Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Rather easy beatable with Hk(l), Ig88, r2, bb, chopper team.
    However it seams bb zeta on assist attack isn’t working in this event.

He only calls resistance allies to assist.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is resistance.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wootus
    85 posts Member
    Options
    This event's mythic tier is great! It reminds me not to spend any more money on this game.

If you can't beat it with a fully G12, multiple Zeta and almost maxed speed mods team, it is **** game design, trying to get you to spend money to "improve". You can argue all you want. It's ****. *shrug*
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Wootus wrote: »
    This event's mythic tier is great! It reminds me not to spend any more money on this game.

If you can't beat it with a fully G12, multiple Zeta and almost maxed speed mods team, it is **** game design, trying to get you to spend money to "improve". You can argue all you want. It's ****. *shrug*

I beat it last time with a mostly g11 squad and only a zeta on EP lead, and far from the best mods. Everyone was g12 this time around, but you certainly don't need a completely maxed squad to beat it. I used EP, DV, GMT, Thrawn, Shore.

Edit: I'm not completely f2p, but haven't spent anything in months. My total spending averages to about $10 a month.
  • Options
    0g16i6c0wdh2.png
    No problem
  • Options

Beat it with all 5 standing with the following:

EP
    Thrawn
    Vader
    R2
    Tarkin

All G12 and all zeta'd. Easy peazy.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Palpi g11 lead, vader g11, tarkin g10, thrawn g9 and bb8 g12. I beat it easily. Only bb8 has zeta.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn lead (zeta on unique), Zader, Zpalp, Bb8 (zeta) and ZZR2. Not the most optimal team but it’s fun and makes me strategize. That droid team only work if you have his protocol omega’d To give him an auto taunt at the start and I don’t want to waste 5 omegas for it.
  • Options
    Since my Vader and Palp are un-zeta'd/meh I used g12Thrawn leader(both zetas), g11StormTrooper, g10Veers(zeta'd), and g10 Snowtrooper & bb8. Making sure illuminated destiny is available for the last tier made it possible.
  • Jesse36
    65 posts Member
    Options
    this isn’t a hard event. I beat it easily with zEP lead, zthrawn, Vader, Tarkin, bb8. Gear from 10 to 12.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Just did Imperial Troopers with Thrawn. Fractured elder on the last one, and killed him. Then picked them off one by one.
  • Options
    G12 zzEP, G12 Vader, G12 Thrawn, G10 Tarkin, G10 Shore. Easy if you know what you're doing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    droids ftw
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • DarkGod
    38 posts Member
    Options
    qf4q55ghmzq7.jpeg

It's not a job. It's an easy stage of a game.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

I always use
    ZVeers, Thrawn, ZStarck, Shoretrooper, Bb8
  • Options
    Hk-47 g8 (L), ig-88 g10, bb-8 & r2-d2 g12 double zeta, thrawn g12 unique zeta.
    Have illuminated destiny ready to use, fracture paploo or wicket, kill elder, then finish it off.
    That's the team that works for me,
    I quite like that that there different combos of toons that can beat it.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I beat it with Palp (L),Tarkin, Thrawn (gear 11) vader (gear 10) and bb8. I only had bb8 zetad but his zeta isn’t useful since I didn’t use any other resistance toons. It is a really hard event but absolutely manageable with the right strategy.
  • Options
    I did it with zpalpa g10 zzvader g12 tie pilot g12 thrawn g12 tarkin g8 (yesterday, today g9) quite easily, last stage won thanks the tie pilot special...
  • Options

"This extremely difficult event that is meant for end-game players is a joke! They expect me to have end-game gear and end-game upgrades to be able to defeat it!!!"

If you can't beat it, use it as a learning experience.. Either you're not using the right strategy, or your characters aren't levelled up enough. I wasn't able to beat it originally but I watched some videos on it and geared up my characters.... Now I can beat it without any problems.

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Beat the bonus tier with a "good yet not awesome" Empire team:
    ZVader as leader, g11
    ZThrawn, g12
    ZVeers, g11
    Shoretrooper, g11
    Snowtrooper, g11

Shoretrooper took most of the hits in the last round but his ability to prevent critical hit combined to the bonus defense ability the event grants us and Thrawn's protection regen make him a formidable wall those angry ewoks can't bring down
  • Options

You're probably doing it wrong. It's not that hard if you actually pay attention to the mechanics.
    Zader lead, apply DOTs on final battle ewoks, and they kill themselves with all the turns they take. They do very little damage per hit, so you can keep your protection up with Thrawn. I used Zader, EP, Thrawn, BB8, Deathrooper (g11/12, mods for ~70-100 speed). Manage your turn meter on phase 7 so your BB8 goes before the ewoks and use ID and your entire team goes first last stage. Just make sure you kill the elder first as he will revive the entire team when he dies.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this team yet, but I just finished the Mythic Tier with NO ZETAS needed:

Palpatine (lead) - G11, no zetas, 183 speed
    Thrawn - G12, no zetas, 242 speed
    BB-8 - G12, Roll with the Punches zeta, but it can't be used with this team, 250 speed
    Shoretrooper, G11, 163 speed
    Royal Guard, G9, 131 speed (no, these aren't typos)

tl:dr: My strategy was to keep Shoretrooper soaking up all of the damage.

UPDATE: If reading the details below isn't your thing, I also posted a YouTube video: https://youtu.be/8kAhRl7IN2Y -- hopefully I bleeped out all of the swearing!

Details:

Shore always taunts with Regroup, which also gives himself critical hit immunity, which is essential to preventing him from being overrun.

Thrawn uses Grand Admiral's Command to restore 40% protection and 100% turn meter to Shore.

Royal Guard is there in case Shore gets low on health -- he will split the incoming attacks, giving Shore a shot at surviving until he can be healed. RG also gives everyone defense up and health restoration (but it's mainly for Shore). He also stuns from time to time, which further reduces incoming damage to Shore.

Palp is there for offense and mass stun, but he didn't really seem essential; you might also be able to use Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, etc.

BB-8 will need Illuminated Destiny to pop in the last stage a.s.a.p. Before that, you can mix it up: use him on offense to take out an Ewok Scout when you can, but when you have all of the Scouts and Elders stunned or dead, you can use Covert Data Transfer to provide Secret Intel to reduce Illuminated Destiny's cooldown. A bonus of Secret Intel along the way is the potency boost, which helps RG and Palp to stun more often.

You have to fracture Teebo on Stage 4, of course, and RG provides a little insurance to that with speed down. When wailing on Teebo, Thrawn will be able to give 1 or 2 rounds of protection to Shore before the end of that battle, which you will need if RNG screws you at the start of round 5; the round 5 scouts could otherwise easily take out Shore. You'll need to slow down near the end of round 7 to ensure that Shore has a fresh dose of protection before entering the final stage, preferably with GA Command being ready to go again. RG and Palp's stuns will help you slow down, as will having BB-8 use Covert DT. You can also use Defend to stall further before starting round 8, although I didn't.

At the start of round 8, Shore will take a pounding due to a ton of Ewok turns, but you have multiple characters that can start to get him back to safety: himself (for heal and crit immunity), Thrawn (extra protection), RG (health up and defense up), or BB-8 (speed up via Illuminated Destiny, which should trigger one of the others) -- decent insurance against bad RNG. At no point did I use the special "Defend" command, and that actually screws things up if you try to use it on Shore, as it may allow his taunt to clear, which is not good. You have to fracture Paploo since he'll keep taunting. This will give you time to take out Ewok Elder (when I did it, he revived Wicket as soon as I took him out). Illuminated Destiny's speed boost is essential here -- you can get to this round in good shape w/o BB-8, but without speed, the Ewoks overwhelmed my ability keep Shore alive. Maybe a Tarkin lead could have accomplished this instead, but Illuminated Destiny's damage boost also made a big difference. Once Elder is done, you can finish off Paploo (whose taunts are annoying) or Logray (who can also clear RG's taunt, so he's also good to fracture at this point). Wicket is also pretty quick to take out. I left Chirpa for last.

Side Note: This team can complete but *not* always auto the Bonus Tier because Thrawn will sometimes use Fracture when GA Command is available, or he may use GA Command on someone else who doesn't have much protection instead of Shore. (I use Droids to auto the Bonus Tier and below.)

Hope this helps someone!
    ...also phaserbrain on YouTube and Twitch, but phaser_brain on reddit; 612-693-174
  • Options
    All you need is death trooper and bb8. The rest doesn’t matter. Imperial troopers, palpatine, you pick. Load illuminated destiny so it’s ready to pop on phase 8, kill the weakest character first, then use deathmark to destroy the bosses.
  • Options
    I beat it with imperial troopers . Just give best speed mods to snowtrooper and he wipes the ewoks out
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I ran a hybrid empire/droid team to beat it.

IZ88 lead G12, zzR2D2 G12, zzBB8 G12, zzThrawn G12, zDeathtrooper G12. Beat it first try.
  • Options
    Beat it with this:

Palps 11 (leader zetad)
    Thrawn 12 (ebb and flow z)
    Tarkin 10
    Vader 11
    R2 10

Fractured Paploo as often as possible. Took out Ewok Elder, then went to work on the rest finishing Paploo last. Needed some RNG and Thrawn cant go down since he gives Prot to whoever needs it.
  • Options
    Beat it with

G12 Double zeta EP Lead, G12 Thrawn (unique zeta), G12 Vader (no zetas), G9 Tarkin and Deathrooper (no zetas).

Took a few tries.
  • Crysis
    5 posts Member
    Options
    I auto this with my Droids. HK lead, both IG Droids, R2(zNumber Crunch), and BB-8(zRoll). Only BB and R2 are G12. The rest are G11.
  • Options
    Palp g11 (zz) Leader
    Vader g12(zz)
    Thrawn g12 (_z)
    Veers g11 (z)
    Deathtrooper (_)

All +200 Mods (sec. Speed)

Phase 1 is to survive, also 4, if not restart. This
    is RNG dependent.
    Save up the upmost specials for 8/8 and keep your
    Toons boosted with the Event abillity, unlike
    in other Events this is here not of disadvantage,
    but helping you to 3☆ it, if you fail without using
    that abillity.
  • Options
    I just want to slap the hell outof whoever thought it was ok to keep everything so slow. I can 3 star the event but it's asinine to have to sit there and watch the computer play with itself. Just FF the Ewoks already. Sooooo annoying having to watch them take their turns for 30 seconds.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    If you have tarkin the damage increase for his aoe stacks between phases in assault battles. If you dont use his aoe for 7 phases it becomes a nuke in phase 8.

For me it left the entire team with no protection and the generic guys with low health.

Kill elder then the generics and its 5 on 3. Fracture logray to end daze and you are sailing.

That was really helpful. Totally forgot about Tarkin.