Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Jooms wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are the only ones complaining about the Sith rewards selfish people in top guilds doing heroic.

I'm leader of a 75 mil gp guild doing tier4 (only because we don't want to spend 94 weeks doing anything higher) and i am excited that that even the lower guys can get the same gear boxes as top finishers. As i see it, it only helps our entire guild get better, not just the top 3 finishers. Top finishes get more currency, even better....Also helps that noone in our guild cares about the Sith raid.

Look at the old HSith rewards for Rank 50. Still WAY better than the new Rank 1 rewards.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    Does anyone have a job where they could consistently perform this poorly, make this many sizable mistakes, had to spend this much time on corrections, and consistently angered your customers? Would you wonder about your boss if they didn’t fire you?

asking for a friend…

Welcome to the wonderful world of enterpise level software development.

We... I mean...My friend does large scale software deployments (with some level of development)... we'd have to close our doors if we continuously operated this way

As do I, and for a fortune 500 company. Each deployment usually has something that requires remediation. The QA and UAT teams can't catch everything. The result is similar to what we are seeing here, but with more professionalism considering the clients involved are far different than gamers. The PM and BA usually are on conference calls outlining a plan to correct, a patch is developed and tested, and pushed through. We communicate with the clients, and they would communicate with their customers.

I have yet to see a release in my 23 years in the industry that didn't have require some patch or adjustment.

*Shrugs*
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Feel for those who have had their drops significantly reduced. I would probably be there with you guys except I don't participate in the Sith Raid outside of auto regging a score.

So strictly from my pov, thanks CG for giving me better rewards for not participating.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    By the way...i just realised achievment rewards for completing Thrawn Mythic Event. It's 50 crystals (i don't care about this, but i think IT should be slightly more) and...10 blueprints for Ghost and Phantom...but u first need have them at 7* and complete legendary to even participate in Mythic so my only reaction was...****?
    Those are for the Mythic Thrawn event, not Chimaera (which does not at this point have a Mythic). Though they will probably just be shard shop currency for a lot of people anyway. But eh, that's been most of the Mythic achievements, aside from that first one for BB-8 that gave out a zeta mat.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or are the only ones complaining about the Sith rewards selfish people in top guilds doing heroic.

I'm leader of a 75 mil gp guild doing tier4 (only because we don't want to spend 94 weeks doing anything higher) and i am excited that that even the lower guys can get the same gear boxes as top finishers. As i see it, it only helps our entire guild get better, not just the top 3 finishers. Top finishes get more currency, even better....Also helps that noone in our guild cares about the Sith raid.

the reason why your guild sucks is because they have leadership like you!

• Options
    I just want to thank CG for screwing up yet another thing that didn't need to be fixed. Our guild is trying to get heoric going and after seeing this post one of our top damage dealers posted in our Discord server that the rewards now make all the effort not seem worth it. I appreciate the way CG motivates their player base. This just made the jump to heoric seem totally useless. Way to go!!
  • Options
    Mctweet: is this a joke? We are the April Fools
  • Options
    You've nerfed everything with this new Sith Raid from toons, teams and now rewards. You know, the things that help your player base. Great Raid rollout. Cool strategy CG. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to your in-game chat updates. Do we need to use crystals for it to work?
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Look at the old HSith rewards for Rank 50. Still WAY better than the new Rank 1 rewards.

I expected some kind of haircut when they said rewards would be flattened ..but they straight up drooped a nuke on them. You can't even call this a nerf...there has to be some much stronger word.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @CG_Carrie - it might be a good idea to go through this thread and just take a peek at the "joined" dates of the players that upset with this nerf. You might also want to cross reference that information with their player IDs and amount spent supporting this game.

If you don't have the time or inclination - most of those of us who find this disturbing have been loyal customers and posters for 2+ years - many since launch.

ETA : I am also fairly certain that you will be hearing from "top guilds" directly soon. But "soon" in the traditional sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

I expected some kind of haircut when they said rewards would be flattened ..but they straight up drooped a nuke on them. You can't even call this a nerf...there has to be some much stronger word.

Someone posted a gif a few pages back that I think gets at it. :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I do understand why they are doing this nerf. The rewards were just great. This is what I do not understand:
    1. Why they started giving those rewards on the 1st place?, if we had the current rewards from day 1, nobody would be disappointed.
    2. Why they said we will be happy with the new rewards? I just do not get it. We are doing Heroic, so I cannot say anything about the other tiers, but new heroic rewards are pretty, pretty bad, compared on the old rewards.
    3. When you give a service or sell a product, you never take away something that you already giving. This does not make sense at all either.
  • Options
    The best thing about this Raid was the rewards. And why should player 45 get the same rewards as the top 5? I'd gladly take the old rewards at rank 50 everytime instead of this garbage. Such a joke.
  • Options
    I have only received rewards from the heroic Sith raid once, but my rank 15 rewards were light years better than the post nerf posts for rank 1 that I have seen. For those of you that say the extra currency makes up the difference? I'm guessing math wasn't your strong suit. Losing just one crafted g12+ piece every raid and replacing it with enough extra currency (about 500 guild event currency for 1st place) to build one g12+ piece every 6-8 raids? And that doesn't take into account the other g12+ salvage no longer awarded. My math is pretty unhappy about now...
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    I do understand why they are doing this nerf. The rewards were just great. This is what I do not understand:
    1. Why they started giving those rewards on the 1st place?, if we had the current rewards from day 1, nobody would be disappointed.
    2. Why they said we will be happy with the new rewards? I just do not get it. We are doing Heroic, so I cannot say anything about the other tiers, but new heroic rewards are pretty, pretty bad, compared on the old rewards.
    3. When you give a service or sell a product, you never take away something that you already giving. This does not make sense at all either.

Point 3 is something I actually agree with. If you remove something, in general you want to replace it with something that the customer would value equally.
  • Options

If we had those rewards since day, no one would have rushed and geared to farm heroics. ($$$$)
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I mean who has confidence this is a glitch in the patch that will get fixed? I don’t. I suspect a WAI post from CG before the day is out. One step forwards, two backwards should be SWGOH’s motto.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    We just need to stop asking for stuff.

US: Give us a simple TW Tiebreaker.
    Them: Ok, here's a convoluted formula that will act as a tiebreaker and make the mode more time consuming.

US: Give is a new raid. HAAT is boring.
    Them: Here you go, this one can be boring from the get go so this way you won't ever yearn for the fun it brought on first release.

US: Remove challenge gear from raids.
    Them: Oh we're going to remove it alright, we're going to remove its brains out.

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    If these rewards for Heroic stay, and the guilds currently tackling the hSTR are displeased enough to stop aggressively pursuing completion, this will have a curious impact on the later distribution of unlocked Trayas.

Playing devil's advocate, Tier VI and lower guilds may find themselves in better shape by the time they unlock her than they would otherwise.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    If these rewards for Heroic stay, and the guilds currently tackling the hSTR are displeased enough to stop aggressively pursuing completion, this will have a curious impact on the later distribution of unlocked Trayas.

Playing devil's advocate, Tier VI and lower guilds may find themselves in better shape by the time they unlock her than they would otherwise.

No, the HSith guilds will still get Traya ASAP. They just might need to fill in their guild ranks a bit if the fallout is what it's looking like. And with many of the veteran whales shutting their wallets, CG might have to do the same.

• GustaWSpartA
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    By the way...i just realised achievment rewards for completing Thrawn Mythic Event. It's 50 crystals (i don't care about this, but i think IT should be slightly more) and...10 blueprints for Ghost and Phantom...but u first need have them at 7* and complete legendary to even participate in Mythic so my only reaction was...****?

This is incorrect. The Mythic battle is tied to the Thrawn (character) legendary event, not the Chimaera legendary event. You need ships for Chimaera, not Thrawn.

However, I agree it's an odd choice of reward, as most people will been farming/have farmed the Phoenix ships at the same time. BB8's Mythic rewards were much more useful.

FKS with me, i should sleep under cantina with consular, cuz I'm blind **** on this moment.
    U are fully right with it, however at least rewards should be highlighted. Those 20 blueprints are worth...2k fleet currency = 2 days or even less. And it's rather good price especially under 85 lvl/or u just want them fast rather than slowly farming them on hard modes. Multiple amount of blueprints x10 - and at least it will be somewhat worthy effort. Otherwise it's like new heroic rewards...
  • Options
    People can't voice their complaints without vitriol and insults? This has got to be one of the most toxic communities next to Destiny. They haven't even finished with all the changes they are making, and they got rid of challenge gear. Patience is a virtue, and it seems the majority of this community is not so virtuous. @CG_Kozispoon - Now I can see why you were "condescending" and "sarcastic". It's the only way you can talk to these people. Its been less than 1 day, and people are throwing fits. Devs are humans too, and if you treated them as such, maybe you would get MORE out of your complaints.
  • Skywalker76
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I want to ask respectfuly to our CGs to reconsider this Huge Nerf to the sith raid rewards. People
    Are spending a lot on gear, crystals packs, omegas etc for this raid specifically. The rewards system you had in place were somehow fair for what it takes and frecuency of the raid ( 2 times per week ) put it as it was because if you leave it like this everybody is just going to log a 0 or just stop
    Participating.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    uxhzijrebhg6.png
    k6408mnibp56.gif
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    I may be wrong, so please help me out on this. I am not a frequent top 10 raider, but it looks to me like the gold box for top 3 has been removed and all other boxes have been equalized to the previous rank 1 box? In the spirit of heroic being possible only by all 50 members of a guild performing more or less equally? Kinda like a unintended fix or somebody getting that sweet 5% extra on P4?
    The new loot table has been out for 1 hour and everyone + their granma is already going ape on it because their drops are subpar? For 1 payout?
    CG dev post states that all rewards are up by aprox 20%. ALL rewards. Also challenge gear has been removed. Has this not been the loudest cry?
    I have lost a lot of faith in CG after the recent few fiascos. But I do not see this as their fault. More like people being unhappy because rewards are being redistributed a lot more evenly, thus appearing to be lower.

The rewards haven’t been increased by 20% across the board. That is an outright lie. The only thing increased by 20% was maybe the currency drops. And that doesn’t make much of a difference when the gear had been decreased by about 500%.
  • Options
    Just traded in my 30th* place Heroic Sith guild store currency for 10 stun cuff salvage and 10 mk8 implant salvage. #winning

* OMG yes I know I am terrible, my guild carries me
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

No, the HSith guilds will still get Traya ASAP. They just might need to fill in their guild ranks a bit if the fallout is what it's looking like. And with many of the veteran whales shutting their wallets, CG might have to do the same.

And if we have to "fill in the ranks" like Nikoms says, guess where we are getting players from? Which means it takes you longer to get heroic on farm.

• Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    uxhzijrebhg6.png
    k6408mnibp56.gif

You've outdone yourself CG! Mind blowing!

• Options
    the producers posted something about pve table for ships and that shipbatlles and/or fights will be changed...

the next nerf is incoming "soon"