Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• OdinOakenshield
    306 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kodimus wrote: »
    You guys are missing the fact you can buy the salvage you want with the extra guild tokens/event tokens.

@Kodimus did you do the math? 600 more Get is not even 10 salvage, way less than the offset in gear. Guild currency enough for a whopping 20 cuffs. That is just bad promotion after all that talk. And thats for first, its even worse as you go down
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    There's 0 incentive to actually participate in the raid outside of Traya. This CANNOT be what they intend to do here.

Let's just call a spade a spade @CG_Leviathan - you guys were displeased people had the raid on farm as fast as they did and decided to nerf the rewards for it. And nerf you did - you blasted them to oblivion. People are getting a single "g12 salvage kit" and then a bunch of stuff that's regularly and easily farmable elsewhere.

This makes other games like Marvel Strikeforce look a whole lot better in comparison.....
  • SippinOn100Proof
    64 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Does this mean the HAAT and Rancor raid reward fixes will remove X amount of non-challenge gear from our inventory? That's roughly the equivalent of this fix, for those respective raids.
  • Options
    Those rewards are not an improvement, even with the increased currency. I'd rather get one bunch of rewards like they were, than having to wait 6 hours at every refresh to MAYBE buy what I need.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are missing the fact you can buy the salvage you want with the extra guild tokens/event tokens.

No you can’t. The increase in currency didn’t come close to what’s lost. Not even by a long shot. Losing the fully crafted drops was worth 5600 currency alone. Then there was a good chance of getting more than 1 fully crafted plus tons of other gear. It would take at least an increase of about 10k currency to begin to cover the loss. Don’t try to spin it. This was a huge slap in the face. Again.

• Options
    What their note should have said was that instead of making them more equal, they've determined that Heroic sith rewards are good causing people to spend less $ so we're nerfing them...
  • Options
    Are we supposed to buy all the G12.5 gear in a shop now? Or what do you expect us to do with these...? Did you accidentaly remove all the good gear when removing all the challenge gear you accidentaly put there in the first place? Sith raid heroic was a massive time and effort investment for our guilds and now you present us with THIS!?

"With the flattening of raid rewards, top ranking players (particularly in the Heroic) may see lower drop rates of fully crafted gear pieces"

Right..
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

520 more guild event store tokens and 1475 more guild store tokens for 1st place.
    can't buy alot of gear with that, but atleast it's not RNG dependant.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The changes to the Ground War is complete kitten. If you want to remove a faction to ad Jedi, you would of course remove Ewoks. Removing the only hope of clearing the mythic tier before a Jedi rework. Thanks CG.

#wouldof
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @CG_Carrie are the rewards we've seen so far what is intended to be the new rewards? On the whole, what we've seen so far seems far worse than even a lower tier box (rank 31-50) in the previous iteration of rewards.

Speaking about the heroic tier
  • Options
    The new heroic sith rewards are AWFUL. Upping the currency by such a piddly amount does nothing. No one was complaining about the heroic sith rewards. We were all very happy with them. Way to ruin the experience of your top end playerbase. Get a clue!!

This is an absolute joke of an update. The devs should be ashamed of themselves. I can't believe the lack of connection that they have with the community.
  • Abysmal_Void
    75 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The update notes indicate that the stores would be improved IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS. That's too far for the kitten we'll be getting until then.
    You should have at least improved the stores right away.
    And I think the community would agree that by improving, we only asked you to remove the challenge gears we already have tons of...
  • Options
    'member how when Ground War started, and everyone knew it was a blatant forcing of farming Resistance and Ewoks?

The North Remembers.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @CG_Carrie you and your team should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. I dont think you can recover from this. You spew all this stuff to earn yourself goodwill with the players and then destroy it all in one ignorant NERF to the one good thing this game had going for it - Rewards worth playing for. And on top of all that, you tried to sell us that the Rewards were an IMPROVEMENT...

You might as well just disappear from the forums altogether because we cant trust anything you or your team say, ever.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    And I think the community would agree that by improving, we only asked you to remove the challenge gears we already have tons of...

This was the bit I didn't understand. The only complaints about rewards in all raids has been the presence of challenge gear. There was no need to mess about with any other aspect of the rewards.

• Options
    So you make ground war even harder? I’ve beaten that boring battle countless times with resistance. Must have been “too easy” for your guys likes. Should have added a sim to these battles.... taking away our shards for shard shop.
  • Ace97302
    182 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie are the rewards we've seen so far what is intended to be the new rewards? On the whole, what we've seen so far seems far worse than even a lower tier box (rank 31-50) in the previous iteration of rewards.

Speaking about the heroic tier

@CG_Carrie - If these rewards are not intended (e.g., the T7 gear looks like it should be T4 or less), please let us know ASAP. We could really use some good news for our guilds.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It's a shame @CG_Carrie and Tophat have been spending all that time doing interviews, trying to convince players the game was improving... CG, you were on a knife's edge after you nerfed STHan and expose... but it looked like you were going to pull through... now you straight up lie to the entire player base to push a nerf that is arguably much worse than the last one.

The reward change is no big deal for t1-t6 of the STR, but for heroic, it's crushing. I listened to your interviews, and you repeated constantly how you wanted players to aspire to end game content... what you did today makes that whole line of reasoning absurd... aspire to what now?
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I don't think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I haven't seen any challenge gear in those pictures, and we don't have enough finished raids for statistical relevance. It's quite possibly bad luck.

Not to mention the fact that the increased currency is supposed to offset the loss in gear. There will be changes in the coming weeks to guild store and guild event store, to help offset the change for top players. In my opinion, that's a great change I'm looking forward to.

People need to calm down.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    unless the stores are "improved" with much lower prices and much higher quality of gear (which we know won't be the case) - then it's not the wash (of the "offset") that they're claiming.

Fact is - the increase in currency (which only appears to be an increase in currency for the top ranks, it goes significantly down for lower ranks) does NOTHING to alleviate the gear grind (due to the high cost and low quantity for G12 gear in the Guild Events Store).

Again, let's call a spade a spade. This is the devs nerfing raid rewards to create a gear wall and try to promote spending of crystals to get gear in the Shipments store.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    Options
    This is so underhanded and sleazy that it's almost comical. They knew that the T7 rewards were way too generous and would eventually break the endgame to some extent. So instead of just owning up to that and taking the PR hit that would come with the nerf, they celebrate themselves for a couple weeks and bask in the limelight of being 'more open and communicative'. Then they unleash what is realistically the largest nerf in the history of this game. These new rewards aren't even a 10th of what they were.

Go stand in the corner CG, you should be ashamed.

Then again, with the quality of their playtesting....this could all just be a another bug....LOL
  • Options
    hahahahahahahahaha way to make the herioc sith rewards about 100 times worse then they where i guess a tiger never changes its stripes
  • Options
    @CG_Leviathan cheers for the nerf to ground war, with this switch I and i'm sure many others will not even be able to complete tier 1. You claim this is all for "canon compliance" but if this was true why would you make it just jedi? You have a galactic republic tag which would have made a lot more sense to use and then people like me who really couldnt care less about the jedi faction may have an actual chance of completing it. Plus you kept the ewoks and ugnaughts there, how on earth is that canon compliant..
  • Options
    Absolutely pathetic.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Corrog wrote: »

I agree, but that's not how this place works. If you don't use your pitchforks and torches immediately, you can't win the internet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I haven't seen any challenge gear in those pictures, and we don't have enough finished raids for statistical relevance. It's quite possibly bad luck.

Not to mention the fact that the increased currency is supposed to offset the loss in gear. There will be changes in the coming weeks to guild store and guild event store, to help offset the change for top players. In my opinion, that's a great change I'm looking forward to.

@Corrog have you completed one heroic sith raid before the change?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    R0n_Sn0w wrote: »
    Jeric wrote: »
    R0n_Sn0w wrote: »
    image.png

This is disgustingly low compared to what it was earlier. It feels like a massive setback to the heroic guilds.

For you yes. Should be a step up for others in your guild.

No Jeric, even the rewards at rank 50 before the nerf were much better than these post-nerf rewards.

So your currency decreased in the new HSTR adjustments?
  • Options
    It is from my understanding that by "flattened" they meant to reward the same number of gears to every player. In the following pictures, both 4th place and 39th place have exactly 10/10/8/8 pieces.
    sUvpeFg.jpg
    PpFHdzI.jpg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Jeric wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    What I'm more worried about is people putting in even more "0"s in all tiers but heroic.

Yeah, I'm not sure this was a good move. The STR is already having a huge problem with people not putting in any effort (because it's not fun at all), and the new reward system only encourages more people to not put in any effort it. At this point, it's REALLY not worth the chore of trying to do damage.

And on the other hand, I'm not going to place in the top 10 in my guild so ... this works out great for me and others in the mid to low end of their guild. :)

No it doesn't. 20/20 have reported in with pics in that guild. None have gotten a full piece. That is an extreme nerf to the drops. We were getting 35+ people getting fulls in every raid we had completed so far (around 10 or 11 total). This is a nerf.

Wow. Seriously - just...wow. Yep, total nerf. No way around it. Way to reward the whales and long term players. Take away the one thing worth working toward. Wow.

This is EXTREMELY disappointing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ground War:
    Changed event allowed units to: Jedi, Ewoks, Ugnaught

Why not Clones?