Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do we know when the hot fix is going into place, or if it already has gone into place? If it has, can anyone tell me if a HAAT started on Thursday night would have been effected by the hot fix?

Not been patched yet

Also, Rydiggs will be back today in Office and reviewing weekend comments as stated Thursday, to point out that it was not a long weekend - he was not in office Friday just to clarify some posters comments.

Also, as we have a lot of comments - personal insults or comments are not civil or productive , so keeping to the topics and that others have opinions different from your own is okay.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I think the drop in health will encourage people to at least try again, but at best it might be a short term spike of interest when everything else remains the same.

What else really needs to be done atleast from a perception pov is either change the lower tier raids to reflect the recommended toons or just get rid of it so people can't see the recommendations.

I think people are weary. We all remember the jump from NAAT to HAAT and how nothing worked and we had to relearn what worked in HAAT. Because of this nobody (at least in my guild) finds theory crafting worthwhile on lower tiers. Most are content to hang back, wait for other people to figure it out then stsrt working on the toons from there.

But mainly just change the recommendations. Nothing fans the flames more than people feeling they're being misled.

Who the fudge cares about the freaking recommendations? That's just something you blame when things go south. Sure, they don't make sence, but they never made sence. But seriously, that's like the last thing they need to worry about.

I'm not even going to go into it other than say perception is reality. I know that doesn't fit with your style of making sweeping generalisation but hey, there's plenty of posts in this thread alone of people frustrated with the recommendations.

You can dismiss them all you want, but an angry and frustrated player is still angry and frustrated even if you don't approve of their reasoning.

By all means, continue to be angry and frustrated for all the wrong reasons, that's your choice. Just keep in mind that just because you're angry and frustrated, it doesn't automatically mean that you're right.
    i'm sure that there are people that really think the recommendations are a real issue and a big part of their frustration with the raid. Because they think that, it's automatically true right? perception is reality and all that. I get that, to a certain extent it's even true. However, would they have liked the raid if the recommendations were correct? will they like the raid more once the recommendations are fixed? I'm just going to make a sweeping generalisation and say no, ofcourse not. Feel free to disagree, but remember you're the one saying that reducing the health of the raid won't make it more fun because "nothing changes".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Do we know when the hot fix is going into place, or if it already has gone into place? If it has, can anyone tell me if a HAAT started on Thursday night would have been effected by the hot fix?

Not been patched yet

Also, Rydiggs will be back today in Office and reviewing weekend comments as stated Thursday, to point out that it was not a long weekend - he was not in office Friday just to clarify some posters comments.

Also, as we have a lot of comments - personal insults or comments are not civil or productive , so keeping to the topics and that others have opinions different from your own is okay.

Thanks for the response; do we have an ETA on that hot fix yet? Hopefully it is being delayed due to being reconsidered?
  • Options
    Hey Leef,

If they reduce the health pool of the raid, how will that increase the damage done by my squad and make me want to participate more? Taking all the Expose nerfs and STH and RJT out of the equation, with just a reduction in the health pool, how will that make my Rebels squad be more fun to play? Phoenix? Empire? How are my squads that are doing little to no damage going to be more fun if they still only do little to no damage?

The health pool is not the issue for me. Having squads survive to enrage but only do 100K in total damage is. That's not fun, and by removing the Expose factor it makes it even less so. At least to me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

JTR isn't the problem, Expose isn't the problem, percentages, health, damage- none of that is the problem. They SEEM to be the problem because the way the raid is designed. They SEEM out of proportion because the raid nullifies 95% of toon negative mechanics. You can't honestly believe Nihilis is balanced, and a mere health tweak will fix it. Sure, you may SEEM to get more damage out of non JTR teams, but it's still flinging toons against the wall. If no abilities affect it, due to ridiculous Tenacity stacking, there is no theory crafting, there is no point if synergy between toons, there is no point at all.

Edit: Also, to the guy who stated CG wants roster diversity... running more teams jist for the sake of more teams isn't diversity. Allowing more effective teams based in skills that actually may work is.

There's theory crafting, there's a point in having synergy. You're just too caught up to recognize it. Partly because JTR blew evertying out of the water, wich made it seem like any other team was pretty much useless in comparrison. JTR did so because of two things. 1) exposes dealt a rediculous amount of dmg. 2) her exposes were unresistable. Remove one of the 2 and it's just an above average team.

You're almost there. JTR wasn't better than other teams because of expose, other teams were worse because the mechanics stifled their use. Making everybody worse is never an option.

I don't even have JTR and I can see this.

What are you even saying?
    I just listed the two reasons responsible for JTR being better than every other team, that's just fact. I'm not almost there, those are the two reasons.
    It's also the reason why Death trooper is good. Unresistable debuff that does health based damage.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    make the minions actually do something unique or useful.
    No offense, but the fact you think the minions are useless shows you fundamentally misunderstand the raid mechanics.

The obvious thing they do is give the event buff, which can be used to give a taunt to a character who doesn't normally have one, but is more importantly used to soak the instant-kill in p1. If you're just ignoring this, then it's no wonder you're having trouble with the raid.

The second, but less obvious, useful function of the adds in this fight are to give you something to attack that won't give Nihilus protection. If one of your characters has Defense Down and no special ability available, you attack one of the adds.

This raid isn't about brute force or about finding the right mechanic to take advantage of, this raid is about timing and situational awareness.
    In the end, instead of Expose teams doing 4 mil and everyone else does 1 mil, changing it all so it does 3 and 2 doesn't fix anything

This, too, looks at the changes as if they existed in a vacuum. You're only taking one half of the change into account. Don't look at raw damage numbers, look at percentage of damage done. Dropping expose teams to 3 million hurts one specific team, but raising the health pool so that 1m damage goes from representing 1% of the damage done to 2% of the damage done effectively doubles the strength of every other team.

(That said, we don't know how much the health will be adjusted by, I'm saying 50% because it means I don't have to do hard math when I make my posts)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161408/content-update-hf-upcoming#latest

You could have just said they haven't dropped it yet, but thanks for the link!

Well, teach a man to fish ...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I would completely fine with reducing Expose/% health damage, it has never been my main gripe. IF they also reduced the stacking Tenacity as well, which is my main gripe. Let us actually use our debuffing toons.
    Debuff characters are strong in HAAT and Rancor. Why should they also be strong here?

Let me use my pure damage-based squads, like droids or jedi.
    I'm not even going to go into it other than say perception is reality. I know that doesn't fit with your style of making sweeping generalisation but hey, there's plenty of posts in this thread alone of people frustrated with the recommendations.

You can dismiss them all you want, but an angry and frustrated player is still angry and frustrated even if you don't approve of their reasoning.

Perception isn't reality. Perception is subjective. Data is reality. Facts are reality.

People are upset because they don't understand why a thing is the way it is. They're mad because they can't get double duty out of their HAAT teams, they're mad because they worked on debuff teams and now have a place where debuffs work and instead of looking for non-debuff solutions their answer is "Make my debuffs work."

The customer isn't always right. In actual point of fact, they're almost always wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Leef,

If they reduce the health pool of the raid, how will that increase the damage done by my squad and make me want to participate more? Taking all the Expose nerfs and STH and RJT out of the equation, with just a reduction in the health pool, how will that make my Rebels squad be more fun to play? Phoenix? Empire? How are my squads that are doing little to no damage going to be more fun if they still only do little to no damage?

The health pool is not the issue for me. Having squads survive to enrage but only do 100K in total damage is. That's not fun, and by removing the Expose factor it makes it even less so. At least to me.

Because percentages of damage matter more than raw damage numbers. If 100k accounts for 5% damage it's a great score, if it accounts for 0.001% damage it's a horrible score.
  • Options

JTR isn't the problem, Expose isn't the problem, percentages, health, damage- none of that is the problem. They SEEM to be the problem because the way the raid is designed. They SEEM out of proportion because the raid nullifies 95% of toon negative mechanics. You can't honestly believe Nihilis is balanced, and a mere health tweak will fix it. Sure, you may SEEM to get more damage out of non JTR teams, but it's still flinging toons against the wall. If no abilities affect it, due to ridiculous Tenacity stacking, there is no theory crafting, there is no point if synergy between toons, there is no point at all.

Edit: Also, to the guy who stated CG wants roster diversity... running more teams jist for the sake of more teams isn't diversity. Allowing more effective teams based in skills that actually may work is.

There's theory crafting, there's a point in having synergy. You're just too caught up to recognize it. Partly because JTR blew evertying out of the water, wich made it seem like any other team was pretty much useless in comparrison. JTR did so because of two things. 1) exposes dealt a rediculous amount of dmg. 2) her exposes were unresistable. Remove one of the 2 and it's just an above average team.

You're almost there. JTR wasn't better than other teams because of expose, other teams were worse because the mechanics stifled their use. Making everybody worse is never an option.

I just listed the two reasons responsible for JTR being better than every other team, that's just fact. I'm not almost there, those are the two reasons.
    It's also the reason why Death trooper is good. Unresistable debuff that does health based damage.

Maybe if I reworded it... Those mechanics are good because they are the only ones available to us, since Nihilis removes all other mechanics. It's odd, since Expose/Deathmark/Thermals were all working as described until the introduction of the new raid and the stacking Tenacity. With me so far? Rather than lessening the effectiveness of some 17 odd characters across all raids and old content, how about maybe tweak the new raid? You can still lessen the damage on Expose/etc I dont care. But alter the Tenacity to allow other toons, teams and strategy to be used.
  • Options
    Because percentages of damage matter more than raw damage numbers. If 100k accounts for 5% damage it's a great score, if it accounts for 0.001% damage it's a horrible score.

Those are some pretty wide ranges you have there, but still, 100K in damage is not going to be fun or exciting for any player who is used to wreaking havoc on a mass scale. Why? Because it isn't challenging. It's just throw what you can at it until it dies. Until a working strategy for doing some damage on the raid comes to fruition, it is going to be boring and lame. Especially with the weak rewards in comparison to the effort put forth on this raid. I'd rather spend my resources, especially my time, on other endeavors.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Maybe if I reworded it... Those mechanics are good because they are the only ones available to us, since Nihilis removes all other mechanics. It's odd, since Expose/Deathmark/Thermals were all working as described until the introduction of the new raid and the stacking Tenacity. With me so far?
    expose/dm/thermals are working as described. There's no bug. Expose/dm/thermals/DoTs were already doing less damage in raids, you know that right? They adjusted the % of damage because with the healthpools raidbosses have it would have been way too much. The new raid however has a gigantic healthpool, not even close to anything we've seen thusfar, throwing the balance between regular dmg and healthbased damage out of whack.
    This however has nothing to do with the stacking tenacity.
    Rather than lessening the effectiveness of some 17 odd characters across all raids and old content, how about maybe tweak the new raid? You can still lessen the damage on Expose/etc I dont care. But alter the Tenacity to allow other toons, teams and strategy to be used.
    The tenacity is an entirely different issue than the dmg done by exposes. They're not trying to fix the tenacity, they don't think the tenacity is a problem. It's their way of making this raid hard to beat.
  • Options

I think the drop in health will encourage people to at least try again, but at best it might be a short term spike of interest when everything else remains the same.

What else really needs to be done atleast from a perception pov is either change the lower tier raids to reflect the recommended toons or just get rid of it so people can't see the recommendations.

I think people are weary. We all remember the jump from NAAT to HAAT and how nothing worked and we had to relearn what worked in HAAT. Because of this nobody (at least in my guild) finds theory crafting worthwhile on lower tiers. Most are content to hang back, wait for other people to figure it out then stsrt working on the toons from there.

But mainly just change the recommendations. Nothing fans the flames more than people feeling they're being misled.

Who the fudge cares about the freaking recommendations? That's just something you blame when things go south. Sure, they don't make sence, but they never made sence. But seriously, that's like the last thing they need to worry about.

By all means, continue to be angry and frustrated for all the wrong reasons, that's your choice. Just keep in mind that just because you're angry and frustrated, it doesn't automatically mean that you're right.
    i'm sure that there are people that really think the recommendations are a real issue and a big part of their frustration with the raid. Because they think that, it's automatically true right? perception is reality and all that. I get that, to a certain extent it's even true. However, would they have liked the raid if the recommendations were correct? will they like the raid more once the recommendations are fixed? I'm just going to make a sweeping generalisation and say no, ofcourse not. Feel free to disagree, but remember you're the one saying that reducing the health of the raid won't make it more fun because "nothing changes".

What is wrong with you? And who died and made you the God of all knowledge? You must be a very lonely person to sit on the forums day in and day out bashing other people's opinions as if they have no right to them. Go get a life and leave people along for once.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Those are some pretty wide ranges you have there, but still, 100K in damage is not going to be fun or exciting for any player who is used to wreaking havoc on a mass scale. Why? Because it isn't challenging. It's just throw what you can at it until it dies. Until a working strategy for doing some damage on the raid comes to fruition, it is going to be boring and lame. Especially with the weak rewards in comparison to the effort put forth on this raid. I'd rather spend my resources, especially my time, on other endeavors.

100k wasn't too bad of a score in p1 hAAT back in the day when we struggled to clear it. 350k was an amazing score at that time. Ofcourse 100k was over 2% in that phase.
    It's just a shame that JTR blew everything out of the water, they're nerfing here too late. If she didnt put up those amazing numbers 1mil dmg with another team wouldn't have seemed so bad.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Shanara68 wrote: »

What is wrong with you? And who died and made you the God of all knowledge? You must be a very lonely person to sit on the forums day in and day out bashing other people's opinions as if they have no right to them. Go get a life and leave people along for once.

I'm a wrong though? ;)
  • Options

I'm a wrong though? ;)

The only thing you were dreadfully wrong on was the 1 banner on Defense.... and without YOUR support, did you see the monstrosity we got instead?
    shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
    I blame you entirely for that one.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

Maybe if I reworded it... Those mechanics are good because they are the only ones available to us, since Nihilis removes all other mechanics. It's odd, since Expose/Deathmark/Thermals were all working as described until the introduction of the new raid and the stacking Tenacity. With me so far?
    expose/dm/thermals are working as described. There's no bug. Expose/dm/thermals/DoTs were already doing less damage in raids, you know that right? They adjusted the % of damage because with the healthpools raidbosses have it would have been way too much. The new raid however has a gigantic healthpool, not even close to anything we've seen thusfar, throwing the balance between regular dmg and healthbased damage out of whack.
    Rather than lessening the effectiveness of some 17 odd characters across all raids and old content, how about maybe tweak the new raid? You can still lessen the damage on Expose/etc I dont care. But alter the Tenacity to allow other toons, teams and strategy to be used.
    The tenacity is an entirely different issue than the dmg done by exposes. They're not trying to fix the tenacity, they don't think the tenacity is a problem. It's their way of making this raid hard to beat.

You seem to think I have a problem with Expose being changed. I have stated numerous times I'm willing to accept the change if they allow other mechanics to have a halfway chance to work. They might not think the Tenacity is an issue, but it most certainly is the biggest, most glaring, ginormous problem. It can a 49 billion health for all I care, they can reduce Expose for all I care, but for the love of all that people consider holy reduce the ungodly stacking Tenacity. There are only so many ways to tackle an opponent. Either make yourself stronger (buffs, oh wait, they are a detriment),make your opponent weaker (can't get thru Tenacity), make yourself faster (oh wait, it gains stacking speed), make your opponent slower ( oh wait, can't land speed down or reduce TM), or increase your survivability (oh wait, he hits health only). So it becomes a slog fest with no strategy. How fun is that?
  • Options

100k wasn't too bad of a score in p1 hAAT back in the day when we struggled to clear it. 350k was an amazing score at that time. Ofcourse 100k was over 2% in that phase.
    It's just a shame that JTR blew everything out of the water, they're nerfing here too late. If she didnt put up those amazing numbers 1mil dmg with another team wouldn't have seemed so bad.

No, they should have designed RJT better. They way that she is now is how she was when we exhausted resources to get her. There should be no degradation of her abilities or how she performs when people have spent resources on her as advertised. It isn't RJT or any player who has her's fault that she performs as advertised and expected.

That gets to the bottom of it right there, though. Expectation have been set for what squads can do what damage in HAAT and people have been spending resources based on those expectations. A lot of people, myself included, would have spent resources in other areas of the game if those expectations had not already been established. Who set the expectations that players have? Well, the devs did by designing the game in the way that they have.

As someone else eloquently put it earlier, they are essentially moving the goal posts back for anyone who does not already have GK unlocked and 7*.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I'm a wrong though? ;)

The only thing you were dreadfully wrong on was the 1 banner on Defense.... and without YOUR support, did you see the monstrosity we got instead?
    shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
    I blame you entirely for that one.
    Oh, i was definately right about that. That they made an even worse system in some ways ins't my fault ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You seem to think I have a problem with Expose being changed. I have stated numerous times I'm willing to accept the change if they allow other mechanics to have a halfway chance to work. They might not think the Tenacity is an issue, but it most certainly is the biggest, most glaring, ginormous problem. It can a 49 billion health for all I care, they can reduce Expose for all I care, but for the love of all that people consider holy reduce the ungodly stacking Tenacity. There are only so many ways to tackle an opponent. Either make yourself stronger (buffs, oh wait, they are a detriment),make your opponent weaker (can't get thru Tenacity), make yourself faster (oh wait, it gains stacking speed), make your opponent slower ( oh wait, can't land speed down or reduce TM), or increase your survivability (oh wait, he hits health only). So it becomes a slog fest with no strategy. How fun is that?

okay. So your problem has nothing to do with exposes or raidboss healht, so why are we even arguing?
    I do however disagree that there's no strategy. There's plenty of strategy involved, unfortunately it all does rediculously low damage (percentage wise). Wich is why i'm happy they're reducing the health. Wich is where i think this whole discussion started?
  • Options
    Lol, it all started from me saying Expose is the symptom of the diseased Raid mechanics. Which is still true.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, it all started from me saying Expose is the symptom of the diseased Raid mechanics. Which is still true.

i still disagree, it's a sympton of the raid boss having alot of health. If the raid bosses had like 10 to 20mil health, same raid mechanics and all that we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    I would probably be whining about it being too easy though ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

No, they should have designed RJT better. They way that she is now is how she was when we exhausted resources to get her. There should be no degradation of her abilities or how she performs when people have spent resources on her as advertised. It isn't RJT or any player who has her's fault that she performs as advertised and expected.

That gets to the bottom of it right there, though. Expectation have been set for what squads can do what damage in HAAT and people have been spending resources based on those expectations. A lot of people, myself included, would have spent resources in other areas of the game if those expectations had not already been established. Who set the expectations that players have? Well, the devs did by designing the game in the way that they have.

As someone else eloquently put it earlier, they are essentially moving the goal posts back for anyone who does not already have GK unlocked and 7*.

i don't know about all that. I'm fine with JTR's dmg numbers in all raids, it's just unfortunate that all the other teams (except maybe DT teams) suck in comparrison.
    Lowering the health makes other teams suck a bit less in comparrison and maybe we wouldn't have to chip away 0.5% or less at the time. But i doubt they reduce the health enough for that to happen.
  • Options

i still disagree, it's a sympton of the raid boss having alot of health. If the raid bosses had like 10 to 20mil health, same raid mechanics and all that we wouldn't be having this conversation.

No we would, JTR would still be the most prevalent, most effective strategy and other teams would still be not as good. There would still be the same exact damage differences because unresistable vs stacking Tenacity always wins.
  • Windar
    20 posts Member
    Options

exactly this. I have spent months and money farming mods and equipment. All that was based on my JTR team specifically for HAAT to get GK. Now after finally getting to a point where we as a guild can get those GK shards, they want to change it? Money spent, time spent for what? No, not looking for a refund for her, but the money and time spent farming equipment and mods is being dismissed as "we hear you" is insulting. No customer care at all. I could care less about any tweaks needed for the Sith raid since it is new but older raids being tweaked with no change in payout? What is the justification?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

No we would, JTR would still be the most prevalent, most effective strategy and other teams would still be not as good. There would still be the same exact damage differences because unresistable vs stacking Tenacity always wins.

The difference would be way smaller actually. That's what i've been trying to say.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    You wanna make other teams do better? Open up more options to team build- eliminate stacking Tenacity. Very simple. Bringing one team down to mediocrity isn't the answer, raising the mediocre to at least promising is.

As I've stated before, the % health skills aren't the disease- they're the symptom. When they're the ONLY option, they can't be shocked when those teams are doing much better. We don't have other options, save flinging **** at a wall and being surprised when it's not effective.

The health based damage being way higher than regular damage is indeed the symptom, but a symptom of the raidbosses having a fudge ton of health.
    Lowering the health (significantly) would bring health based dmg on par with regular dmg.
    "only" doing 1mil damage is not a problem at all if that 1mi damage accounts for 25% of the phase. Regular damage isn't affected by the raidboss health reduction, so percentagewise you're going to do more damage.

"Significantly", yes. "Slightly", is what we're getting.
    significantly would bring health based dmg on par with regular dmg. 60k per expose isn't exactly on par with normal damage. In order for it to be even close to on par with regular damage the raid boss' health needs to be reduced significantly, not slightly. significantly being an understatement.
    Since we're only getting "slightly" it's probably not going to impact health based dmg that much, so since the cause (rediculoulsy large healthpool) isn't going to change, they're going to change the damage exposes do.
    Sympton = exposes doing alot of dmg
    cause = raid boss has alot of health
    Reducing health isn't a nerf on exposes, period.
    So, you're fine with no strategy other than "chip away"? That's counterintuitive to the basic structure of the game. "Build your squad to tackle the challenges of holotable"? I might as well randomly pick 5 toons and hit auto. I don't want **** hard, I want challenging hard.
    Allow us to actually use our roster, instead of merely depleting it.
    Well, if you're doing just as much damage with 5 randoms on auto as with a team that has some thought put in it and playing on manual you just suck at the game. That, if that is the case, is not counterintuitive to the basic structure of the game, that's just lack of strategy/skill.
    Please note the "if". I'm only calling you a noob IF what you say is actually true (wich i highly doubt it is).

There seems to be a lot of "diferent points of view" on double expose nerf. Mostly to be blaimed on this particular statement
    6. RESTATED from OP:
    Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

What OP wanted to say: "We recognise that expose was a huge part of 1st heroic kills, so while nerfing it, we lowered the overall HP so dmg sources other than expose will be have more impact, which is what we are aiming for, more roster options and not go expose or go home"
    What most people read: "We are doing the overall reducing of health pool because of the expose nerf to nerf it even more. JTR teams are the only way to go. But we wont let you go in so easily."

a poorly formulated statement led to this uproar. Nobody is recognising the fact that CG wants more roster diversity.

Yes! you're probably explaning it better than i am.
    I just don't understand why anyone can't recognize the fact that exposes doing less damage due to less overall health is a good thing, especially for all the ohter non- health based dmg teams without actually hurting health based dmg teams (they're going to do more dmg percentage wise eventhough they're doing less raw dmg because the non-expose dmg does more dmg procentagewise while the exposes do the same amount of dmg procentage wise). It's like they can't see past the raw dmg numbers.
    edit: To be clear. JTR is probably going to do less dmg procentagewise because of the nerf on exposes, but NOT because of the reduced health.

Sorry leef, while I totally get where you‘re coming from and the reasoning in itself is correct -at this very moment, that is- it is shortsighted in my honest opinion.
    For the sake of argument I simplify the numbers:
    Let‘s say Sithraid has 100hp... so we have expose dealing 10% max hp in damage, that equals it to 10 damage.
    So, now they change the max hp to 80 and change expose to 5%, that equals 4 damage... okay, okay... more along the lines of what other teams currently do, YET

Now we get to the "symptoms" part which is quite true: the next raid will need to be again way harder! So double the hp which gives us 200 instead of 100. now we attack with our 5% expose and boom 10 damage again...

That‘s what makes expose only a shortsighted cure imho. The cause is what has been stated before: the overall „untouchability“ of the Sithraid by any conventional means...
    what does this mean for the future? Our general damage will need to go up, or we get characters that circumvent this mechanic somehow (the superlative abilities... can‘t be resisted, can‘t be prevented, can‘t be... designs solely revolving around such abilities are boring and lazy) or just deal ridiculous amounts of base damage...
    Not very interesting, not very challenging....

Then the next raid gets released... 400 hp... now our expose again deals 20 damage instead...

Simply slapping hp on a raid is a boring, lazy meatwall design, that does not work at all, as long as an ability exists that deals %-damage...

So what possibilities are there:

1. Back to to sketchbook and think about other possibilities
    2. Release ever more superlative abilities, which at some point need to be topped somehow again
    3. Raise mod, character levels and power
    4. Fine-tune STR‘s abilities/stats as it is
    5. Change expose as ability as it is (and with it Resistance‘s stats)

Not many of above‘s suggestions lead to a designates interesting future...
  • Options

The difference would be way smaller actually. That's what i've been trying to say.

Except even with reduced damage on Expose, the mere fact that Expose is unresistable with JTR, vs never landing an expose or debuff with literally every single other toon is due solely to the fact of Tenacity stacking.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    To back up my claim:
    My RTJ team did 7.467mil damage in p2. 1.740mil was done by my characters, that leaves 5.727mil done by exposes.
    I think p2 has 150mil health, wich means that 5.727mil accounts for 3.8%. Since it's health based, the same amount of exposes will do the same amount of damage percentagewise no matter how much health the raidboss has.
    Now imagine p2 has 20mil health, everyhing else remains the same. The exposes will do 3.8% dmg, that's 760k damage. That 760k + 1.740mil regular damage = 2.5mil dmg
    My rag tag wampa team did 1.2mil dmg in p2. While RTJ still does better, the difference is way smaller just because the exposes do less damage on a less healthy boss. I would be amazed if cg/ea decided to nerf exposes in such a scenario.
    Unfortunately 2.5m is 12.5% of that phase if the raid boss has 20mil health, so it would make the raid "too easy" by cg/ea standards (and my own if i'm being honest).

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Except even with reduced damage on Expose, the mere fact that Expose is unresistable with JTR, vs never landing an expose or debuff with literally every single other toon is due solely to the fact of Tenacity stacking.
    Ofcourse, without the high damage on exposes or without the exposes debuffs RTJ would have **** just as much (or be just as good, but given the low percentages of dmg the teams do i opt for suck) as the other teams. Especially wihtout the unresistable exposes.
    the tenacity resets though, so it is possibe to land debuffs. It just takes some inventive gaming to come up with a strat that works eventhough the tenacity stacks ! ;)

This discussion has been closed.