Sith raid - fatigue

Replies

• Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    I'm in a guild of 48 and we started tier 4 yesterday morning.

32/48 have hit as the others either don't bother or await phase two which is far easier. All this raid has done for officers and leaders is highlight those who aren't putting in the effort but then again, with the woeful rewards and annoying mechanics, it's hard to get too frustrated.

Look forward to the raid gear improvements but sadly the damage has been done. Motivating members daily has become a chore.

Fingers crossed the rewards outweigh the dull nature and we can get back to working as a guild again.
  • This raid is so boring. I’m surprised people still play it. You keep using the same teams cause nothing else works. And you have to do 5 boring fights each day. Every day. Again and again and again. And the rewards are terrible. Even if they give more it’s not worth it. A game is supposed to be fun, and this isn’t.
  • I have seen a number of plays quit the last few weeks... and most are getting burnt out. I couldn't figure why with the sith raid and the all that excitement. We, like many guilds are able to t6 in a pretty reasonable time frame... the rewards are total horse manure but otherwise it was good well.

So we completed it in about 4 or 5 resets.. then again .. and again.. and now we have gotten it down to within 4 resets. We tried heroic but not enough strong jtr teams... so we again did t6.. and again...

I'm starting to feel this same fatigue as the others.. and I realized what it is.... t6... it requires me to play 5 teams per day...

every day.

We immediately start it up again and then every day.. 5 fights.

It's the constant never ending same 5 fights per day pretty much.. and it's just not fun at all.

I know they are going to revamp rewards.. but that won't solve the issue. I dont care for a few more gold pieces.

I don't know what the solution is. Maybe you reward traya shards in t6. I know that won't be a popular idea but I don't know what the plan is to stop people from leaving.

Or just make it simmable.
    1 sim = 500k damage.

But seriously, It is so boring.
    I am in a 100M guild and we dont even bother T6, because half of the guild just posts 0dmg and dont participate.
    I myself only do about 4M.

When we feel we have burnt out in T5, we do a couple T4, which is refreshing.
    I feel the only Tier which is well tuned is T4.
    T5 is annoying T6 is even more annoying Heroic is just beyond imagination annoying.

The raid supposed to be hard not annoying.
  • Sith raid is by far the worst raid because the reward to effort ratio is trash. Why not just run through Heroic Rancor to get tokens and equipment? 30 minutes and you're done. Sith raid takes multiple days and everyone tries to avoid Phase 1. The rewards are just awful.
  • I'm in a fantastic guild that has done quite a few T6 raids but I am not feeling any love for this raid at all. They are working really hard towards doing a Heroic and some of them are achieving over 50 million points in T6 by the raids conclusion. I however am ranking around 20-30th with up to 10 million as I only auto my fights. I have over 3 million GP but am really starting to feel the pressure from my peers to learn the dynamics of each phase.

My fear is that I'm going to let them down and have to walk away from my friends after all this time. Maybe I'm being selfish and lazy but there's no way I can find or justify the time needed to learn the mechanics of this awful raid when there are so many other area's to concentrate on.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • I just want to reflect to the anwers we constantly get from the devs about a possible rework of the sith raid.

It is not Hard.
    Hard is when you need specific characters and follow a specific strategy and only with that you can make progress.
    However, in this raid, there is no such strategy, there is no special teams, it is just a normal AAT like raid, but with 10 times health pool.
    It is not much harder than AAT.
    That it is a bad concept, just increasing difficulty with annoyingly high Health pool.
    This results that many player feels that he gave nothing to the progress and will stop participating, because they feel themselves useless. They feel that the guild doesnt need their help, because they cant do more than 1% or they cant do over 1M dmg.
    This phenomenon undermines the guild effort and make it impossible to progress and to step up a tier.

(anyone who would argue that the ney mechanics made the raid hard, I say they only made it boring, because no matter what team you use the battle strategy will always be the same: p1 Survive annihilate, p2 Damage damage damage, p3 Stand alone and damage damage damage p4 try hard to damage damage damage)

This current system is grey, doesnt require any strategy, just a race against the time.
    Annoying in short.
    Annoying that you dont feel yourself useful
    Annoying when you see raid Han hit Sion to 6k critical.
    Annoying to try 10 times before you can make a team work you wanted to work.
    Annoying, when you try 10 times and then finally you make slightly over 1M damage
    Annoying when you do only the raidMeta teams, but they are not that effective as you thought
    Annoying to change the mods every time you try to be as effective as possible
    Annoying, that it takes the whole afternoon to use all of you tries.
    Annoying that it is all about JTR and who doesnt have her are practically unable to get the top rewards.
    Annoying to see the first two ranked guildmate doing 70% of the whole damage.
    Annoying to see half of the guild posting 0 dmg, because they have life. (I cant blame them)
    So annoying, that many only do it on auto, and want it to be simmable.

The difference between T4 and T5 is huge, While T4 is a place where we can make our teams work in 3 tries, these strategies are not working in T5 (and T6) just as they do in T4.

Please make it really hard, but not annoying.
  • Westvleteren12
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Game developers are supposed to be making engaging content. As you can see, this raid is having the opposite effect. Developers, if you are listening, instead of nerfing characters "for the long term health of the game" spend your time fixing this raid. Your whales may be paying your bills, but it's word of mouth from the large player base that attracts new players. When your player base disengages and quits, you're seeing the start of a death spiral. You need to take some quick action to fix this. Pilots are trained to watch for small indicators and fix things before they get out of hand. You guys should be doing the same. There is a warning light flashing right now. If you're not paying attention, you won't notice what damage has been done until it's too late.
  • I just want to reflect to the anwers we constantly get from the devs about a possible rework of the sith raid.

It is not Hard.
    Hard is when you need specific characters and follow a specific strategy and only with that you can make progress.
    However, in this raid, there is no such strategy, there is no special teams, it is just a normal AAT like raid, but with 10 times health pool.
    It is not much harder than AAT.
    That it is a bad concept, just increasing difficulty with annoyingly high Health pool.
    This results that many player feels that he gave nothing to the progress and will stop participating, because they feel themselves useless. They feel that the guild doesnt need their help, because they cant do more than 1% or they cant do over 1M dmg.
    This phenomenon undermines the guild effort and make it impossible to progress and to step up a tier.

(anyone who would argue that the ney mechanics made the raid hard, I say they only made it boring, because no matter what team you use the battle strategy will always be the same: p1 Survive annihilate, p2 Damage damage damage, p3 Stand alone and damage damage damage p4 try hard to damage damage damage)

This current system is grey, doesnt require any strategy, just a race against the time.
    Annoying in short.
    Annoying that you dont feel yourself useful
    Annoying when you see raid Han hit Sion to 6k critical.
    Annoying to try 10 times before you can make a team work you wanted to work.
    Annoying, when you try 10 times and then finally you make slightly over 1M damage
    Annoying when you do only the raidMeta teams, but they are not that effective as you thought
    Annoying to change the mods every time you try to be as effective as possible
    Annoying, that it takes the whole afternoon to use all of you tries.
    Annoying that it is all about JTR and who doesnt have her are practically unable to get the top rewards.
    Annoying to see the first two ranked guildmate doing 70% of the whole damage.
    Annoying to see half of the guild posting 0 dmg, because they have life. (I cant blame them)
    So annoying, that many only do it on auto, and want it to be simmable.

The difference between T4 and T5 is huge, While T4 is a place where we can make our teams work in 3 tries, these strategies are not working in T5 (and T6) just as they do in T4.

Please make it really hard, but not annoying.
    @First_but_66_Order
    you do realise your definition of hard makes STR hard?

P1: JTR, Thermal detonators, apparently magmatrooper? Farmboy also got some stuff going down but i m not sure how hard it is.
    P2: zzzzPhoniez, SRP Grandmaster Training, NS, FO
    P3: Chex mix
    P4: Nihilus: NS
    Sion: FO
    Traya: Kitchen Sink. No specific strategy. (i guess)

50% of the annoying stuff you mentioned is completely up to you. The devs dont make you shift mods, or retry the raid. I can tell you that my guild hasnt booted me for not doing so. That stuff is completely up to you whther you want to make it annoying or not.
  • There is a warning light flashing right now. If you're not paying attention, you won't notice what damage has been done until it's too late.

I totally agree.

I'm not a whinger - I love this game and think the creators and developers have done, and do, an amazing job.

But, look at the posts, on this thread - there is something wrong with the Sith raid. And I don't want that to negatively affect the game itself, or the players of it.

Because we all love it.

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i have teams that can do up to 2m (if i restart several times and wait for the perfect go), but after several raids i just don't care anymore and auto this nuissance for around 400-500k per fight, i don't like how they made it overcomplicated to prevent solo issues.
    the raid is plainly annoying as s*** and when you finaly cleared the mess up, you get garbage and some credits
  • I like the raid at 1st but it has fast got so boring and I mean really boring like going to the dentist fun. Every day same 5 fights for the same crap rewards and guildies have stopped paying attention to it besides a quick auto here or there. I know this is end game material but I have been playing for 2 years and I have end game toons but DN is simply impossible and p4 is complete redicoulus thar I usually just hit auto 5 times.
  • LaksonVell
    421 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The core of the STR hate is Nihilus. I am semi-engaged in the raid and try to avoid Nihilus phases. Why? Not because he is impossible, but because he is annoying. Annoying to the point of which I do not want to engage him. And the point of the raid is to be engaging.
    The issue as I see it, is that there is too much defensive power concentrated into Nihilus. He has prot drain, he has prot regen, both on a very high, close to absurd scale. He also has buff stealing comboed with dispel. He also has a instakill that, while it can be countered, results in a kill all the same unless your hero has a heal or a healer goes right after for the save. There is also no way to topple him. Maybe putting the buff steal on Traya sabers, and one of the prot mechanics on Sion, would fix a big problem of this raid.
    But one thing is certain. If Nihilus stays the way he is, people will keep being pushed away from this raid, and that is something that both sides want to avoid.
  • On heroic phase 3 is even more annoying than nihilus and the raid is no fun in general. The strategy is to restart for an hour until you get perfect rng.
  • My guild has been doing t7. I hate it and it's killing this game for me. For first time in two years I no longer care at all about arena rank or actually logging in anymore. The amount of Rng in this raid and arena now is boring and no different than a slot machine. I'm done wasting my time retreating for better Rng or hoping my TM luck is better than the other team in arena. I used to love this game but now it's not fun to log in.
    Please fix and add the fun factor into game.
  • I've stopped retreating. I can't bother anymore. I don't wanna do 30 fights a day.

This is the first morning I didnt wake up and immediately log in to play the raid . It felt good.

Nihilus is the biggest issue in both phases. A good start is taking away his protection regeneration. At least that way you can auto it and not get 0.

But that won't be enough .. like others have said it's so long and boring it needs a much bigger overhaul.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Swaie2004 wrote: »
    I like the raid at 1st but it has fast got so boring and I mean really boring like going to the dentist fun. Every day same 5 fights for the same **** rewards and guildies have stopped paying attention to it besides a quick auto here or there. I know this is end game material but I have been playing for 2 years and I have end game toons but DN is simply impossible and p4 is complete redicoulus thar I usually just hit auto 5 times.

Pretty much this.

We are a 125m guild, and having stabs at hSith, but aren't quite there yet. When we were in a similar spot with hAAT, normal AAT was a fairly easy raid. Phase 1 was a bit frustrating, but send in jedis and it was over quickly. Then p2 was quick and p3 was difficult again. P4 then took some time. All in all, it took us 1 or 2 refreshes and nobody really got bored: the rewards were crappy, but it didn't take much effort and you could really send in lots of different teams (at least for p2 anp4) and do reasonably.

Sith T6: p1 is ok if you have JTR and excruciatingly awful if you don't. P2 and P3 are ok. P4 is about as fun as jabbing rusty nails into your eyeballs, regardless of what teams you have. And all in all, people just don't want to do it, meaning that what should take us 3-4 resets (and did at the start) now takes us 5-6 resets, and will probably only get worse as less and less people give a fancy kitten about it.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I'll simply just say that I echo the majority on this thread
  • I don't understand why the non heroic raids have such an insane amount of health. The lower rewards should be punishment enough for being in a non heroic guild.
  • When you see "We don't care about the sith raid" guilds start showing up, you know it's getting bad.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Wow, apparently I'm the only one here who thinks the raid is fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • When you see "We don't care about the sith raid" guilds start showing up, you know it's getting bad.

there are/were also "we dont care about TW groups" and "we dont care TB (DS)" guilds. does that mean that all these gamemodes are lost causes?
  • Completely agree.
    My Guild still plays tier IV: we clear it in 2,5 days so we have some "sith raid-free" days.
    I don't like at all the days with the sith raid (of course phase 1 is a cry), so I'm not much interested in ranking,
    I'm happier when I wake up and find a message with the rewards beacuse my guildmates have finished it overnight: I lost my last 5 tries but it's a relief....
  • Our 120M GP guild disbanded because of the grind and burnout. The Sith raid wasn't the sole reason, but it was the final straw. Contributing to a guild in this game is work. Raids and events are only fun the first few play-throughs and after are just tedium and seriously un-fun. The officers finally just gave up on keeping everyone interested and actively involved.
  • Guild leaders need to start taking responsibility for some of the burnout their players are experiencing. Think about it for a minute. If you're forcing your guild (or if your leadership is forcing the guild) to constantly run STR, that's bad leadership and of course people are going to get burned out.

Here's some advice, if you can clear T5 but you have to run them back to back to back to back. Do 2 T5s, then do 2 T3s, and give your guild a little break. You don't need to do the max possible difficulty every time.

They already said they're increasing rewards in the raid, so once the content update comes out maybe it'll make this strategy a little more appealing to those that are saying "I hate this raid, but I'll only do the max difficulty".

Me and my guild really like this raid and we are seeing a lot of progression. We're not a serious guild. We run raids in a way that prevents burnout. I hope those of you that are officers in your guild adopt a similar strategy.
  • Traybor wrote: »
    Our 120M GP guild disbanded because of the grind and burnout. The Sith raid wasn't the sole reason, but it was the final straw. Contributing to a guild in this game is work. Raids and events are only fun the first few play-throughs and after are just tedium and seriously un-fun. The officers finally just gave up on keeping everyone interested and actively involved.

You're not the only guild I know of a 120 million guild who blew up last week because of it
  • I'm very much looking forward to the revamped rewards but all that will do is make the pain slightly more worth it. But it will do nothing to make the raid enjoyable.
  • IMHO, the raid isn't fun (the Nihilus parts anyway) and improving the rewards won't help that. If anything it'll make it worse if the rewards are good enough that they're needed to keep up with the curve: more guilds will do more Sith raids, meaning misery for the officers cracking the whip to get guildmembers to do it, and misery for players forcing themselves to do it for the rewards and duty to their guild.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    IMHO, the raid isn't fun (the Nihilus parts anyway) and improving the rewards won't help that. If anything it'll make it worse if the rewards are good enough that they're needed to keep up with the curve: more guilds will do more Sith raids, meaning misery for the officers cracking the whip to get guildmembers to do it, and misery for players forcing themselves to do it for the rewards and duty to their guild.

These people need to find new guilds then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I disagree with most of you. Its not that bad.. once many of you have the gear, zetas and characters needed.. you will be farming HSith like you farm Haat. Just give it time. This raid is not supposed to be "easy"
  • Nihl is annoying, but i really enjoy the mechanics of the fight, i just hate how often i have to retreat. I have noticed the fatigue too, and i equate it to back to back launches. Tickets allowing, I've started to wait a day or two before i relaunch it just to give our guild a breather.
This discussion has been closed.