Forest Moon Mythic Tier [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Rui99 wrote: »
    I reach wave 8 with full HP and full protection. Then I can’t kill a single murder bear because they get 3-4 turns each before I get 1 turn then 3-4 turns each again before my 2nd unit gets to go.

Yes. Exactly the same that happens to me. Not a huge amount of fun is it lol!

:smiley:

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    pNMGGn3.png

I beated it with troopers. I just lost my shoretrooper at the end
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    zzVader, Palp, zThrawn, Tarkin and TFP
    their fast speed was their dead :smile:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    pNMGGn3.png

I beated it with troopers also. Lost shoretrooper at the end. I killed elder first then wicket at the last stage
  • Options
    Don't mean this to be another smarmy 'I did it and it was easy' post, hoping someone might find this helpful.

G10 zEP, g11 Vader, g10 thrawn, g10 Tarkin, g11 TFP. Decent mods but not great (enough that I can get top 50 in arena, no speed on TFP because I don't have enough speed secondaries).

Managed first time with no issues - lost TFP but there was never a point where I felt close to losing. I kept fracture on chirpa because he's an annoying little ****, wasn't really paying attention to the rest of my strategy tbh - generally I try and focus down the highest damage dealer which I can't stun. The daze was annoying but I don't know enough about ewoks to know where it was coming from, cleansed it with thrawn as much as I could.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Beat it 1st attempt with g12 squad:
    zEP vader shoretrooper zzthrawn tfp
  • Options
    I managed it first time with:
    ZzPalp (lead) G12
    zThrawn g12
    zBB8 G12
    Deathtrooper G12
    zVeers G11

Palpetine stun and thrawn fracture are the most important elements. Go for EE and logray asap on the last round
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The event is meant to be hard. It’s not impossible, as evident by all the people saying they can do it and countless more who don’t bother to respond. All anyone has to do is figure out how to utilize their roster to complete it and if they can’t, how to improve their roster for next time.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You know, there's probably some sort of team I could try that would get me through the Mythic phase, but it's so frustrating and terribly designed that I'm not even going to bother.

You know, i lost this event the first couple of times, and while i admit i can probably create a team to beat it, i dont want to, and am just gonna blame the devs for it instead.

I'm not gonna spend time doing something I do not enjoy because the devs don't know how to make something difficult without just giving your enemies 500+ speed.

This is a game, not a job; yet the Mythic tier feels like work.

I mean they could boost survivability (IPD bounty) or damage (Wampa Bounty)or Preloaded tm (Mythic evnets), or fancy abilities (STR) but no one really likes those either do they.

Damage is boosted in the regular forest moon and it's fine. Fancy abilities are also fine when done right. Basically every one of those approaches can be fine if done right, it's the "done right" part they have a problem with.

I assume “done right” means that it’s tuned to exactly the characters, gear levels, abilities and mods that you have already?
    There is allowed to be difficult content in the game. Sometimes it can even be more difficult than you personally are ready to accomplish.
    The point of a game is that you can play it, not just move from event to event hitting “auto” and collecting rewards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    You know, there's probably some sort of team I could try that would get me through the Mythic phase, but it's so frustrating and terribly designed that I'm not even going to bother.

You know, i lost this event the first couple of times, and while i admit i can probably create a team to beat it, i dont want to, and am just gonna blame the devs for it instead.

I'm not gonna spend time doing something I do not enjoy because the devs don't know how to make something difficult without just giving your enemies 500+ speed.

I mean they could boost survivability (IPD bounty) or damage (Wampa Bounty)or Preloaded tm (Mythic evnets), or fancy abilities (STR) but no one really likes those either do they.

Damage is boosted in the regular forest moon and it's fine. Fancy abilities are also fine when done right. Basically every one of those approaches can be fine if done right, it's the "done right" part they have a problem with.

I assume “done right” means that it’s tuned to exactly the characters, gear levels, abilities and mods that you have already?
    There is allowed to be difficult content in the game. Sometimes it can even be more difficult than you personally are ready to accomplish.
    The point of a game is that you can play it, not just move from event to event hitting “auto” and collecting rewards.

Haters gonna hate. Trying to make them change their minds is more difficult than any event thrown at us.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This event is totally beatable with the right team and strategy. Some tips:

-zVader lead puts the dots on the Ewoks so you can watch all of their tm tricks work against them.
    -Thrawn is a champion in this event, use fracture as required.
    -Remember the special ability your characters get in this event (the “defend” thing)? Use it to manipulate your own turn meter so that you go into key phases (4 and 8) with the right character ready to move first.
    -Apparenly BB8 can also work well, using a well timed Illuminated Destiny to turn the tides in your favour
    -Others are reporting that a droid team works wonders too
  • Options
    zEP lead , vader thrawn all g12 , g8 r2d2 and g8 or 9 lvl 80 TFP . Keep logray from casting mass daze.
  • Options
    Yes it can be done without Shore.

I think the event was well balanced. Before saying the event was extremely unbalanced and impossible to do, think about elder players. I have some people in my guild that completed the event without Shore and with ok mods.

If you can't beat the mythic tier, you are not ready. You cannot be ready for all events, all tiers, all difficulty levels all the time...

I really liked the comment above saying you can't just auto all tiers and collect rewards! There must be some challenge!

That being said, I got it second try with:
    zzPalp, zVador, Tarkin, zThrawn and Shore. Tarkin and Shore are G10 and G11, others are G12. I do not have crazy speed mods.

The trick is to fracture Paploo then kill elder.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Haters gonna hate. Trying to make them change their minds is more difficult than any event thrown at us.

For the record, I completed it and still think it is badly designed. It brings nothing except the need for specific characters at high gear. Luckily, this can also be forced by other compositions with high enough stats which makes it better than the Thrawn mythic and the key character, Tarkin, can be relatively low gear (mine was G9), but I still don't consider it a good event.
  • OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Veers lead, shore, snow, starck, Thrawn easily won. Trick is to fracture Logray immediately in p8 because the daze really shuts the team down.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

For the record, I completed it and still think it is badly designed. It brings nothing except the need for specific characters at high gear. Luckily, this can also be forced by other compositions with high enough stats which makes it better than the Thrawn mythic and the key character, Tarkin, can be relatively low gear (mine was G9), but I still don't consider it a good event.

I didn't imply you couldn't beat it, i implied you're a hater.
    The funny thing is that people are scrambling to find reasons to not like these events. Yours included.
  • Options
    I got 3 stars on mythic with this team. zzEP g12 194 speed, Vader g12 205 speed, TFP g11 241 speed, R2D2 g10 215 speed, and RG g9 123 speed (25500 hp / 43000 prot).

So only need the zetas on Palpatine. At the last stage make sure you ability block and buff immunity/shock the three Ewoks on the left hand side.
    Kill the elder first, the one furthest to the left second. Then chip away at the rest.

This event isn’t all that hard, it just takes a long time to get to the end and if you make a mistake you’ve got to run it all again. Good luck. I needed those 2 zetas!!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

The funny thing is that people are scrambling to find reasons to not like these events. Yours included.

Did you actually enjoy the event? For me it was mostly a chore to get the two zetas.
  • Anderle
    119 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Done it after a few tries with zVader(lead), g11, thrawn(243 speed) g12, z(unique)ep g12, zr2 g12 and tarkin g11. Key was to fracture logray, than apply dots with vader, stealth all, expect r2 and kill elder, paploo, logray.... so beatable with not maxed out toons, all you need is a bit luck ;) and aplly this nice dots.from vader, they kill themselves with taking 1200 turns before you have one...
  • Options
    Yes! I beat the mythic tier with the following team:
    ZVador (L) g11
    ZVeers g10
    ZThrawn g12
    Snowtrooper g10
    Shoretrooper g10

I barely won actually. Only Vador and Thrawn made it but that was enough. Veers and Thrawn had to often refill Shore's protection but it was worthy, Shore could held his ground with his immunity to crits. Vador as a leader helped a lot for wave 8 with the dots. Veers too with his aoe.
  • Options
    Hk47 g11 178 speed
    Ig86 g11 188 speed
    Ig88 g11 181 speed
    R2 g12 257 speed number crunch zeta
    Bb8 g12 274 speed roll zeta
    Finish 3* on auto
  • Options
    ZzEP (L), DV, zzGAT, Shore, DT. All G12 solid mods. Basically my arena team. Ewoks went a ton of times but with shore and no crits they couldn’t do enough damage to kill anyone before a heal or prot recovery. At times I just stood there while they went over and over. Killed elder first then aoe whittled down everyone. Shore grenade cleared all the buffs every so often too.
  • Options
    Hk47 g11 178 speed
    Ig86 g11 188 speed
    Ig88 g11 181 speed
    R2 g12 257 speed number crunch zeta
    Bb8 g12 274 speed roll zeta
    Finish 3* on auto

Nice to see another full droid gang.

I used:

HK-47 (l) - G11
    BB8 - G11
    R2 - G12 (both zetas)
    K2SO - G12 (zeta)
    Chopper - G11

Did auto until end of wave 7.
    No one died of mine and I killed the elder first.

I did fail once, and I think my mistake then was that I tried to kill Paploo first.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Did you actually enjoy the event? For me it was mostly a chore to get the two zetas.

Yes, i even retreated to be able to try another team. Manually played the 2nd hardest difficulty aswell, auto'd the other tiers.
  • Options
    What a fun and annoying (in a great way) event.

It took me a few tries but I did it.
    I used zvader (L) Dt Shore (he died at the end) palp and Thrawn

The key is as someone said before - fracture logray and try to kill EE. With the Vader dots wicket and co were losing life all the while.

Fun and challenging event - as an empire guy I’m very happy.

Side gloat - 3 omegas from challenges plus this event and the prize box for dailies. Great omega day!
  • Options
    Firstly, I'd like to thank the devs for bringing a Mythic Tier to this event, I was looking forward to a new challenge since the first three Tiers have been trivial for a long time now. This tier was the most fun I've had in events in a long time. :D

For anyone that would like to know, I played through the whole thing manually, but I did it first try with
    g12 Zader(L)
    g12 zTarkin
    g12 Thrawn
    g11 TFP
    g9 RG

everyone was on full HP and most Prot when entering round 8,
    in round 8 I lost TFP and RG because they were squishy
    the ewoks just died out from the DoTs and an occasional culling blade/Fracture/Tarkin AoE
    don't forget to use the event ability, it comes in handy in round 8, think it heals 20% HP or something
  • Varaben
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Got it done with this squad. Took a few tries though.

zVeers g10
    DT g11
    Thrawn (no zeta) g12
    zzBB8 g12
    ZzR2d2 g12

Per advice on Reddit, fractured Logray before he could put daze. If I got dazed it was over. Then focus elder (remove taunt with DT). I used smokescreen on bb8 so he would either dodge (heal himself and R2 with zeta) or counter and call R2 to assist (stun).
  • Options
    Slow but easy win with G12 ZzPalp, Shoretrooper, Thrawn, Vader and G7 stormtrooper. Didn’t lose anyone.