[Feedback] Last update broke everything about the Sith team in my opinion

Replies

• Options
    Just came here to save that first comment.. wonder how Disney is going to react to such wonderful customer service eh @CG_RyDiggs and @CG_Kozispoon
  • Whut
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Peer wrote: »
    1. Telling people to not invest means „Don’t spend money“. Of course it also means don’t waste gear or any in-game stuff. It means all of this. What is so difficult to understand about that?
    I'm not sure who you're directing that question to, but most people who have posted here do not seem to have any difficulty in understanding that. A number of posts have actually referenced the difference in perspective, between the customer's & the employee's.
    By the way, there is a rather huge difference between an investment & a purchase but, again, this comes down to a matter of individual perspective.
    Either way, it's subjective. You view it as meaning "Don't spend money", I and many others took it as a reference to any form of investment, whether time or cash.
    2. Personally I think their forum policy is limiting people too much but it is their forum and they make the rules. So don’t behave like you didn’t know when they enforce these rules.
    No-one has behaved like they weren't aware of the forum rules. People have come to a different interpretation of the OP to that which RyDiggs has &, therefore, are stating that they feel the warning to be a misappropriation/unjustified.
    3. Forum members often use insulting language when they rant about the latest release. It is a matter of style and taste. I generally expect someone like Ry_Diggs to abstain from the use of insulting language. But then again, since many users don’t care why should he?
    Unsure if this is a genuine, or rhetorical question. Seems rhetorical, but to hazard a guess at "why should he": Because it's his job & he has a contract of employment which states that he should?
    4. I absolutely despise the way CG/EA run their business. I think it is ****, even for American business practice. Still I spend money. I don’t like how they make use of the so-called Game Changers and let them deliver sales presentations to customers. But I could delete the game anytime. As could you.
    Thank you, for that wonderful insight.
    Nothing will change if there is no forward looking constructive feedback. Even if your ideas get voted down (like mine usually). If you are F2P just think one moment about what your attitude really does to the game, the developers and other spending players. And stop demanding things you would never pay a dime for (so you said repeatedly).
    You say that the players need to think about their attitude? In some cases, entirely agree, however, as has been repeatedly stated throughout this thread & is the primary reason it reached the volume of responses that it has: There has been a lot of very constructive feedback provided, both here and in numerous other threads. The problem arises when people see & feel their valid complaints being ignored.
    No-one has demanded something that they wouldn't pay a dime for, either? The OP has spent a large sum of money on a product which, when received, was found to not be as it was described when it was purchased.
    I do not see an invalid complaint there. Perhaps a bit overly emotional, when written, but a customer service representative is employed to get look past the emotions of disgruntled people (You know, 99.999% of their contact with customers is with people who initially aren't happy?) to discover & hopefully rectify the customer's complaint.
    Doing so makes the brand, its staff and its product all feel & seem better to that individual, if they feel that their concern was appreciated, respected, listened to properly & understood.
  • Options
    WangSolo wrote: »
    Just came here to save that first comment.. wonder how Disney is going to react to such wonderful customer service eh @CG_RyDiggs and @CG_Kozispoon

I dont think Kozi has anything to do with this
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Ludacris
  • Options
    The sooner people just realize that cg/ea don't care about us the easier it will be to understand this kind of response. It's really that simple. Nothing @CG_RyDiggs says surprises me anymore. If you expect customer service then you don't understand my first sentence. I'm actually glad they're not hiding behind the bull**** political correctness they were using, we all knew it was a charade anyways. You're fooling yourself if you expect anything more than responses like this.
  • Options
    I am utterly astonished at RyDiggs comments throughout this thread. I'll cop to not having read all of them. But what I have seen is jaw-dropping.

I've been customer/client facing pretty much my entire career. And I empathize how frustrating it can be when the person across the counter/phone/internet trashes me or my company. It can feel like it's an attack on me.

But you know what I've never done in 20 years? I've never called that person out. I've never tried to control what they've said. I've never belittled them or their opinion.

RyDiggs, whether you realize it or not you represent CG and EA when you're on here. And you're making them look horrible. I get that maybe you're a little salty with some of the community reaction to some of the changes and recent event. I understand feeling like you're almost under siege. But that's not a reason to lash out at your community. Without a community, you don't have a healthy game.

Now, you've got terms of use. If a post violates those terms, remove it. I'm not one to cry "censorship" at the drop of a hat. I'm aware that posting here is a privilege that can be revoked. If saying, as it seems the initial post did "don't invest" in a given thing is a violation of those terms, again delete the post. But it's not really your place to go in and argue it and argue over wordplay.

I will say, personally, that with the extremely short notice on JTR event that just occurred, which to me, was really vexing. As well as the posts here, it has me re-evaluating my future in CoH I enjoy the game for what it is and I've recently spent some money that I want to get value from. But I'm also quite frustrated.
  • Options
    image.png
    He is not lying, this has been so easy lately.
  • KylarStern
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    His initial response to this thread clearly shows he should not be on the forums at all. Treating any customer in that manner has done more harm than good for the company. @CG_RyDiggs should either be fired or at the very least never be allowed communication with customers. Completely unprofessional. This is unacceptable behavior
  • Boycey
    29 posts Member
    Options
    All this... when the community could have handled it. Sion is a great character, surely will if not already become a meta character, anyone that has to battle g12s on their shard will know this but if he was/is bugged it needed to be addressed. People that want to spend will spend, but want to know they are putting their money, time or resources into the right characters. It should be ok to have these conversations.
  • Whut
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    KylarStern wrote: »
    His initial response to this thread clearly shows he should not be on the forums at all. Treating any customer in that manner has done more harm than good for the company. @CG_RyDiggs should either be fired or at the very least never be allowed communication with customers. Completely unprofessional. This is unacceptable behavior
    That would seem quite a fair way over the top, if not a little sensationalist.
    I have had good conversation with @CG_RyDiggs in this thread & he states that he has recognised his failings in communications and resolved to learn from this discussion, to better apply the necessary skills moving forward.

I am not condoning the response, but let his actions from this point be what he is judged by, not his frustrated response. If he fails to live up to the resolution & it amounts to nothing more than lip service, then fine. But, be fair & let's not crucify the guy until he's actually had a chance to?
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @KylarStern and to others vehemently opposed to the response here, I'd like you to consider another view ...I agree that @CG_RyDiggs response was unconventional and in many companies it would result in a "training opportunity"...but do we really want the corporate robot response with a token pat on the back and just sent on our way? If you peel back the info shared and intimate insights along with the notable amount of time, this is actually a much more in depth and valuable response than what we'd typically get.

Compare this to what happened before: Thread would be insta-moved to the abyss OR...a funny quip accompanied by a GIF plus a pat on the back with no relevant info shared. I like the passion and effort so I wouldn't want to see him fired / removed as you're suggesting.

Now, could the salt level be scaled back a bit without going full corporate robot? Yeah it was heavy in some spots, but if I had to choose between a compassionate answer that is informing me at a much higher level and actually get responded to I'd rather have that than some corporate rubber stamp response that checks a Customer Service 101 training box.
  • Options
    As far as the response goes, I am more concerned about the OP. I have dropped 150+ arena rankings in the last couple of days. I have been utterly demolished when attacking lesser teams in arena. I have gotten 2-3 shots in, maybe, before my toons are dead. I run a Sith team with Sion, DN, Thrawn, Vader and Palp lead. So I would say as to the OP and my recent experience, something happened.
  • Whut
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs I guess my main point for you to take away from this and consider, is the following, from a previous post:

"I appreciate that it is a business but, as before, it's a matter of perspective & building a rapport.
    Put yourself in your customer's place & describe how you would feel towards the product or the staff if suffering from their complaints? Then think how you would feel as that person, in that situation, if you were to receive the response that you're about to provide."
    Will that response appease or escalate the customer & their situation?

This kind of theoretical empaphising can go a long way to building a rapport & certainly helps to calm down fractuous situations.
    People want to be heard, but they really want to be listened to and understood.

If your response gives them that, they will be reasonably quickly calmed.
    If it does the opposite and makes them feel ignored or overlooked, their bad mood will escalate a whole lot more quickly.

Ultimately, it's a "prevention is better than cure" scenario.
  • Options
    I know tons of companies that throw shade on disgruntled in public forums and survive!

And, so i don't get in trouble...MOB ENFORCER IS THE GREATEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME! EVERYONE SHOULD UNLOCK HIM AND GEAR HIM TO G12!!!
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs as it is clear from the litany of "customer responses" , you lack professionalism, integrity, candor, and morale fiber. If you are so easily annoyed/ irritated by "customers" questions that keep this game afloat then sir..... You are in the wrong business and maybe it's time to rethink your choices. I wonder what Larry Probst and Andrew Wilson would think of this. Savvy
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Are you serious with those responses ? Should staff be better than that ? Luckily we have others places like Discord channels or reddit where we can discuss the game without censorship or somewhat insulting responses like yours. Have to say this forum getting worse and worse, for example events are now semi hidden under "Individual Events" and "Guild Events" where before we could go straight to the section of the event we want from the main fourm page. Keep working in that direction and there will be no reason to visit this forum other that to chceck updates and devs subfourms.
  • KylarStern
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @KylarStern and to others vehemently opposed to the response here, I'd like you to consider another view ...I agree that @CG_RyDiggs response was unconventional and in many companies it would result in a "training opportunity"...but do we really want the corporate robot response with a token pat on the back and just sent on our way? If you peel back the info shared and intimate insights along with the notable amount of time, this is actually a much more in depth and valuable response than what we'd typically get.

Compare this to what happened before: Thread would be insta-moved to the abyss OR...a funny quip accompanied by a GIF plus a pat on the back with no relevant info shared. I like the passion and effort so I wouldn't want to see him fired / removed as you're suggesting.

Now, could the salt level be scaled back a bit without going full corporate robot? Yeah it was heavy in some spots, but if I had to choose between a compassionate answer that is informing me at a much higher level and actually get responded to I'd rather have that than some corporate rubber stamp response that checks a Customer Service 101 training box.

The only reason he offered any further conversation and explanation was to save his own skin. He handled the matter in what he deemed appropriate with his initial response. If he had taken the time to actually explain himself in the first place this wouldn't have been an issue. He later did, and in a manner that wasn't as rude. But that isn't the point.

As it stands he handled the matter in a completely inappropriate manner. His later actions in an attempt to not get chewed out by his superiors or lose his job shouldn't matter. The issue is that to him that was the correct way to handle this situation. A person who has that kind of a reaction should not be speaking to customers at all.

Edit: My initial post had a comment about how we have a choice where we invest. That was removed by a mod.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    1. I will SINK this thread over the weekend. Meaning it will not float to the top with new posts.

CG_RyDiggs

Ummmm what? This is akin to throwing kerosene on a fire and then walking away from it.

I know I've pared the post down to just this item, but holy cow is that a "doozy." Statements like this do not create generative and thoughtful conversation, they serve to inflame an already angry community.
  • Options
    Im here just to say one thing, even tho I didnt read all 6 pages of salty tears. From first page I can see that CG is saying that they are here to promote the game and "IMPORTANT PART" COMMUNITY. If someone found a bug and it's making a warning to other players , so they don't invest in a specific char ATM, why do you find this undermining the game or game promotion? You mean undermining DATA CARDS in shop? Isn't helping other players something that benefits whole community? If that's your main concern (game + community) why are you so negative about it? I understand its F2P game and you need to make money also, but better games then SWGOH failed because they did same thing you did right now, so heads up!
  • Options
    Whut wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.
    Might find that a little difficult, if it's left to you & your colleagues to do when everyone stops posting here. Especially with that sort of attitude!

Telling people not to farm a specific faction does NOT do what you incorrectly claim, in a rather strange & paranoid fashion.
    It passes on his opinion about a single faction & single named character. He doesn't once tell people to do anything even remotely connected with "undermining the game".
    He tells people to steer clear of a specific faction & one specific character.
    I considered that to be advice for people playing the game & not even in the same ballpark?
    If telling people not to play, then you'd have a valid point.

Perhaps, if you want to successfully promote their game, maybe try sorting your content out? That's called self-promotion & it spreads well via positive word of mouth, rather than the type that you're creating with this type of snippy response.

Talking about things that are perhaps wrong with the game doesn't undermine the game.
    Things being wrong with the game is what does.

I'm sorry if the attitude of advocating for the longterm health of the Community and Game is jarring. We (Capital Games and moderators) have been enforcing this, but I'm putting words to why we do what we do.

If you think this game will wither because we don't tolerate undermining comments (we DO allow constructive criticism) then 3 years of this policy has resulted in a game that is growing and thriving. We may have to agree to disagree.
    Whut wrote: »
    Telling people not to farm a specific faction does NOT do what you incorrectly claim, in a rather strange & paranoid fashion.

Farming recommendations are ENCOURAGED (check our New Player section, they need help. Seriously, your input would help them and the game!). However, that is not the topic or the post of concern.

The OP says:
    Don't invest in any Sith especially Sion.

Regards

Now, YOU may read that as, Don't FARM any sith especially don't FARM Sion. I don't.

We will agree to disagree, and I'm ok with that. I hope you are too.
    It is my prerogative to err on the side of 'health of the community and game' when making these decisions, I hope that is your intention as well.

Additionally, he chose to use my General Forum as his soapbox to express his opinion, so I will give it a finer judgment and (I think rightfully so) be more sensitive here, than maybe if he had chosen to post this in the Sion character discussion thread here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160169/character-strategy-darth-sion/p1

In the Character and Arena Strategy forum, you are dealing with a more finely tuned audience who are working off of data and experience to formulate and explore theories. Which some times fall into recommendation to or not to invest in a character.

In THAT forum, I understand.

The OP chose General Forum, to express their opinion, and so, I act with the intentions of the General Forum. Which is to Promote the Community and the Game.

I hope that clarifies, but understand if we agree to disagree. I'm hoping clarifications will help our community understands what we do and why we do it.

IF you present Constructive Criticism, then we can dialog and collaborate.

IF you intend to use the General Forum as a soapbox to undermine the Community and Game, then action will be taken.

We're here to promote the game and community. We invite you to do so as well :)

RT

While your critique is fair - leadership comes with the responsibility of being the bigger person. No need to belittle anyone.
  • Quarion4830
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I invite you to edit your comments to be more in line with the goal of these forums, which is to promote the game, even with critical feedback ;)

CG_RyDiggs

Had to register and create account to respond. Im disgusted in the attitude of this representative of CG.

Reminds me of N@zi ideology.

Learn to promote better discussion not discourage and demean your player base

#toobigforbritches
  • Options
    Wow, this thread is a total dumpster fire.

I typed out a dozen posts that reflect my feelings on this issue, but none seemed to meet Mr. Thomas's level of condescension, so I'll just leave it at this: It seems like someone in your studio's heirarchy has lost touch with the most important aspect of a game community: player morale. A thread full of non-answers, defensive outbursts and snippy arguments about the definition of community and "investment" goes a long way to solidify player angst regarding how developers are addressing player concerns.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    Where are the mods at? I feel like RyDiggs should be put in forum jail for his comments here today...

I will ponder this existential question over the weekend. It's a doozy, thank you.

Just can’t help yourself....have to be passive aggressive. You guys created this mess. Please have some thicker skin. Your continued responses like the don’t “PROMOTE the community and the game.”

I was being honest. I will think about this. I do little else BUT think about this. If you saw me grinning, nodding and contemplating you would understand.

Unfortunately, text doesn't do justice, and I can't do corporate robot well, nor do I think it would serve the community here.

SO, we're stuck with an implication that needs to be believed; I love this community, this game, and the PASSIONATE players, like the OP who would take the time to go to a forum, write something HOPING to affect a game they love so much.

If I go to far, I'll correct. I expect the same of my community.

If my current posts are not promoting the game, then We (Capital Games), I (Ryan Thomas) and You (the community) will keep talking and dialog until we do.

Because this game is LONGTERM, and so am I. I really hope you will be to, to help us continue to nurture and grow a healthy thriving community.

TTYL!

Can you stop posting in all caps?
    It is against forum rules, among many other forum rules you keep breaking while simultaneously telling people they are breaking forum rules. It is my opinion you are being the most toxic voice on the forums this week. So toxic, that this will be my last visit to the forums. You clearly do not have the skills to interact with and gain customers on a direct level in my humble, but very experienced and knowledgeable, opinion in this regard.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    What in the world is wrong with you @CG_RyDiggs ? You are off the rails here, acting like a fool. Do you really think this is any way to talk to your paying customers? Maybe take a vacation. Maybe don't post to the players on the forum when you are getting a head start on St. Patrick's day.
  • Options
    This thread at let's say the first answer from CG_RyDiggs is scary. Anyone here will be banned if he/she gives an advise that a certain toon or team is not worth to invest in? honestly this will not be respected?

If I would speak/write this way with any of my customers I would get fired. There is a problem with a new raid and a part of answering to the angry community is this?

And CG_DyRiggs when I see all the time you spent in this thread with answering to why you think it is ok what you did -> a better investment of time would have been if you somehow react to all those postings of players that give hints what the problem is at the moment.Players trying to show why the new raid is not really fun and how this could be rescued. At least a small sign that you listen to them instead of bullying them.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs:

First, I had to get this off my chest. There is no malice intended, but dude- are you serious? The analogy of parents hiding information from their children? Really? Our relationship is not parent/child. It's supplier/customer. We are not the 7 year old you don't tell that the house is going to forclosure to protect him. We're paying customers. You don't make 11 million last month otherwise.

Second, if you can't divulge something, just say so. I think we all understand proprietary information. Especially when it comes to code or algorithms. We get it. Most of the time we're asking "why" not "how." Or more appropriately, "why is this mechanic this way?" or "what were you thinking when you made it." We're allowed to question your decisions, if we do it respectively and with what we perceive as merit. I repeatedly ask about why P1 and Nihilis excludes certain teams from theory crafting, and got either no response or I get a "just kidding" as you tease some sort of response. We've mentioned 2 way communication before, but until you stop thinking of us as children needing to be led nothing will come of it.

Third, we're gamers. Numbers are very important to us. We theorycraft, develop, min/max and scrutinize every single numerical statistic, looking for new and creative ways to make ourselves better and more productive. This will never change. It's in our blood, as many of us have been gaming for decades. As a dev, a simple number change is a relatively mundane thing. A line of code here or there. To the players, it can affect their gaming experience past present and future. Either a whole bunch of time invested is for naught, or a whole bunch of time will need to be invested in order to stay relevant. It's 2 minutes to you, it can mean 2 months or more for us. Remember to always look at changes through a player's eyes.

Lastly, I've said before I don't envy you. I do, however, wish you luck as you engage with us. Every thing you do, say, post or even insinuate will be broken down by us. You cannot make us all happy all of the time. Listen to the majority of players. Thousands of players saying the same thing can't be wrong.

We love this game, you love this game. Let's do this together.
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We loveD this game

Can't say present tense represents my sentiment. It was a good run. Pretty long for a mobile game.

Slainte
  • Options
    I, like many others, do not post on this forum because I was told there was a lot of censorship and instead talk on discord/reddit. I have been linked this thread today and I am shocked both by the extent of the problem and by the way a CG employee has treated paying customers in this thread.

As others have pointed out, the outburst from @CG_RyDiggs has done far more to harm the game than the OP did. Paying customers raised legitimate concerns about a game (there was indeed a bug with Sion that has since been fixed) and @CG_RyDiggs attacked the customer in a manner I thought was disgusting. This thread has been linked on reddit, in discord servers and is having a far-reaching effect on the game.

Apparently, encouraging players to boycott the game or to stop spending money is against the rules here so I won't suggest that people do that. What I will suggest is that people take into account the unacceptable way that @CG_RyDiggs has acted, think about the fact that other people in this thread and on discord/reddit have said they will stop playing or stop spending as a result, and consider whether or not they want to support a company that has expressed this kind of attitude towards its customers.

This post will probably get removed and I will probably get banned, but it's too late for that now. This problem is bigger than the forum and removing my post won't change anything. Nor will it change the mind of the thousands of people reading this thread having been linked it from elsewhere.
  • The_No0b
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    for the record I don't think people wanted this Sith meta to break the game, become a "must farm" and be the only team in arena, the same way CLS broke everything. Personally, I was ready to quit when JTR was released, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized I wouldn't be forced to farm JTR.

Onto the main complaint on treating the community like ****, I do think the community was broken by the Sith raid nerfs. When I started a Sith Raid Compilations team doc on reddit, a ton of people from the "competitive" guilds like Darklords and TI sent me a lot of teams and damages to post--almost no one posted things after literally every good team on the doc (except for Deathtrooper ones) were nerfed. Now I highly doubt you guys are scouring reddit and nerfing every team people post there--you probably have your own analytics dashboards--but that's how it comes off when you release a raid and nerf every team people post. And that' not to mention how you could make everyone's lives a lot easier and less stressful if you just announced the legendary events ahead of time.
  • Options
    Thank God it's weekend! I think some fresh air and perspective could do some good here.

- And lets all have focus on what *really* helps the game...