Sith raid - fatigue

Replies

• First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Well yeah, the raid, especially at the higher tiers, is clearly meant for elder players.

In my guild, we do t5 and it is basicly a 3 player solo by the top 3 guildmates who are all p2p, one of them is probably a kraken rather than a whale. I have decent roster, still I cant figure any special strategy which would be more complex and enjoyable than a basic hit and run strategy.
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    @First_but_66_Order
    you do realise your definition of hard makes STR hard?

P1: JTR, Thermal detonators, apparently magmatrooper? Farmboy also got some stuff going down but i m not sure how hard it is.
    P2: zzzzPhoniez, SRP Grandmaster Training, NS, FO
    P3: Chex mix
    P4: Nihilus: NS
    Sion: FO
    Traya: Kitchen Sink. No specific strategy. (i guess)
    50% of the annoying stuff you mentioned is completely up to you. The devs dont make you shift mods, or retry the raid. I can tell you that my guild hasnt booted me for not doing so. That stuff is completely up to you whther you want to make it annoying or not.
    I understand what you're saying there SWGOHfan29, but bear in mind the following because outside of the long-time top already L85 players:
    P1: Most players do NOT have JTR
    P2: Most players do NOT have zeta'd squads, or high-rarity Nightsisters/FO
    P3: Most players do NOT have Baze and Chirrut, or even one of them (although more have Chirrut now)
    P4: As per P2 most players don't have high-rarity geared/levelled Night-sisters that can survive, and again most don't have high-rarity FO

In addition people have spent so much time/effort/gear/energy in gearing up certain squads and players for useful synergies and tactics across the game, and then this raid makes pretty much all of it useless. Take "Phoenix" for instance, a lot of people worked the hard farm to get them and gear them (remember all those hundreds of Mk.V Stun and Mk.III Carbanti you needed, ugh!) and now you get Phase-1 where not only are you penalised for getting any buffs, but also for using basic abilities, and then just to kick you in the nuts you're also penalised for counter-attacking, so, you go onto guild chat and online and wherever to find some strategy tips and all the posts/videos etc are telling you you should use a JTR squad, or CLS titans, or Chex Mex...which of course you can't get because CLS is 7* access only, and you don't have Baze, and you don't have JTR and who knows when you'll be able to get any of them because....to get CLS you'd need 7* R2 (plus the others) and getting R2 requires a full 7* Empire squad first - and you can't get Palpatine at 7* without 7* rebels or Thrawn at 7* without 7* Phoenis, or Vader at 7* at a guaranteed point as he's mainly a reward rather than farmable, so you have to get 5 7* Empire chars excluding 3 of the ones you'd really want later on - then for a Titans squad for CLS you need 7* Raid Han and 7* General Kenobi, but because you do not have JTR or CLS or Chex Mex etc in your roster getting into a top guild that does both Rancor and HAAT is virtually impossible (I'm in a fun and full guild but we can't even get through P2 of HAAT, not strong enough to even get halfway!) and so CLS is out of the window. So you think JTR instead, ok, so that means I need 5 7* FO (to get BB8), then I have to complete the entire Cantina levels 1-8 to get on the final 2 nodes Veteran Han+Chewie which if you're lucky and get 1 shard drop every 4 attempts would take a total of 8-months to get to 7* even before you look at gearing and levelling them, along with the necessary 7* Finn & Rey(Scav). So you think Chex Mex instead, ok, so you could try for Chirrut from fleet tokens averaging 5 a day if lucky to get him in 2-months, but if you want Baze you have to finish Light-side Hard 9-C which means level-83 at a minimum plus at least 2-months constant farming (and then gearing and levelling both)...but you also need CLS for that and oh look, can't get that because your guild can't do HAAT...
    ...and that's why lower level players are getting fatigue from this raid: There don't seem to be decent squads to get enough damage to allow a guild to progress (to at least Tier-IV of Sith Raid where the rewards start to become worthwhile) without having loads of guild players with squads/toons that they don't have and either can't get or can't get for at least 1-year etc.

I'm not against the raid itself, or having a hard new Sith Raid etc., but the mechanics of the Raid exclude most newer or lower level players from having any genuinely useful squads that they can realistically aim to go out and get/farm/etc. - that's the issue! Wanting to make a raid that people can't just win with Phoenix or other long-time established squads is fine, change is good, but if the only squads that can perform well are out of the reach of a majority of players for at least a year then they're gonna get bored/disillusioned/fatigued whatever you want to call it, at least, in my opinion anyway :)

In fact I do have CLS, Chaze, Thrawn, Vader, Nihilus, GK, raid Han and many more 7* ed. The problem is that I dont have patience to swap all of my well thought out modding just for those painful 10 minutes, then swap back.
    I dont feel rewarded for my efforts.
    I dont feel it to be a challenge at all. Just brainless hit and run.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Well yeah, the raid, especially at the higher tiers, is clearly meant for elder players.

In my guild, we do t5 and it is basicly a 3 player solo by the top 3 guildmates who are all p2p, one of them is probably a kraken rather than a whale. I have decent roster, still I cant figure any special strategy which would be more complex and enjoyable than a basic hit and run strategy.

With the caveat that we do T4, my five teams are:

JTR (zetas on JTR, double R2, assist BB8)
    NS (double zeta Asajj)
    IT+Thrawn (Veers and Thrawn zeta)
    Zader DOT team (Vader zeta)
    Wedge Rebels (CLS IBAT and Han zeta)

Wedge is the only one that is generally attack attack attack, although depending on the phase you still have to manage annihilate, pain, BOW, etc.

JTR is fairly straightforward but who you pick for the smokescreen is important in P1.

IT is a lot of fun. Gotta get deathmark applied as much as possible and then hammer it. Magma works great, especially in P1 with Thrawn as lead. P3 is also a great spot for them as you can topple and then get in a few deathmarks (which stack btw).

Zader is also fun, the difficulty is getting the DOTs to stick. But if you can get 10-12 dots up and then execute with Boba or Cull with Vader, decent damage.

NS is fun too. Acolyte is a star in P3 or P4 if you manage BOW correctly.

Oh and I do zero mod swapping. Too much work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    The difficulty isn't the problem as much as the effort and time it takes for 50 members to do 5 battles each per day.

The health pool on t5 and t6 is stupidly high and achieves nothing other than dragging it out to the point where your tickets are replenished and another raid starts.

There's just no respite and the raid itself was tedious to begin with.

Even at 3 mins a battle you're adding at least 15-20 minutes onto the DAILY time a player has to p

Rewarding them horribly adds more angst to an already depressing time sink.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    The difficulty isn't the problem as much as the effort and time it takes for 50 members to do 5 battles each per day.

The health pool on t5 and t6 is **** high and achieves nothing other than dragging it out to the point where your tickets are replenished and another raid starts.

There's just no respite and the raid itself was tedious to begin with.

Even at 3 mins a battle you're adding at least 15-20 minutes onto the DAILY time a player has to p

Rewarding them horribly adds more angst to an already depressing time sink.

We run 2x T4 when we max our tickets, that way we get a 2~3 days break after the 2xT4 to accumulate tickets again and we dont feel that annoyed by the constant T5 being up and running 24/7
  • We're on week 5 or 6 of our T1 raid (finally on P4). We passed bored and frustrated a long time ago. We only have 16 members participating, everyone leveled in 50s-70s. I'm irritated the developers made the requirement "level 40, 1-star characters" who can do literally 0 damage to Nihlus.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ignore the requirements, they're generally misleading at best or useless at worst.

At 5 to 6 weeks on T1, your guild is not even close enough to being ready for this raid. It's meant to be harder than any previous raid. Either find a new guild, or stay together and keep working on your toons. Level 50-70 is not very far along in this journey.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ignore the requirements, they're generally misleading at best or useless at worst.

At 5 to 6 weeks on T1, your guild is not even close enough to being ready for this raid. It's meant to be harder than any previous raid. Either find a new guild, or stay together and keep working on your toons. Level 50-70 is not very far along in this journey.

I fully recognize we're a beginner guild. That's part of the fun, growing and improving together. But I just don't understand why they bothered making this raid accessible to Level 40, 1 star toons. When that is the minimum requirement, that most certainly does not indicate this is a raid meant for advanced players/guilds only. Either make the raid at least somewhat appropriate for the level stated, or raise the minimums so we know not to waste our time and energy on it. We haven't bothered starting a Tank Takedown raid as that is a minimum level 80. It's easy to see we are not ready for that one so I have no frustration toward that one at all. My $0.02.
  • My guild is 92M power, growing fast. We can take on sith raid tier 5. But we end up doing 4 as 5 is too time consuming, comparatively, and rewards are equally as bad. Please fix this to not lose interest. Currently, many of our guildmates either just auto, or plain and simple don't play the sith raid. I always do, but I honestly find the prizes disappointing.
  • Bloated hp pools for days = no fun at all

T1 - T6 should be for the level it is described. Doable within a day for a full sized guild of that gear level.
    T7 can be harder (gigantic hp pools =/= not hard, just nasty, bosses resisting basically everything except from a handful of chars is also no fun and just nasty)

Maybe reconsider the strategy for raids to make them more fun and less waste of time.

For example 1 group only per person, quick enrage, deactivating autoplay in hardmodes etc etc

Mainly: fun, fun, fun...its a game and that is its purpose :wink:
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    The Sith Raid is the best raid ever and the players love it!
    (Hope someone gets the reference)

But yeah, I agree. It's a slog and a lot of players are starting to slack hard on it, forcing more work on the rest of the guild causing even more stress.

Alas, the devs are perfectly happy with the raid as they said in the Q&A.

I just hit auto at this point. It is a complete chore and not enjoyable. If they removed the stupid protection on DH that would move the raid along. I’m sure they are tracking raid data and seeing more people are just non participants.
  • Burned out on it. Phase 2 and 3 are fine. It’s 1 and 4 that are a pain.
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    I still don’t understand how they think people are having fun with this raid...
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    P1 is okay with Visas/strong dispeller, Magmatrooper/Deathtrooper/Thrawn or JTR...for all others combos it just plain sucks and is random without any ending
    P2 is fun
    P3 is okay, but i do not understand the buff for healers and the tm reduction from her is well pointless in this phase as it renders many chars useless or rng if you get sword debuffed or not
    P4 is a nightmare as long nihilus is up (visas not working anymore, thanks to great design or char and raid /sarcasm)

So P2 and P3 (should change healer buff) are pretty fun.

HP pool is the worst fun destroyer (it has simply way too much hp). P1 randomness and P4 resulting in same is the next (randomness in ability use, randomness in debuffs and thus need of shield or not).

Mainly cut hp by 10 times...that would make it semi enjoyable.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Just throwing out my 2 cents incase devs are reading...

All but myself & 1 other in guild auto the entire raid. I auto every other day =( I really want to like the raid, but it is incredibly boring. It is by far my least favorite content added so far.

Don't think there is any reason to reiterate what every1 else has said about each phase... but did want the devs to know that not 1 single person out of the 50 in my guild enjoy the raid at all.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    RebelLion wrote: »
    I just don't understand why they bothered making this raid accessible to Level 40, 1 star toons. When that is the minimum requirement, that most certainly does not indicate this is a raid meant for advanced players/guilds only. Either make the raid at least somewhat appropriate for the level stated, or raise the minimums so we know not to waste our time and energy on it. We haven't bothered starting a Tank Takedown raid as that is a minimum level 80. It's easy to see we are not ready for that one so I have no frustration toward that one at all. My $0.02.

I agree with you. Advanced raids should require some sort of unlocking mechanic to ensure the guild has a fighting chance at it to avoid player burnout. Pretty sure I said the same thing when the HAAT was introduced and so many guilds were having massive problems with it (and many guilds still do!).

Since GP is a thing, that seems like a good place to start: set a minimum guild GP for unlock. Also since GP is not a great yardstick, there should be an additional unlock mechanic, something related to Achievements such as Earn 35 stars in DSTB. Make a guild advance their way into the raid.

Of course, many would complain about unfair bonuses for strong guilds because only they get to do the Sith raid ...

Think I made a really long post (even longer than normal!) about this some time ago ...

Edit:
    found it ... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1274320#Comment_1274320

People did not like it ... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1285318#Comment_1285318

Critics said gating the content was too much; obviously it would need some tuning. My point was to use gating to mitigate new player burnout, never said it was perfect. The difficulty of the STR spotlights the issue again.
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    I just don't understand why they bothered making this raid accessible to Level 40, 1 star toons. When that is the minimum requirement, that most certainly does not indicate this is a raid meant for advanced players/guilds only. Either make the raid at least somewhat appropriate for the level stated, or raise the minimums so we know not to waste our time and energy on it. We haven't bothered starting a Tank Takedown raid as that is a minimum level 80. It's easy to see we are not ready for that one so I have no frustration toward that one at all. My $0.02.

I agree with you. Advanced raids should require some sort of unlocking mechanic to ensure the guild has a fighting chance at it to avoid player burnout. Pretty sure I said the same thing when the HAAT was introduced and so many guilds were having massive problems with it (and many guilds still do!).

Since GP is a thing, that seems like a good place to start: set a minimum guild GP for unlock. Also since GP is not a great yardstick, there should be an additional unlock mechanic, something related to Achievements such as Earn 35 stars in DSTB. Make a guild advance their way into the raid.

Of course, many would complain about unfair bonuses for strong guilds because only they get to do the Sith raid ...

Think I made a really long post (even longer than normal!) about this some time ago ...

Edit:
    found it ... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1274320#Comment_1274320

People did not like it ... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1285318#Comment_1285318

Critics said gating the content was too much; obviously it would need some tuning. My point was to use gating to mitigate new player burnout, never said it was perfect. The difficulty of the STR spotlights the issue again.

A lot of those critics seemed to have missed your point, but I guess that is beside the point of this suggestion.

I think it's tough for people on the forum to put into perspective that we represent a microcosm of the player base. Plus, people tend to go to a public message board when they have negative feels about content as opposed to sharing positive feedback. That said, because no changes have been made to the tiers or overall structure of the raid I assume that it is WAI based on the data they've collected. They modified the NAAT format pretty quickly after release, so I'm using that as my basis.

Personally, my early experience with NAAT was much the same as many players are expressing about STR. It would take us 5 days+ to clear and we were always wasting tickets. We grit through those early pains, it got easier, we got better at recruiting and now I have General Kenobi. I used to dread fighting through phase 1 of that event. GG was / is such a ****. My general sense is that people feel because they are clearing HAAT with ease that they have earned the right to also clear the new Raid, but that's simply not how new content works...

All that said, I think you bring up an interesting solution. There's no reason more content shouldn't be gated. We already have gated content based on lvl attainment, so achievement based gating make sense. It also protects the game by not letting guilds unprepared for content attempt, grow frustrated, and potentially quit.

An alternative, and simpler solution, in the mean time would be to update the recommended strength of toons to complete the tiers. It would seem to me that by now they would have collected enough data so they could update the description to include "3 day completion requires 50 total guild members completing all 5 attempts with characters at lvl XX with good mods", or something similar. That would at least give players a more accurate barometer.

Also, update the rewards. Just a few pieces more would probably go a long way to encouraging participation and improving overall consensus of the new raid. Tier 3 and 4 may not be technically "harder" than HPIT, but it certainly takes a much greater time investment.

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

Edit:

A lot of those critics seemed to have missed your point, but I guess that is beside the point of this suggestion.

I think it's tough for people on the forum to put into perspective that we represent a microcosm of the player base. Plus, people tend to go to a public message board when they have negative feels about content as opposed to sharing positive feedback. That said, because no changes have been made to the tiers or overall structure of the raid I assume that it is WAI based on the data they've collected. They modified the NAAT format pretty quickly after release, so I'm using that as my basis.

Personally, my early experience with NAAT was much the same as many players are expressing about STR. It would take us 5 days+ to clear and we were always wasting tickets. We grit through those early pains, it got easier, we got better at recruiting and now I have General Kenobi. I used to dread fighting through phase 1 of that event. GG was / is such a ****. My general sense is that people feel because they are clearing HAAT with ease that they have earned the right to also clear the new Raid, but that's simply not how new content works...

All that said, I think you bring up an interesting solution. There's no reason more content shouldn't be gated. We already have gated content based on lvl attainment, so achievement based gating make sense. It also protects the game by not letting guilds unprepared for content attempt, grow frustrated, and potentially quit.

An alternative, and simpler solution, in the mean time would be to update the recommended strength of toons to complete the tiers. It would seem to me that by now they would have collected enough data so they could update the description to include "3 day completion requires 50 total guild members completing all 5 attempts with characters at lvl XX with good mods", or something similar. That would at least give players a more accurate barometer.

Also, update the rewards. Just a few pieces more would probably go a long way to encouraging participation and improving overall consensus of the new raid. Tier 3 and 4 may not be technically "harder" than HPIT, but it certainly takes a much greater time investment.

Man... it's got nothing to do with feeling entitled to beat this raid. It's got everything to do w/ letting CG know that the content is BORING in hopes they don't continue this trend.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

Edit:

Man... it's got nothing to do with feeling entitled to beat this raid. It's got everything to do w/ letting CG know that the content is BORING in hopes they don't continue this trend.

and I fundamentally disagree with this sentiment. Every time we run the raid I get to experiment with new team compositions that were either created by other players or creations of my own. To me, that is interesting and engaging. Even though I have a JTR team for P1, I still look for different solutions. I like to try and solve puzzles.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »

I fundamentally agree with this sentiment, and furthermore I disregard the opinion of anyone who actually has JTR.
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    If they just fixed phase 1 (it's currently no fun at all), and then re-balanced all the phases to be more or less equal in difficulty, then I'd be perfectly happy with the Sith raid.

As it is, poor RNG can doom a run in phase 1 because of Annihilate, forcing you to restart your run which is just a big waste of time. Why not just have Nihilus Annihilate everyone after 15 turns? And have his Drain Force inflict other debuffs to compensate?

Also, Sion needs more defense in phase 2, and Traya needs less in phase 4. Also, less speed for Traya in phase 4 after Nihilus and Sion go down.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    My only issue is phase 4. It's a drag because their are so many things going against the player. I hate it...
  • Couldn't agree more with the op. This raid has become an endless bore. Sure, you can experiment with different squads but the ones that do the most damage have mostly been discovered by now and too many players simply do not have those squads. Its far too restrictive. If being able to complete and farm Sith heroic is the direction this game is going in, then im not too optimistic about the future of a lot of the guilds and the game itself.
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    If I compare the raid with another game I started playing, Marvel Strike Force, it;s chalk and cheese. In the Sith raid it's an effort to put in a single team whereas on MSF we're all fighting to participate and counting down the time for energy to refresh so we can fight again and try and get a higher score.

I think the big issue with this raid is the duration of each phase for smaller/weaker guilds. If tier 1-6 were set up with all 3 of the Triumvirate characters (like phase 4) with massively boosted health and a straight 24 hour time limit and tiered rewards (MSF uses 30%,60% and 100%) I reckon it would be more fun.

My guild would still be in the same position of being unable to beat it but the attempts would be much quicker and progress much more noticeable which I think in turn would boost participation and reduce resentment.
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Finally finished Tier 1. Only took 7-8 weeks. The only phase I found enjoyable was P2. P3 was ok. Not looking forward to starting another one.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    I would hope CG will be willing to listen to the audience. Definitely a majority dislike the raid as it stands. I know there are a few that like it but those are a very small minority. If anything adjust the lower tiers of the raid. But overall opinion is that it sucks.
  • scoed1227
    22 posts Member
    I personally hate the sith raid and only make runs to help my guild. If you can't as a guild do a top tier then the rewards are a joke for the effort and time you put in. The game play isn't exciting and is so, so limited in what can even work. I think of it as a chore like doing dishes. I don't like it but i do like my guild so I do it to help them. If I got something worth my time or if I could mix it up a bit then it would be better. I wish it would just go away given it is nothing but a time sink with no rewards on the lower tiers.

But I guess those in uber guilds love it as it will net them a huge advantage in arena given how powerful Traya is and how the vast majority can't earn her shards. And there are those I guess that think it is fun. None of my friends do but I guess they exist. So I am not really advocating anything happen to it. I am just saying I hate it, and don't find it fun at all. To me it is nothing but a chore.
This discussion has been closed.