that you are ok with CG releasing a raid that is functionally impossible for existing toons at at existing gear and mod levels? And you are ok with the fact that no one is beating any tier using ONLY ”recommended” levels of toons? And you are ok with the fact that CG obviously intends to raise the level cap and/or mod levels, yet says nothing about this? I don’t mean to pick on your posts specifically, but CG is plainly manipulating its players. Silence can be just as deceiving as an outright misrepresentation.

You understand that if 100% of guild can do tier 6 in 2 days, the raid would be a big miss and everyone while complained. Coding such raid take a year. Of course with such investment, the raid should be hard and cannot be completed easily within the first week it comes out. If the raid last longer, longer pleasure i will have to build my toon in order to help my guild completing them. It would be pointless if everyone could beat any tier within.

CG management of a raid like this is based on the % of guild doing tier 1 and 2 and 3.... and how many days they take to complete each tier.

Probably that STH and JTR ( when she will return), will broke these expectations. Maybe you think that it should be cool for you but for high cash spender, it's not cool having the same result than a way lower guild level power after a short time...

Coding such raid takes a year? You must be never tried mordern coding systems at all... Best part is animation. Graphics can be done in several days (maximum) of work. Mechanics is absolutely lazy work: none of abilites are working, bosses with full immunity from almost every effect and skill in game (they somehow managed to oversee the expose, but they soon will fix it, no worries).
    No bashing, CG guys, but this is really not very fun at all :/ may be because it is not for fun, but for making money?
  • Options

If you've played enough games and been around long enough this is just the way online games go, progress for sale of progress always wins I've been fighting it since Ultima online back in late 90's and just tired of it at this point through every new game I play. Just stick to meta and go that route and change with the game. No different than playing a console shooter or any other mmorpg metas come and go the only thing that sucks is price tag on this game versus others. At this point just farm who you like to play with either on side bar or main and do meta grind on the other. Like jeffex said higher tiers weren't meant for every one right off the bat, I used to fight it now I just have fun building what I want and eventually I'll bear heroic sith just like the others, plus no-one bear the previous 2 raids this fast it was weeks of grinding 2% teams until stringer characters came out so why make this one any different. Only thing we can bash them for is not testing a toons mechanics that has been around forever and not seeing a potential bug or maybe they did and didn't have time to correct it cuz they have time lines for future things to come and needed to launch buggy. Not saying it's an excuse or a pass but id feel less about it beating that quick personally so I'm good with those changes I'm not however good with expose I feel they did that because they have no other viable teams and they want to make sure we have to grind other squads instead of going after one toon.
  • Geshtianna
    241 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Those numbers make no sense at all. There is no indication that end-game has been moved. Power has not increased, we are still at G12, zetas and 5-dot mods. There is no "one year" to gear up because this is already the highest that the characters can reasonably go (G12, zetas and decent mods).

If the raid is designed to be cleared in a year, then new gear must come out with the raid so that it takes that long to collect the required gear. For this raid we have no new gear and only 2 new characters, and in the current iteration, the only effective teams are the ones that bypass a fundamental part of raid design, so it's not even about having a wide roster of strong characters, but having 6 specific characters.
  • Options

Fixing expose issue across Raid Bosses does have an impact. We're confident there are many widely usable combinations and strategies to solve Rancor/AAT and Sith.

We understand this will require new strategies.

We're excited to watch you all engage with the content!

RT[/quote]

New strategies for content we could beat previously, thank you @CG_RyDiggs , I’ve lost all respect for the team with this cheap move.
  • Options
    1. Expose is not being removed only slightly reduced impact for Rancor and HAAT
    2. Both Raids have many options for managing.

Let's not get too sensational or hyperbolic.

RT[/quote]

Whats your definition of slightly? Might be from 40K damage to 4k?

I guess the most effective way to complete newly released content is to pay more crystals, not by improving strategy. Cause we are losing advantage when you nerf toons.

We will not beg you not to nerf... we will just stop paying. Do as you want EA/CG and may the fools be with you!
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Options

I get that they want to make it more of a community raid, then the soloing of Rancor and that a couple can clear and help others with the HAAT, but if you are a high GP 2M and your guild stretches out to lower players, 80K, making a GP total of around 60-70M. Should the Higher players ditch their guilds to find higher ones, just to complete this raid, leaving the former teammates behind. Doesn't seem like that is health for guilds, and creating a class system?? Is that what the developers what to happen???
  • Options
    Look, Expose in and of itself is not the problem. The problem is that they stunted every other mechanic option leaving only Expose and % health damage as viable paths to take. JTR and Expose/Deathmark is not the disease, it's the symptoms of the underlying ungodly Tenacity gain, and the elimination of basic team comp strategies that have existed since the game began.

I get they want it hard, I do too.

I don't want a brick wall I have to hit 5 times a day for a week for meager rewards. Allow us something to work with for Pete's sake.
  • ArdenPulsar
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    They need to lower tenacity on the bosses, while raising the bosses health. This way people can feel like the toons are functioning as they should be and people can feel like they're doing damage and making a difference in the Raid. This will still make the raid challenging as it will still have the new mechanics, but take just as long due to the increased health.

Under the current system nothing works. It's made us feel as if our entire roster is worthless and there's no point in playing as every toon kit functions the same in the Raid.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs I made an entire thread on this and it just got moved to feedback, but another huge factor that's *STIFLING* other teams in new raid is the massive bottleneck on ability mats, specifically omegas.

You guys have clearly listened to player feedback on wanting some of the new characters to not have crazy gear requirements and need a ton of ability mats, but you did just introduce 2 new characters that both have high yield zetas and 4-5 abilities, one of whom (Visas) REALLY needs maxed abilities to function in the raid for which she was specifically designed.

The current omega mat income just barely outpaces zeta flow for competitive players.

If nothing is on the table to be done to increase the omega:zeta income ratio (imo 2-2.5 max) then please consider bringing back the ability mats bundle with either 1. A new character, and/or 2. New content that may require previously underutilized characters/factions.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :smile:
  • Options
    All the things eeeeeaaaaa could do. If they had a little(more) money.

Bless the De vs who slogged on this new raid for more than a year, or according to Ahnald had the idea and got permission from the Star Wars creator final word within 6 months, then took another 6 months to release it, also according to Ahnald, the raid just wasn’t ready to release(but they set themselves unrealistic targets), not unrealistic for the community, just them. No proper play testing and expose gets hammered with the nerf hammer? What’s the deal, I’m glad I couldn’t even afford to spen spen spend to get a JTR team together, I feel sorry for those who could and did.

While I’m at it, please reduce the silly stacking tenacity on raid bosses in Sith Raid.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I think that exposed and deathmark damage take a too much bigger place in the sith raid. It doesn't matter how much damage your toon actually do, the only thing that matter is the presence of deathmark or expose and the number of attack you can do with them on sith raid boss. Can do 6-8 millions damage with JTR, but actually attack damage are less than 2 millions and and reach 8 millions with expose. Other team composition are pretty much useless, they are doing less than 1.5 millions anyway.

This is a very good point that's worth re-iterating. No raid should have One Team To Rule Them All. Resistance is really, really good in HAAT p2 and p4, but there are quite a few teams that can get comparable damage with more investment and even require less luck. Moreover, they're really good in those two phases, but really bad in p1 and p3, so different people within a guild can specialize in different areas of the raid, allowing for a better distribution of prizes.

But the Sith Triumvirate Raid prize tiers break down into People With Jedi Rey and Everyone Else. Those with Rey are able to get tens of millions of damage while those without only get millions. Any time you have that vast of a disparity in damage you're going to see a lot of frustration and resentment build up from those in the lower tier, and that's never healthy for a game.

They said they're going to retool the amount of health on the bosses to compensate for the way expose will change. Depending on how that retool shakes out, I think I like the raid more--but that's just me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    Options
    @NicWester
    Thanks ! My JTR team do 20 millions in haat in auto and the same team are use in sith raid. I would rather love to have multiple well build team doing similar damage closer to JTR. Wampa, the nee palp and vader trooper, apart of deathtrooper they are not quite good.

I really enjoy the sith raid, we are still in phase 4 of the tier 6 . It's actually quite long for a 105 million GP guild
  • Options
    The raid is definitely broken. If you look at the description Tier 5 suggests level 80, 2-3 dot mod, gear 10. My guild is full of those and better and it took us 3 days to burn through P1 and the 100Mil HP plus protection. If it’s going to be hard, fine, but this is completely thrown guilds into disarray. People trying to find heroic, people quitting cause too much content, people quitting cause they are just frustrated with the new raid and feel like it’s trying to force them to spend.

I hope when the adjustments come out that they at least tune the lower tiers to match the supposed requirements to at least have fun with it
  • Options
    DLT19 wrote: »
    Test your stuff - once again.

I think there's a lot of truth in that. "Test your stuff", or test it more.

These issues could and should have been picked up prior to release. A shame they weren't, but not the end of the world.

• AxisBold
    29 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Globuhl wrote: »

Ultimately, what I'm the most worried about is the effect of reducing the effectiveness of exposes on the popular zFinn led Resistance teams and the consequences on the Haat raid for guilds that barely beat it.

^this exactly

I will be irate beyond words if my guild that is new to haat and dependent upon a few of us with zfinn leads to carry us through p2 are forced back into normal Haat. I spent months and a fair amount of cash hurrying to build that team for the soul purpose of getting my guild through haat. And now the tool I invested in May not work any longer because of a complete debacle of a completely different raid release? It's quite a kick in the teeth.
  • Options
    Everyone keeps saying that they are forcing you to buy the new characters... did you miss sion on that list of nerf-herders!!!
  • Options
    5/6 days worth of doing a sith raid for the worst rewards I have ever come across,what is actually wrong with giving better rewards and CRYSTALS, this would keep the player going and keeping up with the big hitters,it's a team effort the sith raid SURELY equal rewards like the TW is the way forward BOSS RAID THOUGH pity bout the rewards
  • AntonioCiccotti
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs, I would like to take advantage of this thread and your post to ask not about sith raid, but about the current meta team. I agree with this phrase "With each new Raid, our goals are to bring a new level of challenge to the game and to provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play", but what about the arena?
    Is there any chance that Rex's tenacity up can be revised? Can you think(to use your term) to review the impact that this leader ability has on the game?
    You introduced a new character into the game, hard to unlock immediately, like jedi training Rey, and any Rex leader is enough to win against her; rework of Palpatine and Vader, and yet Rex with his tenacity up is enough to beat this team.
    I do not understand the sense of introducing new characters, promoted to 7* G12 only by paying, and with two or three zeta abilities available, if a simple omegad leader is enough to beat them.
    I think it's a matter of respect for those who spent money in this game (fortunately in my case only a small amount)
  • AntonioCiccotti
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs, I would like to take advantage of this thread to ask not about the raid sith or the expose, but about the arena teams.
    I agree with this sentence "With each new Raid, our goals are to bring a new level of challenge to the game and to provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play", and about the gameplay in the arena?
    Is there a chance that Rex's tenacity up can be revised?
    You have introduced a new character, very difficult to unlock immediately, like jedi training Rey, and any Rex leader can win against her
    Rework of Palpatine and Vader, and yet Rex with his tenacity up is enough to win.
    I do not understand the sense of introducing new characters, promoted to 7 * G12 only by paying, and with two or three zeta abilities available, if just a simple OMEGAD leader is enough to beat them.
    I think it's a matter of respect for those who spent money in this game (a small amount fortunately in my case)
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    People, one thing everyone needs to realize, CG DID NOT NERF REY, DID NOT NERF EXPOSE, DID NOT NERF ANY CHARACTERS. What they did was make the RAID bosses slightly weaker and change the dynamic of how RJT, Expose, StHan, etc. used their SPECIALS AGAINST TRAYA. No one got nerfed, they changed how it affected the raid bosses. Then they made the Sith Bosses weaker to balance it. There would be almost no effect on HAAT. CHILL

I think you need to read Diggs' posts again, mate.

They're reducing the percentage of health damage done by expose to all RAID BOSSES. If this were something that would be unique to the Sith Raid many of us wouldn't have such a huge problem with the nerf--nevermind that they're planning to lower the Sith Raid's healthpool, meaning expose teams are getting a double nerf--because the problem largely stems from this effecting old strategies and mechanics in the older raids and that the devs simple don't care about the numerous guilds they're hurting (while claiming to care about the millions of people who still "need" challenge gear; I'm pretty baffled).

The bosses aren't getting weaker, they're just getting less health.
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Coding such raid takes a year? You must be never tried mordern coding systems at all... Best part is animation. Graphics can be done in several days (maximum) of work. Mechanics is absolutely lazy work: none of abilites are working, bosses with full immunity from almost every effect and skill in game (they somehow managed to oversee the expose, but they soon will fix it, no worries).

No bashing, CG guys, but this is really not very fun at all :/ may be because it is not for fun, but for making money?

I'm no expert, but what you've said has made me even more disappointed with this raid than I was before. When I first heard about it I was pretty excited to dig my teeth in and experiment, but it's really just "nothing works," "the sith wall," and "if you don't do what we want we'll railroad you" the raid (and anyone who has ever played pen and paper knows it's a bad idea to railroad your players). It isn't creative, or even challenging; just tedious. There's so many things they could have done better, that would have been ten times more engaging and challenging, especially if what you've said here is true (as I said I'm no expert).

It's like they had no idea how to make it challenging without increasing the level cap and gear level, and went with the worst possible route.

They could have experimented with raid-wide debuffs and double-sided buffs--it's Malachor, for crying out loud! Play with the strength of the dark side of the force there!--depending on the alignment of your character(s). Brainstorming, a bit: maybe your jedi and/or light side characters get something similar to that Demoralized debuff in the Assault Battles, lower health, potency, and damage (unless there's a "hero" character present which inspires them?); maybe your sith and/or dark side characters get stronger--more potency, health, damage--but after x number of turns you lose control of them, something that operates a lot like berserk or confusion in other games.

For the bosses themselves, they could have made them each immune to TMR itself--rather than effectively to everything--then added certain immunites to certain bosses (only blanket immunity when they're all standing together in P4), in addition to certain "cheesy" or "okay, so I've really got to think about this" mechanics with each phase. Nihilus is probably fine the way he is--drop the tenacity up for out-right immunities to certain things, and lower his health-pool slightly--but Sion could probably amp up the Lord of Pain aspect (maybe it's just that my guild is doing low tiers because we're too impatient to spend weeks on this, but P2 is our favorite because it means big numbers and Sion just doesn't hurt enough to justify using soothe ever; seems bugged anyway), and completely change how Traya works completely (maybe some kind of health steal, or intensifying once-per-her-turn damage based off how much the team works together, rather than what's going on now; when you have to nerf a list of characters as long as your arm to make it work, it's time to go back to the drawing board). Haven't seen P4 in all its glory yet; by the time I popped in both Nihilus and Sion were dead and there the adds died and stayed dead); this would be the time for blanket immunity, ridiculous speed buffs, maximum cheese etc.

I mean, this is half-kittened brainstorming done while I was typing this, on the fly. If I could come up with this--with my limited knowledge of the bosses in question and KOTOR in general--on the fly, then why couldn't CG? Why couldn't they come up with somthing that would be engaging and interesting and provide a new experience and/or challenge to take on with each phase. Is "lol lots of health and nothing works" really the only mechanic they could come up with to make this difficult? And who cares about difficult if it's not fun?

Otherwise it's really just a matter of rekeying the tier difficulty and rewards (no more un-needed challenge gear, for one)--or their descriptions--so that they match what guilds/players are capable of doing it. Maybe make T4 for HPIT guilds, T5 for guilds in the progress of working up to HAAT, T6 for HAAT guilds with equivalent/better rewards. (I love how the Lord's name is censored).

It's broken, but they won't fix it.

A lot of this could have been caught and fixed in testing, and they couldn't even get that right.
  • Options
    What’s craziest to me is they literally didn’t test the login character for the month the raid dropped. Not going to lie, I was pretty confused to hear STHan was the longin, until we realized he was pretty amazing in the raid. Unfortunately it went from “Very sneaky CG, well played!” to “Wait, what? Not only was this purely coincidental, you didn’t even test your own raid?”

I mean this isn’t obscure characters like Nute and 2 junk Jawa, it’s literally the login character who has probably the most well known ‘on damage’ passive in the game.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs, I would like to take advantage of this thread to ask not about the raid sith or the expose, but about the arena teams.
    I agree with this sentence "With each new Raid, our goals are to bring a new level of challenge to the game and to provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play", and about the gameplay in the arena?
    Is there a chance that Rex's tenacity up can be revised?
    You have introduced a new character, very difficult to unlock immediately, like jedi training Rey, and any Rex leader can win against her
    Rework of Palpatine and Vader, and yet Rex with his tenacity up is enough to win.
    I do not understand the sense of introducing new characters, promoted to 7 * G12 only by paying, and with two or three zeta abilities available, if just a simple OMEGAD leader is enough to beat them.
    I think it's a matter of respect for those who spent money in this game (a small amount fortunately in my case)

Is rex leader ability even an omega? It's tier 7 so there could be a zeta in the future and a unique would be awesome.

Rex, wampa, DN, thrawn and GK is a nice team.

• Options
    Her Expose is being Nerfed. So she will be alright but not as amazing in Raids.

Don’t worry you can still use other toons to do very low damage

true story.
  • Options
    I remember when this thread was just a youngster at 2 pages. And now look at it! All grown up at 35 pages.

...(choked up) they grow up so fast
  • Options
    TJ0630402 wrote: »
    I have 3.3mill GP and of JtR is seriously needed for this raid then I’m just going to call it quits. I never got JtR and don’t want to either and if forced to for this new raid I’m out. Anyone else feeling the same way?

i never really cared for JTR, but it would seem to even make a dent in this raid she is needed, which is depressing.
  • Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    That would be like 4 zetas wastes. Iam so ****!

my wife just zeta'd Finn, all of her hard work the last 3 months is just blown. she could have been working other teams and avoided this garbage.

• Options
    TJ0630402 wrote: »
    Listened to a YouTuber and basically with the nerfs still will make JtR the only viable squad for heroic. Sure other squads can for much less dmg but heroic will never get beaten unless our guild has a lot of JtR sqauds. Personally that doesn’t sit to well with me bc I don’t want JtR and don’t want to feel forced to get her.

Team Instinct needed 46 JTR teams (at least what i heard) to clear P1/P2, so 23 per phase. Now because they did it they are stifling creativity, yet the devs give the rest of us no option!
This discussion has been closed.