Serious question. Who is really thinking about quiting?

Replies

• Options
    The problem I find is the forum is more entertaing than the game atm its only early days and can become such a good game if planned correctly
  • Options
    I don't really care
    i could be so much more productive with the 1-3 hours a day back that i spend on this game. We will see when they make the changes to GW. if it takes me an hour and a half to complete it after they make changes i'll probably be out. an hour a day completing tasks and messing around with the game is more than enough for me.

i finsihed it on my drive to work this morning. what is the problem? what level and what characters do you use? get 2 good healers (JC, Lum, Daka) a tank (Hans, Poe, Chewy) and a couple attackers (IG86, 88, Biggs)
  • Options
    Strong no
    Everyone is a critic, especially the freebies. If you don't like it, why did you start playing? Most these guys are passive-aggressive and just want everything in their roster to be 7* without doing the work.

This game is my favorite version of this genre by far (I'm an ex-Military Masters whale). And they're doing lots of things right. Most players spike and fall off I bet. But this is the most fun I've had on mobile game in months. Cheers to the players making it fun. Cheers to you on the forum that can post a "Strong No" like me.

Every mobile game that has a general forum is full of the same kinds of entitlement-driven threads.

You gotta pay if you wanna play.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Strong no
    Calvin wrote: »
    if you substitute the word shard for shart a lot of these topics are more entertaining.
    Lol! I will have to try that
  • Options
    Strong Yes If changes are not made
    Game is okay Tbh, dungeon boss is better and actually has a good PvP system
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    quit the game but log in to complain on the forum

hehehehe
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maybe...hopefully something changes
    Just keeping an eye haven't spent any money on the game since they ghost nerfed the credit pack .... alot of **** moves even for a money generator just dropped 300 on hearthstone. .... not sure how this game is going to play out. As it is following a wierd path.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    My GW has recently become more annoying than entertaining, with at least one lvl 70, almost all 7* team every day (I am lvl 67). I have to keep retreating until I make it with acceptable losses, and still I haven't finished it since this jump in difficulty occured. Then there is arena, where almost everyone is running the same team. Really getting tired of fighting Sidious everywhere I go. And the rest is just autoplay/sim to get shards and gear to continue the rat race...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    Nauros wrote: »
    My GW has recently become more annoying than entertaining, with at least one lvl 70, almost all 7* team every day (I am lvl 67). I have to keep retreating until I make it with acceptable losses, and still I haven't finished it since this jump in difficulty occured. Then there is arena, where almost everyone is running the same team. Really getting tired of fighting Sidious everywhere I go. And the rest is just autoplay/sim to get shards and gear to continue the rat race...

Are you using Sid? If not good job you are trying to correct the problem. If you are you are part of the problem
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Are you using Sid? If not good job you are trying to correct the problem. If you are you are part of the problem

I am still holding my ground and not using him. But my resolve is getting weaker each day...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    I am still holding my ground and not using him. But my resolve is getting weaker each day...

Good deal. As my GW seems to be going away from him I am going to try to start only using when my opponent has him. It will probably be a week before get to test drive that.
  • Options

JonoVDH wrote: »
    i could be so much more productive with the 1-3 hours a day back that i spend on this game. We will see when they make the changes to GW. if it takes me an hour and a half to complete it after they make changes i'll probably be out. an hour a day completing tasks and messing around with the game is more than enough for me.

i finsihed it on my drive to work this morning. what is the problem? what level and what characters do you use? get 2 good healers (JC, Lum, Daka) a tank (Hans, Poe, Chewy) and a couple attackers (IG86, 88, Biggs)
    i dont know about you but my "problem" is this. round 1 of galactic war. there is no auto-ing through for me.
    xsIusW3.png

• Options
    I take it the consensus is that maybe a lot won't quit but definitely will be cutting down on the spending.
  • Options
    2 energy refills in the cantina to get at least 4 or 5 shards out of 85 or 100 ..
    shards are way too difficult to farm.
    And the shard shop is a joke..
    And to get purple gear, the odds are low, I ve used 10 -15 sims to get none, cero gear...
  • Options

You gotta pay if you wanna play.

Right

And what on earth makes you think this game is worth thousands or even hundreds of dollars? You can't even play it at your choosing because of arbitrary energy and timers. Imagine playing Mario or GTA and suddenly you have to stop to wait for your energy to regenerate. It would be absurd. And those games are only $60 at launch
  • Options
    where's the "this game sucks i havent turned it on since yoda came out option?
  • Options
    Rework the energy issues , shard and gear drop rate or else !
  • Options
    Never. Love the game.
  • Options
    My take is this... I don't mind laying some extra cash down on something that I enjoy doing and occupies my time.

However.,. When I start to feel like I'm being screwed over then the resentment sets in. I have been keeping rough track and the drop rates have definitely gone down drastically in recent days. Certain character shards seem to have been tightened up and gear drops are ridiculous. The drop rate on purple gear has gone down over 10%. Some people claim that it hasn't but I'm guessing those people are either posters planted by CG/EA or they aren't very good at math.

So to get to the point... Yes I will definitely quit if the current pattern continues. I have been addicted to games in the past and walked away cold turkey, so I can do it again. Not that they care. They already **** a nice chunk of money out of me which is fine... But when I start to feel like I am being manipulated, then that is where the road ends.

• Options
    Strong no
    It's called A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N, and I blame EA/CG! :smiley:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Strong no
    Why would I quit? I also play diablo 3, and there they are still fixing bugs three years after its launch. So I guess that I can wait a couple months more.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    We all mini rage quit, 0/9 on Rey's shards, GS and QGJ both wiff their assists in Arena, 0 shards for the day in Cantina. We tell ourselves, "I'm DONE!!!" Than 10 minutes goes by, Oh crap I need to check my shipments! Rinse and repeat, it's a never ending cycle. XD
  • Options
    I don't really care
    Rothyr wrote: »
    Wasn't a massive spender in the first place, but definitely going F2P from now on. If nothing majorly changes in the near future, then yes.

Same for me.
  • Options
    Strong no
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    But it's star wars and it's a mobile game I can play on the toilet. It will never leave me!!!!

This a 1000x THIS!
  • Options
    I wont quit ill take a break and come back once they start fixing the drop rates for the gear that need 50 materials but I have more to do then just farm for gear.
  • Options
    Strong no
    It gives me something to do in the morning while I have my coffee before hitting the gym. I got hooked early and it's fun to build strategy and level up toons.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    I was going to but decided to just stop spending anything on it. Not a dime. If they make it easier to get the items and shards you need I may throw something at it once in a while.

Until then the time spent is becoming increasingly tedious. Spending all your energy refreshes to get 20-50 items that rarely drop is getting old. I suggest at least making the arena unlimited so you can get some play value out of it when you run out of energy to do other things.

• Options
    I have not been playing like I used to, I finally got caught up on gw, I had been a day behind for the last couple weeks.

I just don't have the same passion for the game. I rarely even check the forums anymore and I used to read just about everything.

I think I'm pretty close to done, we'll see.
  • Options
    They get away with a lot because it is Star Wars themed. I'll get really into a game like this and eventually move on but I agree, hitting the SIM button over and over is starting to feel less like a game and more like a job.